• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Applesauce Day is definitely my favourite of the two April Fools' pranks I've been a part of. It was relatively simple but had such a massive impact on the forum as a whole, as it affected everything and caused so much chaos! Lerroux was OK, but very convoluted for what it was. So much effort! I liked it, but Applesauce Day definitely had a charm about it that is going to be hard to replicate next year and in future years.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
2006- Todoroki takes over PC, staff drama, blackout theme.
2007- Erica and Jorge quit as admins. Christos gets modded in Rom hacking. I know, not the funniest thing ever. Let's say nothing happened.
2008- Everybody is a mod, supporters become hstaff, staff get demoted. Still have lots of pictures!
2009- Everybody is Todoroki, and we get to use the Cheribii Forums theme!
2010- SlowpokeCommunity theme, everybody gets Slowpoke avatars and all, boards switched around. Pulled the prank the 3rd.
2011- Applesauce day.
2012- Lerroux.
2008 > 2009 > 2011 > 2010 > 2012

In retrospect, Lerroux was really rather a vain prank on behalf of us staff at the time. It was a lot more enjoyable for us than it was for everyone else, after all, and seemed a little condescending looking back.

Still, we do April Fools better than 99.99% of the internet, I'd say. Certainly better than any of our contemporaries.

Applesauce Day is definitely my favourite of the two April Fools' pranks I've been a part of. It was relatively simple but had such a massive impact on the forum as a whole, as it affected everything and caused so much chaos! Lerroux was OK, but very convoluted for what it was. So much effort! I liked it, but Applesauce Day definitely had a charm about it that is going to be hard to replicate next year and in future years.
That is really true. Applesauce day did have an innocent type of charm about it, and I think that's why I feel the way I do now about the Lerroux prank, because it was such a contrast.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Are we really planning what's for april fools next year already? o_O I don't even have time to read up what's the PC Christmas celebration this year yet haha. I should look into it as Christmas holiday seem pretty boring so far (sigh) so I should see if PC has something fun going on lol.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
2006 was the best prank we ever pulled. It was unmitigated chaos and people were still freaking out about it days and weeks later. 2012 was pretty much an inferior copy of 2006.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Best pranks are only the ones that aren't right on April 1st, as people become guarded about it. Well, at least I tend to take every news with a grain of salt on April 1st on the internet haha.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
As one should. I remember the BBC pulled a prank a fair while ago. They should a video that seemed to be a discovery of the first flying penguins on the South Pole. It was a really convincing video as well, so I imagine lots of other people (especially ones considerably older than me) were convinced as well. Since then, however, April 1 has always been 'NATIONAL SCEPTICISM DAY' in my eyes! :P

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I'm positive I check in on PC every day, but for some reason I don't remember any of those pranks post-2007 except for the Slowpoke one :X

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I've only been around long enough to witness one prank, and I missed it. Though I'm told it was pretty much stupid so that makes me feel better xD

2012 prank? is that the word filter one?

<><><>

I still need to survive until Friday and I think I may have outright failed the exam yesterday... I guess that we'll see how things go =(

Computer Assembly Language and C/C++ exams left to go!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Finals end for me on Friday, but after that I get to go see an amazing play called A Christmas Chaos :D.

Pretty much everyone in the cast I'm acquainted with, so its like a comedic run-through with old friends lol. Shouldn't it be nice?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My time off for Christmas starts soon...within a week or so, I believe. I honestly don't remember when it begins. :T

Being homeschooled means I don't always get vacations and days off when the local school does. So I'm glad to have around 2 weeks off for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back