• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Favourite Place to Train?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
There are many potential places to grind up your Pokémon's levels in Hoenn and Kanto, but where are some of your favourite places to train your Pokémon, whether it be during the main story, or post-E4 grinding to level 100?

Turboblaze

Blazing Aura
Years
Hoenn has a bit more of a grind to level 100 because of the lack of the consistent vs seeker fr/lg has but in r/s/e I just battle the e4 repeatedly and of course in fr/lg I just spam the vs seeker on sevi islands 6-7.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I haven't played FRLG in a while, but in Emerald I just battled all the breeders and rangers that wanted to rebattle. That sufficed for the elite four. After that I didn't train anymore lol.

Years
I remember there weren't too many good places to train in Sapphire, so any time I wanted to level up my team, I would generally take them through the Elite Four. In Fire Red, my two main training spots were near Ember Spa on One Island, and in Sevault Canyon on Seven Island. Both were right near healing spots and had decently strong trainers to face, so that's where most of my training was done.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
My preferred training area was the area of Ember Spa up to Mt. Ember in LG. Plenty of Rapidash and Fearow there with lots of experience to give, as well as the occasional Magmar. And even the Ponyta there gave a healthy bit of experience.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't have a specific place. I like to battle Gabby and Ty over and over. That's tons of fun. :3 I never play FRLG so I don't really remember where I grinded, I'm afraid.

Years
On Saphire and Emerald I'd love to stalk the journalists who were supposed to stalk me, and after some rounds with them I go back to the breeding area battle the breeders and those runners with Dodrio's and in the meantime breed some pokemons

On Firered/Leafgreen I trained on the cycling road with those bikers while I was breeding aswell

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
On Ruby and Sapphire, I always rebattle the trainers so that my team is strong enough to fight Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Legendary Pokemon. It is good for farming money with the Amulet Coin.

Haven't played through Fire Red and Leaf Green yet so I wouldn't know.

Number Infinity

Equal to Zero
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2013
I always train on Route 1/ Route 101 its just the feeling of knowing that you did it wrong that makes it awesome.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
As much as I really love Gen III, I think it has the worst places to really train xc

I love the rebattle feature on RSE, but it's pretty pointless if your internal battery died like mine have D:

However, I really love Mt. Battle on Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness!​

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
In RSE, the Victory Road is good for training before the E4, and later, rebattling the E4 is the only good training spot IMO.

In FR/LG, there are three awesome training spots:
1) Route 16, left of Celadon City, there are 6 trainers next to each other. The VS-seeker can reach them all, and battling them over and over again makes leveling really easy.
2) On kindle road, next to the cave entrance, there are a few blackbelt trainers who give a lot of experience. There's also a healing spot in the cave.
3) On Island 7, next to the house of the guy with the Chancey, the two cooltrainers have really strong Pokemon.

blue

gucci
Years
In Emerald, I would always use Gabby & Ty and then the Routes South and West of Mauville City, you would always have trainer to re-battle there.

Years
Training is really, really hard in R/S/E. It's easier in Lg/FR because of the VS Seeker and story after the Pokemon League. I like to train in Victory Road in R/S/E.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Maybe the Elite Four, since after you get too high leveled, wild pokemon are weak and don't do much, I also like to face off with Steven in Meteor Falls in Emerald :D xD

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Secret Base trainers. Currently one of my ongoing project is to fill up every Secret Bases on my saves. Hard to find completed save games though.

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
In FR, I'd go up to the Ember Spa and rebattle the 2 Black Belts and the Crush Girl. Then I'd run inside, heal my Pokémon in the spa, run back out and voila! The Vs Seeker is fully recharged!

Back