• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Majora's Mask Discussion Thread (aka the world is ending)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
It's amazing how all these predictions based on zero evidence of any kind cause most of us to go all "I'm sure nothing will happen but I'm a bit worried just in case". Amazing how the human mind works.

Ah well, planetary catastrophes don't come out of thin air so if something were happening, I'm sure someone would have picked it up by now.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I think I read somewhere that the Mayans celebrate the end of an era, not the end of the world, on the 21st. I'll try and dig up a link later if I can.

I HIGHLY doubt that the world is going to end on December 21, I got a yogurt that expires on December 24.

ahahaha this is my favourite post

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
All calenders have to end at some point, end of story. Literally there's nothing more to it.

I'm honestly baffled at how much traction this has managed to sustain with that knowledge in peoples heads.

Even if you're are only talking about in jest, there are a lot funnier things.

Why give it any attention at all?

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
^ what counterfeit said, and also it's just ridiculous. I can't believe there are people who are actually preparing for this and whatever, people are seriously delusional.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I doubt all of this is real so. :T
Though I'm curious...do you guys think any people will off themselves to "escape" from dying in a more painful way?

Years
I think I read somewhere that the Mayans celebrate the end of an era, not the end of the world, on the 21st. I'll try and dig up a link later if I can.

ahahaha this is my favourite post

A Bak'tun ends on the 21st. Think of it like a really long Mayan month - like their version of New Year's Eve. The Calender itlself goes on and on for Octillion of years. (And yes that's an actual number)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It's a mis-understanding hyped to hell and back by modern society.

They meant it's the beginning of a new cycle, in which humanity would awaken to all the corruption and **** controlling the world today, and damn they were accurate. Look around.

Paradise on earth. Not only the maya, but many indigenous cultures around the world point the same thing. Again, look around, it's been really hectic lately. Climax before the conclusion.

My thinking is, let's wait and see, because ultimately having an opinion on this doesn't really matter much. Let's go into the new mayan Bak'tun cycle and see what it brings.

Happy galactic alignment everyone.

This has me thinking about what's really going to happen in Dec. 21. The world is not going to end, and instead, it will be the end of the U.S. government because of our bad economy. It then creates a domino theory to other governments, thus ending their government. Everyone will be free from their corrupted masters and will do whatever they want with no rules to restrict them, which will eventually lead to their own demise after failing to fix environmental issues in which they have created.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I don't think the world is going to end next week and the winter solstice is just a coincidence i think.But this thing has been hyped up so much that there are going to be some stupid people going around and starting riots making it unsafe to go out.

Our civilization will end some day no doubt but it will probably be due to overuse of our environmental resources.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The mayans made a calendar that each ends in a cycle of 5000-something years. And the last one they made before mysteriously disappearing just happens to be on 2012.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think all this is silly. So a long Mayan calander ends, why do people think the world will end just because of that?The world is not going to end. I think the Mayan civilization simply vanished before another calander could be made and that's all there is to it.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Frankly I'm kind of tired of all this. I talk to people all the time that actually believe in this. What are they doing with their last week? Sitting in class and studying for finals. Is that not enough to say they really don't believe the world is going to end?

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 3, 2019
There are so many different theories as to what will happen it simply isn't believable anymore (not that I believed in it at all). It's fear-mongering at its best. Y2K didn't happen, 6/6/6 didn't happen and neither did this "rupture" that was meant to happen at least 4 times last year...

Also, I'm pretty sure the Mayan's never said it will end, rather, it will change. There are so many different stories that I really don't see any truth in it at all.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Eh, it's okay, the Doctor will save our butts from some form of apocalypse of our own creation.

Years
I second Counterfeit's post.

This "end of the world" conspiracy is pointless, I mean 06/06/06 didn't happen, and neither did Y2K, so I know this won't happen either. The Mayans are celebrating the end of an era, not the end of all humanity, like what Razor Leaf said.

Also, like what Yoshikkko said, this is all a silly joke.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I think all this is silly. So a long Mayan calander ends, why do people think the world will end just because of that?The world is not going to end. I think the Mayan civilization simply vanished before another calander could be made and that's all there is to it.

That's what I think, too. If one thinks about it, the Mayans have died out before they could carve up a new calender, namely due to the Spanish Conquistadores back then. Though, I'm not certain if that's how the Mayans died off. If anyone knows for sure, please tell me.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
NASA has confirmed that on December 21st, in late afternoon, the sky will turn very dark, it is an interesting phenomenon called "night".

Gave me a quick giggle at how hilariously outrageous people are who truly without a doubt believe in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back