The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Lugia or Ho-Oh?
Lugia 60 55.56%
Ho-Oh 48 44.44%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
Lugia to me has a very boring design. Probably because of the lack of colors? And I really hate using Lugia in battle. The tankish Pokemon don't do much for me in-game.

Old December 5th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I have to go with Ho-oh. Back in gen 3, Ho-oh was a little harder to get. (Lugia you could catch in XD, Ho-oh you had to do a lot of extra stuff in Colosseum.) I also don't think they have done a good job recently on Lugia's sprite. Lugia is pretty cool I especially hate the sprite on HG and SS.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old December 10th, 2012, 11:00 PM
rikdegraaff

Nature: Quiet
I have chosen Ho-Oh, because I love it's gold color

Old December 12th, 2012, 03:16 AM
KitsuneLugia96
Trainer Silver

I like Lugia and Ho-Oh a lot. Ho-Oh is one of my favorite Pokemon, but Lugia is my number 1 favorite. So I choose Lugia! :D

POKEMON SILVER SHADOWS
Pokemon Hack Series - Silver's Journeys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zADnU40NuYw&feature=plcp
Old December 12th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I thought I had answered this thread-guess not.

I Prefer Ho-oh as it has a better shiny sprite, other than that I actually would use it in my party.
Old December 12th, 2012, 04:41 PM
The_Consumer

I think Ho-oh is a symbol of some sorts but Lugia definitely looks better IMO :D
Old December 12th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Turboblaze
Blazing Aura

I usually prefer offense over defense but I'll go with Lugia more often than not in this situation. I like sits appearance and exclusive move better than Ho-oh's.

White 2: Pokedex-65/649 ~ Medals-27/255 ~Trainer Card: Blue
Old December 17th, 2012, 10:06 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I honestly don't think I will ever change my mind because I love Lugia way more than Ho-oh ever since I was little. Besides Lugia can learn a lot of water type moves that can easily KO a Ho-oh, so I went with Lugia.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old December 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Sheep
may the stars shine down on you

Nature: Timid
Ho-Oh has the better design; Lugia looks a little plain to me, even though I do like it. I just find that Ho-Oh looks better overall and has a more engaging story.

whooo clubs
family twin
my star
Old December 18th, 2012, 01:19 PM
$lowking2
Unhatched Egg

Growing up with XD instead of Colosseum, I'm gonna have to go with Lugia just basing it on the Nostalgia-Factor.
Old December 21st, 2012, 06:03 PM
KingCarini
Unhatched Egg

I have to go with Ho-oh. Gold was the first game I had, and I've played it countless times so Ho-oh has always been a part of my team. And it's sprite is gorgeous.
Old December 25th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Burst
Unhatched Egg

Lugia. No competition. It looks so magistic and I loved its role in pokemon 2000 or whatever that was called xD
Ho-oh just seems like a copy of moltress to me :\
Plus I caught luging with my first dusk ball
Old December 28th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Shaf
Lonely MadNooB Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Shaf
I prefer Ho-OH cuz my first game was Pokemon Gold and I always prefer Fire types cuz these are quite awesome.... :D

FanClubs I'm IN!
Old December 28th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Starry Windy
Take a tour ride.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Ho-Oh because its design is full of colors, it looks majestic when flying!
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:13 PM
DakRo7

Would say Lugia for nostalgia, but i recently bought and played through Heartgold and i was impressed by Ho-oh having never before used one in 10+ years of playing pokemon
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:07 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I like Ho-oh because of it's design as it's less plain than Lugia but Lugia has more of a backstory I think idk why xD
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
It's kind of a mix for me, hard to pick one. Lugia has been my companion since Silver, and SS as well, it's one of my favorites. I like the typing on this pokemon as well, but I might have originally liked this pokemon because it looked like a water type, one of my favorite types back then. I remember watching the anime and Lugia's few appearances. It always seemed so angry, and I remember yelling at the TV for Lugia to stop raging at the good people rather than the bad.

As for Ho-oh, I like Lugia's design and typing better, as Ho-oh's seems kind of messed up, but my vote goes to Ho-oh, simply because of its appearances in the anime, particularly the first. I remember watching that episode, and Ho-oh seemed really cool to me, flying over all gold and sparkly. So yeah, Ho-oh gets my vote for this.
Old January 4th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Perico
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
I've always had some sort of troubles on deciding which one is my favourite. They're not like the other pair of legendaries, which I can pick one easily and without a second thought.

I like both designs and maybe what it could disappoint me a bit it's the type combination of Lugia, but it's actually no problem, I still like it.

Since I always like to answer what it's asked in threads like this, I will go with Ho-oh for one only reason: maybe the storyline fits a lot more with Ho-oh rather than with Lugia. It seems like they made Ho-oh first and thought everything about what its storyline could be, and then came Lugia and they made something up very quickly - because I don't know what you think but, it's really weird to see the Kimono girls in the deepest of an island summoning a monster of the sea (at least it sounds weirder than the Kimono girls in the top of a tower summoning a bird of the sky.)

Allez, hop!
Old January 4th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Mononoke Hime
viva emptiness

Lugia <3

It's so beautiful and aquatic and can fly at the same time. It's perfect for me, who likes water and air, and it also has a combo with it's psychic typing so it's it all the way in.

Ho-oh is pretty too!
Old January 4th, 2013, 07:55 PM
IvanSky07
Unhatched Egg

I prefer ho-oh... because it's move set is more convenient than Lugia's... Besides.. I play heart gold...
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Mintyy
Minty~

I love polls <3

I like Lugia because I started out with Silver first, so I might be a bit bias But being a Psychic/Flying type that can learn Water attacks, it sure comes in handy if the two were going to battle it out :D
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:36 PM
The Mighty Celt
Unhatched Egg

I'd have to pick Lugia. Much better in my opinion. Ho-Oh is just a newer version of Moltres.
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneLugia96 View Post
I like Lugia and Ho-Oh a lot. Ho-Oh is one of my favorite Pokemon, but Lugia is my number 1 favorite. So I choose Lugia! :D
People are presenting some good arguments! I have a few questions though :3. Why is Lugia your number 1 favourite Pokemon? Is its design appealing to you, just a badass Pokemon in general, typing, it's role in a movie? What makes Lugia your favourite <3? If you don't mind me asking :3, however if you prefer not to answer that's perfectly and always fine! And also what do you like about Ho-oh too make it one of your favourites? <3.

Quote:
I've always had some sort of troubles on deciding which one is my favourite. They're not like the other pair of legendaries, which I can pick one easily and without a second thought.

I like both designs and maybe what it could disappoint me a bit it's the type combination of Lugia, but it's actually no problem, I still like it.

Since I always like to answer what it's asked in threads like this, I will go with Ho-oh for one only reason: maybe the storyline fits a lot more with Ho-oh rather than with Lugia. It seems like they made Ho-oh first and thought everything about what its storyline could be, and then came Lugia and they made something up very quickly - because I don't know what you think but, it's really weird to see the Kimono girls in the deepest of an island summoning a monster of the sea (at least it sounds weirder than the Kimono girls in the top of a tower summoning a bird of the sky.)
This I agree with :3! I've always found it easy picking out a favourite legendary out of a duo or trio, but for Ho-oh and Lugia it's a completely different case. I find it mind numbingly hard sometimes to choose and my mind often can't make up, I love both of their designs! Ho-oh being the beautiful colours of the Rainbow and its storyline I have to agree makes much more sense, the Kimono Girls look like they more fit into Ho-oh's plot honestly. A tower and Kimono Girls makes much more sense then them deep in an island...what would they be doing there?

Although I love Lugia, but sometimes I honestly believe it should be Water/Flying, Ho-oh just makes more sense to me and I love its design much more, so Ho-oh was always my favourite too <3.
. :p
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:15 PM
pokefangames
Sinor Trainer

Nature: Calm
I would have to say Ho-Oh is my fav of the 2. even though I only have Soul Silver and a working copy of Silver ._.
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Ryusu
Pokétopia Master

Nature: Relaxed
I think Ho-Oh has a better design but I love Lugia. Probably the main reason I watched Pokemon 2000 about a million of times as a kid.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here