The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Glazed 2 be a ROM Hack or RPG Maker Game?
ROM Hack 226 64.57%
RPG Maker Game 41 11.71%
Don't care, as long as it's great! 83 23.71%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 7th, 2012 (03:27 AM).
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
Just by judging off the images, it looks really pleasing! I'll be sure to play this hack when it is done!
Keep up the good work!
Old December 7th, 2012 (07:24 AM).
anugrah6
Togepi

i have tried both patches but none
Old December 7th, 2012 (07:37 AM). Edited December 7th, 2012 by 搞五搞六.
搞五搞六
战5渣

Finally,I patched it successfully.
I downloaded another emerald rom and finally it worked.

=========================================
Oh,no...
When I opened it again,it failed.
I am a little...

=========================================
Well,I knew the reason after some tests.
The VBA v1.80 didn't support it,use a VBA v1.72 will be fine.
Old December 7th, 2012 (07:55 AM).
anugrah6
Togepi

tired but got no way to make it work please help tried NUPS , tsukomiyo and beats
Found that UPS had more movement than BPS
please help what to do???
Old December 7th, 2012 (10:20 AM). Edited December 7th, 2012 by redriders180.
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
I don't think increasing difficulty is a good idea if your gonna include 3 regions. Just a suggestion :D
I plan on creating the game so that you have a choice when you get to the next region to "start over", i.e. get a new level 5 starter, and challenge a new league with all the levels reset. Of course, my levels are roughly following Light Platinum, and it pulled off two regions with aplomb, so I guess we'll see where that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
Hello there! First of all, I'd like to say good job on your hack. I liked that clock in the third screenshot but don't you think it takes a little too much time to do something that the player only sees about 3-4 times in their whole playthrough? The Storyline is good, I like the idea of Pokemon turning against people, that'd be fun and lastly, I can make you a userbar but what Pokemon should it include?
Eh, maybe you're right, but my spriter really wanted to do it, and in any case it at least looks a bit different As for the userbar, I'd be very grateful if you could do it. I just need it to include Mew, since it's the main legendary in my game. Thanks!

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 搞五搞六
Well,I knew the reason after some tests.
The VBA v1.80 didn't support it,use a VBA v1.72 will be fine.
I was wondering if it had to do with the emulator. I didn't even know there was a v1.80, to be honest, but maybe it doesn't support 32MB ROMs. I'll stick a warning near the downloads, and see if that helps. Thank you for telling me!

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old December 7th, 2012 (12:23 PM).
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
Hey man, do you need any help with your game?

The Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Supporter Userbars were made by me, if you would like one to support your favorite version, gym leaders, or Elite Four member, message me and I'd be glad to make one for you.
Old December 8th, 2012 (12:56 PM).
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Four Lucian View Post
Hey man, do you need any help with your game?
Yeah, sure If you wanna help, send me a PM with what you can do.

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Old December 8th, 2012 (10:46 PM). Edited December 8th, 2012 by anugrah6.
anugrah6
Togepi

after hours of trying i finally patched it
found that if you changed the setting of NUPS to notify if operation not succesful it worked!!
EDIT : Found that i cant see the sprite of rival(the trainer with cynadquil)
EDIT : Not able to save the game and after restart the problem which occured earlier returns
Old December 9th, 2012 (10:08 PM).
Jaypz
Cool Trainer

man I patched it with NUPS but in start of the game there's now way out.. the only people there is the hero and one guy that's all.. the trees below blocked the path ..

Hacks I support:

Old December 15th, 2012 (03:37 AM). Edited December 15th, 2012 by shreyanshvalentino.
shreyanshvalentino

Awesome hack man!!!
The visuals & story both are awesome...
I hope you would continue this hack
& btw any idea when can we have the next beta/full version..

edit:- how can i evolve my porygon???i hope it would be by levelling up...
Old December 17th, 2012 (08:04 AM).
shreyanshvalentino

hey is this hack still under development??
I hope the creator didn't abandoned this awesome hack..
Old December 19th, 2012 (12:08 AM).
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
I cannot leave the first map! I opened it in A-Map. It has 2 scripts, 1 warp and an NPC. I cannot leave it at all! I'm stuck and I cannot find my way out, plus the warp and the 2 scripts broken. Please help, thank you!
Old December 19th, 2012 (08:46 PM).
Jaypz
Cool Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNerdtendo64 View Post
I cannot leave the first map! I opened it in A-Map. It has 2 scripts, 1 warp and an NPC. I cannot leave it at all! I'm stuck and I cannot find my way out, plus the warp and the 2 scripts broken. Please help, thank you!
haha same with me bro
:O

Hacks I support:

Old December 20th, 2012 (05:30 AM).
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyanshvalentino View Post
Awesome hack man!!!
The visuals & story both are awesome...
I hope you would continue this hack
& btw any idea when can we have the next beta/full version..

edit:- how can i evolve my porygon???i hope it would be by levelling up...
Yes, I'll be modifying it so that everything evolves by some form other than trading, as well as trading to open up some possibilities for Dream World trades (Like the Ninetales for Politoed in Oceanview City).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyanshvalentino View Post
hey is this hack still under development??
I hope the creator didn't abandoned this awesome hack..
No worries, I've been working diligently on this hack! I'm releasing public betas every three gyms, and I'm just about finished with Gym number four and five. I'm going to put up a patch after I do this post which will hopefully help with the problems people are having. Thanks for all your support, guys!

Old December 29th, 2012 (12:54 PM). Edited December 29th, 2012 by XERIQ8jesta_laghoul.
XERIQ8jesta_laghoul
Unhatched Egg

I just downloaded your game yesterday and it took me a while but i like the choice of starters and the storyline is very interesting as well.

and it's very cool you added the dream world and 5th gen pokemon not many hackers do this.

really great keep it up.

Can't wait for the game's future progress hopefully someday it'll be play able on the phone gbadroid.
( tried but it gave limited walking space and boy that you'd first talk to is only talking of the wind instead of stopping the player.)
Old December 29th, 2012 (10:12 PM).
chrunch

Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
This looks like a really nice hack, I'll give it a go as soon as I can. :) One thing I noticed though, is that the hero's overworld sprite looks a bit off, because his hair has no outline while the rest of his body has one. Good work though, I look forward to seeing more progress, And the tiles look really good. :D
Old December 29th, 2012 (10:24 PM).
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
This hack looks like you put a lot of time and effort into it! I like the story and the tiles. But I have a question... Just a bit curious. Why did you decide to call your hack Pokemon Glazed? Keep up the great work!
Old December 30th, 2012 (01:12 PM).
Luna3415

This hack looks really amazing, looking forward to see more of this game!

I found however some bugs: the rival sprite does not appear all the time (and with all the time I mean this: The first time that I started the game, I saw the rival and his pokemon, but because of the other bug (the black screen at the inventor's house) I had to reset the emulator and start a new game. Second time I played this game, the sprite of the rival wouldn't appear (Pretty strange!)

Second bug that I encountered: when you enter the inventor's house you get a black screen in which you can't move.
(Does anyone else have this bug?)

Other minor glitch: In the first pokemoncentre, when you go up the stairs, sprite of your own character becomes strange, and your normal sprite only returns when you exit the pokemon centre. I don't think that I can post images yet, so I can't show you it at the moment.
Old January 24th, 2013 (03:42 AM).
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
This hack seems quite interesting to play... i like the story line of the hack... and the graphics... im looking forward to seeing this hack completed

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 29th, 2013 (08:17 AM).
redriders180

Hey, sorry for the long silence, I got kind of distracted playing White 2 :< (On a sidenote, I completed the Unova Dex ). But I'm working on Glazed full-force now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
This looks like a really nice hack, I'll give it a go as soon as I can. One thing I noticed though, is that the hero's overworld sprite looks a bit off, because his hair has no outline while the rest of his body has one. Good work though, I look forward to seeing more progress, And the tiles look really good. :D
The sprites were made by a friend, and recently I decided to put in different sprite for the male and female that were a little more me. Expect to see them soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
This hack looks like you put a lot of time and effort into it! I like the story and the tiles. But I have a question... Just a bit curious. Why did you decide to call your hack Pokemon Glazed? Keep up the great work!
It's kind of a long story xD. Basically, when I was first hacking, my planned region was going to be a big circle with the league in the middle. Since the region was doughnut-shaped, I named the hack after a doughnut. That was years ago, but the name stuck since I never could think of a better name. The regions name, Tunod, reflects this, because Tunod is Donut backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna3415 View Post
This hack looks really amazing, looking forward to see more of this game!

I found however some bugs: the rival sprite does not appear all the time (and with all the time I mean this: The first time that I started the game, I saw the rival and his pokemon, but because of the other bug (the black screen at the inventor's house) I had to reset the emulator and start a new game. Second time I played this game, the sprite of the rival wouldn't appear (Pretty strange!)

Second bug that I encountered: when you enter the inventor's house you get a black screen in which you can't move.
(Does anyone else have this bug?)

Other minor glitch: In the first pokemoncentre, when you go up the stairs, sprite of your own character becomes strange, and your normal sprite only returns when you exit the pokemon centre. I don't think that I can post images yet, so I can't show you it at the moment.
I hadn't noticed it till now, and hadn't seen it any beta tests until just now. I suspect it's something to do with the map being an added map, instead of a modified map. I'm working on moving everything over, but I'm so close to releasing the next beta that a fix won't be released until then. I'm sorry D:

As always, thank you to everyone for your kind words!

Old February 7th, 2013 (07:22 AM).
redriders180

Alright guys, I just posted Beta 2 :D This goes up to gym six, so have fun!

Old February 7th, 2013 (08:01 AM).
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Great news. Keep up with the good work. You have some interesting ideas. At least not 0815.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old February 7th, 2013 (03:58 PM).
mikethepokemaster

Nature: Jolly
the game freezes when try to talk to mudkip can you fix this.
Old February 7th, 2013 (05:33 PM).
redriders180

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethepokemaster View Post
the game freezes when try to talk to mudkip can you fix this.
Just posted a fix! Hope that helps

Old February 7th, 2013 (06:04 PM).
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Relaxed
Looks great, I love the flash light idea. The starters are cool, but one thing bugs me, you said capture all 5 starters? Will this be later in the game or early? I don't mind so much if it's late in the game, but if it's too early would be kind of lame. And it would be cool if they were obtained like how Moltres, Mewtwo, etc are obtained in firered, like with an overworld sprite, I think that's what it's called. You might of already done this, I don't know, I haven't played it.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links