The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Old December 12th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Forever

Okay so this is based off the idea that Hail is now okay for everything! So for Drizzle/Drought/Sandstorm, imagine that they're allowed in every tier, meaning Vulpix/Hippowdon's pre-evo and Politoed could be used in every tier, bypassing the tiering based upon usage. How do you think this would affect competitive play? Do you think it would get stale easier, or do you think certain Pokemon would shine easier in tiers other than OU? Would this make people not want to play competitive as much, with weather everywhere? Or does this give an opportunity for changes to each metagame - even bans of Chlorophyll + Drought, and SS + Sand Rush? Discuss.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old December 13th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Griffinbane
FEAR THE PILOSWINE

Nature: Lax
Rain, rain, rain. Find yourself up against team full of bulky or fast swift swimmers unprepared and prepare to feel pain. You would have to counter somehow, by either bringing out your own weather setter or setting up Trick Room. Cresselia works really well here so I would suspect its usage will skyrocket. It can tank both physical and special attacks fairly well and set weather so it's a potential weather counter against many weather teams but especially useful against rain teams because of the sheer number of swift swimmers. Actually, Cress can counter sun and tailwind teams for the same reason. Sandstorm teams may actually up in usage because of Cress. Tyranitar to set sandstorm and counter Cress (Pursuit or no), the rest of the team to take advantage of Trick Room if it's a trick room set.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old January 4th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
If drought was allowed in the lower tiers than Sawsbuck,Charizard,Exeggutor and Leafeon would be in UU and most water types would be in one tier lower than they already are and water types in NU would be the least frequently used pokemon.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links