The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: What should the first release be?
Beta - 4 gyms, more into the storyline 43 87.76%
Alpha - 1 gym, not as much storyline events 6 12.24%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:24 AM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to xWhyNotx
bye...

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by xWhyNotx; January 11th, 2013 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Added things
Old December 8th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Ok...... the plot seems somewhat interesting with the backstory.

The tiles seem a bit bland in my taste. Some of these look plain and flat except for the river. But it's good though.
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:15 AM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
Ok...... the plot seems somewhat interesting with the backstory.

The tiles seem a bit bland in my taste. Some of these look plain and flat except for the river. But it's good though.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll work on making it look less flat and bland :p

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 8th, 2012, 10:08 AM
godlesplay

unova starters <3 I'm waiting for this !
Old December 8th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Unhatched Egg

These screenshots very good,I love this game,so I am looking forward to download
Old December 8th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Razoof
Unhatched Egg

Looking forward to this game, sounds interesting.
Old December 9th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Saltsas

niiiice this hack seems very interesting.Good luck with it.
Old December 9th, 2012, 07:09 AM
atie

Nature: Quiet
Seems like a fine potential hack, I like the feature of the choice of all the starters keep it up !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old December 9th, 2012, 07:41 AM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atie View Post
Seems like a fine potential hack, I like the feature of the choice of all the starters keep it up !
Thank you! I like the feature too. The only problem I can think of is the fact that with 16 pokemon in one room it would be hard to find the exact pokemon you want. I may section it off somehow so fire are in one section, water and grass in others. Still working out the details :p

Old December 9th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Correspondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by xWhyNotx View Post
Thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Thank you! I like the feature too. The only problem I can think of is the fact that with 16 pokemon in one room it would be hard to find the exact pokemon you want. I may section it off somehow so fire are in one section, water and grass in others. Still working out the details :p
Or maybe you could make the Prof ask of which region's pokemon you want and place the selected Gen's pokemon on a table or something.

The story sounds interesting enough but few of those tiles look a bit bland.All in all sounds like a promising hack.Hope you get to complete it!
Old December 9th, 2012, 08:16 AM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
Or maybe you could make the Prof ask of which region's pokemon you want and place the selected Gen's pokemon on a table or something.

The story sounds interesting enough but few of those tiles look a bit bland.All in all sounds like a promising hack.Hope you get to complete it!
All I do is hack all day everyday :p This is kind of a side project of mine that I'm doing solo aside from my other hack which I'm doing with my team, Pokemon White Noise, which is still in the development stage :p But yes! This hack will be completed! I am a no life and other team members of mine are usually doing something with my other hack so I have free time. :3

Old December 9th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Correspondence

Thats good to hear.Also if you ever need a beta tester you know where to find me.
Old December 9th, 2012, 11:44 AM
ℨᶾanana
✪ Dragons Lead ✪

Nature: Quiet
Wohoo! I waiting for the Download Thud!.. lol xD

Blub lub!
FakeSprites will OpenCommision! Check at DA
Old December 9th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Southueki
Writer

I'm going to take a step here and request a screenshot of the Dark Gyarados ahaha

Seems so awesome!

Also, are you going to implement physical/special split? And 4/5th gen moves?
Old December 9th, 2012, 12:13 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southueki View Post
I'm going to take a step here and request a screenshot of the Dark Gyarados ahaha

Seems so awesome!

Also, are you going to implement physical/special split? And 4/5th gen moves?
The dark gyarados is not complete yet, and you don't have the chance to get it til around the 6th gym. Kind of like Gold or Silver and the red gyarados. When I was little dark Gyarados was my favorite card but it never got as famous as Red Gyarados so I will make him famous :p

I will try my best with the moves. This is a solo project and I can't do everything xD

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Southueki
Writer

Quote:
The dark gyarados is not complete yet, and you don't have the chance to get it til around the 6th gym. Kind of like Gold or Silver and the red gyarados. When I was little dark Gyarados was my favorite card but it never got as famous as Red Gyarados so I will make him famous :p

I will try my best with the moves. This is a solo project and I can't do everything xD
Looking forward to the game release then

Sure, take your time, I know how hard it is to work on a project all alone!

Good luck
Old December 10th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Heracles4

Haha seems like it'll be very good.

Also, someone above said that some tiles were too bland, such as the dirt roads and the grass: I don't have a problem with them, though I am irked by the cave. I like the gems and the rocks, but the tiles just seem bad. Maybe get some other ones?

Can't wait until there is a release ;D

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old December 10th, 2012, 03:55 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heracles4 View Post
Haha seems like it'll be very good.

Also, someone above said that some tiles were too bland, such as the dirt roads and the grass: I don't have a problem with them, though I am irked by the cave. I like the gems and the rocks, but the tiles just seem bad. Maybe get some other ones?

Can't wait until there is a release ;D
It's a little too late for that xD I've completely restarted and I'm creating my own custom tiles for this game :D

Old December 10th, 2012, 05:57 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Quote:
It's a little too late for that xD I've completely restarted and I'm creating my own custom tiles for this game :D
Nevermind about the custom tiles, I found an amazing base, and honestly, I suck at tile making anyway xD

Old December 10th, 2012, 09:30 PM
kebbles
Rom Hacker.

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Nevermind about the custom tiles, I found an amazing base, and honestly, I suck at tile making anyway xD
This game looks cool so far, and your using the semi-transparant textboxes which is a nice feature.
Will you be using transparant mugshots aswell.
Whos tiles are you using if you dont mind me asking?

When the world is in its final moments..
Where will you be?
Old December 11th, 2012, 03:46 AM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebbles View Post
This game looks cool so far, and your using the semi-transparant textboxes which is a nice feature.
Will you be using transparant mugshots aswell.
Whos tiles are you using if you dont mind me asking?
I will be using transparent mugshots as soon as I figure out how to make them. I'm using the tiles from the people in my credit. In my opinion, the game looks great, although I completely restarted yesterday. It was for the best. I will be uploading new screenshots after school today! It's only morning where I live right now though xD

Old December 11th, 2012, 05:32 AM
lizzzz
I want to be the very best!

Nature: Relaxed
You know, I think this hack looks really promising. I like the idea of being able to choose whichever starter you want (it will make it great for multiple play throughs). Good luck in your endeavors, I will be keeping a close eye on this thread
Old December 11th, 2012, 02:14 PM
xWhyNotx
Scripting Master

Screenshots and tiles are new and improved! ^_^

Old December 11th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
The new screenshots look better.
Old December 11th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Wynchester
Legendary Trainer

Seems interesting. I'm going to try it out once you release it. Be sure to let me know when the Beta is ready, but I'll try and check in on this often.

Not to be a neigh-sayer or anything... but you have Dark Gyarados in this, which I get is an existing Pokemon in the TCG, and the idea existed in XD Gale of Darkness... But doesn't a colorful sprite version contradict not only with the name but with the no Fakemon comment? Just curious.
To all people who I was trying to help: my computer has encountered a major virus wiping out all of my emulators and related files. My computer and USB drives are in critical condition as far as infection. Please forgive me for any work you were hoping I could do for you, but I don't even have the files for the original games anymore. So for now, I have to resign from work until my computer gets cleaned. I will try to return to hacking as soon as I can, but it may not be for a while.

UPDATE: My computer and devices are cleaned, but atm, I do NOT have access to my hack tools. I can not hack for anyone including myself. My apologies to anyone this inconveniences.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links