Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old December 16th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Currently, the maximum amount of items a trainer can carry is 4, adding another one in the pbs file creates an error. Why is this limit set on 4, and is there a simple way of increasing this amount?

I was wondering which script(s) which script I should be looking at, as there are more things I'd like to edit (NPC trainers also having Pokemon with nicknames, their Pokemon not starting out with full HP, etc.)

Note, I have some programming experience in C#, but I don't know much about ruby. So, I'm not completely clueless, but some pointers on were to start would help. (the lack of comments in essentials isn't really helping me out XD)
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

It's an arbitrary limit, based on the probability that 4 items is a large amount for one trainer (I heard somewhere that no trainer in the official games has more than 2 items). It used to be an important limit due to an old way trainer data was saved, but nowadays it serves no purpose. I've removed it in v11.

In the script section Compiler, go to line 1400 (a raise which complains about too many items), and delete it. That's all. Now trainers can have a hundred items each.

Trainer Pokémon can already be given nicknames. As for modifying their starting HP/PP/whatever, you may want to do that for each trainer in turn in the def pbLoadTrainer (assuming you don't want to do that for every trainer, which would be tedious and, frankly, a bit OCD).

Last edited by Maruno; December 16th, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Thank you! I should've looked at the tutorial for the nicknames, instead of the old notes.html file XD.

EDIT:
This error keeps popping up:
Spoiler:

Exception: RuntimeError
Exception: ArgumentError
Message: Section108:55:in `>'comparison of String with 0 failed
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::FISHERMAN,"Andrew",_I("\bWashed out!"),false,0)
Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
PokemonTrainers:55:in `pbLoadTrainer'
PokemonTrainers:21:in `each'
PokemonTrainers:21:in `pbLoadTrainer'
PokemonTrainersin `each'
PokemonTrainersin `pbLoadTrainer'
PokemonTrainers:322:in `pbTrainerBattle'
(eval)in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:788:in `eval'
Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:788:in `command_111'
Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:103:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
Scene_Map:114:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'

I placed this if below the one checking for shadow Pokemon (line 54):
Code:
      if poke[16] > 0 && poke[16] < 100 #### percentage of pokemon's max health
        Pokebattle_Pokemon(poke[1]).hp = Pokebattle_Pokemon(poke[1]).maxHP * poke[16] / 100
      end
      poke.calcStats

Last edited by Arma; December 16th, 2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old December 16th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

When you added code to pbCompileTrainers to allow for a 16th value, did you add a line saying poke[16]=poke[16].to_i? You need to turn it into an integer.

Also, the code you mentioned is wrong. Use this:

Code:
if poke[16] > 0 && poke[16] <= 100
  pokemon.hp = (pokemon.totalhp * poke[16] / 100).floor
end
At least you put it in the right place.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here