The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 30th, 2012 (09:14 AM).
amoran93
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
Take it to one of the hack checkers in trade corner. They know what to look for.
Ok, thank you! I'll get on that

3DS Friend Code:
4038-6207-6687
Old December 7th, 2012 (09:15 AM). Edited December 7th, 2012 by Cyclone.
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I'm trying to figure out how to go about this, so I'm going to seek advice.

I have three boxes full of babies, including some of my baby Volt Tackle Night Daze Zoruas (legit. too) and 14 Charmanders. I also have some unneeded (but not baby) Pokés in a couple of other boxes, as well as two boxes that contain all of my legendaries (these are for cloning specifically); eventually, I'll add a box full of Events.

I am getting ready to start up a trade shop, but knowing the work involved might be in over my head getting one started. However, my question is how to go about emptying my boxes. My trade shop will be a breeding shop, and will include a service whereby one can get either a perfect baby of virtually any species or any Egg Move that can legitimately be bred (the latter would involve some research by me on chain breeding in specific cases). I'll also have a Legendary Corner or somesuch.

What I want to do is get rid of the Pokémon that are NOT babies and are NOT legendaries or Events.

Am I better off setting up the trade shop now in order to do that (particularly since I have about two boxes-worth of babies among the Pokés), or should I post a giveaway (no babies yet, trade shop exclusive) in the QT thread? I have to compile all of the information first before doing either, just wondering what you guys think the best option is.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 7th, 2012 (01:32 PM).
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
tl;dr...I want to do is get rid of the Pokémon that are NOT babies and are NOT legendaries or Events (from my boxes).

Am I better off setting up the trade shop now in order to do that (particularly since I have about two boxes-worth of babies among the Pokés), or should I post a giveaway (no babies yet, trade shop exclusive) in the QT thread? I have to compile all of the information first before doing either, just wondering what you guys think the best option is.

Cyclone
If you're giving away massive amounts/variety (species) of Pokémon, then I'd suggest making a giveaway thread. No need to bother making a grocery list in QTT.
Old December 7th, 2012 (01:50 PM).
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Volt Tackle Zoruas (legit. too)
There's no such thing as legit Volt Tackle Zorua.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old December 7th, 2012 (07:13 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
There's no such thing as legit Volt Tackle Zorua.
Crap - I meant Night Daze Zorua (mixed it up with Volt Tackle Pikachu, which I also have).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 8th, 2012 (07:55 PM). Edited December 9th, 2012 by roosterman.
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

hey, anyone remember how to change a trade shops name? i'm gonna completely transform my boring trade thread into something unique and amazing!

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old December 8th, 2012 (08:08 PM).
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
You can't do it. You have to contact one of the mods to get it changed.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old December 12th, 2012 (09:10 AM).
RingoH

A few weeks ago my son "found" my copy of Colloseum somewhere... I REALLY wish I knew where it has been, I have not played it since before he was born (and he's now 2). Last night I managed to locate my memory card with my old save file on it, and quite happily spent a few hours leveling up some of my pokemon. It is making me REALLY want to learn to RNG in GEN III. I played with RNG in Emerald as I wanted some decent Ditto's and in my opinion they are just much easier to catch in that cave in Emerald than in the Gen IV games, but at the time I was consistently off by a dozen or more frames... and just felt that in the long run it was barely worth it. However, I had forgotten how much fun it is to climb Mt. Battle and watch your levels go up quick since each trainer typically has four or five Pokemon. (I know... EV training is near impossible in this game... )

So... Does anyone here have decent experience with Gen III RNG abuse and have any words of wisdom?

Secondly:
Most of my Pokemon I caught in Colloseum were caught using the games Master Ball glitch. Are these considered hacks for the sake of trading here?
Old December 12th, 2012 (09:24 AM).
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoH View Post
A few weeks ago my son "found" my copy of Colloseum somewhere... I REALLY wish I knew where it has been, I have not played it since before he was born (and he's now 2). Last night I managed to locate my memory card with my old save file on it, and quite happily spent a few hours leveling up some of my pokemon. It is making me REALLY want to learn to RNG in GEN III. I played with RNG in Emerald as I wanted some decent Ditto's and in my opinion they are just much easier to catch in that cave in Emerald than in the Gen IV games, but at the time I was consistently off by a dozen or more frames... and just felt that in the long run it was barely worth it. However, I had forgotten how much fun it is to climb Mt. Battle and watch your levels go up quick since each trainer typically has four or five Pokemon. (I know... EV training is near impossible in this game... )

So... Does anyone here have decent experience with Gen III RNG abuse and have any words of wisdom?

Secondly:
Most of my Pokemon I caught in Colloseum were caught using the games Master Ball glitch. Are these considered hacks for the sake of trading here?
This is a guide I found on smogon. Hope it can help you with it
Old December 12th, 2012 (09:47 AM).
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
This is a guide I found on smogon. Hope it can help you with it
Smogon was quite helpful. I RNGed Gen IV before I ever attempted Gen III. I've even RNG abused my ID in Gen V (for vanity reasons only not a specific spread). On the surface Gen III seems easier, because it's a factor only time, and hitting the frame right. Very different from hitting a time AND delay in Gen IV. Also, not having to change the time every time you don't hit the frame you are looking for is nice. However, my first attempts were hours of resetting (I kept a very low frame to practice on... only around 30 seconds), and just never hitting it. Having access to being able to level up on Mt. Battle feels worth trying this again though.
Old December 12th, 2012 (10:14 PM).
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoH View Post
Smogon was quite helpful. I RNGed Gen IV before I ever attempted Gen III. I've even RNG abused my ID in Gen V (for vanity reasons only not a specific spread). On the surface Gen III seems easier, because it's a factor only time, and hitting the frame right. Very different from hitting a time AND delay in Gen IV. Also, not having to change the time every time you don't hit the frame you are looking for is nice. However, my first attempts were hours of resetting (I kept a very low frame to practice on... only around 30 seconds), and just never hitting it. Having access to being able to level up on Mt. Battle feels worth trying this again though.
Well, Some RNG abusers have said before, RNG in gen III may take hours and days just to get one pokemon but it is worth as some pokemon can only have a certain move in gen III like ST Chansey . Keep trying, I know you will get it. And sorry for not posting the link, i guess I was so sleepy that I forget to post it but there it is
http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.p...gmessage149537
Old December 14th, 2012 (05:19 AM).
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
Well, Some RNG abusers have said before, RNG in gen III may take hours and days just to get one pokemon but it is worth as some pokemon can only have a certain move in gen III like ST Chansey . Keep trying, I know you will get it. And sorry for not posting the link, i guess I was so sleepy that I forget to post it but there it is
http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.p...gmessage149537
Thanks for the link, that is acctually very helpful looking! I was thinking you meant the guides on the main Smogon site for RNG in general (Which is where I learned GEN IV and GEN V).

The longest part of Gen III abuse is that it doesn't rely on date/time combination, but time from when you start the game. So, if the spread you want only shows up an hour after re-setting, you have to wait an hour. For attempting to learn RNG on Gen III, I was selecting spreads roughly a minute in. I wanted (and still want) to learn this primarily as a way to get a collection of Ditto's with two or more perfect stats (Yes, I know a perfect Ditto in all states might be ideal), and I was able to find a spread with two perfect stats in roughly a minute of waiting. I have tried different timers (I prefer a Java timer to the Eon timer), but it just seems a little hard to get right. I am always off by about 10 to 20 frames each time. Yes, that was what it was like the first few times trying to hit delays when I was RNGing in Gen IV...

My newest desire to learn Gen III is so that I can level up to 100 on Mt. Battle (Just feels so much quicker, a game cube controller is much more comfortable in my hand, and my two year old likes to watch me play it on the TV). But I will also keep in mind being able to get moves that are now exclusive to Gen III that way.

Thanks again.
Old December 27th, 2012 (07:25 PM).
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Guys. GUYS. MAKE THE CHAT LET ME BACK IN! D:
/lonely

- - - -
Old December 27th, 2012 (10:00 PM).
Absol
Community Supporter

It's good to have you back in the chat Griffy ;)
Old December 29th, 2012 (12:36 PM). Edited December 29th, 2012 by roosterman.
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

you know its really awkward when you're playing over wifi with a friend while he doesn't know voice chat is on and his dad comes in and tells him he's ordering pizza hut and after you hear his dad leave he starts singing his "i love pizza hut" song...

EDIT: aw, sweet! some japanese guy was so desperate for an american ditto that he traded me his arceus!

"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old December 30th, 2012 (12:22 PM).
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Once I was in a wifi battle with sound on...my opponent heard me chuckling evilly and knew he was gonna be in trouble so he tried counter-predicting me. And it worked. NEVER PUTTING SOUND ON AGAIN. EVER.

Luke STILL hasn't done what he was supposed to so I STILL can't post my latest rng. GRRR. Bad boy!

- - - -
Old December 30th, 2012 (01:20 PM).
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
Once I was in a wifi battle with sound on...my opponent heard me chuckling evilly and knew he was gonna be in trouble so he tried counter-predicting me. And it worked. NEVER PUTTING SOUND ON AGAIN. EVER.

Luke STILL hasn't done what he was supposed to so I STILL can't post my latest rng. GRRR. Bad boy!
Is he waiting for everyone to get their gifts in? D:
Whoever hasn't gotten their presents in yet, get it in now! >:[
Old December 30th, 2012 (01:47 PM).
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

I miss the chatroom ;c

too bad I can't connect till Jan 1st :/

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

Pair | Family
Old December 30th, 2012 (01:52 PM).
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
I miss the chatroom ;c

too bad I can't connect till Jan 1st :/
Gonzo!!!! I miss you!!!
I got the Pokémon fever again! ♥
Old December 30th, 2012 (01:59 PM).
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post
Is he waiting for everyone to get their gifts in? D:
Whoever hasn't gotten their presents in yet, get it in now! >:[
what gifts? i didn't forget something important did i? i hate being the guy that forgets to bring a present.

Old December 30th, 2012 (02:10 PM).
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

That was a chatroom thingy, not sure if you visit TC's IRC channel.

クリムガン

Pair | Family
Old December 30th, 2012 (02:31 PM).
Absol
Community Supporter

Gonzo!! Can't wait to see you back in chat again. :D
Old December 30th, 2012 (04:02 PM).
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post
Gonzo!!!! I miss you!!!
I got the Pokémon fever again! ♥
Yay! Good to know you're back, Mia:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveeevee View Post
Gonzo!! Can't wait to see you back in chat again. :D
Can't wait to see you there, too!

just two more days :D

クリムガン

Pair | Family
Old December 30th, 2012 (07:02 PM).
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

2 days ain't long! We need your smart-alek comments cuz Mac isn't around to spout off!
...did I just go there? Oh damn.

- - - -
Old December 30th, 2012 (07:52 PM).
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

aw man, i can't load chat rooms ): but where are my smart alec comments needed? i'm prepared to deliver! hehe *devilish grin that i don't know how to type* he!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links