The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Events & Groups

Notices

Events & Groups Want to join or set up a tournament? You're in the right place! Here you can find competitions and events as well as clans and other groups.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. Posts in this forum do not add to your total post count. Four-word rule and character-limit do not apply here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:30 AM
wolf

Also, we are currently accepting substitutes to sign up just in case someone is inactive. We already have Ninjagon, so we probably won't need anymore than two substitutes.

And no, logos won't be made until next season.
Old November 18th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
Sounds good, do we have a banner or anything? I can make one, just tell me what our mascot should be ;p
It's a group decision, not just mine to make, but I have a few ideas. Given it's a NU Tourney, I think an NU mascot would be appropriate. The mention of Staryu above made me think of Solrock and Lunatone. Alternatively Zangoose and Seviper are cool (and in the OP). Slaking, Regigigas, Pikachu... What do you guys think?
Old November 18th, 2012, 01:57 PM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Given it's a NU Tourney, I think an NU mascot would be appropriate.
Keep in mind that only this season is restricted to NU; next seasons will use different metagames. Additionally, the same teams will be used for future seasons, but any of them can change their name and mascot if needed (should be avoided though).
Old November 18th, 2012, 02:29 PM
shnen

I propose shnen is the best as team name
Old November 18th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Archer and team! So we are named Team Trois, and I think our mascot is Tropius... ._. Or am I taking things irrationally?
Old November 18th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnen2 View Post
I propose shnen is the best as team name
hmmmmmm no. good idea tho!!! ummmmm we should call it teambuilding ofc. You could be like, go the teambuilding team!
Old November 18th, 2012, 05:49 PM
wolf

THE CHOMPIN' GARCHOMP. Yeah? Yeah.

...Also, the Seductive Milotic.

Last edited by wolf; November 18th, 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Let's be the Lapras..es!
Old November 19th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Zeffy
I'm Brawly! Dewford's Gym Leader!

Zeffy's babies obv. =p
Cofagrigus mascot also! >:D

Jokes aside, I'll leave the name/mascot decision to you guys. I'm pretty much a yes-man when it comes to these stuff, as long as everyone else agrees. (b'-')b

Gym Leader Brawly wants to battle!
Machop (Lv. 17) - Guts - (Bulk Up, Karate Chop)
Makuhita (Lv. 18) - Guts - (Vital Throw, Arm Thrust)
November 21 / Staff Collab 2014
Note: if you think any of these information are spoilers then I implore you to reconsider your life choices.
Old November 19th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Archer
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musica View Post
Archer and team! So we are named Team Trois, and I think our mascot is Tropius... ._. Or am I taking things irrationally?
I was just being silly. Trois=three. We were group number 3.

I don't have a team name in mind and Trois wouldn't make sense out of context.

Tropius IS pretty cool, though.
Old November 20th, 2012, 10:13 AM
shnen

ok teambuilding is a good name y/n other people
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Icy Burn
Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3

Nature: Jolly
This isn't official yet, but Team 3 (I think) MIGHT be -

Old November 21st, 2012, 11:09 AM
wolf

I'll give everyone a week to come up with a team name and mascot. If a team can't think of a name before November 28th, they will simply use their current name (team 1, 2, 3, etc.).

However, we can easily skip this process and just go by our current team names and I'll apply a temporary mascot according to the team number (Articuno for Team One, Zapdos for Team Two, Moltres for Team Three, and Arcanine, Lugia, or something for Team Four). To be honest, I'd rather do this for now since we can always bother with team names next season.

Last edited by wolf; November 26th, 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: oops
Old November 24th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Archer
Community Supporter

I've been talking to Lati-Hax and we considered Zapdos as a mascot and a related team name, such as Lightning/Thunderstorm. Of course, I'm keen to get feedback from my other team members, so what do you all think? Feel free to give other ideas.
Old November 24th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Forever
let it go

To my team, we could always be... Samurott. I HAVE LOGIC HERE okay lemme explain. So, Lapras is a Lapras, which is in the sea. Wolf is a dog, because wolves are technically dogs. Herdier's also a dog and shnen and Zeffy are also great, which makes them dogs to me because I just love dogs. So, what sounds like a dog? Otters! Maybe, if I have the right animal. Nevertheless, it's close enough, and Samurott is NU and is great and perfect and we could be like the Samurai's. THOUGHTS? I was going to post this before but Archer's post reminded me loool.
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:14 AM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
I've been talking to Lati-Hax and we considered Zapdos as a mascot and a related team name, such as Lightning/Thunderstorm. Of course, I'm keen to get feedback from my other team members, so what do you all think? Feel free to give other ideas.
Zapados sounds cool. Thought maybe we could be team fulmination?
Old December 2nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
wolf

Y'all are taking too long. I'm just going to go with temporary names and mascots for the teams because this needs to start already. I'm sending out private messages to everyone for the purpose of confirming that you all are still interested and active. Once I receive replies from all of them within a week, the first season will start. Be sure to prepare! However, if someone drops out, there will be a short period for finding replacements.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
shnen

makuhita for team mascot please
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:20 PM
wolf

Looks like we're going to have to find replacements for seven people (BLOOOD-La-ti-, Ghost Tamer Tommy, Musica, Pixelrush, pknight96, Thunder_Chad, and Vrai). They failed to reply to my private message, so they're considered inactive. However, they can still remain in the PC League if they reply to my message before the replacements fill up.

This means that sign ups are open. Simply post which team you want to join (if you have a preference) along with your PC Battle Server username. The season will start immediately after we find replacements.

Here are the teams at the moment:

Spoiler:
Team 1
• Forever
• Lapras*
• shnen2
• Wolflare
• Zeffy

Team 2
• Icy Burn
• Miss Doronjo
• P-Sign
• RandomTrainerWhoCould
• Aryan143

Team 3
• Archer
• krazzikk
• darkserperior
• DaydreamsAway
• tajaros

Last edited by wolf; December 11th, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old December 8th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Zeffy
I'm Brawly! Dewford's Gym Leader!

The PokeCommunity League: where the most active team wins by default!

Gym Leader Brawly wants to battle!
Machop (Lv. 17) - Guts - (Bulk Up, Karate Chop)
Makuhita (Lv. 18) - Guts - (Vital Throw, Arm Thrust)
November 21 / Staff Collab 2014
Note: if you think any of these information are spoilers then I implore you to reconsider your life choices.
Old December 8th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

I will join. I will join Team 2. My PS Username is Aryan143.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old December 10th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Krazzikk

How big should the banner be for our team?

T_T everyone ditched me n' archer !
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:50 PM
wolf

Okay so, I'm changing the team amount to three due to the lack of sign-ups. Team 3 and 4 are being merged. As a result, we only need one more sign-up before the season starts. This is more fitting considering the teams' temporary mascots are the legendary birds (there's only three of them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
How big should the banner be for our team?
There won't be any logos. I'm just going with simple sprites, since the team names and such are undecided for now.
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:42 AM
darkserperior
Frozen Frigate

i will join team three if possible
Old December 11th, 2012, 11:05 AM
wolf

We now have enough participants to continue!

Season 1 has begun! This also means that the primary tournament has started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolflare View Post
• The primary tournament is round-robin, but users don't fight their own team members. Basically, members must complete one match everyone else on the opposing teams. Every team starts with a score of 100 points. Each match won by a user earns their team 10 points, and each match lost by a user drops their team's score by 10. If a team's score reaches zero, they are disqualified until next season. Once everyone has battled each other, the primary tournament ends. The four teams with the most points move onto the playoffs (all teams move onto the playoffs if there's four or less total teams).
Basically, you have to have one battle with everyone that's not on your team. Please keep your battle results in one single post (it just needs to include "won/lost vs <insertuser>"). Simple enough, eh? View the first post for more details on teams and rules. Keep in mind that any of this may change for the purpose of ironing out some issues. Also, statistics will kept for every team just for fun.

Everyone has until January 11th to complete their matches. Please do not procrastinate so that I don't have to give out extensions. If a member takes too long to finish a battle, they may be at risk of losing points for their team. Good luck everyone!

Last edited by wolf; December 14th, 2012 at 09:44 AM.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links