The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 12th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Autistic Lucario
Life is too short not to enjoy

Nature: Quirky
We all have a purpose IMO. Some of us just haven't learned what it is.

A Lucario named Zeke ventures into a forest one night and enters a portal,
then he enters a world where stealth, skill, and his neurological disorder will determine his fate.
This is not trainer vs trainer or pokemon vs pokemon, this is something greater. This is survival.

Credit goes to me
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:44 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
For some people, yes, I do think it does.
Some just live life and they themselves may not do anything amazing. But perhaps their descendents will.

I have reason to believe that I was born for a reason, though. Due to a medical problem, my mother never should have been pregnant with me. Even at that, she almost had a stroke which would have killed us both. I was born 2 1/2 months early and nearly died.

My family believes that something that occurred the night I was born is the reason why I'm alive (which recently brought me to the conclusion that I currently have no reason to live anymore).
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Shadow_Angel
Quit telling me to be happy.

Nature: Serious
Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Angel
''You only live once, so make it a happy one.''- my favorite Youtuber, Danisnotonfire.

Basically is what I think the purpose of your life is. You only live once. So you should live your life to the full extent and be free. Make your life a happy one!

Unless you're like me and waste your entire free time on the internet.

Tumblr|Twitter|Fanfiction account
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

If you think about it in a scientific way, we were all created on accident.

Mere coincidence that we even exist.

Think about it. When there were only tiny organisms on earth. What if a huge meteor hit the earth then? All the tiny, precious, little germs would go away and evolution would never occur.
One thing can influence our future in huge proportions.

I don't think life really serves a purpose. I think we should enjoy it and live it out, but I mean, we're one in a hundred million. I don't think that much of this is important in the big world.
Old December 7th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Tachibana Azumi
★七色に光る女★

Can I just give the really cheesy response a Christian would give you and say that our purpose in life is to spread God's word and bring people to believe in God? :9

To make it clear, I sure don't feel like my life is ever going to head that way - spreading the gospel, leading people into His way and all that (because I respect others' views on religion, whether they're a Buddhist or an atheist, and will never make people believe in Him) - but it at least is what I believe to be my purpose of life, and others too.

I believe that we exist to unite everyone under God, basically.

Note: I'm really sorry for bringing a religious opinion into this thread and accidentally cause potential flame wars. I just really want to get this off my chest :(
Old December 7th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
We live to live, that's it. There is no purpose. People create purposes for their lives obviously but there is not a set one, we are not the chosen species lmao, we are just pretty much like insects who live for the sake of reproducing for the sake of living.
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Nature: Relaxed
I firmly believe that we have a purpose for living. Fate, destiny, all the like are things that have my full support. In fact, I've been doing some theorizing about the subject for the past few months. I'm not going to go through it all and make a tl;dr, but if you're interested in my thoughts you can do research about the HPM and self actualization. Though different from my own thoughts, they sparked the fascination and do play roles in my theory.
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Mononoke Hime
viva emptiness

Nature: Sassy
There's no predictated purpose in our lifes, nor in any life or thing. Not even in the universe.
As for the latter afirmation, it can be better explained in this vid:
Spoiler:

And of course sometimes we humans are able to decide which purpose we want to live for. As we know about the interaction between us and the rest of the world, we trace some purpose for our lifes.

But putting aside our family and parents desire, do we have a bigger purpose for our lifes? My answer to this question is no.
We can't say that something has predicted our entire life and "made" it to follow some kind of rule.

Also, people who answer "yes" to this question are most likely to believe in a higher entity, such as some god. Is good to say, in that case, that many times the purpose that their gods supposedly put on their lifes is the purpose that they want themselves to follow.
Surely they woudn't live a life in which the supposed purpose is to be eaten or enslaved.
Old December 12th, 2012, 07:01 AM
chakalaka25
Unhatched Egg

I think so
I think that the world is a kind of prophecy that supposed to happen
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links