The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:38 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen were remakes of Pokémon Red and Green, which were released in 1996. They were released in 2004, 8 years later, in the third generation of Pokémon. Would you rather have waited until the forth or fifth generation for these remakes? Do you think that the better features they could have contained would have been worth the wait? What other features do you think would be added/changed if they would've been released later?
Old November 15th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Pingouin7
¬‿¬
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
No, I would not rather have waited until 5th Gen.
Because then, it would not be possible to get Mewtwo in Gen III.
(And I prefer getting legendary birds from FR/LG than from XD)
Old November 18th, 2012, 02:50 PM
gossamer

I think it came out at a good time, I enjoyed those games so much and am actually replaying FireRed at the moment, these games are just so good!
Old November 19th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
I think they came out at a great time, personally. They were nice for the time, however they set a nasty tone for the future, and if you've been reading the RSE remake speculation thread, you know what I mean. Apparently there's a pattern to some people lol.

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Brendino

Nature: Quiet
I think they came out at the right time, and were best suited for a 3rd gen release (I personally don't think D/P would have faired as well if there wasn't something bridging the gap between them and Emerald). That, and you truly wouldn't have been able to "Catch 'em all," as many of the original Pokemon couldn't even be found in Hoenn.

That being said, I can't help to think how much nicer the games would have been if they saw a DS release in the 4th gen, and that very well may have pushed HG/SS back to the 5th gen, or even later. Graphics wise, Fire Red/Leaf Green would have looked a lot better, and the Sevii Islands could have possibly been more expansive than they already were (might have even had enough extra space to add the Orange Islands, instead), but I'm still happy with what we ended up getting.
Old November 20th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Don Bastio
Banned

you never know, they could make a LightningYellow for ds. that would be pretty cool lol
Old November 21st, 2012, 09:23 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I think it came out at a perfectly great time because Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire included Kanto and some Johto Pokemon and we needed a game to include more Kanto and Johto Pokemon so we can complete our Pokedex's. Hopefully they'll make a remake of Ruby and Sapphire so we can experience Hoenn in the 5th generation.

:354:TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:05 PM
KitsuneLugia96
Trainer Silver

I think it came out at the right time. I liked the fact that the remade the 1st gen games back in 2004, with new graphics. I remember when it came out, and I got it and started playing it. The graphics were amazing! I liked it a little better than Sapphire and Ruby. I don't know what I would have done if Pokemon FR/LG didn't come out at that time. I would have had that level 100 Charazard I still have in the 4th generation games for 8 years.

POKEMON SILVER SHADOWS
Pokemon Hack Series - Silver's Journeys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zADnU40NuYw&feature=plcp
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:06 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
I never played these games so I would'nt really know if they are good or not. but I'd want them, personally, made later so I could enjoy them in 'this moment's' graphics.
Old December 14th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Rain Dancer
Wanderer

Nature: Calm
Right time, yes! I agree.

Who knew we'd be going back in time after RSE, and getting those elusive first 150's in our GBA's.

Good times
Old December 14th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Tman109ner

Sure there could of be some cooler features but it came out perfect time, allowed for almost all pokemon to be caught and some other things to happen outside the game.

Check Out My RP: Revolution
Credit to PopPrincess_Lyra over on Serebii for the banner.
Old December 14th, 2012, 01:40 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think they were released at a pretty good time. There had been a long enough wait from when the original games were released that they could be enjoyed by all without feeling too repeated. If they were released later, I'm sure the mini-games like Pokémon Jump would get a big upgrade.
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I think they came out at a decent time. I would have been willing to wait until gen 5 though.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old December 15th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Serperion
The Fallen King

They were released when they were there is no changing that and to be honest it doesn't really affect pokemon as a whole does it? remakes are remade versions of old games to keep up with the compatability of the new games, nowadays you can obtain every pokemon (minus event pokemon) via Fire Red, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Ruby, Diamond, Pearl, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black and White which on most cases you'll only need half of because of the post-story in the other games.

Should Beauty ever be my best feature I would simply die
Old December 15th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
That would mean postponing HGSS until atleast 2016 and by that time it would just be messed up.

Old December 15th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I think they were released at a pretty good time. There had been a long enough wait from when the original games were released that they could be enjoyed by all without feeling too repeated. If they were released later, I'm sure the mini-games like Pokémon Jump would get a big upgrade.
Totally agree with ya. They were released at a suitable date, when people were starting to miss the originals a lot.

The time meant they could be successfully enjoyed without being too repetitive.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old December 15th, 2012, 09:31 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
If they are remade I think it would be epic if it was the last game (whenever that'll be) since it would have been the beginning and the end but with a new storyline and everything so it would be the best game ever (even though Hoenn is my favorite region) that would be the best situation ever but I doubt that'll happen...
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
It was realeased on time, because R/S didn't contain the rest of the Pokemon who were axed from the Hoenn roster, combined with the fact that GBA games were incompactible with old GB games.
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM
SoraTheTruth

Nature: Naive
I want to see they're remakes too, and we know no more pokemon on DS, so Pokemon X and Y graphics for any on coming remakes till a new hand held is released, but i think the next remakes to come will be Ruby and Sapphire
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Seppy
Unhatched Egg

I actually don't care when they did the remake, neither if they made it. Pokémon Red and Green at the time when they came out the first time was still a great game, yeah it didn't have the modern graphics and the new features, but still was good. Remake or not, it's always liked i think. I mean, if they did it in third generation or in forth, what's the difference? New graphics and features? It would still be a great game anyway.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:57 AM
satotaku
Generation 1's last hope

If it had been released later we probably would have seen the following

1. Online

The big addition we could have seen if FR/LG was a Gen IV game was the addition of online functionality, which would have been a huge plus for a game that was calling upon the nostalgia of the players, you would be able to experience in a whole new way.

2. 3D

Imagine how amazing this title could have looked if it had the benefits that HG/SS had, true we got to explore Kanto in HG/SS but I still would have liked to see the Sevii Islands rendered in 3D.

3. GTS

Along with online we'd see the process of trading become a much simpler prospect through Gen IV's GTS.
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I actually really, really, really enjoyed playing FR/LG. I don't think it would have made much of a difference if it had been released within these years. Had it been released for the DS, let's say, all we'd see are a few minor updates, and, of course, updated graphics, which is a plus, but I think people play more for the actual story line. Remakes are always nice, and I think FR/LG came out at the perfect time. Reliving Kanto was amazing. Like SoraTheTruth said, I wouldn't mind remakes of the remakes of FR/LG. Talk about remakeception. xD
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

It's unfair to say they could have waited until gen 4 or 5 to remake gen 1 because of two reasons

>FR/LG supplemented the R/S (and later E) Pokedex

>We have the gift of hindsight. We know what the plans were between 2004 and now so it's VERY easy to say "They could have waited so the remakes could have had moving sprites and wifi battling". Nintendo's never been one to get ahead of itself. When video game companies get ahead of themselves, you get StarCraft Ghost.
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:43 PM
hpstr
Unhatched Egg

I think the release was at a good time!
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
It was at a great time, but I would love to see the games in the way that X and Y are.

Sponsored Links