The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted December 7th, 2012 (09:12 AM). Edited December 7th, 2012 by Alinthea.
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

"Steam, now playing on your TV"

Has anyone else heard of or used this feature?

I haven't used it yet (I will), but it sounds really neat. I don't like sitting here with my laptop on my lap, having to squint and curse due to the size of my tiny 1080p monitor..
I'd prefer to be scrawled out on my couch playing on my big TV screen, with a controller! That's just the proper traditional experience for me.
Old Posted December 7th, 2012 (10:07 AM).
Cassino

I don't care for it. I just hope the circular button gets moved and/or downsized because I do use those undersized window controls immediately above it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Magius View Post
I don't like sitting here with my laptop on my lap, having to squint and curse due to the size of my tiny 1080p monitor.
Just lower your laptop's screen resolution.
Old Posted December 7th, 2012 (10:11 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I doubt I'll use it just because I don't even have a controller that plugs into my computer >_o On my computer games I always use keyboard and mouse, so there's no point in using Big Picture.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old Posted December 9th, 2012 (05:56 PM).
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Just lower your laptop's screen resolution.
But then I lose the HD aspect of my screen...not worth it to me :3

So I tried it, and it's a bit of a hassle with the controls of it. It also tended to seize up on a random screen and I'd have to wait for it to unfreeze. I'd probably wait for Steam to release further bug fixes than use it at the moment.
Old Posted December 10th, 2012 (10:45 AM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I've had my desktop on the main floor of our house since September for various reasons so I was happy to try out Big Picture. It's alright. Most of the games I play, though, are keyboard and mouse games and even if they have controller settings, they just don't play as well. So I never really remember to go into Big Picture mode when playing on the TV if I'm just gonna be playing with keyboard/mouse anyway. :s It's a great idea though and I like that it's been implemented.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old Posted December 11th, 2012 (09:46 PM).
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

Nature: Calm
I haven't tried it yet, but I hope to at some point, because I would love to play some of my favorite PC games on an HDTV.

According to my friend who tested it, it can greatly improve performance if you are trying to play games on a bad computer or laptop. He had difficulty playing Primal Carnage without lagging, even on the lowest settings, however when he played it through Steam on his HDTV, he experienced no problems and was able to play on the highest settings.

(Working on a better signature + avy)

Old Posted December 12th, 2012 (06:31 AM).
chakalaka25
Unhatched Egg

Does not seem useful or at least not so useful for me
Old Posted December 13th, 2012 (09:46 AM).
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I think it is interesting and some people will use it, but I won't, in the near future, as my PC is hooked up to my 32" TV anyway! ;D

But I do think it is a nice alternative for people who use monitors. It is always exciting to see Stream doing things like this.
Old Posted December 15th, 2012 (12:27 PM).
Jeremy
Sweetie
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Well sweeties, I mainly use keyboard and mouse when I play Steam Games. Don't see the point, but other people might enjoy it.

Facebook Twitter

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links