• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] [C++ and Ogre 3D] Castle Forge 3D

Years
CASTLE FORGE

Intro:
Castle Forge is a voxel based game, after 7 months I decided to revive this using much faster algorithms and a better scripting front.

Gameplay:
The gameplay is mostly sandbox styled (eg. Destroy and build using block voxels) but unlike minecraft, I shall add different voxel types (spheres, wedges, steps, ect.) to make the terrain look a little more realistic (yes, I do realize that minecraft has steps in it.)

Features:

Well currently a VERY large map and a large fps (around usually over 100 fps) (the map size I use currently is 256x256x256)
Added a "chunking" system (chunking means breaking the map into smaller peices (32x32x32 in my case and half that for minecraft (excluding the Y factor which is 256) )) this makes the game rendering much more easier to render meaning more speed!

Bugs:
None

Screenshots/Videos:

Videos:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Credits:
Hansiec -- All the scripting done (minus that of what visual c++ 2010 express includes and what ogre includes)
NoisePP -- Perlin Methods

Help Needed:
None for now

Release:
Current release: Version 1.0 Beta (Old beta)
Note: This is old, but is left out for anyone who is interested in what it did look like.
Download here: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/198969-castle-forge

Last edited:

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Nice game you got here but a few questions:

1. Add the http://www. and then the link to your downlod

2. I don't see any transport system in the features (minecarts as an example...)

3. Will you be adding stuff such as wedges/spheres/ect instead of only blocks?

Years
Nice game you got here but a few questions:

1. Add the http://www. and then the link to your downlod

2. I don't see any transport system in the features (minecarts as an example...)

3. Will you be adding stuff such as wedges/spheres/ect instead of only blocks?

1. done

2. Yes they will be added

3. Maybe (the wedges are a yes because I'll use them for steps.)

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Why not just play Minecraft Classic when it's already there? It's even free to play on the official website. Unless you're adding your own personal touches or something of the like, it makes no sense as to why you're creating this in the first place.

Ally NPCs (Castle Defenders?) and sidequests (Millénare?) are already available in mod form. Plus, they're not that hard to install. Besides, Notch said that an Adventure Mode (quests) will be added sometime in the near future. If you check out the Minecraft Wiki, Adventure Mode is in the "planned" section of features..

What I'm getting at is, why make a Minecraft clone for the same exact platform on which Minecraft was designated, when there is already a free version hosted by the official Minecraft team?

Minecraft Official Website

Last edited:
Years
Why not just play Minecraft Classic when it's already there? It's even free to play on the official website. Unless you're adding your own personal touches or something of the like, it makes no sense as to why you're creating this in the first place.

Ally NPCs (Castle Defenders?) and sidequests (Millénare?) are already available in mod form. Plus, they're not that hard to install. Besides, Notch said that an Adventure Mode (quests) will be added sometime in the near future. If you check out the Minecraft Wiki, Adventure Mode is in the "planned" section of features..

What I'm getting at is, why make a Minecraft clone for the same exact platform on which Minecraft was designated, when there is already a free version hosted by the official Minecraft team?

Minecraft Official Website

Good point but here is why:

I'm adding:
Vehicles
Better objects (Spheres/Wedges/ect.)
Custom ally settings
Custom Village settings
Custom Timeline (Medieval,modern,future)

And I am expanding my scripting knowledge with this.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years

Good point but here is why:

I'm adding:
Vehicles
Custom ally settings
Custom Village settings
Custom Timeline (Medieval,modern,future)

And I am expanding my scripting knowledge with this.
That makes sense, and I see that you're using this as a standing ground for your programming knowledge. In a way, this is basically your way to broaden your horizons. That is understandable. However, your following words:

Vehicles
Custom ally settings
Custom Village settings

are already implemented into mod form. Although, I do like your idea of custom timelines, as I (at least to the furthest extent of my knowing) have yet to see features like that. It would most likely be a popular function, and I myself would enjoy it.

Moreover, I like your progress. I just thought you were making an exact replica of Minecraft Classic.

Years

That makes sense, and I see that you're using this as a standing ground for your programming knowledge. In a way, this is basically your way to broaden your horizons. That is understandable. However, your following words:

Vehicles
Custom ally settings
Custom Village settings

are already implemented into mod form. Although, I do like your idea of custom timelines, as I (at least to the furthest extent of my knowing) have yet to see features like that. It would most likely be a popular function, and I myself would enjoy it.

Moreover, I like your progress. I just thought you were making an exact replica of Minecraft Classic.

No I was trying to make a sandbox style game it just ended up as looking like minecraft classic. But if you got any ideas I'll add em in.

Years
That's like saying "Hey Game-Freak, why make another Pokemon game with these features if there is a rom-hack/fan-game with them?"

It's a great way to expand your coding language and to start off, and although I don't know much about game development and coding myself, it looks great. I'm even surprised you managed to replicate the game concept and design of Minecraft with GameMaker.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
That's like saying "Hey Game-Freak, why make another Pokemon game with these features if there is a rom-hack/fan-game with them?"

It's a great way to expand your coding language and to start off, and although I don't know much about game development and coding myself, it looks great. I'm even surprised you managed to replicate the game concept and design of Minecraft with GameMaker.
Well, how do you even know if Game Freak knows that some of these amazing (I mean amazing because I think our community has far surpassed and succeeded the official games) games/ROM hacks even exist? Sure, a member of the team could have viewed this site, or for all I know anyone of the PC members could be a team member of Game Freak. Now, yes, it is a great way to start off programming/coding/scripting/etc. But, at first glance, this looked like a project aiming to be an exact replica. But, as the creator stated, he originally intended this to be a sandbox style game. I applaud the creator for that. But, Game Freak hasn't even come close to the features our community has implemented. If Game Freak were to think about not creating another Pokémon game because a hack or development already had those features, they wouldn't care because it doesn't bring in money. Sure, it's a slap on the face and suggest that they make something better. Though they couldn't know if these fangames exist, they still make Pokémon games because they are for lucrative purpose. Since the fangames don't bring in money, they will continue making their own. Unlike Game Freak, the Minecraft team already has an official modding API. In this sense, they support modding, whereas Game Freak frowns upon it.

With that aside, it is amazing that the creator was able to recreate block sandbox physics into GameMaker. It is easily the best I've seen yet with the exception of third-person free-roam games on the program's website.

Lastly, for suggestions on features, I would like to see the following:
-Fully customizable character (define head/torso/pants/shoes/etc.)
-More randomly generated structures (like castles/shops/underground villages)
-Minigames (Not sure what exactly, but maybe something like defending a castle from a zombie invasion)

Last edited:
Years

actually the basic system (creating/destroying blocks) was somone named Laurens not me I added onto this ALOT which makes mine better than 90% of those you see with game maker.

Lastly, for suggestions on features, I would like to see the following:
-Fully customizable character (define head/torso/pants/shoes/etc.)
-More randomly generated structures (like castles/shops/underground villages)
-Minigames (Not sure what exactly, but maybe something like defending a castle from a zombie invasion)

1. Ok (as soon as I get the player's graphics setup)
2. I was intending this (but the underground ones is unike to me)
3. Alright if I get ideas for these then I shall do this.

Oh yes the original engine is here: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/162646

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years

actually the basic system (creating/destroying blocks) was somone named Laurens not me I added onto this ALOT which makes mine better than 90% of those you see with game maker.

1. Ok (as soon as I get the player's graphics setup)
2. I was intending this (but the underground ones is unike to me)
3. Alright if I get ideas for these then I shall do this.

Oh yes the original engine is here: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/162646
Wow, you have done a considerable amount of changes. Just by looking at the screenshots is enough to see that you have changed a lot of it.

I thought this project interesting, as I use GameMaker. Back when Mark Overmars was the owner of this program, it was the only program I would ever use. I still use it today, but as technology evolved, so did game making utilities. Then, I started using RPG Maker, the Quake engine, and a few others I can't remember at the moment.

Nice progress from the base engine you started out with!

Years

Wow, you have done a considerable amount of changes. Just by looking at the screenshots is enough to see that you have changed a lot of it.

I thought this project interesting, as I use GameMaker. Back when Mark Overmars was the owner of this program, it was the only program I would ever use. I still use it today, but as technology evolved, so did game making utilities. Then, I started using RPG Maker, the Quake engine, and a few others I can't remember at the moment.

Nice progress from the base engine you started out with!

Yeah I improved dungeon structures even more, I use 5 "layers" to create them I'm also considering making floating platforms in the sky.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Seems like a good idea.
Perfect way to try out your own coding, and the screens look good (I'll try it when i have times).

Years
Bump ~

I decided to get back to this, and well, I finally got something going with ogre and c++

to show exactly what I've done:

The terrain size is 256x256x256 (much larger than before)

Anyways, if a mod could change the title from [Game Maker] to [C++ and Ogre 3D] it'd be nice.

(I didn't see any rules about me not being able to bump my own thread, forgive me if I am wrong.)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
You're always allowed to bump your own thread, providing there is enough updated status in it, to be worth while and I'm totally sure that changing the engine you're using and upping the size a lot is a good enough update, no sarcasm intended, or there.

Looking at the video, it would be nice if that big crater in the middle of the area had water, or lava, or some kind of filler.

Finally, will you be upping the map size any more?
I know it's a silly thing to ask, but look at minecraft and terraria, there maps just keep on going, and going. I'm sure it's infinite, but it takes up alot of space, if it gets to big.

Either way, it all looks good!

Years
Since I am low on textures at the moment, the white is really sand (or stone if underground) and the flat crater you see is actually water.

Anyways, I do plan on making it go on forever. (including height wise if enough people want)

Thanks for the positive comment : D

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Since I am low on textures at the moment, the white is really sand (or stone if underground) and the flat crater you see is actually water.

Anyways, I do plan on making it go on forever. (including height wise if enough people want)

Thanks for the positive comment : D

Forever height wise doesn't seem as good.
In my opinion, it would be better to add different styled areas further down.

So, Stone area 1/3, then Some obsidian or something and bedrock 2/3, and maybe a hellish kind of world 3/3.
But the areas could be very big, giving more of a challenge.

Years
Forever height wise doesn't seem as good.
In my opinion, it would be better to add different styled areas further down.

So, Stone area 1/3, then Some obsidian or something and bedrock 2/3, and maybe a hellish kind of world 3/3.
But the areas could be very big, giving more of a challenge.

Alright so basically we have:

Normal world (Dig a bit)

Bunch of Obsidian and bedrock (or something mineable of course)

Then something representing minecraft's Nether.

Alright This seems like a good idea. (Although I may add a Sky dimension which seems to be popular nowadays)

Let's say:
Height wise:
256 - 180 = Sky
Gap
128 - 64 = normal things like mountains
63 - 0 = sea and caverns

-1 - -15 = obsidian and bedrock

-16 - - 132 = Nether

Back