• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Battle Server Support

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Battle Server Support
General Info

・The PokéCommunity's battle server can be accessed via this link.
・Watch this video to understand the basics of how the battle server works.
・Submit "/help" in the chat to see most of the commands.
・Use this command list for bot help.
This GitHub repository contains majority of the battle server's code.

Rules

・The rules are up to a staff member's interpretation. If you disagree with how a staff member has enforced these rules or if they abused their power in any way, contact a senior staff member via private message. Please talk with the staff member in question first in the case of personal issues.
The PokéCommunity Rules apply to the battle server. However, there are exceptions. Mild profane and inappropriate content are allowed in moderation.
・Sexually explicit and extremely violent or vulgar content is not allowed. This includes comments with a clear reference to sexual intercourse, as well as usernames with a clear reference to genitals or sexual intercourse. Inappropriate topics must be kept at a minimum, and may never be the main subject of discussion if explicit.
・Profanity is allowed in moderation.​
・Avoid submitting messages that don't contribute to the chat. This includes, but is not limited to, advertising, repeatedly hitting the "Battle!" button, unnecessarily repeating the same message or breaking up a message into multiple lines to an excessive degree, using broadcast commands such as "!data" that are unrelated to the current topic (use a "/" instead of "!"), and threatening to enforce disciplinary action if not staff.
・Official chat rooms are English only. Other languages are allowed in battle rooms, private messages, and unofficial chat rooms.

Staff

Submit "/staff" in the chat to see other usernames.

・Administrators
[a id]seniorstaff[/a id]・Battle server senior staff hold the same responsibilities as mods, as well as manage the battle server by making final decisions on various matters (e.g. promotions), performing maintenance, etc. Please contact one of the following members via private message for ban appeals.
PokéCommunity Admins manage the PokéCommunity, and as a result, oversee the management of its battle server. Please contact a member of the administration if you have a problem with one of it's staff.​

・Moderators are community leaders that enforce the rules, contribute and participate in the community, and provide feedback on staff decisions.
@gimmepie
@Filthy Acts At a Reasonable Price
@Levea​

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Minor update to the rules: profanity is no longer allowed on the server. Simply put, PC itself doesn't allow it, so the battle server shouldn't either. I have never seen any good come out of swearing on the server anyway.

edit: Swearing is no longer banned, but excessive swearing is not.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Some of you may be wondering what happened to everyone's user statuses. Nica and I agreed to put more thought into server promotions and be more selective when it comes to picking out server staff. Voice will not be given out to everything that moves for example. Additionally, the first batch of promotions will be done on the next Community Day (sometime before Christmas), which gives us enough time to thoroughly discuss these promotions and figure out who is a "regular." Hopefully you guys will understand!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I just wanted to post about doubles randbats (and VGC) support on the server now given that a lot of the regs online just then didn't know about it and it's something people ~crave~. Just challenge someone and it'll be near the bottom of the formats list. Plus it is the INFO thread technically!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
It turns out that the ladder has been working for who knows how long, but some people are still unable to see the ratings for some reason. Nonetheless, the ladder-related Community Emblems will start being given out soon. Just note that the "Ladder Ace" emblem won't literally be handed out to anyone that gets into the top three because it's incredibly easy to do that on smaller leaderboards. There will likely be a restriction where the top ten can't be provisional (the text can't be faded) and they have to have a rating of +1500. I'm not sure how that would work out, so I'm holding off until the ladder gets more use. Additionally, the "Hall of Fame" from the previous ladder will likely be revived, but with a different name to avoid confusion from PCL's Hall of Fame.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
If any drivers+ are around Pave Low needs unmuting from earlier still haha.

So how does this work? I want to battle someone.. (This is my first day in Pokecommunity)
Connect to the server and then simply ask for a battle. You can click someone's name and press "Challenge" to challenge a specific person, or you can click "Look for a battle" at the side and if someone else is also searching for a battle, you'll be put in battle against each other. Not everyone wants to battle all of the time and it's most random battles that are searched for at the moment, so if you don't find a battle right away just be patient and you will :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I'm announcing that I will now be giving out the ladder-related emblems found in this announcement.

Additionally, the "Hall of Fame" from the previous ladder will likely be revived, but with a different name to avoid confusion from PCL's Hall of Fame.
This will also be put into effect. Basically, it's an archive of the top 5 at the end of each month. Hopefully the leaderboard will change a little over time so that it won't be the same people again and again.

All of this only applies to the Random Battle ladder, as the other ladders are not used enough.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Just a small update: a user needs to complete 50 rated battles before they can get the "Ladder Addict" emblem. Previously, there was no specific requirement.

Thereaperofdeath19

The Rookie
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2018
say is this for the Nintendo DS or the hacked games since i am not smart when it comes down to this online pokemon stuff?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
say is this for the Nintendo DS or the hacked games since i am not smart when it comes down to this online pokemon stuff?
First of all, this isn't Pokemon Online, it's Pokemon Showdown, a better online server imo.

And this is a simulator, it simulates Pokemon battles by having them online, there is a Hackmon tier & sometimes, Wi-Fi tournaments but this is simply building a team with the teambuilder provided & battling other users, simple ;D

Anymore questions? I'm a regular there & I'll gladly help ya out ;)

Last edited:
Years

The server can not only be used for battles, but it also has a chat feature where you can chat with fellow PC members.

You can also build teams or even try Random Battles.

There's also different user ranks there:

~ - Administrators
% - Drivers
+ - Voiced

Those without a symbol near their name are regular members, which are therefore the lowest in the rank. There's also rules you have to follow there, alongside the global PC rules.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
The server can not only be used for battles, but it also has a chat feature where you can chat with fellow PC members.

You can also build teams or even try Random Battles.

There's also different user ranks there:

~ - Administrators
% - Drivers
+ - Voiced

Those without a symbol near their name are regular members, which are therefore the lowest in the rank. There's also rules you have to follow there, alongside the global PC rules.
Ah yes but that's just Hikari-knowledge, there are also ranks such as......

@ - Moderator
& - Leader

but we currently dont have those yet

If you are to join, I recommend u learn how to battle with the tier known as NU (NeverUsed) since we specialize in that.

Last edited:
Years
Hi, I was wanting to connect on the battle server, and while I can get onto the Lobby Screen, when I try to enter a username, I get an error message saying I'm not authenticated, and then asks for a password. I've tried my PC password to no avail.

I've been reading some of the articles in the forum, but still can't seem to find a solution...

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
What username are you trying to use?

Pokemon Showdown has a 'universal network' so if I register the name "Fire Flyy" no one else can use it on any server if they don't have the password that I originally registered with.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So apparently there are timestamps, which can appear ugly. If anyone wants to turn them off it's with the following commands:

To turn them off - /timestamps off
To put the timestamps on in minutes - /timestamps minutes
And to put the timestamps on in seconds - /timestamps seconds

They'll appear as default when you enter the server, which is apparently a new thing!

(This is like the first thing I've ever discovered how to turn off/on without checking somewhere, I'm so proud of myself tbh).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I just want to add in a note regarding data spam. I haven't discussed what action can be taken yet in regards to it but I want to let you guys know that being voice, and being able to use !data is a privilege, and shouldn't be abused. Only use it if you need to check the data of something, not spam it whenever you get a chance. As you'd know, the data command uses up a lot of screen space, and can disrupt conversations if used too often. Keep that in mind, or we might need to work on a way to disable the command if this keeps up.

Also, on another note, I noticed there's ways to allow and block challenges, which can be useful to challenge spammers that some of you face.

To block: /blockchallenges
To allow: /allowchallenges

Back