• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Genaration 6 "Wants"

which new or old feature would you like to see in Generation 6?

• Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,HG,SS

Votes: 126 65.6%
  • Berry Trees Back

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Multiple Regions

Votes: 117 60.9%
  • Battle Frontier return

Votes: 78 40.6%
  • New Starter types

Votes: 75 39.1%
  • Dark type Gym Leader

Votes: 100 52.1%
  • Tournament instead of elite four

Votes: 60 31.3%
  • Return of team rocket

Votes: 58 30.2%
  • New eeveelutions

Votes: 92 47.9%
  • New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)

Votes: 106 55.2%
  • All

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 44 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Out of the options available, I went for 'New starter types' and 'Dark-type Gym Leader'. The latter, I'm not massively concerned about, but it would be nice for every type to finally have a dedicated Gym. Even Normal-type has its own Gym and that's the most boring type imaginable! The new starter types, however, I'm really interested in. Even if it was a DPPt-style change where there were just cool secondary types (like Grass/Flying, Fire/Poison, Water/Dark or something), any form of change in this area would be most appreciated.

But the biggest thing I'd love to see happen in Gen VI (even though it's never going to happen) is to have the ability to run from wild Pokemon battles before going through the 10 seconds of animation involved in getting your Pokemon out to battle. It's only 10 seconds (and probably even less), but there are often so many wild battles that I just cannot be bothered with, and the ability to run at the soonest stage possible is something I'd absolutely relish. It's never going to happen, but I can dream...

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,HG,SS - I'd like it, but I doubt it would be implemented again anytime soon
Berry Trees Back - I'd like it I suppose, to allow us to continually have berries.
New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.) - 3v3 is enough, and having any higher than that would be very silly.
Multiple Regions - One region is enough, and plus, the game cards don't have enough space for two "full" regions I believe.
Battle Frontier return - I wouldn't play it much even if it returned, although I might play Battle Factory some, but otherwise, I'd be okay either way.
New Starter types - No. Just no. Fire-Water-Grass is fine, and it's a staple of Pokemon.
Dark type Gym Leader - It'd be nice, but what gym number would it be?
Tournament instead of elite four - No, yet again. The E4 setup is good, and I'd hate tournaments.
Return of team rocket - I wouldn't like this one at all if Team Rocket returned.
New Eeveelutions - It'd be okay, but having a Dragon one would be to "over-powered" so I don't think they'll have one for Dragon.
New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys) - It'd be okay, but I still kind of like the obligatory plot line that has been in the games since the 1st generation.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I really want to see some kind of Costume customization.
Not just random trainers, but actually being able to mix parts of trainers you've defeated together, for example, Giovanni's hair, With lance's cape, and Brocks clothes.

Following pokémon needs to return.
And there needs to be more mini games, like pokeathlon and the gamecorner.

Speaking of which, Game Corner's need to make a comeback, seriously, SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY!!

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Speaking of which, Game Corner's need to make a comeback, seriously, SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY!!

Gamecorner with slots, not a minesweeper clone. *nod* (Although I did spend 6 hours on that one day...)
The slots probably won't happen on the English games because "oh-my kids are learning irresponsible gambling in a game"... =(

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS
Sure, why not.

Berry Trees Back
That should really be good. We don't need to use Dreamworld in order to get those berries. I wanna plant them myself (except if the battery died.)

New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)
That would be redundant.

Multiple Regions
That I'd rather not have. Multiple region content sucked in Pokemon Gold and Silver, but they made an improvement on the remakes. If they're gonna go for multiple region, then it better not be as bad as it was in Gold and Silver.

Battle Frontier return
Haven't bothered with Frontier.

New Starter types
Game Freak seriously needs to knock it off with Fire/Fighting type starter. That is getting redundant as ever. Let's make it like Grass/Psychic, Fire/Steel, and Water/Dark.

Dark type Gym Leader
It needs to freaking happen, Game Freak. We need a Dark type Gymleader.

Tournament instead of elite four
That would be a replacement if it were to happen, only if you gain the experience points.

Return of team rocket
Nope.

New eeveelutions
Don't care.

New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)
Doesn't matter to me that much.

As for the Game Corner, DEAR GOD NO! We don't need Game Corner anymore since we're allowed to use TMs as many as we want. Why want a Game Corner that is luck based? It's stupid as Mystery Mastery Books in Maple Story.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I wish the Pokemon following you feature would return, I actually liked the idea,but only this time, they should give people the option on whether they want their Pokemon to follow you or not. I wish for the Pokemon Battle Frontier to return; I've loved that idea as well as Pokemon Super Contest and the Pokeathlon. The berry feature from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was great as well, I wish they put that in Pokemon Black/Black 2 and White/White 2.

:t354:TG

Years
I really want the 'follow me' feature back, I loved that in HG/SS. Multiple regions and the Battle Frontier would be cool as well, and so would Team Rocket and a new storyline.

Cid

Years
Ticked pretty much everything in the poll except berry trees back and new starter types. I wouldn't like the former because I like what they did with HG/SS better, while I wouldn't like the latter because I'd prefer that they stick with the tried and true formula.

What I would really want to be back would be the Pokémon-walking-behind-the-player feature and each game including more than one region. A new story line would be a nice change of pace, too. And most importantly, a Poison-type legendary, preferably a kickass one aesthetically and in battle. I don't have any other particular ideas apart from those mentioned so I think that will be my wishlist for now.

Years
I would like a fable style storyline. Where you have the option of being either good or evil at some point in the game. The new starter types would be a major change. I would a psychic, dark, and steel starters. They may not be the triangle but it would cool

ExMedic

Don't trust me
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 30, 2014
Pokemon following you: Quite possibly my favourite part about playing HG/SS, I'd love to see it again.

Berry Trees Back: I quite liked this too, but I never had the motivation to actually use it properly.

New Battle system: It would be nice to see if some new mechanics could be developed for battling.
However, I didn't really enjoy Rotation or 3v3 battles.

Multiple Regions : THIS. Either tracking back to a previous region or have the course of the story set over two new regions. Hell, they could make what region you start in version exclusive. They could really play with environments then.

Battle Frontier return: Never really cared much for it honestly.

New Starter types: Could make for an interesting change, I think. Either that or a change to now starters are received and how many are actually available.

Dark type Gym Leader : I never actually noticed that there hasn't been a Dark-type Gym Leader. Suppose it doesn't matter to me so much anyways.

Tournament instead of elite four: This could also prove quite interesting. The four trainers you would face on the way to the champion would be constantly changing, and I would suppose that each would have fairly balanced team, as opposed to the set type-based Elite 4

Return of team rocket: I think Team Rocket's had enough of a go in the previous games.

New eeveelutions: They should probably add them in until there's one for every type, thought I suppose that'd mean they'd have to bring in more evolutionary items and methods.

New storyline: There's a few problems I have with the current story lines - for the most part, the age of the player's character. I find it hard to believe that a 10 year old would be capable of dealing with criminals, travelling on their own, and training and controlling up to 6 possibly dangerous animals at a time. I wouldn't mind if the stories also got a bit darker, and actually appealed to a older age group.
Not only that, but there needs to be a bit more than 'collect badges and fight some baddies on the way'. It could be nice if pokemon had some more edge to it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Hi, a few things I would like to see

No more HMs, they are the most unfun element in the game, they don't let you have on yout pokemon the attacks you want, and make you waste a slot on an hm slave.

A different story, that still makes sense and doesnt contradict the previous games.

For example, a plot in which a gym position has become vacant because its leader has been promoted to the elite 4, you begin the game as an already important trainer, and you have to compete with the other 2 trainers for that position of gym leader.

I think it would be cool if the 3 starter pokemon were gimmicky, for example, to give you and your rivals no particular advantage, the 3 starter pokemon would have no weaknesses.
One dark-ghost like sableye, another a levitating electric pokemon like elektross, and a normal pokemon with an ability that makes it receive neutral damage from fighting attacks.

Years
I'm probably in the minority here as I wouldn't want multiple regions. It'd seem artificial and come close to invalidating the fun of earlier games.

As for one not mentioned, I think there should be more HMs (e.g. a Fire-type move that allows you to traverse lava/magma deposits, a Bug-type move that allows you to walk across spiderwebs without getting stuck and having to battle spider-like Pokemon), an analogue to Dig that allows you to actually dig underground, find secret passages, explore, etc.) as well as a card-battling system (not an in-game Pokemon TCG) or something else that you could play with NPCs, like the card minigame in Final Fantasy VIII.

I'm also in favor of a Battle Frontier, a Dark-type Gym Leader, a new storyline, new Eeveelutions, Berry Trees, and a new battle system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back