The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
I'm not sure how I haven't heard of this, but based on those screenshots, this looks to be one of the greatest Pokémon ROM hacks I have ever seen. The battle backgrounds, the overworld sprites, you name it! It truly looks phenomenal and I'd like to wish you the best of luck with it, because I am dying to play a full version more-so than with any other hack.
Old April 29th, 2012, 08:12 AM
0shawott
Togepi

I can't seem to save the game using the native save option. I get an error saying 'Please exchange the backup memory'. I am aware that this can be fixed on VBA but I cannot change the save type since I am using gpSPhone (a GBA emulator for the iPhone). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I have tried repatching the ROM, and using a different ROM but to no avail.

EDIT: I deleted my save, the ROM and my save state and started again with a repatched ROM but it still has the error when saving. It says it needs to overwrite another file but there aren't any other save files in the folder.

EDIT2: I tried patching the patched ROM with the SRAM patcher in GBATA, and the saves are still 64k, but the game gets stuck on 'Saving... DON't Turn Off THE POWER'. I really have no idea what's going wrong here, and I'd really appreciate if someone could help! All my other games are working fine (Crystal Dust, Expert Emerald, Light Platinum etc.) and have 128k save files.

Last edited by 0shawott; April 29th, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old May 20th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Shaly
#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaly Send a message via Skype™ to Shaly
Anxiously waiting for an update so i can continue playing :D Cuz prof oak is messing with me in the game :p He goes into the house and plays hide and seek... And he's pretty damn good at it cuz i can't seem to find him :p...
Old July 18th, 2012, 02:43 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
nice hack. are you still workking on it ?
Old July 18th, 2012, 06:48 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Yep, this hack is still being worked on, but I've been taking a break due to university, experimenting with other projects and just being busy in general.

I'll reopen this thread once I have more progress to show :3
Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:32 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
So after what seems to be an eternity, I'm back and working on Lilac at a decent pace. My extremely sporadic update schedule shall continue from this post out for a minuscule decent length of time :D

Anyway, to kick this thread back off, have screenshot of a very important place in Lilac's story... The warehouses of Harmond City docks.

So what if I'm a miser? Sue me.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Welcome back. This will personally be my first glimpse at this project.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 4th, 2012, 07:08 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
yay, Lilac is back! I can't wait to continue

I also like Pokemon Glazed, Pokemon FireRed Throwback Edition, Pokemon Twisted Mind, Pokemon: The Fae Stones, Pokemon Expert Emerald, Pokemon Sigma Emerald, Pokemon Crystaldust, Pokemon Steam (Shining Waters/Hazing Flames. Side note: they are in need of scripters) and many more I forgot to mention.
United by blood and fate.

This isn't said that much (probably, I don't know), but I would like to give every ROM Hacker my sincerest thanks, as they all work so hard to build the games that we play. Since they work so hard, I think that we players should respect what they do by giving them support as well as being patient while they work. If you want to see a taste of what they do, I suggest you head over to the R&D section of ROM Hacking. Again, I would like to give every ROM hacker my thanks, and I hope that everything goes well, from flags to tables to offsets to patches.
Old December 8th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Heracles4

Looks awesome. How far into the game are you currently?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old December 18th, 2012, 04:23 PM
UtopiaRay
Pokemon Champion

Omg! I love the graphics they are really amazing! and a beautiful name that suits this hack!
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Shaly
#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaly Send a message via Skype™ to Shaly
Allright!! Can't wait to play it!
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Kotetsu-kun
Unova League Rival

Nature: Quirky
I like it... I'll try to conplete it.

Ash+Cameron BFFs!
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Giant Magikarp
I like Iris...

Nature: Adamant
Are you still working on this? I really like this hack but it's not getting any updates...
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:00 AM
Eren Jaeger
Pianoist

Nature: Serious
Trying the beta! the tiles looks so nintendo ds graphics.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:27 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Hmm. This is a moderator's hack. I know that doesn't suggest quality necessarily, but I'll have to add this to my list, perhaps. I might have avoided it before due to my distaste of "Fakémon", which 4th and 5th gen. are in most of these hacks.

But yeah, are you still working on this? Obviously whether the thread stays open or closed might be an answer.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:41 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Hmm. This is a moderator's hack. I know that doesn't suggest quality necessarily, but I'll have to add this to my list, perhaps. I might have avoided it before due to my distaste of "Fakémon", which 4th and 5th gen. are in most of these hacks.

But yeah, are you still working on this? Obviously whether the thread stays open or closed might be an answer.

Cyclone
I had played this sometime before (been months really), and didn't got extremely excited about it. However, I think Lilac exceeds the quality of many other hacks around and deserves way more credit than it does.

Ignoring this one and rather playing some other bad edit which includes the original pokemon in it would be just silly.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:48 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
Ignoring this one and rather playing some other bad edit which includes the original pokemon in it would be just silly.
Did you just imply that playing a hack with the same 386 Pokémon in it would be "silly"?

Cyclone

Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Going off topic here but,

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Did you just imply that playing a hack with the same 386 Pokémon in it would be "silly"?

Cyclone
No. What I meant is that fakemon don't make the hack bad.
It shouldn't be turning people off trying this hack out since it has fakemon in it.

And apparently, I was remembering this one had fakemon in it while it is Sienna which does...

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations

Last edited by miksy91; April 22nd, 2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Giant Magikarp, this thread hadn't been posted in since December of 2012, which means your post technically revived this. Please be sure to check the rules of any forum you're in to see if a revival rule applies!

DrFuji, if you have an update to post just contact either DrFuji or myself to have it reopened. In the meantime, this thread will be closed.

I'm obviously kidding. If you want to reopen it, reopen it brah.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here