Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 30th, 2012, 11:29 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialga255 View Post
Hahaha i finished beta 1 for thr third time.
I play with all three starters and i even found perfect team.(for me)
The big 6 what i love to call them.
They are
GARCHOMP
FERROTHORN
ESCAVALIER
LUCARIO
STARAPTOR
SHARPEDO.

They are the best team ( for me ).

when will be next update?
Ah the next update is not coming before 24 days as the countdown has already begun .
I was checking the wild poke list for beta 2 when I found some pokes have double entries in it. Is this intentional or just mistakenly posted?
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
I haven't really went to this thread for a while..... This is the first critique on this type of game, so I may not make any sense.

First off, this hack isn't that bad though with the plot and the movesets you gave to the Pokemon. They are set perfectly and good for those that really need a good STAB move. But are you going to raise up the attacks a bit higher though? It's a suggestion.

Second, I sort of have no problem with the bugs of this game since it's not noticeable and it doesn't cause distractions.

Now, I'll say a few things, so don't jump on me. The tiles of the places I go to are slightly bland in my opinion, except for the desert.

They look pretty light and sort of lack detail into it. Second, the sprites are a tad short. Some are weird in the battle scenes that lack details as well.

Last, I don't want to be a bragger, but the difficulty is a bit too much on where I was about to get the third badge. The Pokemon are slightly overpowered in this game.

I faced other hacks like this, but it doesn't add it to the fact that they're too strong and there isn't much of a place to EV train my team.

Overall, you didn't have to take this in consideration. I'm saying on what I think of this hack since it's a big success and it's unique. I prefer adding Physical/Special Class split since you're adding new moves and Pokemon that heavily rely on those based off of how high their stats are.

Last edited by Volcanix769; December 3rd, 2012 at 03:44 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 01:15 AM
alienhunterx

@Volcanix: The game is intentionally kept hard and for your other problems , a new beta is currently releasing on Dec 25 so you could say it will be bug free edition which you mentioned
Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:06 AM
shreyanshvalentino

hey i just started playing your hack & i want to know is it normal/okay if i have bad eggs in pc??
i have bad eggs in box2,box3..i have not checked other boxes..i want to know can i use those boxes??
Old December 3rd, 2012, 11:44 PM
alienhunterx

I can't take this anymore. So I started the walk through from Beta 1. Currently the coverage is till Flamen City. I know this sounds pretty strange but I will add any new stuff if it comes from Beta 2 so cheers
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:13 AM
shreyanshvalentino

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
I can't take this anymore. So I started the walk through from Beta 1. Currently the coverage is till Flamen City. I know this sounds pretty strange but I will add any new stuff if it comes from Beta 2 so cheers
hey buddy did u have any bad eggs in your storage pc???
is it okay to have bad eggs in your pc???
Old December 5th, 2012, 11:37 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyanshvalentino View Post
Nope. I haven't in my PC. But I will time and again check them when they appear.
Guys the walk through is getting great . Wait till you see my Masterpiece
Old December 6th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyanshvalentino View Post
Just leave them there if you have them and don't do anything with them, you might do more bad than good.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:51 AM
shreyanshvalentino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Just leave them there if you have them and don't do anything with them, you might do more bad than good.
Thanks for your reply buddy...
I now have 6 boxes with bad eggs..i guess as u said if i won't touch them or move them they won't be that much harmful to gameplay..
I'm actually enjoying this game..I've played a lot of hacks in the past but in this hack I'm focusing more on training my pokemon rather than just getting badges..so i was nervous if bad eggs could ruin my game..thanks again!!
Old December 8th, 2012, 03:58 AM
alienhunterx

Just got online to announce that the walk hrough ha covered the story till Atlantic city. Also I caught a Mudkip on Atlantic Swamp and it was holding an Exp-Share. Was it intentional?
Old December 8th, 2012, 07:24 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
*Wakes Up* ... *Looks Around*... Oh, Hi Everyone! Miss Me? Sorry for the absence, I've been pretty busy and preoccupied. Good News though! The hack is still scheduled for the 25th of this month. But, I've had thoughts that I should release it on the 26th or 31st. Cause let's face it, all of you are gonna be distracted with your Christmas presents lol. Like other video games and all sorts of different things. So if I released it on the day after or on the last month of December, you'd probably play and appreciate it more. Last, Hinkage, Pokemon Hyetology creator, is finishing up the rest of the hack. If you've played his hack, you'd know he's skilled at hacking. So, it's in good hands while I'm busy.

Another thing I almost forgot to mention; I advise Everyone who'll be playing the final version this month to start over. It's not mandatory, but highly recommended. Since Atif re-did the mapping, I've added a new location somewhere early in the hack. The event is optional but it has information and foreshadowing events for Dark Rising 2. You'll also encounter a "Familiar Yet Surprising" character and you get to battle this person. There's also new areas in beta 2 I recently added that I've yet to show in a post with another character I'm sure you'll all be shocked to see. Let The Countdown Continue!

Oh, and alienhunterx, yes the exp share was intentional. Every starter in the wild has an exp.share.
Old December 8th, 2012, 02:28 PM
EmeteFox
Unhatched Egg

Hey i was just wondering in this hack how do you evolve shelmet and karrablast?
also do pokemon that would evolve normally through trading evolve via leveling up?
Old December 9th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
*Wakes Up* ... *Looks Around*... Oh, Hi Everyone! Miss Me?
What... you were missing? o.O
Okay, jokes aside xD I don't think anyone will be distracted with presents compared to this game xD
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 9th, 2012, 02:34 AM
dealric

What's about not obeying pokemons? I trade for one and its not obeying me. In normal version it would be because lack of badges, but here i had one badge and pokemon on 18lvl dont want to obey me. So how much badge i need? Important part is this that on first gym you have about 20lvls on pokemons so i should expect them not to obey me ever?
Old December 9th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Razoof
Unhatched Egg

Well Dealric actually it takes two badges and pokemon up to level 30 will obey you(In normal game, not sure about this game) If its traded pokemon over level 10 won't obey till second badge.
Old December 9th, 2012, 09:59 AM
bilhanPKBZ
Spriter

Nature: Jolly
This hack is looking great! Can't wait till Beta 2.

Land Shark XD

FRIEND CODE: 3969 - 6141 - 2289
Old December 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
dealric

Razoof, I know but on this mod you are around 30lvl while fighting in second gym so the pokemon will listen to you for really short time and then again becomes useless.
Old December 9th, 2012, 10:26 AM
atie

Nature: Quiet
I have already completed beta 1 but I had one question , the game is kinda hard and not hard at the same time. Only the boss fight were screaming heavy like the battle with the 2 Kyurems in a row, that was an unecessary hard, you could've atleast gave a heal opportunity. although I like it still and can't wait for beta 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old December 9th, 2012, 11:24 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
*Wakes Up* ... *Looks Around*... Oh, Hi Everyone! Miss Me? Sorry for the absence, I've been pretty busy and preoccupied. Good News though! The hack is still scheduled for the 25th of this month. But, I've had thoughts that I should release it on the 26th or 31st. Cause let's face it, all of you are gonna be distracted with your Christmas presents lol. Like other video games and all sorts of different things. So if I released it on the day after or on the last month of December, you'd probably play and appreciate it more. Last, Hinkage, Pokemon Hyetology creator, is finishing up the rest of the hack. If you've played his hack, you'd know he's skilled at hacking. So, it's in good hands while I'm busy.

Another thing I almost forgot to mention; I advise Everyone who'll be playing the final version this month to start over. It's not mandatory, but highly recommended. Since Atif re-did the mapping, I've added a new location somewhere early in the hack. The event is optional but it has information and foreshadowing events for Dark Rising 2. You'll also encounter a "Familiar Yet Surprising" character and you get to battle this person. There's also new areas in beta 2 I recently added that I've yet to show in a post with another character I'm sure you'll all be shocked to see. Let The Countdown Continue!

Oh, and alienhunterx, yes the exp share was intentional. Every starter in the wild has an exp.share.
I agree with Ash493. I would rather want to play this game instead of Hinkage's. Please don't late it more.:cross-eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeteFox View Post
Hey i was just wondering in this hack how do you evolve shelmet and karrablast?
also do pokemon that would evolve normally through trading evolve via leveling up?
You should refer the first page where DarkRisingGirl has added docs for Pokemon locations as well as their evolution method. Lastly you should know that this website contains fan based hacks not original games so the creators will add methods to evolve those pokes which originally evolve through trading as well as through special methods.;)

Last edited by DrFuji; December 10th, 2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old December 10th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Lol it will be a good xmas present if you release it on the 25th
Old December 10th, 2012, 05:52 AM
piy543
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Mild
did the hack completed ????
i am really looking forward to play it.............
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by piy543 View Post
did the hack completed ????
i am really looking forward to play it.............
The hack is not completed yet.
Hacks I support:

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old December 10th, 2012, 10:08 AM
daniforday
Unhatched Egg

Hey (:
First of all, great rom! I like the dragon starters, and the story so far is very interesting. And I really really like the ideia to put Yami Yugi in the game. Here in pokecommunity, there is a guy that started a project of a hack rom based on Yu-Gi-Oh series, with the Millenium Itens as badges, and the card monsters as pokemons. I was waiting for this hack, but i think he abandoned the project :/ Since I´m a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh, I really enjoy the idea of the apperance of Yami in this game.

So I have a question... I don´t know what to do next in the game. I just defeat Brock with Entei. Where I supossed to go now?
Thanks, and congrats, the game is awesome. (:

Last edited by daniforday; December 10th, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old December 10th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Heracles4

Also, by the time I got to Tiki Village, my Gible was level 20. Very trainer-heavy.

Oh, and you should give us pokeballs before the forest so we can catch pokemon and not have to grind to catch them up to the level of the starter
Arceus Drops ~ Remembering

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old December 10th, 2012, 11:33 PM
alienhunterx

Check your save type in the emulator menu. You must set it on Flash 128 KBytes. Also the professor gives you Pokeballs when you come back with his stuff from the station
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here