• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Can someone help me find the palette for the female hero sprite?

I looked at this tutorial :http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=165124&highlight=edit+hero+sprite+fire+red

But it doesn't seem to work.

EDIT:

It does work when changing the palette of the already existing sprite but when I try to insert a sprite it messes up the palette.

You must make sure all the pixels in the image use the exact same palette colour, if it's any different... it will revert to the last colour in the palette. It's exactly the same way as you change the tiles in AdvanceMap, you must make sure all the pixels in the image use the exact same colours as in the palette itself.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
You must make sure all the pixels in the image use the exact same palette colour, if it's any different... it will revert to the last colour in the palette. It's exactly the same way as you change the tiles in AdvanceMap, you must make sure all the pixels in the image use the exact same colours as in the palette itself.

Thank you for trying to help but my trial just ended on photoshop so I don't think I'll be able to do it myself now. :(

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Thank you for the help. :3

Also I need help with something else. I'm getting an error message every time I'm trying to save my Pokemon now which means I can't change the Pokemon you find in certain routes. *frown* Here's a screen shot. Can someone help me with this?

Spoiler:

Dunno what you did, I'm going to ask - did you delete the Wild Pokemon entries on a map as that sometimes makes AdvanceMap go all crazy, or it used to, still may not be safe to do so. If you didn't, I have no idea.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012

I think I found a way of getting around needing photoshop by using PEdit to convert my pal files to act files but I still am not sure how I'm messing up on this.

I have the image of the correct size and then I export the color palette and then convert it to an act file. Then I load the picture as a PNG into the unLZ. The picture loads into the game. Then I open up APE and go to 00460EF0 and import the act file of the picture I just loaded into the game. Then when I check in the game the palette doesn't match.

If I load the palette first it seems to work on the existing female hero sprite but when I load in the image of the new female hero sprite it turns bright pink and cyan again.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
Years
Dunno what you did, I'm going to ask - did you delete the Wild Pokemon entries on a map as that sometimes makes AdvanceMap go all crazy, or it used to, still may not be safe to do so. If you didn't, I have no idea.

I didn't delete all. Technically I didn't delete any because I was just trying the rearrange the Pokemon I already put into the map because I needed to fix the encounter rate (example: I don't want a Meowth to have a 1% rate when I just put him at the bottom of the Pokemon list) The program deleted them when the error came up.

I hope you aren't saying I just f-ed up my ROM because this was meant to be a gift to my fiance's twin brother who's in the hospital. X-X;;;; If that's the case then... Ugh... I dunno what I'm gonna do... This sucks. >o<+

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
I didn't delete all. Technically I didn't delete any because I was just trying the rearrange the Pokemon I already put into the map because I needed to fix the encounter rate (example: I don't want a Meowth to have a 1% rate when I just put him at the bottom of the Pokemon list) The program deleted them when the error came up.

I hope you aren't saying I just f-ed up my ROM because this was meant to be a gift to my fiance's twin brother who's in the hospital. X-X;;;; If that's the case then... Ugh... I dunno what I'm gonna do... This sucks. >o<+

So, all you were doing was editing the Wild Pokemon Data in a map and you move map and the error comes up? Tried contacting Lu-Ho, the creator of the program? He may be able to give more help about what the issue could be, because from what you've said, this shouldn't be happening. Go through each step that you did.

Years
Does anyone know the script for taking away a players pokemon? I need them to be gone since it's just how the hack will go.

I've been searching for it for a while but if you try searching 'release pokemon script' all you get is scripts that have release in. -.-'' Don't even attempt searching for 'taking pokemon away from player' all that it searchs is 'player'.

So does anyone know how I'd go about doing that?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Does anyone know the script for taking away a players pokemon? I need them to be gone since it's just how the hack will go.

I've been searching for it for a while but if you try searching 'release pokemon script' all you get is scripts that have release in. -.-'' Don't even attempt searching for 'taking pokemon away from player' all that it searchs is 'player'.

This thread is definitely what you're looking for. If you don't know how to insert ASM then there's a part in here which can help you.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2017
I searched all over but the only one I found is out of date so... Is there an up to date list of completed hacks? If not could someone make one please?

Years

A lot of people wish this was possible but unfortunately, there is no such thing as a release Pokemon script.
It's all done by ASM.

There is a work around for it though.
You can use the Daycare script to take the Pokemon away and not place a Daycare centre in your game. But you will also need to make sure that the player will have a Pokemon in his/her party for that to work.
I'm not exactly sure what command is used to move the Pokemon to the Daycare but if you poke around the script, you're bound to find it.

Hyper Chibi Absol

Years
So, all you were doing was editing the Wild Pokemon Data in a map and you move map and the error comes up? Tried contacting Lu-Ho, the creator of the program? He may be able to give more help about what the issue could be, because from what you've said, this shouldn't be happening. Go through each step that you did.

I already sent him an email 2 days ago. Just waiting for a reply. I can only assume he's VERY busy for obvious reasons. I just really hope this is an easy fix... I put alot of effort into making this edit. Not just in the rearanging but I was already doing concept art for the poses of the Pokemon and the new Gym Leaders/Trainers/E4/Champion/Team. And I can't abandon the project because that would let my brother-in-law down and I don't that...

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Thank you for the help. :3

Also I need help with something else. I'm getting an error message every time I'm trying to save my Pokemon now which means I can't change the Pokemon you find in certain routes. *frown* Here's a screen shot. Can someone help me with this?

Spoiler:

I did some experimenting to replicate what you've been experiencing and it seems like you may have overwritten a number of pointers which point to the lists (Grass, Water, Headbutt etc.) of which Pokemon appear on which route. This large block of pointers is located between 0x39D454 and 0x39DBEA in Ruby. There are quite a few zeroes in this location so something was probably inserted here accidentally and overwrote stuff. You should be able to C+P this data from a clean Ruby ROM to remove the error notification and let your lists save themselves again.

Unfortunately if you do this then any new list pointers which are still usable will be deleted and the the actual new Pokemon lists will be lost somewhere in your ROM. For example: the Route 101 grass Pokemon list will still show your changes, but if you added a water list in Route 101 then its pointer will be deleted. Also, whatever you inserted and overwrote everything with will be deleted so that may cause problems somewhere.

Hopefully that was the culprit, but if not could you post a patch in the thread/ PM it to me so I can have a better look at it? :)

Hyper Chibi Absol

Years
I did some experimenting to replicate what you've been experiencing and it seems like you may have overwritten a number of pointers which point to the lists (Grass, Water, Headbutt etc.) of which Pokemon appear on which route. This large block of pointers is located between 0x39D454 and 0x39DBEA in Ruby. There are quite a few zeroes in this location so something was probably inserted here accidentally and overwrote stuff. You should be able to C+P this data from a clean Ruby ROM to remove the error notification and let your lists save themselves again.

Unfortunately if you do this then any new list pointers which are still usable will be deleted and the the actual new Pokemon lists will be lost somewhere in your ROM. For example: the Route 101 grass Pokemon list will still show your changes, but if you added a water list in Route 101 then its pointer will be deleted. Also, whatever you inserted and overwrote everything with will be deleted so that may cause problems somewhere.

Hopefully that was the culprit, but if not could you post a patch in the thread/ PM it to me so I can have a better look at it? :)

Well I'll try that but first how do I change the pointers back? I never even knew about pointers till I used Advanced trainer (which is also giving me problems). I didn't think I changed anything because I was only moving the Pokemon around. Do I need another program to change the HEX or something, or did I just overlook something that's in Advanced Map? *facewall* Sorry for all the questions. To be honest, I'm kind of a newb at this. x-x;;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back