The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner Go here to Roleplay (RP) about ANYTHING. Enjoy joining and creating RPs.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:43 AM
PinkSapphire
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to PinkSapphire
What first drew you to roleplaying?

My boyfriend who was just my best friend around that time, but he showed me the fun of roleplaying, then a few months later he showed me this site, and now i'm here~

sorry i dont answer so often here anymore xD i'll do now, since i have my computer back and such :3
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Zeyon
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Hm, I've been thinking about making a Persona RP for a while now, buuut I'm just not sure how it would work yet!
Persona?! I LOVE YOU! It is SO HARD to find people who've even HEARD of that game, let alone express interest in it! I've played every single Shin Megami Tensei game that's been made, thus far. I would definitely be down with this.

@Leaf: Okay.. so, I've been working with who I intend to bring on as AGM with my Pokemon: The Eternal Journey plot. We've actually revamped a good bit of things since my initial postings. We've dropped the concept of The Master Trainer, to avoid a conflict of interest. The Master Trainer was going to be the male trainer that you play as through Pearl. The conflict presented itself that, if this were the case, /my/ interpretation of how The Master Trainer handled things is completely different from how everyone else's did. The Antagonist Organization; previously named The Ascension Corporation, has been completely redone as well. They are now called The Shamans -- benevolent name, mysterious, and doesn't tie them to any alignment or previous Organization; IE: Team Rocket or Team Galactic.

The Master Trainer has since been shifted merely to, "The Champion", as in, Pokemon League Champion. The reason he was taken out, is because of multiple facets, really. The primary -- and main reason that brought The Shamans in -- was his control over the Legendary Pokemon. Another aspect, was his sheer ability as a Pokemon Trainer. He was, the best in the Region. No one came close.

More information is still being worked on, as we're still in the planning stage.. but the majority of things have been finished, even down to the Pokemon stat and level structure. More details will be released, the closer we get to submitting the idea for approval, and then accepting applications for players. Again, in my initial posting, I stated that I was looking for two or three more people to assist me with this. Since then, only one person has taken the time -- and interest -- in working with me on this. I can still work one more person in to the fold to assist with this, and give them more of a Narrator approach, to help keep the plot going, introduce new elements, and assist with NPC control. If interested, please send me a PM, and we can try to get all information forwarded to you to get your opinion on the plot as a whole, and then work on finalizing everything.

I'm being scarce on big details as best as I can right now, because if all the information is given in the planning stages, then the element of shock and interest will fade, since everyone will know what to expect. The full details will be released, once all of the planning is completely done, and the idea is submitted to the forum Mods for approval. Suddenly, you get an "Oh, this is new.." *opens and reads* "Holy hell..! I want to play!" <--- Well, that's what we're hoping anyway.. Heh.

HeartGold, Black, and Black 2 FC's Coming Soon!
Old December 10th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Eeveemaster9
Years of Lies

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveemaster9
What first drew you to roleplaying?

Gosh, that was.... Six years ago? I cannot even remember why I started roleplaying... Even at that age, I was certain I would become a writer when I was older. (I was that strange kid on the block who had no female friends, and hung out with a boy at my school who was at least five years older than me. We were the bestest of friends!)

I suppose it was because I felt like it was just one step to help me become a better writer in the future. I have definitely seen an approvement each and every year.

How do you go about writing your in-character posts? Your Sign-Ups?

Creepy, I know... But I spend the day acting the way my character would act. I literally become that character, and experience what it feels like. Then, writing the post comes naturally. It's not so much "What would **** do" but rather, "What would I do if I was ****"?

What types of roleplays do you like?

The sadistic ones.

What traits do many of your characters seem to share?

You're asking me to calculate the average trait between my 80+ characters? No. Even if I took the characters from my current roleplay... That's twenty people right there...

Uh, the inability to be fazed by magick? Is that a trait?

Why do your write? For fun or for some other reason?

I don't want to sound like a chinese philosopher.
Old December 10th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
(just want to make a quick post but if there's a RP of Persona I'll like to try RPing, though I only played Persona 3/4. Surprised there's not a lot of threads or anything-anywhere on PC about Persona/SMT series D: )
Old December 12th, 2012, 08:52 AM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

Nature: Lonely
It's currently my One-Year Anniversary to joining PC~!

It's also one of the last repetitive dates for a long time, 12/12/12.

I'd just like to say, in my year of PC, it's been wonderful. You're all fantastic people and fun to RP with!
Old December 12th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
It seemed like you've been here for three tbh xD

How about a topic to celebrate, yeah?

Nakuzami asked this but people leaned over to "What drew you to roleplaying?" so imma take that xD: What types of roleplays do you like? Maybe one with lots of action/fighting, one with good plot, or one where everybody interacts! Why?
Old December 14th, 2012, 07:22 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
I've recent'y drafted a completely original RP (although I will admit the style of characters etc was based loosely on Final Fantasy) and I wanted to both make sure you can make RPs like this on here and gauge interest.

Basically you can play either as an oppressed Gladiator who competes for the entertainment of the people or you can play as a member of the military loyal to the royal family. The story is fairly lose giving a lot of freedom to RPers although major story events exploring both this tension and the tension between nations will occur. It is a little more detailed then that but that is a brief synopsis of the story.

What do you guys think? Is this kind of RP even allowed? PM me if you want more info.
Old December 14th, 2012, 07:53 AM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
I've recent'y drafted a completely original RP (although I will admit the style of characters etc was based loosely on Final Fantasy) and I wanted to both make sure you can make RPs like this on here and gauge interest.

Basically you can play either as an oppressed Gladiator who competes for the entertainment of the people or you can play as a member of the military loyal to the royal family. The story is fairly lose giving a lot of freedom to RPers although major story events exploring both this tension and the tension between nations will occur. It is a little more detailed then that but that is a brief synopsis of the story.

What do you guys think? Is this kind of RP even allowed? PM me if you want more info.
Pretty much any RP is allowed here, excluding any X-rated themes.

As for that idea, personally, I think there should be a little more emphasis on the story, but that's just me.

In other news, I think I'll accept a few more sign-ups on the Zelda RP.
Old December 14th, 2012, 08:48 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

I don't think I aid it right, there is a prevailing and important story, it's just that it comes in pieces and between those pieces you have the freedom to do pretty much anything that won't mess around with the storyline too much.

If I send you my draft could you maybe help me make it more appealing?
Old December 14th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
Yes, original roleplays are very much welcome, just as any franchise that has at least some followers here. It's a good thing to ask in this thread first, to gauge some interest pre-release.

As such, I've mashed together some old VR ideas, discarded the SAO angle on the whole thing and come up with what's in the spoiler below. And this would allow more character interaction and more freedom than my other RP Checkmate does, where I'm pretty much narrating everything as the GM :p

Spoiler:
AURABOUND
rated M

We say that the universe is infinite, and that if there are boundaries to it, they are too far away for us to ever be able to leave. We are bound to our universe, as our auras are bound to our bodies. Well, that is what most say, at least. But there are a few people who are fated to step outside of our reality and enter another one, fated by the very fabric of paradox cosmos. Sounds complicated? Yes. But don't worry. All the details should become clear in due time. For now, let me just tell you about these few fated people. Let's call them the Players.

[... text I won't spoil until whenever the RP actually gets posted... ]

You are about to embark on the greatest of quests, the Ultimate Quest to solve the Ultimate Riddle. Your universe is not what you thought it was. Or rather, it doesn't work like you were told it does. You are about to get thrown out of it and pulled into another Medium, where many new Lands await you, filled to the brim with monsters of uncharted power and mystery. Unless you happen to have played a Pokémon game in your life. In that case, these monsters will appear quite familiar to you. Indeed quite very familiar. Ever wanted to become the greatest trainer? Now is your chance to become much more than that. Let's call it a god.

[... rules, more explanations and stuff that will be in the real thread... Basically, this RP will be quite long, confusing and hopefully thrilling. Superpowers ahead!!]

Is there someone who thinks they would consider joining such a RP?

trust me, I am the Doctor !
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis

Last edited by Doctor; December 15th, 2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old December 14th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Bold
If there's any interest in a One Piece themed RP, I've been working on one for awhile.

The plot I had in mind would be the assembly of a pirate crew where players would take up a role as one of the critical positions in the crew with characters of varied backgrounds. It would take place 90 years after the death of Gold Roger but in a slightly alternate timeline, so the existence of certain prominent people would be nonexistent and the events that occurred during the anime and manga were very different or didn't happen at all. Since the destruction of various renowned pirates of the past, the World Government expanded its control of the world and has a greater influence on the seas, namely the Grand Line.

Players would band together for a variety of reasons, all with the collective goal of breaking into the Grand Line and traversing the Gauntlet of Liberty, another name for the Grand Line in order to pursue the crew's dreams and one particular goal in particular that is revealed early in the RP when the crew is coming together.

I plan for it to be somewhat sandbox-ish, with the crew encountering various events that involve the crew's goals and obstacles that could prevent the crew from continuing their journey, but I do have a progression path in mind after the crew forms at the first setting.

If this interests anyone, let me know. The RP itself is almost complete and I should be posting it soon.

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGH...

In a world without substance, a nonsense signature is only appropriate!
Old December 14th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Skymin
the knight

Nature: Quirky
Speaking of plots, I've been tweaking my own RP in the works myself. I just watched Summer Wars and LOVED IT, I've been reading a lot of Ao Ex and playing heaps of Persona so...

I'M JUST CRAZY.

GOODBYE MY FRIENDS ILL MISS YOU :'( / being human finale
my art blogi'll draw your character for $5!tumblr
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner / Atlantis Awakening / Paired with firelordyago
Old December 15th, 2012, 01:49 AM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
I just watched Summer Wars and LOVED IT
Summer Wars is my favorite anime movie, GOD did I love it!

.../offtopic
Old December 15th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

So no thoughts at all on my RP xD back to the drawing board, then.

Quote:

Sounds like it could be an interesting RP if you have a well thought out story and maybe explain a bit about the world and culture we'd be playing in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
If there's any interest in a One Piece themed RP, I've been working on one for awhile.

The plot I had in mind would be the assembly of a pirate crew where players would take up a role as one of the critical positions in the crew with characters of varied backgrounds. It would take place 90 years after the death of Gold Roger but in a slightly alternate timeline, so the existence of certain prominent people would be nonexistent and the events that occurred during the anime and manga were very different or didn't happen at all. Since the destruction of various renowned pirates of the past, the World Government expanded its control of the world and has a greater influence on the seas, namely the Grand Line.

Players would band together for a variety of reasons, all with the collective goal of breaking into the Grand Line and traversing the Gauntlet of Liberty, another name for the Grand Line in order to pursue the crew's dreams and one particular goal in particular that is revealed early in the RP when the crew is coming together.

I plan for it to be somewhat sandbox-ish, with the crew encountering various events that involve the crew's goals and obstacles that could prevent the crew from continuing their journey, but I do have a progression path in mind after the crew forms at the first setting.

If this interests anyone, let me know. The RP itself is almost complete and I should be posting it soon.
I haven't read much One Piece, but pirate RPs always sound fun, if they are orchestrated in a good way.

Quote:
Speaking of plots, I've been tweaking my own RP in the works myself. I just watched Summer Wars and LOVED IT, I've been reading a lot of Ao Ex and playing heaps of Persona so...

I'M JUST CRAZY.
You're not crazy, you're totally right. I watched the Digimon movie before I saw Summer Wars though, so I couldn't help feeling like it was a copy of that :p Then I found out that the same person who did the Digimon movie made Summer Wars, and it all made sense xD It's a really cool movie, methinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
HEY, HEY SKYMIN.

Just wanted to say, I love you babe, you are liek teh sexiest person alive!

Love from your hausbando.

PS. I don't like Daniel, he's ugly. XD

zsafl d;gh;lgj j
I can't help having a feeling that you guys are in a skype convo atm.

Old December 15th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Skymin
the knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
So no thoughts at all on my RP xD back to the drawing board, then.
I don't know a lot about homestuck except that i helped kickstart that game and i basically got to the part where... meteors? not very far. ):

Quote:
You're not crazy, you're totally right. I watched the Digimon movie before I saw Summer Wars though, so I couldn't help feeling like it was a copy of that :p Then I found out that the same person who did the Digimon movie made Summer Wars, and it all made sense xD It's a really cool movie, methinks.
I love the whole online/offline personas of people so I'm trying to create something unique without feeling like I'm just copying SwiftSign's SAO plot ): ): ):

Quote:
I can't help having a feeling that you guys are in a skype convo atm.
I can't help having a feeling that he may be drunk.

Moderator of the Roleplay Corner / Atlantis Awakening / Paired with firelordyago
Old December 15th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Quote:
I don't know a lot about homestuck except that i helped kickstart that game and i basically got to the part where... meteors? not very far. ):
asdjaslkdjla ok I get it, I shouldn't say that it's based on Homestuck because everyone who has never read it just flees then instead of giving the RP a chance >.< You don't at all have to have read it, I would take away the crazily strange terminology and just leave the concept of jumping into a game, becoming a superhero and creating a new universe, which is an awesome concept if you ask me.

Quote:
I love the whole online/offline personas of people so I'm trying to create something unique without feeling like I'm just copying SwiftSign's SAO plot ): ): ):
Hmm. Maybe you can do it more like SAO's second season. They aren't stuck in the game there and thus go about their lives in the real world as well. It could be interesting, maybe leading to misunderstandings and whatnot?

Quote:
I can't help having a feeling that he may be drunk.
awesome

Old December 15th, 2012, 08:09 AM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

Ichiro's Hangover post in 5... 4... 3... 2...
Old December 15th, 2012, 09:46 AM
SV
Moshi Moshi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post

You had me at One Piece. Make, and I will most likely join. (If I have time. Which I guess I do.)

Moshi Moshi
Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old December 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Skymin
the knight

Quote:
asdjaslkdjla ok I get it, I shouldn't say that it's based on Homestuck because everyone who has never read it just flees then instead of giving the RP a chance >.< You don't at all have to have read it, I would take away the crazily strange terminology and just leave the concept of jumping into a game, becoming a superhero and creating a new universe, which is an awesome concept if you ask me.
Oh. Now you say that THAT SOUNDS PRETTY COOL! Ill give it a read when I get home from work today (woke up at 9, have to be at work at 10 dash dash dash)

Quote:
Hmm. Maybe you can do it more like SAO's second season. They aren't stuck in the game there and thus go about their lives in the real world as well. It could be interesting, maybe leading to misunderstandings and whatnot?
That's what I'm kind of doing so far

Old December 15th, 2012, 11:12 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

This is a direct quote from the draft I have done of the RP I mentioned, I thought maybe if explained the gameplay a little bit more you could perhaps help me out a bit more suggestion-wise

Quote:
In between major storyline events or minor objectives directed towards your character you will mostly have the freedom to do whatever you wish. Minor objectives unless directed at your character will not HAVE to be completed by all characters however major events in the storyline will need to be followed through by everyone they concern.
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Quote:
This is a direct quote from the draft I have done of the RP I mentioned, I thought maybe if explained the gameplay a little bit more you could perhaps help me out a bit more suggestion-wise
If it's a RP focusing on building relationships between characters in an ancient roman/greek/something setting, then I think it sounds nice ^^ Sounds like how most RPs work, to me. The thing for you to do is probably to make the setting and premise feel alive and interesting enough to lure players to join. Maybe don't give all of the story away in the intro, but save some for the players to discover later. Naturally :3

Old December 16th, 2012, 08:44 AM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
I just looked at my Prof. Layton RP, and it was awful. I was tired when I wrote it! So now, I've been working on a Pokemon Mystrey RP set in Sinnoh. How many people would be interested in that?
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:39 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Quote:
If it's a RP focusing on building relationships between characters in an ancient roman/greek/something setting, then I think it sounds nice Sounds like how most RPs work, to me. The thing for you to do is probably to make the setting and premise feel alive and interesting enough to lure players to join. Maybe don't give all of the story away in the intro, but save some for the players to discover later. Naturally :3
The setting has a lot of similarities to that I suppose, but it is also more technologically advanced with some things we are not even capable of... sort of like what if the roman empire stole passive technology from 2500 years from now. It is similar to the way FFX is done in that most combat etc is still done with archaic weaponry whilst other things are using very impressive machinery. Sorry but I don't want to give to much away in here haha

That's kind of how I thought it should be done, by giving away the plot bit by bit as the game progresses. Thanks for all of your help
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM
machomuu
Gungnir!

Quote:
It is similar to the way FFX is done
Does this mean that we'll be able to use Sports Balls and Teddy Bears to destroy giant monsters?
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Quote:
The setting has a lot of similarities to that I suppose, but it is also more technologically advanced with some things we are not even capable of... sort of like what if the roman empire stole passive technology from 2500 years from now. It is similar to the way FFX is done in that most combat etc is still done with archaic weaponry whilst other things are using very impressive machinery. Sorry but I don't want to give to much away in here haha

That's kind of how I thought it should be done, by giving away the plot bit by bit as the game progresses. Thanks for all of your help :)
Oh! I was actually thinking of suggesting that you'd implement some cool technology or something xD Now this certainly sounds even more fun. Np ^^

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links