The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Which of these trainers will become champion of the Unova league?
Ash/Satoshi 11 23.91%
Trip/Shooty 2 4.35%
Bianca/Bel 1 2.17%
Stephan/Kenyan 0 0%
Kotetsu 2 4.35%
Virgil 6 13.04%
Iris (she isn't even entering!) 0 0%
Somebody Else We've Seen Before (like Montgomery/Masaomi) 0 0%
Some New Rising Rival Who'll Return in the Future 2 4.35%
Some Random Dude/Chick We'll Never Hear from Again 9 19.57%
Our Player Character! (Hilbert/Hilda/Nate/Rosa) 2 4.35%
Cheren (so that's what he's been doing this entire time...) 1 2.17%
Nobody- Team Plasma is going to step in and cancel the league, creating a new arc to keep Ash in Unova a little while longer. 6 13.04%
N (because he's N) 3 6.52%
Tobias/Action Replay Abuser 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Advertise here
I think Ash will lose to someone else. We know he beats Kotetsu and Kotetsu's Riolu doesn't evolve in the battle. So that means in the same episode Ash faces off against someone else and loses to them.
Old December 7th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
There hasn't been any more episode names to come out which is a bit surprising. We have about 6 weeks between the time of today and when the Plasma Arc starts. I'd assume that they will have a 2 week or so break. Giving us four weeks. and only two of the four week episodes have been revealed. The last match between who ever beats Ash, will probably be a two part episode.

Also I am looking at the teams again between their match. It doesn't look like Ash is using Krookodile in the episode, so Hydreigon is a major threat. I am a bit surprised sense that is really only the powerhouse he has. Also looking at the last picture of panel, Pikachu defeats Swanna in the last battle with pikachu. So it looks like Kotetsu lost and he is acting stupid.

Last edited by Iceman3317; December 7th, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

I'm not keeping my hopes up for Ash to win. While it would be nice if he won the league, I don't see it happening.
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Same here. I am still pretty sure he will get beat by Team Eevee. He may have to face Dino before Virgil however.
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
An upcoming ep is called Isshu League Conclusion Lucario vs Pikachu. Maybe Virgil was called away on a ranger mission. (Bridge to Episode N maybe?) That would be interesting
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyKetchum View Post
An upcoming ep is called Isshu League Conclusion Lucario vs Pikachu. Maybe Virgil was called away on a ranger mission. (Bridge to Episode N maybe?) That would be interesting
Ah thanks. I didn't see serebii post anything about it. Hmm, that seems a bit odd to me.

Just seen it. Man I really do not like the sound of that episode. I really hate the idea that Kortesu beats Ash. And no, there will be no bridge episode between Unova League and N Arc, because the next week after Lucario vs Pikachu is when the N Arc starts. Man I hate that. So I guess Ash will be the top 8.

Last edited by Iceman3317; December 7th, 2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Well... here's the summary of the episode apparently...

Spoiler:
"The Unova League fiercely continues into the fourth round. Ash and Kotetsu's battle continues to become even more extreme. Kotetsu's partner Riolu then evolves into the Wave Pokemon Lucario. With all of its moves powered up plus learning a new move, Ash and Snivy are both cornered..."

Nope not liking this. Hydreigon must have knocked out several of his Pokemon or Ash's Pokemon was simply knocked around in general before Riolu because Pikachu takes down two of his Pokemon as we have seen. Not sure why it says 'Ash and Snivy' when the title is Lucario vs. Pikachu either. :|b

Idk. This almost seems like they just want to get this league over with and move on to the plasma saga now.
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

This has been by far the worst league other than Kanto. They rushed the league way to fast. Johto League is still the best by far. I kinda feel sorry for Trip now.
Old December 7th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
Ah thanks. I didn't see serebii post anything about it. Hmm, that seems a bit odd to me.

Just seen it. Man I really do not like the sound of that episode. I really hate the idea that Kortesu beats Ash. And no, there will be no bridge episode between Unova League and N Arc, because the next week after Lucario vs Pikachu is when the N Arc starts. Man I hate that. So I guess Ash will be the top 8.
Isn't there a break at times between bridge eps? like Ash going to Hoenn and Sinnoh? Thats what I meant by bridge. A conflic connecting to the next series or arc. Like how Pikachu was drained of it's power in the final ep of OS and how that was a "bridge" into AG
Old December 8th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Not sure. But yeah I think.

I have to say though that I was really hoping Ash would it least get to the Top 4 if he is beat by Kortesu which we can assume he is. I have been impressed with the way he had battled this saga. But I think not useing Krookodile in the Kortesu match beat him. If he had used it instead of Boldore. I think he would have won.
Old December 8th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Watching the first episode of the tournament. There were 128 pictures shown on the prompt. Ash beats Trip in the first Round so Trip doesn't even get top 100.

Ash beats Stephan in second Round and Kotetsu beats Bianca in the Second round. Bianca and Stephan get in the top 65 as second round as 64 people.

32 people are in the battle with Kotetsu vs Ash. So Ash vs Virgil is top 16. If Ash loses he makes top 16. If he wins he goes onto Top 8. All of his rivals are battled before Ash gets to top 8. So even after Virgil's battle, there are 2 battles after that if they are shown. We know they'll get to Kotetsu's battle without interruption. I can only imagine the entire tournament continues like that.

Though we have placements pretty much.
Quoting my old post cause there is an update/edit to make.

Ash fights someone before Stephan, so Trip still doesn't really make it into the Top 100, but Ash and Stephan are both in the top 32 when their battle takes place (from what I've seen). I haven't seen a gap between Kotetsu and Stephan's battles with Ash yet so Kotetsu is in the top 16 and will continue to top 8 with Virgil. Considering there is one episode left to be unveiled before the N Arc as the Anime is taking a 2 week break which are the episodes we'd need to fill in the complete Unova league, it may end with Virgil vs Ash. Since that is the last episode, going off what has happened in the past, Ash will lose to Virgil and they'll do a synopsis finish since every battle after that is no longer important to the story since they don't include Ash.

So looks like Top 8 or so for Ash. Unless there are two skipped battles before Virgil's battle and Ash faces Virgil in the finals.
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Quoting my old post cause there is an update/edit to make.

Ash fights someone before Stephan, so Trip still doesn't really make it into the Top 100, but Ash and Stephan are both in the top 32 when their battle takes place (from what I've seen). I haven't seen a gap between Kotetsu and Stephan's battles with Ash yet so Kotetsu is in the top 16 and will continue to top 8 with Virgil. Considering there is one episode left to be unveiled before the N Arc as the Anime is taking a 2 week break which are the episodes we'd need to fill in the complete Unova league, it may end with Virgil vs Ash. Since that is the last episode, going off what has happened in the past, Ash will lose to Virgil and they'll do a synopsis finish since every battle after that is no longer important to the story since they don't include Ash.

So looks like Top 8 or so for Ash. Unless there are two skipped battles before Virgil's battle and Ash faces Virgil in the finals.
But as the new episodes reads Episode 769: Unova League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!! It sounds like Ash will lose before he gets to Virgil.

Unless that the battle between them ends early in that episode and he faces Virgil and gets beat in the same show.
Old December 9th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Well, unless Ash and Co. find themselves at some other battlefield between the Unova League and the N Episode either Plasma crashes the battle or they just skip right to after the Unova League and their hanging out on the battlefield. So... either way there are three (?) possibilities, maybe more?

1. Ash does lose against Kotetsu.
2. Wins against Kotetsu and loses against Virgil in next round.
3. Wins or loses against Kotetsu and Plasma (or team rocket???) crashes the party either way.

idk anymore. v_v; I'm not good at this predicting stuff lmao. But Kotetsu or anyone else seems to be nowhere to be found in the N episode preview (that I won't post here because this is Unova League thread) who knows. :/ But even though it's inevitable that Ash loses at someone I'm still going to be a bit disappointed if it ends up being Kotetsu.
Old December 20th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I am really going to be maif he loses. Kortesu didn't even know he was suppose to have 6 pokemon apperently.... I much rather he lose to Virgil in the next episode... It is Lucario vs Snivy and Pikachu I think.

Snivy will probably be beat by Lucario, but Pikachu has hardly battled ending both of the battles it was in in 2 or 3 attacks.
Old January 1st, 2013, 01:37 PM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
I hope Ash doesn't lose, because he would be going backwards. Top 4 in Sinnoh. It does sound like he might be losing soon though.
Old January 1st, 2013, 01:45 PM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
Kotesu maybye his riolu will evolve for victory

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Khrysta

Ash lost to Kotetsu.

Kotetsu lost to Virgil.

Virgil beats one other guy in the Finals.

Guy Virgil beat, beat someone else right before.

So Ash made it to the top 8 again this season. Which is lower than the place he made in Sinnoh. (Ash would have been number 5 as it was Virgil vs Kotetsu in the Semi Finals.

No Eevee Evolution shown. =C
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Really makes me roll my eyes when the idiot that hardly knew anything beat Ash. At least Virgil won. Which is still a very nice hint for upcoming eeveelutions.
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Piks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
This has been by far the worst league other than Kanto. They rushed the league way to fast. Johto League is still the best by far. I kinda feel sorry for Trip now.
The Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Unova Leagues are far more better then the Sinnoh League that's for sure. I do think Trip did perfectly fine.
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Kotetsu-kun
Unova League Rival

Nature: Quirky
I lost to the Eevee guy.... Man... At least I'm at the Top 4.

Ash+Cameron BFFs!
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:08 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

Nature: Calm
Yea I'm seeing pika beating lucario then losing to eevee trainer at the end of the episode this league was a complete fail for the anime though there only rushing the show now in order to be done by the x and y release
Old January 15th, 2013, 01:09 PM
masterquestmq
Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Ash will never win unless people want his adventures to stop.... yet another learning experience for his X & Y adventures

My pick someone who doesn't seem like a contender at all... Always let the underdog win right? or this case undercat fox whatever they are categorized as... Virgil's my pick...

Plus im a big supporter of Kanto... Majority of his team are Kanto based
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Khrysta

Guys...I already posted that Virgil won.

Kotetsu beat Ash.

Virgil beat Kotetsu.

Virgil wins against some unnamed NPC.

XD
Old January 15th, 2013, 09:55 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

Nature: Calm
They need to let ash win atleast one tournament this gen he didn't win not one
Old January 19th, 2013, 01:21 AM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey