The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 22nd, 2012, 10:46 PM
Team Fail
Let It Burn

Nature: Brave
Well, aside from the fact that it's claimed there is nothing but flat land and wheat in Saskatchewan, how many people are knowledgeable about the Montreal Expo in '67?

I came across a coin released in '67 when I was rolling up some coins earlier this evening. http://typesets.wikidot.com/canada:1967-centennial-dime

Platinum Supporter Team Fail

"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."

Charizard

Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:54 AM
Catalyst.
Nothing of significance

I'm ShinySearcher01 with a new account! Can you update the memberlist please? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Well, aside from the fact that it's claimed there is nothing but flat land and wheat in Saskatchewan, how many people are knowledgeable about the Montreal Expo in '67?

I came across a coin released in '67 when I was rolling up some coins earlier this evening. http://typesets.wikidot.com/canada:1967-centennial-dime

Montreal Expo.. Hmm. it was a fair of some sort, and it was the namesake of the ill-fated Montreal Expos, no? /badwithhistory

Ahh, centennial coins... I'm a coin collector (which kind of contradicts the fact that I'm bad with hstory lol, but whatever) and have the whole set of them. If you want to see for yourself:

All are pretty common and very affordable on eBay or at coin collecting stores. :P
Old November 23rd, 2012, 02:09 PM
Team Fail
Let It Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst. View Post
I'm ShinySearcher01 with a new account! Can you update the memberlist please? :D

Montreal Expo.. Hmm. it was a fair of some sort, and it was the namesake of the ill-fated Montreal Expos, no? /badwithhistory

Ahh, centennial coins... I'm a coin collector (which kind of contradicts the fact that I'm bad with hstory lol, but whatever) and have the whole set of them. If you want to see for yourself:

All are pretty common and very affordable on eBay or at coin collecting stores. :P
I've seen that penny in so many places, but I never knew it was part of that set. I know a ton of stuff on the Montreal Expo. In fact, my grandfather on my dad's side of the family did a canoe trip from Dawson Creek to Montreal, retracing Alexander MacKenzie's route. If you have the book "Canada By Canoe", you'd know about it.

"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."

Charizard

Old November 25th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
I've.. never seen any of those coins. They're pretty neat =D

Never seen even the bird penny one either... or maybe I don't pay remotely enough attention to them. Whenever I see pennies, I just look for the first opportunity to get rid of them ><;; Can't wait for the day that penny is out of circulation!
Old November 25th, 2012, 07:16 AM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
I've never seen those coins before. I like the rabbit one
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I *just* realized that there is a half-dollar there! Wow!
Makes the wolf coin even more special and awesome XD
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:54 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst. View Post

these look better than any american coins, hands-down
New Topic: What province is your favorite scenery-wise? Basically, which province do you think has the prettiest landscape?
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old December 1st, 2012, 05:18 PM
LilJz
Legendary lovers♥
Community Supporter Tier 3

Prettiest landscape? I would say British Colombia. My friend's place looks exactly like the landscape in Skyrim. Woods and mountains everywhere where she lives

Really different form the urban tone of Montreal >.>

I also feel pretty lonely, being the only one here from the province of Quebec haha

Last edited by LilJz; December 1st, 2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 1st, 2012, 11:12 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

I've only seen Ontario ('cause I live here) and Quebec (couple of trips), so I'm not really in a position to judge. Between the too, I've done more naturey things in Ontario so I'll vote my home turf

In my imagination, I would go with somewhere in the maritimes though
Old December 2nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

Might be a bit biased since I live here, but I'd have to say that British Columbia has some of the nicest landscapes in Canada. All from about an hour's drive from my house you can visit beaches, mountains, rivers/lakes, forests, farmland, etc. My second choice would probably have to be Newfoundland. Even though I've never been, any pictures that I've seen others take there always make it look so nice, and it's one of those places I'd like to visit if I ever got the chance.

Old December 4th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Team Fail
Let It Burn

I'd have to say the East Coast, but I haven't been outside of Alberta much, so it'd be hard for me to make an informed decision.

Charizard

Old December 5th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

I'm in the same boat. I've never been anywhere else outside Ontario, really. But I'm going to have to say BC on this one, because I've heard great things from many of my close friends who've visted.

Old December 6th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

And like a week or so later due to university, finally back to post a bit here and there!

Am I the strange west coast person who has hardly been around Ontario? I think that I stopped by there for at most a week... I haven't been to Ontario for like the first 10 years that I've been in Canada, and only went there recently haha.
Old December 6th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I have a bunch of those pennies and one of the 5 cent coin.
I have this one coin from Alberta, I think it is.. from 1870.. with a Buffalo on one side and a prairie flower on the other. Dunno if it's worth anything though!

And.. have an old 5 dollar bill that has french all over it and.. er.. hard to describe actually.

And the old $2 I have :33
Old December 6th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Team Fail
Let It Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
I have a bunch of those pennies and one of the 5 cent coin.
I have this one coin from Alberta, I think it is.. from 1870.. with a Buffalo on one side and a prairie flower on the other. Dunno if it's worth anything though!

And.. have an old 5 dollar bill that has french all over it and.. er.. hard to describe actually.

And the old $2 I have :33
I think we have a few of those $2 bills floating around. I think there may also be a $1 bill as well.

Charizard

Old December 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

$2 bill? That the one with the robin on it? I think I have a few of those somewhere...
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

My dad has a whole set of those Centennial coins put away somewhere, he got them as a gift for being born in the same year. I've also got a few $1 and $2 bills that are stashed away, with one of them being at least 50 or 60 years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
Am I the strange west coast person who has hardly been around Ontario? I think that I stopped by there for at most a week... I haven't been to Ontario for like the first 10 years that I've been in Canada, and only went there recently haha.
I've lived in Canada my entire life and have never been East of Alberta, so it isn't all that strange.

Old December 8th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I think that it took me quite awhile to even properly visit Vancouver even though I live in Alberta, and Alberta is relatively close to Vancouver too XD; You'll think that most Canadians will visit the 2 larger cities of the country hm?
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

The farthest I've been away from Toronto in Canada is Timmins, which still isn't very far.
I think I used to have some special bills maybe, but when I moved to the states I might have left them somewhere. Idk. :/

Old December 9th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Great it's negative 30C outside... this will be a chilly night of Edmonton ;_;
Old December 9th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

-30 Right now? Holy crap. I thought it was cold here. >.<

Old December 9th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
The farthest I've been away from Toronto in Canada is Timmins, which still isn't very far.
I think I used to have some special bills maybe, but when I moved to the states I might have left them somewhere. Idk. :/
I have an old family friend of my grandfather who lives in Timmins whose family is still really close to my mom. Unfortunately I've never visited .o. How did you find it?

And damn.. -30.. that's crazy @_@
Old December 9th, 2012, 02:41 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Wow -30. It's been about 0 here all day.
Old December 10th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Coldest it's gotten here so far is -11 with wind chill, I think. It's 3 degrees now. Not too big a deal. I'm getting a bit sick of it because it's so rainy here. I'd much prefer snow instead of rain at this point. :(

It always surprises me how few Canadians actually visit Canadian destinations. :( Even those who travel a lot will go all over the world and never visit the province next door. I get that Canada's huge and you can't get to as many places in one trip as other destinations but Canada's awesome. The only places I haven't been are the territories and the only province I didn't enjoy at all was Manitoba. :P

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old December 10th, 2012, 10:38 AM
LilJz
Legendary lovers♥
Community Supporter Tier 3

Here it's 1 degres celsius, so it's not that bad. But we're also planning on having 6 centimeters of snow for tonight.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links