The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:32 AM
djfunky
Unhatched Egg

It feels like it's been almost a year since this got posted, oh wait.. :3
Hope to see something playable soon, the game still looks amazing!
I wonder what will come first, this game or the next season of TGOT.
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:07 PM
Triple R
PokéFan Incognito

Nature: Mild
...Is this guy also working on music for this project?
Old December 4th, 2012, 02:38 PM
DLMuerte
Mercenary Chief

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Well, you know, if he has music...

Yes. Yes he is.

Yamagi Sosuke: I could get naked again
Sephear: no
Yamagi Sosuke: I think that would work swell

YA | GH | S: WoF | SAO: S
Old December 5th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Dying Light
Assassin

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunky View Post
It feels like it's been almost a year since this got posted, oh wait.. :3
Hope to see something playable soon, the game still looks amazing!
I wonder what will come first, this game or the next season of TGOT.
And how long does it take for Game Freak to launch an official title? Even with a full team of people, it takes them a few months, even a year or so. It's not surprising that this game hasn't been released yet.

You must also take into consideration that Abnegation and his team have lives to fulfill. He is doing this as a hobby, not as a profession.

Pair: <none> | Links: <none> | Requests: <none>
~ That one guy who doesn't like 5th and above generations. ~

Old December 6th, 2012, 10:14 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

Regading Phoenix Rising's current state. So yeah, until we have a new programmer, we're pretty stuck as far as development is concerned. DS version is again, far down the line. Simply wishing to work on the RMXP version now, which has reached a stand still due to a lack of an advanced scripter.
Old December 6th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Dying Light
Assassin

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
Regading Phoenix Rising's current state. So yeah, until we have a new programmer, we're pretty stuck as far as development is concerned. DS version is again, far down the line. Simply wishing to work on the RMXP version now, which has reached a stand still due to a lack of an advanced scripter.
Well, that sucks. I'd step up to the plate to help with your game but unfortunately I am working on my own game right now, plus my Ruby/RGSS knowledge is so limited I'm lucky to be scripting at all.

I hope you can find someone who will be able to fill the void. Understandably, a highly experienced individual would be necessary for completing the tasks at hand, but I don't know anyone to whom I could refer.

Good luck Abnegation.

Pair: <none> | Links: <none> | Requests: <none>
~ That one guy who doesn't like 5th and above generations. ~

Old December 6th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Umbreon
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I Don't have too much time on my hands, but I could make a day or two open and make some scripts, (Taking in considerations from my school work, java pokemon kit, and some c++ things) Anyways, if you need a script, I'll happily look through my laptop (which has about 50 GBs filled with scripts for various things) and see if I have the script or if I can create it.
Old December 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Nature: Adamant
I made a little userbar for the game, in my spare time. I wish you luck with finding a programmer, and I look forward to seeing this game completed. <3
Old December 11th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Triple R
PokéFan Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ęℓαчиıı View Post
I made a little userbar for the game, in my spare time. I wish you luck with finding a programmer, and I look forward to seeing this game completed. <3
Finally, something I can fill my signature with!

Last edited by Triple R; December 11th, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:18 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
Wow, I'm actually quite stunned. This is seriously good quality work. The look, the ideas, the characters, the storyline.. wow. You can definitely tell a lot of hard work has gone into this project and I'm certain it's going to turn out great! Great work Abnegation as well as the whole team. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the project grow in the future! Good luck!
Old December 14th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Saigyouji Yuyuko
Meikai no Ohime-sama

Nature: Relaxed
Count me a fan. I'll play this as soon as it's done. It has among the best music and designs I have seen so far.

Kon kata e
Namatai na kono
Nawara ba ta?

Quote:
This person has a Touhoumon hack in progress. What is Touhoumon? A touhou hack of Pokemon. In other words, this person is hacking a hack. This person is a writer as well, but has resorted to this person's old hobby of hacking as this person has been hit by a writer's block.
-Yterv Godrul
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Braviary75
Black_Kyurem75

So great a DS Version i think that can be great and the music its just awesome
Old December 15th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Bonespectre

When we will be able to download ?
Old December 15th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Triple R
PokéFan Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonespectre View Post
When we will be able to download ?
Sometime between January 32nd and September 31st

I'm pretty sure it's been stated several times in this thread not to ask for release dates or any of that.

In any case, you must have at least read that things have come to a standstill, meaning a download in the near future is almost completely uncertain anyway.

On the note of the standstill, I'd help, but I don't know anything about creating videogames. I could give the game more publicity, if desired, though.
Old December 16th, 2012, 11:02 AM
chaoscaptain
Unhatched Egg

Just curious, is this currently available to the general public or is it still under development?
Old December 17th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscaptain View Post
Just curious, is this currently available to the general public or is it still under development?
It's still under development.
But seriously, you should have read the comment above yours before asking.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Banette`
[ The Vengeful Doll ]

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
So yeah, until we have a new programmer, we're pretty stuck as far as development is concerned. DS version is again, far down the line. Simply wishing to work on the RMXP version now, which has reached a stand still due to a lack of an advanced scripter.
Ah, that's no good. I'm absolutely looking forward to the completion of this. Everything looks stunning, the graphics, the music sounds amazing, storyline is fascinating. I'm extremely impressed.
I truly hope you're able to find another programmer soon. Best of luck to you.
<3

Old December 23rd, 2012, 04:05 PM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I seriously just made an account to congratulate you guys on all the great work *o* I'm so excited about this game *o* I'd so totally play it <3 I'm a Pokétard @w@ and even though I still haven't completed all games as I permanently start new games/start multiple versions at the same time >.> I'm so gonna drop it all just for this fan-made version *o*
Besides, you already got 1000 more +es for having one of my favorite grass types as a starter *o* (never finished playing B/W, but I instantly fell for that cute little thing <3)

so keep up the great work *o* and I can't wait for it to be ready! I even bookmarked the page so I can stalk it @w@

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Kaliser
Unhatched Egg

That's a really awesome pkmn game. People actually don't make attention about the graphics, but I do. And that's a strong point in this game. I love all the details, all the extras and the storyline though. The only point I've never like too much is... nothing xD.

I would like at the game something like customize more the interfaze, I mean, at the game, changing something like as the bag or something, it would be amazing. Keep it up
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:09 AM
ZeKro
http://zekrowah.deviantart.com

Hi!
I like all about this pokemon fangame, seriously. The tiles, well, all the graphics are amazings! There aren't fakemon in this game? It's the only thing what the game not have...

Well, I hope you can find a good programmer* and keep it up!
*Your last programmer is Rafael-Animal, true? I'll try to talk with him to work in PR again :D

My things

My DeviantArt
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:13 PM
abnegation

Just gonna leave these here~

Some small errors I'm already aware of and fixing :]
leik if u cried at seeing PR again

Last edited by abnegation; January 9th, 2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:18 PM
djfunky
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Just gonna leave these here~

Some small errors I'm already aware of and fixing :]
leik if u cried at seeing PR again
Damn, these maps are just so beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
And how long does it take for Game Freak to launch an official title? Even with a full team of people, it takes them a few months, even a year or so. It's not surprising that this game hasn't been released yet.

You must also take into consideration that Abnegation and his team have lives to fulfill. He is doing this as a hobby, not as a profession.
Well I'm not complaining.
Seeing all these amazing images allrdy makes the wait worth it.
Hell, even if it took another 3 years, I still wouldn't complain! I rather see a fully completed and perfect product, then a half finished one.

Last edited by djfunky; January 8th, 2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:56 PM
abnegation

Well just as a matter of reference, I really don't want to get into release dates, but GameFreak actually take about 3 years or so to develop a game, with a team of over 1,000. We are just 4 now, and 3 composers who work more sporadically as of late. On top of the fact we do this in our spare time, and don't get paid or anything. So for a title this ambitious, things will take a while. I just hope that people keep following us until we have something to give you guys to play.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Triple R
PokéFan Incognito

...Wow. You really are short on staff. I wish I knew enough about designing videogames to help. Still, I'll keep following this developing game at least until there's a demo (and, far more likely than not, well after I've played the demo several times), so...I guess I'm content with cheering from the sidelines.
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:18 AM
djfunky
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Well just as a matter of reference, I really don't want to get into release dates, but GameFreak actually take about 3 years or so to develop a game, with a team of over 1,000. We are just 4 now, and 3 composers who work more sporadically as of late. On top of the fact we do this in our spare time, and don't get paid or anything. So for a title this ambitious, things will take a while. I just hope that people keep following us until we have something to give you guys to play.
Well compared to them, u guys are still doing an amazing job.
Keep up the good work and hopefully we'll see an awesome game at the end of this journey

Sponsored Links