The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old December 9th, 2012 (04:03 PM).
CarefulWetPaint's Avatar
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Gender: Male
So does anyone want to have any relationships with ol Aerous?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #127    
Old December 9th, 2012 (04:06 PM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Female
Oda could, if you'd like. Her maternal instincts would make her protect Aerous from a few of those who'd take advantage of his gullibility, while their sparring would be quite interesting. As far as I'm aware, his abilities don't work with physical impossibilities (Like somebody shooting a laser out of their eyes), and she could help him learn to adapt to them.
Reply With Quote
  #128    
Old December 9th, 2012 (04:07 PM).
revlis's Avatar
revlis
The Dream Walker
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
So does anyone want to have any relationships with ol Aerous?
I could see Aerous getting along well with Camellia. They are both straight forward in their conversations with people and not really high ranking in the family. I could definitely see Camellia being friends with Aerous, suggesting things and dragging him about.

What's your take?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129    
Old December 9th, 2012 (04:09 PM).
Vintage Arachnid
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
So does anyone want to have any relationships with ol Aerous?
Okay, I know we're not in the same sector but...

Ari would, no, will cut/damage/murder Aerous if he ever felt like doing his kissing thing. She really dislikes him for his airheadedness and prefers to stay as far away as possible. If they happen to be in the same room together she'll simply act like isn't there, he's just wasted space. Though, she admires his physical combat knowledge and strength knowing that she can't do it herself. Despite her admiration she would never admit that to him because that's beneath her. Her favorite thing to do to him (maybe?) is play small illusion tricks so that he thinks they're minor eye tricks aka optical illusions. She doesn't care if he has caught on it makes her feel victorious to "succeed" in her little game.

Oh! And if Camellia and Aerous are friends maybe Ari doesn't like that they have any contact at all and she's always trying to drag Camellia away from Aerous.
__________________

THE EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Reply With Quote
  #130    
Old December 9th, 2012 (04:57 PM).
CarefulWetPaint's Avatar
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Gender: Male
Im fairly content with anything but I dont think Aerous is going to have the ability to fire lazers from his eyes >.>
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131    
Old December 9th, 2012 (05:02 PM).
revlis's Avatar
revlis
The Dream Walker
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
Oh! And if Camellia and Aerous are friends maybe Ari doesn't like that they have any contact at all and she's always trying to drag Camellia away from Aerous.
Could do, although I think Camellia would remain oblivious to Ari disliking Aerous/not understand her dislike of him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132    
Old December 9th, 2012 (05:15 PM).
Vintage Arachnid
Fight 'til you win.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
Im fairly content with anything but I dont think Aerous is going to have the ability to fire lazers from his eyes >.>
... I'm not sure where this was directed at but I feel as if it was toward my last two sentences so I'll further explain. What I meant by "minor eye tricks" was nothing like that. Hmm, I guess I should've entirely reworded that. Just like making him see small (or bigger) things that aren't there such as him grabbing for something, like his sword, but Ari has masqueraded it as a slithering snake for two seconds. Stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
Could do, although I think Camellia would remain oblivious to Ari disliking Aerous/not understand her dislike of him.
I think that's perfectly fine. Ari wouldn't do it in a way that's obvious but just make up some excuse as to why Camellia should go do something or come with her right now.
__________________

THE EXTREMELY LONELY PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Reply With Quote
  #133    
Old December 9th, 2012 (05:55 PM).
Squirrel's Avatar
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khawill View Post
Well I have my first post ready to copy paste so hopefully I'll be first to post >:D
I'm curious how you already know the first mission ;o Basically the RP starts off with a mission of stopping thieves that have stolen goods and are preparing to leave the island as a get-to-know-your-character kind of thing with their battle style/powers/team mates, so I'd be surprised if you'd written that already xD But I'm assuming you've written about talking to other players and getting to know them or something like that...? If so you could still use it and edit it to rally a team or as what he was doing before the call to help :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
Oh, AlexOzzyCake (Still don't know a shorter way of typing out your handle. :P ), would it be okay if I removed a clause in Oda's secondary power? I'd like to get rid of the "Can be slowed" one, because if she can be slowed down to just barely be going faster than the force pushing against her, it's as good as being completely still anyway.
Most people call me Ozzy. :) So effectively she'd be an unstoppable force which was entirely unstoppable...? Unless I'm misunderstanding, that seems really overpowered don't you think? I must admit, when I first read that sentence I assumed it was more just an idiom to describe her balance between life and death rather than an actual power haha, but I could be wrong and honestly I'm not understanding this 'power' at all right now so care to explain for me? :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #134    
Old December 9th, 2012 (06:13 PM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Most people call me Ozzy. So effectively she'd be an unstoppable force which was entirely unstoppable...? Unless I'm misunderstanding, that seems really overpowered don't you think? I must admit, when I first read that sentence I assumed it was more just an idiom to describe her balance between life and death rather than an actual power haha, but I could be wrong and honestly I'm not understanding this 'power' at all right now so care to explain for me?
Gotcha.

And that's true; I was aiming for something like having speed, but not as standard as just regular. So, perhaps you'd be willing to let me play up the balance and Oda's survival skills instead? If I were to take the stopping of her body's cycles a bit further, it could perhaps make it so she can't have her mind altered as well as her body? So, she can affect the world only as a talented human being, but has total dominion over herself, save for The Hanged Man's influence?

Oda would, of course, still be vulnerable to illusions that are summoned into the world, instead of affecting the mind of the watcher. So, if The Empress were to summon a swarm of bugs for everyone to see, Oda would see them along with everyone else. But, if she were to try trapping Oda in eternal pain, it wouldn't work. She also wouldn't be able to see through The Hermit's invisibility.

Too much or...? It's kinda difficult to come up with fitting secondary powers for this card.
Reply With Quote
  #135    
Old December 9th, 2012 (06:38 PM).
Aques Keus's Avatar
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Cave of Hymns
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I'm curious how you already know the first mission ;o Basically the RP starts off with a mission of stopping thieves that have stolen goods and are preparing to leave the island as a get-to-know-your-character kind of thing with their battle style/powers/team mates, so I'd be surprised if you'd written that already xD But I'm assuming you've written about talking to other players and getting to know them or something like that...? If so you could still use it and edit it to rally a team or as what he was doing before the call to help :3
My psychic abilities anticipated something like that so my first post is set wicked early in the morning! (Ask Courage, I legit already had my post ready before you posted this) No but really, this is like 5 am early...
__________________
College Bound, Mentally Sound.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Reply With Quote
  #136    
Old December 9th, 2012 (06:43 PM).
machomuu's Avatar
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 'Murca
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Oh, I've been accepted! Can't wait to start :) (Sorry you had to read those typos, though; I really need to look over my posts before I post them :/) I think I might start watching the show in preparation.

Oh, and @CarefulWetPaint, Adam and Aerous could be acquainted with each other somehow, seeing that Adam is his opposite in a few ways (most notably, his personality and his hair color). There's a bit of an age difference and they're in different houses, but there could be some sort of dynamic between them in the times that they do meet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #137    
Old December 9th, 2012 (06:51 PM).
Aques Keus's Avatar
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Cave of Hymns
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Oh... My... God
I have inadvertadly had my character steal some supplies, uh, but I paid them back later so uh, I think it is fine. (I'm bringing this up in case you think Annabelle is the criminal, because technically she didn't because she left a note for the owners...
__________________
College Bound, Mentally Sound.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Reply With Quote
  #138    
Old December 9th, 2012 (06:53 PM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Female
@Khawill: That seems like a perfectly legit excuse to me.
Reply With Quote
  #139    
Old December 9th, 2012 (07:03 PM).
Squirrel's Avatar
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
Gotcha.

And that's true; I was aiming for something like having speed, but not as standard as just regular. So, perhaps you'd be willing to let me play up the balance and Oda's survival skills instead? If I were to take the stopping of her body's cycles a bit further, it could perhaps make it so she can't have her mind altered as well as her body? So, she can affect the world only as a talented human being, but has total dominion over herself, save for The Hanged Man's influence?

Oda would, of course, still be vulnerable to illusions that are summoned into the world, instead of affecting the mind of the watcher. So, if The Empress were to summon a swarm of bugs for everyone to see, Oda would see them along with everyone else. But, if she were to try trapping Oda in eternal pain, it wouldn't work. She also wouldn't be able to see through The Hermit's invisibility.

Too much or...? It's kinda difficult to come up with fitting secondary powers for this card.
Having extreme speed to the extent that you seem to be implying would be the result of an arcana card rather than a secondary power, but having slightly increased speed would be perfectly acceptable. I like the second idea though, this section:

Quote:
Spoiler:
So, perhaps you'd be willing to let me play up the balance and Oda's survival skills instead? If I were to take the stopping of her body's cycles a bit further, it could perhaps make it so she can't have her mind altered as well as her body? So, she can affect the world only as a talented human being, but has total dominion over herself, save for The Hanged Man's influence?

Oda would, of course, still be vulnerable to illusions that are summoned into the world, instead of affecting the mind of the watcher. So, if The Empress were to summon a swarm of bugs for everyone to see, Oda would see them along with everyone else. But, if she were to try trapping Oda in eternal pain, it wouldn't work. She also wouldn't be able to see through The Hermit's invisibility.

That would be perfectly acceptable and would fit in very nicely with her arcana card so I'd be all for this. Make her a skilled fighter to the extent that a regular human being could be and use the secondary power that you suggested above then it'll be fine :)

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #140    
Old December 9th, 2012 (07:08 PM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
That would be perfectly acceptable and would fit in very nicely with her arcana card so I'd be all for this. Make her a skilled fighter to the extent that a regular human being could be and use the secondary power that you suggested above then it'll be fine
Yay! I'll edit the info to her sheet right away.

@Anyone: Who wants to come down to the Harbor and nab some boat-thieves with Oda?
Reply With Quote
  #141    
Old December 9th, 2012 (07:48 PM).
revlis's Avatar
revlis
The Dream Walker
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
@Alex: Skymin, Supervegeta, Raikiri and myself are working on a quadruple post, should be done sometime in the near future..... scratch that, this will take some time. The maturity of some people.... *cough*supervegeta*cough*
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #142    
Old December 9th, 2012 (08:08 PM). Edited December 9th, 2012 by CourageHound.
CourageHound's Avatar
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
Yay! I'll edit the info to her sheet right away.

@Anyone: Who wants to come down to the Harbor and nab some boat-thieves with Oda?
*raises hand* Tobi happens to be positioned by the harbor as well ya know :p. Is Oda a "early bird catches the worm" kinda ladY?
__________________
Zi-Zi's Journey - Lindsey Stirling
Reply With Quote
  #143    
Old December 9th, 2012 (08:11 PM).
Squirrel's Avatar
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
@Alex: Skymin, Supervegeta, Raikiri and myself are working on a quadruple post, should be done sometime in the near future..... scratch that, this will take some time. The maturity of some people.... *cough*supervegeta*cough*
Okie dokie, just remember that the family would be more likely to be with the people in their sector rather than each other during the day whilst they're doing their jobs so that's worth considering before writing it :3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #144    
Old December 9th, 2012 (08:20 PM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
*raises hand* Tobi happens to be positioned by the harbor as well ya know :p
Well, I do now. I'll write up a post about Oda noticing them, once other people have had a chance to post.

@Ozzy: Do we really have maids? Because that would be amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #145    
Old December 9th, 2012 (08:23 PM).
revlis's Avatar
revlis
The Dream Walker
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Okie dokie, just remember that the family would be more likely to be with the people in their sector rather than each other during the day whilst they're doing their jobs so that's worth considering before writing it :3
Didn't you say it was the night of the Ball? We started with it in the afternoon prior to the ball; the family eating over dinner.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #146    
Old December 9th, 2012 (08:30 PM).
Squirrel's Avatar
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
@Ozzy: Do we really have maids? Because that would be amazing.
Up to you haha. Depending on your character's standing within the family it's not out of the question that they'd have maids or could even be a maid themselves, so it's up to you. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
Didn't you say it was the night of the Ball? We started with it in the afternoon prior to the ball; the family eating over dinner.
The ball is being held that night but the event is taking place during in the daytime so there's a break between for characters to mingle. My fault on the wording there, I'll clarify in the main post. Apologies!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #147    
Old December 9th, 2012 (08:32 PM).
revlis's Avatar
revlis
The Dream Walker
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Up to you haha. Depending on your character's standing within the family it's not out of the question that they'd have maids or could even be a maid themselves, so it's up to you. :)



The ball is being held that night but the event is taking place during in the daytime so there's a break between for characters to mingle. My fault on the wording there, I'll clarify in the main post. Apologies!
Sure thing, we'll just change it to lunchtime-ish-ness. XD
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #148    
Old December 9th, 2012 (08:35 PM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Up to you haha. Depending on your character's standing within the family it's not out of the question that they'd have maids or could even be a maid themselves, so it's up to you.
Oda would be a very good maid. Who wouldn't trust an armed person with a tattoo of themselves dying on their back? :v
Reply With Quote
  #149    
Old December 9th, 2012 (09:20 PM).
Xlugon Pyro's Avatar
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
@Anyone: Who wants to come down to the Harbor and nab some boat-thieves with Oda?
Already posted, but Xoxaa would be too shy to confront her directly.
__________________
My posts look too short, so I'm going to misguide the general public and artificially enhance the length of my posts with this garbage of a signature!

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGH...

...

In a world without substance, a nonsense signature is only appropriate!
Reply With Quote
  #150    
Old December 9th, 2012 (09:33 PM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Female
That was a very attractive description of sweat, Pyro. :v Oda'll grab her when I post tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.