The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:08 AM
LaVida's Avatar
LaVida
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sinnoh
Age: 20
Gender: Female
I personally believe (and you are free to disagree) that smoking marijuana is better than drinking alcohol. I just can't see how people would rant about a legalization of marijuana when they think alcohol is alright. If you are badly addicted to alcohol, the consequences will be a lot worse than if you were addicted to marijuana.

If smoking marijuana is prohibided, then drinking alcohol should especially be forbidden.
Reply With Quote
  #77    
Old December 3rd, 2012, 11:06 AM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
@SlenderMan.. I agree they should find a way to limit your usage. Maybe they give you a card for the business and everytime you buy they scan it and it's added up til you reach your max in a month. They should only sell it at 1 place as well but have them all over the place. Reason, is people would just get cards from everywhere they see to have unlimited marijuana. I think they should limit it to 3 ounces in a month. If your tolerence is too high, oh well wait til next month.

Another thing they could do when they legalize it, is if people grow it then they're gettin locked up because growers don't grow to smoke, they grow to sell, even tho it's legalized. It's illegal to make your own alcohol and sell it without going through a lot of stuff so marijuana should be the same way. I also agree with Slenderman with making the legal age 21 to get smoke, but it would get the same results that tobacco and alcohol gets. All that's gonna happen is underaged will give the money to an older person so ya.

What I personally think they should do is if you sell dope to a minor or a kid, cos I know the process of finding the big fish in drug dealing. Is once the kids give out the dealers location they arrest him and give him the death penalty. Sounds a little over board but I'm sure people would learn quick. It would also lower the dealing business, and allow people to legalize it.
Reply With Quote
  #78    
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:18 PM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Alright guys, the thread isn't for posting your habits for the world to see. Get back to debating the legality and such from earlier posts, please.
My point with discussing my habits is this: No matter the habits... the bottom line is that no one can simply decide what my intent is. So while it is PROBABLE that if I had a pound I'd be selling it... there is still the possibility that I would not be. And for that possibility, no matter how small, I believe that imposing a limit on how much one can carry would threaten the legality of it in it's entirety. As I said... the government needs to make a stance. They are either for marijuana, or against. If they start to put a bunch of lines in between what is and isn't okay.... the entire system will devolve.

@ShinyUmbreon: Three ounces is an arbitrary number. Three ounces will affect someone smaller a lot harder than it will someone stockier. Just like blood alcohol levels. You wouldn't say the drinking limit is 3 beers, would you? No..it would need be a function that can determine the relation between body mass and thc blood levels. Otherwise.... it just simply wouldn't work. What are to tell people who don't get drunk off 3 beers? Oh... well there's always tomorrow! If they were going to limit it's usage... they'd have to be fair about it. But the complication comes in the fact that thc stays in your bloodstream much longer than alcohol--long after you have sobered up. Thus you could have been a week sober and still have THC blood levels that are "too high." The number would accumulate and accumulate unless you fully waited for the THC to dissipate from your system. Their tolerance would build up and up, and the amount they could smoke would be less and less.

Plus... monopolies are baaaaaad. Which is what you suggested.

Again... you can't determine the intent of the grower. Say that HE DID grow to smoke... your entire claim falls out the window there. The reason it is illegal to make your own alcohol is because if you make it wrong... it could kill people/make them go blind. If you grow weed wrong... it just is gonna be some bunk that doesn't really get anyone high. See the difference there? Legal age I disagree with simply because I believe that upon "adulthood" we should all be liable for ourselves, thus 18 with alcohol being 18 as well Or the alternative solution... make the new age of "adulthood" 21.

First of all... dope is heroin. Not cannabis. That is simply mislabeling by society. Do not get the two confused. Secondly... the death penalty is not the solution. Should we also kill everyone who has a broken taillight? I'm sure they'd catch on real quick and fix their taillights right away...
__________________
Being wrong isn't "bad", failing to admit that you are, is.

Last edited by von Weltschmerz; December 5th, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #79    
Old December 4th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Draegast
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Gender: Male
it shouldnt be against the law at all it doesnt hurt anyone
Reply With Quote
  #80    
Old December 6th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Mr. X's Avatar
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Government says that cannabis has no medical uses.

Government owns patent that states Cannabinoids, which Cannabis is, have medical uses.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...&RS=PN/6630507
__________________
Follower of Carlinism since 2008.

Come play Runescape
Reply With Quote
  #81    
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:07 PM
TRIFORCE89's Avatar
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Temple of Light
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVida View Post
I personally believe (and you are free to disagree) that smoking marijuana is better than drinking alcohol. I just can't see how people would rant about a legalization of marijuana when they think alcohol is alright. If you are badly addicted to alcohol, the consequences will be a lot worse than if you were addicted to marijuana.

If smoking marijuana is prohibided, then drinking alcohol should especially be forbidden.
I'm fine with marijuana being legal, but I don't like the comparisons to alcohol.

I drink some. I've never being drunk. Never plan to be. I don't drink to get impaired. I like something that goes well with my dinner. Taste.

I don't think that applies to marijuana. Different beasts with different purposes. Addiction aside, you smoke pot for a desired effect - an impairment, with alcohol you can drink to achieve that but you don't need to. If you go to a nice restaurant and have a glass of wine you're not really in the same boat as having just smoked something.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82    
Old December 7th, 2012, 08:48 PM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
^ Well one thing I've noticed is that the more you smoke the easier it is to taste the flavor of the actual buds. And some of it--most of it tastes really good. And that glass with dinner for the "taste" could rightfully be applied to marijuana. Even if that one glass doesn't get you drunk... it definitely loosens the mood, and again, that same thing could be applied to marijuana. The two are very similar in such regards.
__________________
Being wrong isn't "bad", failing to admit that you are, is.
Reply With Quote
  #83    
Old December 12th, 2012, 06:35 AM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Weltschmerz View Post
^ Well one thing I've noticed is that the more you smoke the easier it is to taste the flavor of the actual buds. And some of it--most of it tastes really good. And that glass with dinner for the "taste" could rightfully be applied to marijuana. Even if that one glass doesn't get you drunk... it definitely loosens the mood, and again, that same thing could be applied to marijuana. The two are very similar in such regards.
Well, they're both downers so mixing them wont cause any harm. Just don't smoke then drink lol, I made that mistake once. Drink and then smoke, the marijuana settles the stomach because it's marijuana lol. Once again proves marijuana is better and safer than alcohol... Well I did it with hard liquor but as long as you drink then smoke your fine. Don't get all stupid and chug a whole bottle then smoke cos it wont do much.

I guess this would go with the discussion. I just got 4 teeth extracted yesterday and they gave me 10 mg hydrocodones, which is fine I guess but why couldn't they give me marijuana... I know I can't smoke it because of the extraction but I can definitely make pot tea or something and still get the effects. It's much safer than risking the addiction to these hydros. I could prob make pot brownies or something (without nuts) and that would help the pain.. Still no physical addiction there.

Yes marijuana does have a mental addiction, the same mental addiction you get from video games, music, and such.. You don't wanna quit those but you won't go crazy if you do, you'll just miss them and that's the mental addiction. While drugs like heroin, methamphetamine, crack/cocaine, any oxy in pill, Vicodin, pretty much any percocet, or opiate is addicting and physically addicting. You go through withdraws when getting off the addiction. But marijuana your just like, "Oh well, guess I can't smoke no more" and nothing happens. I've had to quit smoking many times due to jobs that require drug screenings and everything but never went through withdraws. Just when you start back up your so far gone you got your space suit on. But yet it's not dangerous. If you don't got it you don't tweak out, go all psychotic like crack heads and stuff your just like, "oh well". Lol. So yes it should be legalized, no matter what.... Just shouldn't be allowed to sell it.. I guess they could purchase a business card or something that costs a couple thousand but you pay it over time giving you the authority to grow and sell it. I don't see too many people purchasing a $2,500 card tho, but that's what they should do to still allow people to grow it. I think it's fair.. All the weed you want for a year and you can grow it, hell ya, who wouldn't?
Reply With Quote
  #84    
Old December 13th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blackthorn City
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
There was actually a poll out in the news a dew days ago that said a plurality/majority of American voters would support legalization of marijuana were it put on a ballot like in Washington & Colorado. Pretty encouraging if you're for legalization.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150149/re...marijuana.aspx
__________________

Last edited by Lance; December 14th, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #85    
Old December 14th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Counterfeit's Avatar
Counterfeit
 
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
you smoke pot for a desired effect - an impairment, with alcohol you can drink to achieve that but you don't need to.
The hell do I, I'd say I was anything but impaired while high. That is however the exact reason I don't drink!

I'll have you know I get nothing but grief from it; There isn't an alcoholic drink that I don't think tastes absolutely awful, and that doesn't make me feel like an idiot as it diminishes all my cognitive faculties.

I also strongly reject any comments saying that you can't use weed purely for the taste, or that to do so requires a lot of it.

If you're smoking get some glass, some wick and throw any tobacco you have away and you'll see what I mean. Most importantly remember that you're not obligated to smoke a **** load.
You can cook it too an achieve some fantastic flavours, again just don't use as much as you would need too to get high.
__________________
eram quod es, eris quod sum

Last edited by Counterfeit; December 14th, 2012 at 03:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #86    
Old December 14th, 2012, 03:55 PM
CarcharOdin's Avatar
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Monterey, California, USA
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
I don't have any problem with it being legal, really.

But I had a couple of room mates who smoked pot and they ended up being really annoying. Not really taking any responsibility for anything or what not. Plus, the smell wasn't really all that good, but then again, neither is tobacco smoke. But I guess the whole irresponsibility part comes with just about any drug and alcohol if you're addicted to it, so if cannibis is less harmful than alcohol/tobacco as they say, I don't really see a good reason for it to be illegal.
__________________
CarcharOdin gets high on life to forget about drugs.
Reply With Quote
  #87    
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:29 PM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
The only downside to marijuana is it can tear familys apart, especially if the non smokers are against it. People that don't smoke it automatically think of it as a gateway drug when they are wrong, and have no clue what they're talking about. But it's really up to the person smoking it whether they wanna risk losing family over it or not.
Reply With Quote
  #88    
Old December 16th, 2012, 11:52 AM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
At the two above: annoying people will be annoying with or without marijuana. If they are lazy slobs... they will be lazy slobs regardless of whether they smoke or not. The same goes for families... it isn't smoking weed that drives them apart it is their misguided conception of the plant that does. Not to mention if it were legal then people would not condemn it so harshly and families would not fall apart . The concern a lot of people have is only because it's illegal. My grandpa, for example, is against smoking but only on his property because he thinks he can lose his house. If it were legal, he'd have nothing to fear and thus no issue with it.

At the two above: annoying people will be annoying with or without marijuana. If they are lazy slobs... they will be lazy slobs regardless of whether they smoke or not. The same goes for families... it isn't smoking weed that drives them apart it is their misguided conception of the plant that does. Not to mention if it were legal then people would not condemn it so harshly and families would not fall apart . The concern a lot of people have is only because it's illegal. My grandpa, for example, is against smoking but only on his property because he thinks he can lose his house. If it were legal, he'd have nothing to fear and thus no issue with it.
__________________
Being wrong isn't "bad", failing to admit that you are, is.

Last edited by von Weltschmerz; December 16th, 2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #89    
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM
CarcharOdin's Avatar
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Monterey, California, USA
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Weltschmerz View Post
My grandpa, for example, is against smoking but only on his property because he thinks he can lose his house. If it were legal, he'd have nothing to fear and thus no issue with it.
Yeah, that reminds me of a bartender of a bar I used to frequent. There was supposed to be a live band playing at the bar one of the nights I was there enjoying a margarita, but he kicked them out because they were smoking pot on the bar porch. He later stated he wasn't anti-marijuana, just "anti-marijuana in his bar" because he could lose his bar license if the police caught these guys smoking pot in his bar.
__________________
CarcharOdin gets high on life to forget about drugs.
Reply With Quote
  #90    
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
I'm pretty borderlined with Marijuana's legalization. On one hand, it'll help our revenue cost, especially on California's economy, and provide medical use. On the other hand, in an episode of South Park, a law was passed to legalize Marijauna, but it was limited to only cancer patients, which caused its citizens to get themselves cancer in order to get their hands on the marijuana. It was then concluded that KFC was keeping people from getting cancer, as it was closed to be a marijuana shop due to a law that passed to bans food with high trans-fat, so both laws were repealed. An episode of Family Guy also showed what happens when marijuana was legal: everyone was doing absolutely nothing, thus companies are losing money due to their workers not doing their job. According to my health book, Health: The Basics, the effects of overuse of marijuana may cause testicular cancer, anxeity, depression, suicidal ideation, schizophrenia, suppression of the immune system, blood pressure changes, and impaired memory function.
__________________
Credit goes to grundo80 from imgur for the gif

Last edited by Pinkie-Dawn; December 16th, 2012 at 02:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #91    
Old December 16th, 2012, 04:12 PM
CarcharOdin's Avatar
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Monterey, California, USA
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I'm pretty borderlined with Marijuana's legalization. On one hand, it'll help our revenue cost, especially on California's economy, and provide medical use. On the other hand, in an episode of South Park, a law was passed to legalize Marijauna, but it was limited to only cancer patients, which caused its citizens to get themselves cancer in order to get their hands on the marijuana. It was then concluded that KFC was keeping people from getting cancer, as it was closed to be a marijuana shop due to a law that passed to bans food with high trans-fat, so both laws were repealed. An episode of Family Guy also showed what happens when marijuana was legal: everyone was doing absolutely nothing, thus companies are losing money due to their workers not doing their job. According to my health book, Health: The Basics, the effects of overuse of marijuana may cause testicular cancer, anxeity, depression, suicidal ideation, schizophrenia, suppression of the immune system, blood pressure changes, and impaired memory function.
You do realize South Park and Family Guy are just comedy/satire TV shows, right?
__________________
CarcharOdin gets high on life to forget about drugs.
Reply With Quote
  #92    
Old December 16th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarcharOdin View Post
You do realize South Park and Family Guy are just comedy/satire TV shows, right?
Comedy/satire TV shows that give out clever morals near the end of every episode. If they show what happens when marijuana is legal, even if it's down to extreme measures for comedic factor, then it must be true. Comedians tend to bring better points on topics when poking on both sides of the debate and provide their own solution.
__________________
Credit goes to grundo80 from imgur for the gif
Reply With Quote
  #93    
Old December 22nd, 2012, 05:30 AM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Are you.. being serious? It is comedy. They are purposely taking the truth and making it seem worse/funny. You could give yourself cancer to get weed, yeah... but who would? No one, that is what makes it so ridiculous. The same goes for kfc, the claim that it stops cancer is not only a logical absurdity.... but we all know bad fast food is. So there again it is funny, but not really based truth.

And as for your health book... you should get a new one. It is widely known that cannabis actually destroys cancerous cells. I don't know what you mean about this testicular cancer...
__________________
Being wrong isn't "bad", failing to admit that you are, is.
Reply With Quote
  #94    
Old December 23rd, 2012, 11:46 PM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
According to ignorant users on Serebii they think marijuana will kill you and makes you angry like your on PCP. Last time I checked marijuana helps mental illnesses and calms you down. If you get aggressive while high of off marijuana it was obviously laced or they have no clue what they're talking about. I'ts been proven to cure cancer, help with aids, adhd, glaucoma, anxiety, stress, depression, etc. Idk what they're talking about.

Saturated fats, which are hamburgers, bacon, hot dogs, etc can block your arteries, increase your blood pressure and then eventually lead to heart problems, and then heart attacks. It doesn't say it will, if you chronic eat it then it may, but if you eat it in moderation you'll be perfectly fine.

Caffeine can strip you of your vitamins and minerals, cause heart palpitations, anxiety, blurred vision, leading the heart palpitations to a possible heart attack and interferes with the absorption of calcium. That doesn't make it bad, but in moderation it's perfectly fine.

Alcohol can cause anxiety, slow breathing and heart rate, impaired judgement, loss of consciousness, suffocation through choking on your own vomit and potentially fatal alcohol poisoning. Alcohol dehydrates you, dries out your skin, and if you drink heavily you may develop rosacea, a skin disorder that starts with a tendency to blush and flush easily and can progress to facial disfigurment, a condition known as rhinophyma. Alcohol is also linked with liver disease. That doesn't make it bad, you just gotta drink in moderation, and drinking in moderation has been proven to help the heart.

The same goes for marijuana, moderate use is just fine, just like all the others I've mentioned. Just because it says those things doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Just because you eat a hamburger everyday doesn't mean your gonna die from a heart attack. Just because you drink a pot of coffee everyday doesn't mean your gonna have a heart attack, just because you drink a couple beers a day doesn't mean your gonna have liver failure, and a bowl or 2 of marijuana everyday will not cause any issues either because it's using it in moderation and not abusing it.
Reply With Quote
  #95    
Old December 24th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Rain Dancer's Avatar
Rain Dancer
Wanderer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
I think governments should not meddle with what people choose to put in their bodies.. Simple. Do we have no freedom to do as we wish as conscious beings?


I also think there's a conglomerate of corporate powers constantly pushing for weed illegality because of several reasons, including how hemp would destroy the current rigged money-generating playing field. This would mean an excellent renewable source of everything hemp is good for, low cost, and abundant.

Max Igan here puts it wonderfully.


Last edited by Rain Dancer; December 24th, 2012 at 05:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #96    
Old December 24th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Alpha King's Avatar
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA (MD)
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
Yes it should be legalized. I don't endorse it nor do I oppose using it, but there is no reason for it to be illegal while tobacco is still legal. Please gov, it may help the drug wars come to an end!! People's lives end over a little plant being exchanged. If it were more available, then maybe we wouldn't see violence over something so insignificant.

There are more things to be feared, for instance the fact that soda probably causes more damage than marijuana. People out there are dying of eating disorders ranging form anorexia to obesity. I think marijuana is not something that authorities should stress over.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #97    
Old December 24th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Weltschmerz View Post
And as for your health book... you should get a new one. It is widely known that cannabis actually destroys cancerous cells. I don't know what you mean about this testicular cancer...
To quote from the book:

"Recent research has found that frequent and/or long-term marijuana use may significantly increasea man's risk of developing testicular cancer. The researchers found that being a marijuana smoker at the time of diagnosis was associated with a 70 percent increased risk of testicular cancer. The risk was particularly elevated (about twice that of those who never smoked marijuana) for those who used marijuana at least weekly or who had long-term exposure to the substance beginning in adolescence. The results also suggested that the association with marijuana use might be limited to nonseminoma, an aggresive, fast-growing testicular malignancy that tendsto strike early,between 20 and 35, and accounts for about 40 percent of all testicular cancer cases" (Donatelle 218).
__________________
Credit goes to grundo80 from imgur for the gif
Reply With Quote
  #98    
Old December 24th, 2012, 01:50 PM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
I couldn't help to notice (not on PC) that people treat marijuana as PCP or crack cocaine. People are delusional and brainwashed by the govt. propaganda and some actually believe it causes people to go on killing sprees and stuff. The only reason it's illegal is because the govt. knows it's not a controlled substance and anybody can grow it and sell it, meaning no tax money for them. If marijuana was legalized it would put lots of cops out of business. The prisons are filled with people that were selling marijuana and as long as it's illegal the govt. will make money off of it. I don't believe it's gonna be legalized in every state anytime soon, but that wont stop me from smoking it.
Reply With Quote
  #99    
Old December 24th, 2012, 02:05 PM
CarcharOdin's Avatar
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Monterey, California, USA
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
I'ts been proven to cure cancer.
That's a rather bold claim. Where'd you read about that?
__________________
CarcharOdin gets high on life to forget about drugs.
Reply With Quote
  #100    
Old December 24th, 2012, 04:29 PM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Not exactly "cure" but it fights metastasis and retards the growth of tumors and the such. Unlike other chemo drugs, it is selective and destroys only cancerous cells as opposed to healthy ones.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/06/marijuana-fights-cancer-and-helps-manage-side-effects-researchers-find.html
__________________
Being wrong isn't "bad", failing to admit that you are, is.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.