The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:38 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Have you guys noticed any Easter eggs in the game? Well, what I've seen is-

~(I saw this on memebase) Elesa's three fellow models are named Nikola, Ampere, and Fleming. They're names of scientists that worked with electricity.

~(Noticed this myself) If you explore the ledge where Alder jumps outside Flocessy Town, and use the Dowsing Machine, you'll find an Expert Belt in the exact spot where Alder was standing. This implies that Alder's belt came loose when he jumped.

Have any more?

Last edited by Zayphora; October 31st, 2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Name of the third model
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:30 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
It was Nikola, Ampère and Fleming. By far my favorite reference in the game. :D I haven't noticed any other easter eggs, though. :<

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old October 31st, 2012, 06:07 PM
Zayphora

Thanks!

Tbh, that reference made me mad, because I think those awesome scientists deserve a much more awesome representation than AIRHEAD MODELS...wait. that's the (stereotypical) joke. Oh.

Also, I've had this fantasy that there would be a really epic steampunk-themed Gym Leader in Gen 6 named Nikola...
Old October 31st, 2012, 06:29 PM
Railgun

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
Thanks!

Tbh, that reference made me mad, because I think those awesome scientists deserve a much more awesome representation than AIRHEAD MODELS...wait. that's the (stereotypical) joke. Oh.

Also, I've had this fantasy that there would be a really epic steampunk-themed Gym Leader in Gen 6 named Nikola...
Not all models are the typical airheads...

There was the ruby and sapphire gems on the arms of Elesa
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:24 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyKetchum View Post
Not all models are the typical airheads...

There was the ruby and sapphire gems on the arms of Elesa
I don't see any gems on her arms. I know she has the Red and Blue Earphones and a Red and a Blue shoe that complements her Polarity motif from the last design.
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:57 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
The PWT building when you enter it sort of looks like Kyogre (but if you were too see the whole building it does not).
Also the colors of the Badge confirmation path are brownish yellow and blue which made me think it was an easter egg for Groudon (Ground is usually represented by brownish yellow) and Kyogre (Water). And the obvious Magma and Water differences in Reversal Mountains.
Old November 1st, 2012, 07:11 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
The PWT building when you enter it sort of looks like Kyogre (but if you were too see the whole building it does not).
Also the colors of the Badge confirmation path are brownish yellow and blue which made me think it was an easter egg for Groudon (Ground is usually represented by brownish yellow) and Kyogre (Water). And the obvious Magma and Water differences in Reversal Mountains.
I don't think any of those things are references to Hoenn, lol.

Now that I think about it, there was an interesting reference one of the trainers make in Reversal Mountain. After you beat a battle girl in a triple battle and talk to her she calls her 3-Pokemon fighting style "Jet Stream Attack" which is a combat formation in Mobile Suit Gundam.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old November 1st, 2012, 07:31 AM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
It was Nikola, Ampère and Fleming. By far my favorite reference in the game. :D I haven't noticed any other easter eggs, though. :<
I noticed in Elesa and Skyla's Memory Link scene that there is a reference to Airplane!. It's when Elesa says "And don't call me Shirley!".

I also loved the reference with the three models names, being named after scientists who worked in electricity = Nikola Tesla, John Ambrose Fleming and Andre-Marie Ampere. Never even noticed that naming theme until I read TV Tropes.

Also, that guitarist in Roxie's Gym is named Billy Jo, which is probably a reference to Green Day's Billy Joe Armstrong.

There's also a Rocky reference going with two Black Belt trainers, named Rocky (duh) and Drago.

Three of the Pokestar Studios directors are named after John Carpenter, David Lynch and Takashi Miike. Even some of the movies' titles have references, notably being A Tale Of Two Cities, The Reluctant Dragon, Rip Van Winkle, Gulliver's Travels, Encyclopedia Brown and Alice In Wonderland.

And there's an artist named Gough who has a Sunflora on his team, referencing Vincent van Gogh and his famous "Sunflowers" painting.

Trust me, TV Tropes caught a lot of references in the game.

paired with kouzan and heartouch
pc battle server | tumblr | send me a vm

Old November 1st, 2012, 10:55 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Here are some that Hikari never mentioned:
-Fullmetal Cop is a reference to Robocop and Fullmetal Jacket
-The Big Monster movies featuring the Robo-Tyranitar are references to Mechagodzilla
-Ghost Eraser is a reference to Ghostbusters and HP Lovecraft.

Old November 1st, 2012, 07:43 PM
SpawnHyuuga
Elite Four Spawn

Nature: Timid
I don't know how much of a reference it is but some (maybe all) of the Mulches from the Hidden Grottos have this text in their description,

"A fertilizer to be spread on soft soil in regions where berries are grown."

If I remember correctly, Hoenn was the first region to let you plant berries, although Johto let you harvest them. I have a feeling either these mulches are tradable or they will reappear in the proposed remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

Skyarrow Bridge is also 386 steps long. (This was in B/W, I haven't been on it for my White 2, yet.)
Any images or works I post, are that of my own creation, or I have properly credited the artist/creator. If I am the creator, you may use my work in any way you see fit, provided you give credit. If it is someone else's work, please give them a message, asking if you can use it.
Old November 1st, 2012, 08:22 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnHyuuga View Post
I don't know how much of a reference it is but some (maybe all) of the Mulches from the Hidden Grottos have this text in their description,

"A fertilizer to be spread on soft soil in regions where berries are grown."

If I remember correctly, Hoenn was the first region to let you plant berries, although Johto let you harvest them. I have a feeling either these mulches are tradable or they will reappear in the proposed remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

Skyarrow Bridge is also 386 steps long. (This was in B/W, I haven't been on it for my White 2, yet.)
Mulch originates from Sinnoh, so if you were linking it to a Hoenn based reference, it isn't. Its a Sinnoh reference.

If you played through Strange House you'll notice that the ghost girl is the one from Marvel Bridge. She makes references to having to move away from her Abra and Nightmares. She is given a charm which was the lunar wing and says something about a place she used to live far away.

I'm thinking the games link the Ghost girl from Sinnoh and Ghost girl from Unova.
Old November 1st, 2012, 08:35 PM
ga'hoolefan

Sabrina reappears as an actress at PokeStar Studios. I thought this was cool. Also, the TR grunt in Black and White has been replaced by a Magma and Aqua grunt.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 01:36 AM
linkinpark187
Computer Tech

Nature: Modest
There's a swimmer in Himilau City just above the gym. If you talk to her, she mentions how she loves swimming because it makes her feal like a mermaid, after which she also mentions that there is a meremaid-like gym leader in Kanto.

I know a lot of people want a Ruby/Sapphire remake, and that there's already been a Red/Blue remake, but I'd rather see Red and Blue done in the Gen 5 format. Although a Ruby/Sapphire remake wouldn't be that bad, I suppose... lol :D

Many thanks to Shadow_Ball for the sig pic!

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:21 PM
darkwaters93
Ninja Vaporeon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to darkwaters93
The middle and eastern parts of the unova map looks like a pair of feet
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:37 PM
pokemontrainer_samuel
Smoochum

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via ICQ to pokemontrainer_samuel Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokemontrainer_samuel Send a message via Yahoo to pokemontrainer_samuel
Not sure if anyone of you noticed this:
There is a female trainer at level 8 of the Black Tower who says that she's fast as lightning and in fact it's a little bit frightening. That was in reference to the lyrics of Carl Douglas' Kung Fu Fighting
Charizard the level 50 Charizard!

This chibi Articuno was adopted at Lugia.co.uk!
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:49 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
There's a trainer in Pinwheel Forest who says "Everybody, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!!", which could be a reference to South Park.

Old November 11th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
There's a trainer in Pinwheel Forest who says "Everybody, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!!", which could be a reference to South Park.
I don't sit that as a reference to South Park, anyone can say Sit down and Shut up. Anyone.
Old December 9th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Zayphora

By the way, I believe there's a male grunt in the Frigate who is pretending to be The Terminator.
Old December 10th, 2012, 10:06 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

In Driftveil City's Gym there was a digger who said:'when i say dig you say how low'
It is a reference to Florida's Jump ''When I say jump, you say how high''but fitting to the dig.

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216
Old December 10th, 2012, 10:24 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
I don't think any of those things are references to Hoenn, lol.

Now that I think about it, there was an interesting reference one of the trainers make in Reversal Mountain. After you beat a battle girl in a triple battle and talk to her she calls her 3-Pokemon fighting style "Jet Stream Attack" which is a combat formation in Mobile Suit Gundam.
The magma and water differences in Reversal Mountain are huge references to Ruby and Sapphire, lol...

It's not an Easter egg, but I love how Professor Juniper evolves her Minccino into Cinccino *u*

Also, one of the preschoolers on Route 3 says the same thing he said in BW, something like "Let's go! Hyper Beam!!"

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:08 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
I don't sit that as a reference to South Park, anyone can say Sit down and Shut up. Anyone.
Could've sworn that that line was very prominent there...

Anyway, there's a Battle Girl in Reversal Mountain who makes a reference to Mobile Suit Gundam by quoting, "Jetstream Attack" after you beat her.

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Sarah Morgan
Mime Jr.

What do you know, the PWT building does look like Kyorge.
Old December 14th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Dragonmage
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I agree. But it may also be that people are just praying for a r/s remake that they're seeing imaginary hints. Hahaha.

Check out my trade shop http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296739
Midori and I will both thank you!

Pokemon White FC: 0905 2241 5057
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3096 5973 8776
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:23 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
Have you guys noticed any Easter eggs in the game? Well, what I've seen is-

~(I saw this on memebase) Elesa's three fellow models are named Nikola, Ampere, and Fleming. They're names of scientists that worked with electricity.

~(Noticed this myself) If you explore the ledge where Alder jumps outside Flocessy Town, and use the Dowsing Machine, you'll find an Expert Belt in the exact spot where Alder was standing. This implies that Alder's belt came loose when he jumped.

Have any more?
Wow, I never noticed those two! The Elesa egg is interesting and the Alder one is hilarious!

I only know one Easter Egg for Black 2 off of the top of my head. If you go to this one room at Liberty Garden you can walk into this room and a Victini will magically appear. It walks around a little and suddenly is dissapears. What a tease!
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:44 PM
Khrysta

I just randomly found a Pokemon cross over easter egg.

We all know that in one of the PokeStar Studio Movies you get to fight a black version of Mecha Tyranitar.

Well I was randomly looking at things on Bulbapedia and I find a page called Varient Pokemon. I click on it and see one called "Black Tyrannitar" which is about a legendary like Tyranitar from the Pokemon Golden Boys Manga.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_Tyranitar

Other than the HG/SS cross over of Giovanni being Canonly linked as Silver's father, this is the second time I've seen information from a Manga be brought into the games.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links