Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support
Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 29th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Well you could just look at the profiles.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/member....me=StarryNight
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member....hroughTheNight

There's a bit filled out in the About Me and a few posts on StarryNight so that shouldn't be difficult, and the other has a few favorite Pokemon to check with.

Edit: RoamingThroughTheNight and StarryNight have matching IP addresses, but don't match yours, if that helps. But if you've moved since you made them that would explain that.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old November 29th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
Well you could just look at the profiles.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/member....me=StarryNight
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member....hroughTheNight

There's a bit filled out in the About Me and a few posts on StarryNight so that shouldn't be difficult, and the other has a few favorite Pokemon to check with.

Edit: RoamingThroughTheNight and StarryNight have matching IP addresses, but don't match yours, if that helps. But if you've moved since you made them that would explain that.
Thank you this is exactly what I meant by looking at the accounts.
The do appear to me be, StarryNight has made a few posts naming my Silver team and that my Gold and Silver died both of which are true of me.
RoamingThroughTheNight has no posts, was only made a day before StarryNight but does share StarryNight's title and three favorite pokemon which are also accurate. So I assume I came to dislike the name very quickly, that has happened.

As for my IP not matching no I have not moved since '08 but I have gotten a new computer since, and we have since switched wireless networks, a couple of times actually if memory serves. I think we were still DSL in '08 and we are Cable now. We have also since changed our Cable wireless network(which is how I get it on my laptop) because somehow the first one disappeared from signal. So that's probably why.
I used to be Tears in the Rain
actual join date: Nov 2009
"This is not a gift! It's an infection, a disease!"

My screenshot album
http://pinterest.com/darknesswithin/pokemon-games/

Last edited by Liquid Halo; November 29th, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old November 30th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I've seen various things in different boards, and was wondering what this whole member-of-the-year thing is. I guess you could say I'm relatively new to the forum (in comparison to a lot of people here xD) so I was just curious what this is about and how it all works.
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old November 30th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
It's a poll of course!

It all starts with voting in the polls in the individual sections, and when the voting period ends, the 3 users who get the most votes in the categories there then get nominated in those same categories in the main MOTY poll which can then be voted and the member who gets the most votes wins that category in the poll.
Nah that's not how it works this year. This year there are the section-specific categories, that go in their respective sections. Later tonight the official MOTY thread will go up, which will have the overall categories, and you vote for the overall categories there. Everything specific to one section will go in that section and nowhere else.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:14 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Ok I have 2 questions.

1, "We are STILL working on a BETTER slogan"
now these few words tells me one thing. Did we actually use to have a different slogan?

2, How does this happen?
PC Supporter status 6?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=61572
Credit |Kitty Pair | VM/PM | Photobucket | Theme
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

1. I wasn't here for the beginning, but I assume the original was "We're working on a better slogan!" Then this one happened and it stuck and it'll never change.

2. You have to donate 75 dollars I think? May be more. But either way it's a donation tier just like the rest, just a lot higher.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Ok, where do I post a thread for help on the RPG Maker VZ that I have problems with, since I can't find any forums of it.
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

I suggest the Game Development forums, but I recommend reading the rules around there as well.
pair: Sheep
【=◈︿◈=】
Old November 30th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Don Bastio
Banned

i was thinking about getting a ds and pokemon black or white 2 and i was wondering how much backwards compatibility it has with gen 4. im assuming gen 5 pokemon cant be sent to a gen 4 game but can you battle? also is it worth getting a cheap original ds or ds lite to get gen 3 pokemon and send to a gen 4 game to be sent to a gen 5 game?
Old November 30th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bastio View Post
i was thinking about getting a ds and pokemon black or white 2 and i was wondering how much backwards compatibility it has with gen 4. im assuming gen 5 pokemon cant be sent to a gen 4 game but can you battle? also is it worth getting a cheap original ds or ds lite to get gen 3 pokemon and send to a gen 4 game to be sent to a gen 5 game?
You can't connect Gen 4 and 5 games together to battle. Only for transferring Pokemon over to the later generation.

For future reference you should use the Quick Questions sticky in Pokemon Gaming Central or in the specific game forums.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 01:04 AM
pokemonlovergeneration1
Give Feedback on my posts!

Nature: Adamant
Hey guys! Quick Question...in your opinion what would pokemon would you like to see in a pillowpet form? In my opinion I would like Charmander to be out there.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 01:08 AM
Hikamaru
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonlovergeneration1 View Post
Hey guys! Quick Question...in your opinion what would pokemon would you like to see in a pillowpet form? In my opinion I would like Charmander to be out there.
You may want to bring this up in Pokemon General.

Just read the rules first or contact Toujours (the mod of that section) if you have further questions.
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Biggggg5
Unhatched Egg

I can't seem to find one that is up to date so I will ask. where I can I find someplace I can request action replay codes? Specifically for Pokemon XD.
Please help my dragons!
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
We don't give out Action Replay codes in the Spin Off section. You'll have to use Google, I'm afraid.

paired to crono
Old December 10th, 2012, 06:01 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Ok I posted in a blog awhile back is there a way to unsubscribe to it? I have a notification and it's for the blog and I can't find it and hate when it says I have notifications up there.
My Trading Thread ---> HERE
I Clone 6th Gen.
Name: ~RNC~ Y 3DS FC: 4012 5688 9276 Safari Pokes: Dragon: Druddigon, Shelgon and Fraxure
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old December 10th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

That's from a new feature that an admin is working on. The notification will stay there until it's fixed.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old December 10th, 2012, 06:09 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

So that may mean I haven't posted in a blog? Cause to tell you the truth I don't remember posting in one at all.
My Trading Thread ---> HERE
I Clone 6th Gen.
Name: ~RNC~ Y 3DS FC: 4012 5688 9276 Safari Pokes: Dragon: Druddigon, Shelgon and Fraxure
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

You probably didn't, as we all had the same ghost notification.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
That's from a new feature that an admin is working on. The notification will stay there until it's fixed.
Are you sure it's going to stay? I checked in on it, and it seems to have cleared, and I'm at 0 notifications now .-.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Well then that means he fixed it, lol.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old December 15th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Is there a way I can set it so the background is the default, so it changes as the default one changes?

Wonder Trade!!!
Old December 15th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Hikamaru
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinta77 View Post
Is there a way I can set it so the background is the default, so it changes as the default one changes?
Go to "Edit Options" in the User Control Panel, then scroll down to "Forum Style" and select "Use Forum Default".
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Thanks for the help =) I'm gonna do that

Wonder Trade!!!
Old December 16th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Honeyman

Is there any way I can check if any of my posts have been liked?

Supporter of crappy banners
Old December 17th, 2012, 12:01 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

In the links bar at the top of the page, there should be a drop down menu on the far left labeled "User Options". Click that, then select "Control Panel Home". If your style lacks these links, then there should just be "User CP" in place of "User Options" in the bar, and you would just click that.

Once there, scroll to the bottom of the page. Your likes should be visible from there.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here