The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old December 7th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Dragonflye

Advertise here

Introduction
After a long time of waiting the presentation is finally published. SotS had to be restarted three times due to bugs that weren’t fixable, but we SotSer will not surrender. We wish you lots of fun

Information
General pieces of information regarding the hack, when it was planned, which RomBase was used etc.

Started: April, the 10th
RomBase: Pokémon Emerald (German)
Current progress: ~ 70 %

Releases:

Alpha: Released
Beta: Released
Beta 2: Released

Head:
Dragonflye, KB3,

Co Leader:
Sturmvogel (S-Bird)

Participants:
Ipitax, prime-dialg

Story
The story of Sovereign of the Skies

Since then Pokémon have been used to fight. For some people Pokémon are pets, some are even workmates. In the course of time many people have become friends with Pokémon. But some use Pokémon for evil purposes.
Your adventure starts in Hesperia, which is well known for being one of the calmest cities worldwide. It is also the only city in whole Amitec that provides a laboratory. Your father, who owns this laboratory and does particular research, gives you your first Pokémon. As a professor he enjoys worldwide appreciation. After you got your Pokémon after a little incident in the laboratory you start your journey to Riesenburg City to get some samples for your parents. You was told by them that a meteorite has crashed in Riesenburg City. Immediately you hit the road to get these said samples, which were extracted as the meteorite crashed.
After all you realize that this isn’t a meteorite because there seems to be something inside that radiates such a negative aura that even the professor is afraid. It’s “Deoxys”, a cold and really cruel Pokémon. Then you hit the road to reach your actual aim, to collect all 8 badges in Amitec. But these aims have to be hang up because you meet 2 eerie people, who talk about change of the world and the people. You realize quickly that something seems to be wrong.
After several encounters you get to know that this team is called “Team Tundra”. They suffer a sad destiny because their village “Gletcheria” is threatened with extinction and their only hope are 2 creatures of light: “Latias” and “Latios”, the 2 sovereigns of the skies. For years they have kept the world in balance, but due to their disappearance the world is closer and closer to extinction. Therefore there is only one thing to do: To find Latias and Latios and ask them to help you. But this isn’t that easy, Team Tundra always intervenes. It is said that you have to find the 2 elementary stones to awake the 2 frozen Pokémon, Latias and Latios. These Pokémon should be able to end this cruel ice age with their power. But the world could collapse as soon as these elementary stones are moved from their original place: It would be sucked into a black hole. You attempt to persuade Team Tundra to stop, but the team doesn’t care and brutal fights and urgency develop.
During your epic adventure you watch Latias and Latios fight Deoxys in Gletcheria. This leads to Team Tundra becoming more and more aggressive, resulting into them destroying other cities. They want to tell the world what they had to go through and want to do the same to the population because they were forgotten during their time of death. You have to prevent this and persuade Team Tundra to choose the better way because they don’t seem to know what they actually do and need a loving soul that helps them. But when it’s too late nobody could guess what will happen to the world, therefore act quickly!
However, during your journey you will meet other trainers, get to know new friends, help people and experience many adventures and learn more and more for your life. But this journey is going to be much more difficult than you think

Features
What makes our hack better than yours
  • Completely new graphics: Maps, tiles, title screen, fighting screen and so on…
  • All Pokémon and legendaries catchable: Easy to complete the Pokédex
  • Day / Night-system: 6 different daytimes
  • Team matches: You also fight with partner
  • New Battle backgrounds; Backgrounds for every occasion
  • New music: Completely new
  • Ruins: The Ruins in SotS are better than original Pokemon.
  • Many different minigames: Many side quests that make the game more interesting
  • Safari-Zone: The safari-tour will be better than ever
  • More attacks useable outside: More attacks than “Cut” will be used outside
  • Season-system: spring, summer, autumn and winter will be involved
  • You ride a Pokémon: A bicycle? Forget it!
  • Travelling to space: Yes, SotS becomes extraterrestrial
  • Catastrophes: Meteorite crashes, ice ages, flooding And so on and on and on…
  • and, and, and...
The Red Features are not yet in Beta1 or Beta2 because we haven't enough time.

Media:

Screenshots:

Videos:

Beta 2:

ASM Hack:

New music:

Team Matches:

I would appreciate it if you leave a comment on YouTube
If you are a fan of this hack, please use our fan bars, but you also can create your own Fans Bars, if you want.

Fan bars

Code:
http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/77qp3fet/SotSbanner2.png

Code:
http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/i7zwleuu/SotSbanner.png

Code:
http://www.abload.de/img/latiasiuil.png

Credits:

At this point I want to thank many people:
Game-Freak: Emerald-ROM
Camelot: For some Golden Sun elements
Pain: Because of you our hack is called “Sovereign of the Skies”
Prime-dialga: Because of your help and the DNS-System
Lu-Ho: Because of your ASM
iBlade: Because of your help, especially the hero and the fan bars!
ghoX1350: Because of the best beta-testing of all times!
MrQriz: Name of Team Tundra
Alucus, Tiles
Dew, Tiles
TheDeadHeroAlistair, Tiles
diegoisawesome, Rockfall
Wesley, Tiles
Kyldove, Tiles
ligtherzein, Tiles
Wah, Tiles
Red-eX, Tiles
Saurav, Tiles
Scraex, Tiles
CNC, Tiles
Wingeek, Tiles
Synyster_Zeikku, Tiles
Zunex, Tiles
DeviantART, Tiles, Sprites
Sprite Rescoures, Sprites
NPC, Sprites
coronay, Sprites

I hope I haven’t forgotten anybody, if that’s the case, contact me.

Closing word:

We hope that you like this presentation and we want you to give as much feedback as possible.
We will complete this hack, careless of whatever happens, this is a promise that we will hopefully keep.
Kind regards, Dragonflye and KB3

Last edited by Dragonflye; April 11th, 2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old December 7th, 2012, 04:27 PM
retra401por
Unhatched Egg

Looks Great! Hope there's gonna be a English version for this
Old December 7th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Winter Wonderland
Puts the fun in dysfunctional

This actually looks pretty amazing and the story is quite interesting. I'm actually really curious as to how space would look like and the events up there once it's implemented. I really hope there's an English version. I'm kind of mad I don't know German. xD Best of luck!

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | Project Leola

Old December 7th, 2012, 04:39 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Wow, this hack is awesome!

I like what you have done with the sprites and the Battle Backgrounds they are awesome.

I wish there was an english version of this! :3
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Jaypz
Cool Trainer

Nature: Brave
woaw man ! :O
just superb cool dude ! B]
if only there's someone out here who can translate or change this one in english
now that would be EPIC! :D

Hacks I support:

Old December 7th, 2012, 05:26 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
now this looks really good, especially mixing in some Golden Sun scenes for some of the screenshots. I'll play it even if I don't know the language :D

I also like Pokemon Glazed, Pokemon FireRed Throwback Edition, Pokemon Twisted Mind, Pokemon Fae, Pokemon Expert Emerald, Pokemon Crystaldust, Pokemon Steam (Shining Waters/Hazing Flames. Side note: they are in need of scripters) and many more I forgot to mention.

United by blood and fate.

This isn't said that much (probably, I don't know), but I would like to give every ROM Hacker my sincerest thanks, as they all work so hard to build the games that we play. Since they work so hard, I think that we players should respect what they do by giving them support as well as being patient while they work. If you want to see a taste of what they do, I suggest you head over to the R&D section of ROM Hacking. Again, I would like to give every ROM hacker my thanks, and I hope that everything goes well, from flags to tables to offsets to patches.
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:42 PM
搞五搞六
战5渣

The screenshots are good.
But it's a little difficult for mr because it's not in English.
Waiting for the Engilsh version.

Old December 7th, 2012, 06:14 PM
atie

Nature: Quiet
Funny how everyone posts for a english version.

English version Pl0X

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old December 7th, 2012, 06:27 PM
dragonXXtamer

i cant wait for this hack
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:11 PM
SoraTheTruth

Nature: Naive
sweet jesus you have to do an english translation o__o
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I highly suggest making it English instead of German. After all, English IS the universal language.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 7th, 2012, 07:58 PM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Wow this hac k looks amazin.... i really wish there was an english version.... i love the battle backgrounds

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 7th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Unhatched Egg

i like it!The last time I played the Alpha version,it very good。
Old December 8th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Dragonflye

Thank You! I have updated the Videos in de Presentation.

Yes I want to translate this Hack but my englisch is very bad and I cant never translate it alone. So I am looking for an People who translate this Hack it is voluntary please contact me.

Dragonflye

Old December 8th, 2012, 03:34 AM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
i think i saw a golden sun reference in one of the screenies (the giant easter island face statue)...

an english translation would be nice, but gotta find someone who can do it proper and not some google tranlsate crap.

Old December 8th, 2012, 03:45 AM
SBird

I was thinking about doing an english translation, but i think i'm not the man to do some sort of free translation...
Also what we had to to would be a translation of the graphical stuff, because we can't just change the rombase, as you can read we already are near to beta 2 which goes up to the 7th badge and is at about 70% of the whole project. If we would do an english rombase we had to translate that for our german community members hehe.

Anyway i'm very statified you like the thing, also I want to specially thank an guy of the forums here, it's "diegoisawesome", he helped me a lot with the rockfall thingy, he gave me his code for this and I also extended it to make simple script execution possible, in my opinion: AWESOME, thank you very much for this

And for the end: Special thanks to Alen, who is a german romhacker and moderator at RHR, he translated our posting to plain english, special thanks for that to him, he is a great guy also on the german forums

~SBird
Old December 8th, 2012, 05:42 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
This hack is very innovative! Events that start as soon as you enter the map instead having to take a step, no truck intro, the moves that you can use outside of battle. Everything about this hack, especially the water graphics, is beautiful! Totally worth the pain of Google Translating every line.

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 17
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old December 8th, 2012, 07:06 AM
anugrah6
Togepi

wow very nice storyline i hope you give english version of this i am surely going to try it
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Correspondence

Wow.Just wow.I might just try it even if i don't understand a single word.
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Zarus
Unhatched Egg

OMG, Golden sun references, big statue, I gotta play this hack when the english version has come out :D
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:03 AM
POKEDUDES
God of Conquest

Wow it's looks a good hack i hope there will be a english version of this in the future
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:18 AM
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Endlich ein deutscher Hack. Sieht sehr schön aus, gute Arbeit!
Finally a German Hack. Looks pretty nice. Will start playing this.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdrule View Post
i think i saw a golden sun reference in one of the screenies (the giant easter island face statue)...

an english translation would be nice, but gotta find someone who can do it proper and not some google tranlsate crap.
To be fair, Google Translate is only a guide; it takes someone good with English to properly rewrite from there in a manner that makes sense. I've tried Google Translating Russian text before and had to fill in gaps.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 8th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Dragonflye

Die 1. Beta geht bis zur 4 Arena, also die jetzige. Die 2. Beta wird bis zum 7. Arenaleiter und ein Stückchen mehr gehen. Wir werden versuchen unnötige Pokemon zu löschen und stattdessen andere einzufügen, also abwarten.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 1st Beta goes up to 4 Badges, so it has now. The 2nd Beta 7 to Badges and go a bit more. We will try to delete unnecessary Pokemon and instead insert other, so wait.

Old December 8th, 2012, 10:11 AM
SBird

We were indeed considering the implementation of newer Pokémon, actually there are already evolutions that are from the 4th gen(Magnezone...)
In der Tat haben wir uns Überlegt neue Pokémon einzubauen, wir haben bereits welche der vierten Generation, vorrangig Evolutionen wie Magnezone.

In the first Beta you can obtain the first 4 badges, which would be "Ozeria City", also there are a lot of sidequests missing that are included in the 2nd Beta
In der ersten Beta kann man die ersten vier Orden bekommen, der letzte in "Ozeria City", außerdem fehlen ein paar Nebenquests.

I tried to answer this for the english guys aswell, also it would be nice if someone here who is able to speak german and english might help us with the translation, because we surely want to have this hack not only in german but also in english, otherwise we would not have posted it here

~SBird/Sturmvogel
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here