The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 16th, 2012 (06:00 PM).
JustToAskThis
Unhatched Egg

Hi! My username will pretty much explain what I was going to write anyways.

So, to business. While I'm sure these aren't valuable cards, I found them while cleaning my room and became curious because....I've never personally owned and Pokemon cards, haha. I remember my older brother had a binder full of them. Alas, he got rid of them all. I mean, nobody I knew back then had any idea how to actually play with the cards properly (nor does anyone I know now, to my knowledge. Including myself) but, still I'm curious and interested about these 2 cards.
Mostly because they must be of some age, because the Pikachu is still fat in the picture.

I'm going to try and provide you with all the information the rule post set out, even though I'm a complete foreigner here and don't understand half of the jargon.

Pikachu
Umm...Looks kind of like a flower picture. A very broad-petaled flower.
60/64
Nope, not a First Edition.
It's shadowed.
Also, the HP text is red...I can't tell if it's bolded or not, but it is red, if that helps.

This second one, I'd wager, is even more commonplace.

Unown J
Promo
Well, it's not a x/y number, but it's 38.
Not First Edition either.
It has a shadow.

Well, thanks in advance. I was happy just finding a thread like this that's been active in the last 4 years, haha. I'm really not so interested in selling them. Partially because I doubt they're worth much, and partially because.....Well I just don't see the point.
If, somehow, you could approximate their print date (or at least, a date range) that would be awesome. I'm usually more concerned about how old something is than how much it's worth.

-Tom
Old December 16th, 2012 (06:34 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

First one is a Jungle Pikachu. Its set was released in 1999. Specifically, June/July 1999. The one you described is worth maybe $0.50.

Second one is a Wizards of the Coast Black Star Promo Unown J (Black Star Promo number 38, to be precise). It's worth about $1. It was packaged with the 3rd Pokemon movie when it was released on VHS and DVD in August 2001.
Old December 16th, 2012 (10:29 PM).
whatsgoindown
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
The last two PSA 8 graded Shining Charizard cards went for $122.50 on November 19 and for $51.00 on November 23. For an 8.5 grading, I'd say that $70 to $85 is what you could probably expect, given the fact that the past few listings on eBay haven't sold with a price of $114 for the base bid.

As for the GMA 10 graded one, it's probably worth $130 to $145, based on what has and hasn't sold for both gradings of its level and lower gradings.

1st Edition Shadowless Charizards: Presently, people seem to be willing to post up a premium price for them, with a few ungraded ones going for between $200 and $300 (far closer to the $220 to $245 range, to be more precise). Though graded ones have also been going in that range, so I expect a market correction in the pricing of one of these soon.

PSA 10 Dark Raichu: $40 to $50. Some PSA 8 graded ones are currently being sold and have been sold for a lower value, making the price of the PSA 10 one likely to drop from the last sale of $57.

For most of the older cards, the prices are past the peak they were at several years ago. The rarest ones and the ones most in demand, however, are an exception to this, though the prices in general have been fluctuating regularly with the seasons, as demand also fluctuates.
Thanks for the info donnavannj.

For the PSA cards, what would be pricing comparison between a non First Edition and a First Edition?
You mentioned that the PSA Dark Raichu would be worth $40-50 and the PSA Shining Charizard is worth $70-85, how much would non-First Edition equivalents cost.

Considering that getting PSA grading costs $20-40, would you say that it's really not worth it to have gotten these cards PSA graded in the first place?

What would be the price of an un-graded Mint First Edition Dark Raichu, and Near Mint First Edition Shining Charizard?

-wgd
Old December 16th, 2012 (10:57 PM).
someguy388
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
What would be a reasonable price to sell all of these cards at in one big group? And would I get much more if I sold them all individually?

The cards I have:

Holographic:

Dragonnite (fossil), Wigglytuff, Pidgeot (jungle), Meowth (promo), Clefairy, Kangaskahn (jungle), Kangaskahn (jungle, slight damage), Dark Gyardos (rocket, prerelease), Magneton, Pichu (promo), Electrode,Flareon (jungle), Ninetales, Ninetales (slight damage), Poketour 1999 Pickachu, Dark Golbat (rocket), Venusaur, Scyther (jungle, slight damage), Victreebell (jungle), Nidoqueen, Dark Arbok (rocket), Gengar (fossil), Mew (promo), Dark Hypno (rocket), Machamp (1st edition), Machamp (1st edition), Hitmonchan, Victreebell (jungle), Mewtwo (seems to be in French).

Non Holographic Rare Cards:

Pidgeot (jungle), Kangaskhan (jungle), Pidgeotto, Clefable (jungle), Wigglytuff (jungle), Dragonite (promo), Vaporeon (jungle), Jolteon (jungle), Electrode, Electabuzz, Beedrill, Scyther (jungle), Venomoth (jungle), Beedrill, Vicreebell (jungle), Espeon, Haunter (fossil), Mewtwo (promo), Mew (promo), Misdreavus (promo), Poliwrath, Dugtrio, Imposter Professor Oak (trainer), Misty (trainer), Super Energy Removal (trainer), Dark Magneton (rocket).
Old December 17th, 2012 (12:44 PM).
Kai™
Unhatched Egg

Got my booster box and sad to say the best pulls I got where non full art lugia ex and non full art cobalion ex, both from plasma gale. Any idea on the price of these

Sig made by Issac.
Old December 17th, 2012 (05:51 PM).
judah196
Unhatched Egg

How much are these worth:

Legendary collection
Gengar shiny 80hp 11/110

Platnum
houndoom G lv. 45 90hp 50/127

Rising Rivals
Flareon shiny lv. 38 80hp 19/111

Ex team rocket returns
Dark marowak 70hp 7/109

Rising rivals
Quagsire GL lv. 34 90hp 76/117

Ninjask shiny card lv. 42 80hp

bottom of ho-oh legend card 112/123

Legends awakened
Probopass shiny lv. 46 90hp 13/146

Mysterious treasures
ursaring shiny lv. 38 100hp 38/123

platnum
bastiodon lv. 56 130hp 20/127

Dpt-p promos
A mismagius that says rampardos GL lv. 63 90hp 11/111

platnum
vigoroth shiny lv. 28 80hp 64/127

Black and white
samurott shiny 140hp 31/114

supreme victors
shiny garchomp lv. 71 650hp 5/147

secreat wonders
shiny electivire lv. 50 100hp 25/132

Rising rivals
shiny card whiscash elite four lv. 50 80hp 54/111

Rising rivals
Yanmega elite four lv. 49 37/111

Rising rivals
starmie lv. 44 shiny 50/111

Ex ruby and sapphire
breloom 70hp 16/109

HGSS Unleashed
Steelix 120hp 24/95

There will be more but just these for now
Old December 18th, 2012 (09:52 AM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsgoindown View Post
Thanks for the info donnavannj.

For the PSA cards, what would be pricing comparison between a non First Edition and a First Edition?
You mentioned that the PSA Dark Raichu would be worth $40-50 and the PSA Shining Charizard is worth $70-85, how much would non-First Edition equivalents cost.

Considering that getting PSA grading costs $20-40, would you say that it's really not worth it to have gotten these cards PSA graded in the first place?

What would be the price of an un-graded Mint First Edition Dark Raichu, and Near Mint First Edition Shining Charizard?

-wgd
The last two PSA 9 non-first edition Dark Raichu cards went for about $18 and $19.
Non-1st Edition version of Shining Charizard seems to be the one at $70 to $85. The 1st Edition PSA graded versions haven't sold in a month, but someone was trying to list one for $315 and someone else was trying to list a bundle at $485 for both the 1st edition and the unlimited print.

Un-graded 1st edition Shining Charizard fetches $100 to $130.

Ungraded 1st Edition Dark Raichu is $12 to $18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy388 View Post
What would be a reasonable price to sell all of these cards at in one big group? And would I get much more if I sold them all individually?
PokeTour Pikachu would be a good bet to sell individually ($20 apiece is what it seems to be fetching), as might your undamaged Ninetales, Venusaur, Dark Gyarados, Magneton, Pichu (which, by the way, is probably not a promo - it's probably from the Neo Genesis set if it's got 2 white stars as the set symbol), and Clefairy, but the rest you could probably sell for $30 to $40 and likely sell it. It might feel a bit undervalued to you, but those rares you list are lucky to fetch $1 apiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai™ View Post
Got my booster box and sad to say the best pulls I got where non full art lugia ex and non full art cobalion ex, both from plasma gale. Any idea on the price of these
Japanese Lugia EX: $15 to $20
Japanese Cobalion EX: $10 to $15

Quote:
Originally Posted by judah196 View Post
How much are these worth:

Legendary collection
Gengar shiny 80hp 11/110

Platnum
houndoom G lv. 45 90hp 50/127

Rising Rivals
Flareon shiny lv. 38 80hp 19/111

Ex team rocket returns
Dark marowak 70hp 7/109

Rising rivals
Quagsire GL lv. 34 90hp 76/117
Only doing 5 of these for now, as that's all I've got time for.

... on second thought, I can't tell what you mean by shiny. Do you mean the picture has a holofoil pattern, or that the rest of the card has a holofoil pattern? That makes a difference in the price.
Old December 18th, 2012 (03:11 PM).
judah196
Unhatched Egg

shiny card- the whole card is holofoiled

shiny- the pokemon picture is holofoil
Old December 18th, 2012 (04:24 PM).
whatsgoindown
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
The last two PSA 9 non-first edition Dark Raichu cards went for about $18 and $19.
Non-1st Edition version of Shining Charizard seems to be the one at $70 to $85. The 1st Edition PSA graded versions haven't sold in a month, but someone was trying to list one for $315 and someone else was trying to list a bundle at $485 for both the 1st edition and the unlimited print.

Un-graded 1st edition Shining Charizard fetches $100 to $130.

Ungraded 1st Edition Dark Raichu is $12 to $18.
Thanks for clearing that up. $70 for a First Edition PSA Shining Charizard did seem a bit ridiculous so I had to ask you again.

PSA grading seems like a big waste of money.
Old December 21st, 2012 (06:44 PM).
sammz
Unhatched Egg

Hey all,

I have a lot to ask about so I'll list a bit at a time. And what are the sources for these valuations? I can't seem to find an accurate updated online database for Pokemon cards.

All cards are mint

Neo Destiny:
1st Edition Shining Tyranitar 113/105
1st Edition Dark Typhlosion 10/105

Neo Revelation:
1st Edition Shining Magikarp 66/64
1st Edition Entei 6/64
1st Edition Hooh 7/64

Thanks
Old December 22nd, 2012 (06:21 AM).
to_be_the_best
Unhatched Egg

how much is tornadus EX from dark explorers worth? full art?
Old December 29th, 2012 (08:28 AM).
Mat13579
Unhatched Egg

Hi Guys,
here are some of my cards that I don't know how much they are worth: (all are mint condition, and are earlier than Diamond/Pearl unless marked D&P)
Dark Marowak 7/109
Dark Octillery 8/109
Holo Delta Species Jolteon 7/113
D&P Magnezone 6/100
D&P Magmortar LV.X 123/123
D&P Charizard 3/132
Holo Shiftry ex 97/108
Delta Species Holo Salamence ex 98/101
Delta Species Holo Gyarados 8/110 (ex Holon Phantoms)
Delta Species Holo Rayquaza ex 97/101
D&P Holo Mewtwo LV.X DP28

Multi Energy ex Holon Phantoms 96/110
ex PowerKeepers holo Multi Energy 89/108
Holon Energy 86/101

Thank You Very Much
Old January 6th, 2013 (02:04 PM). Edited January 6th, 2013 by JustaVisit.
JustaVisit
Unhatched Egg

Could i get the worth of a Holo Mewtwo? i just got this off a trade with a friend, i really don't play pokemon.

i was told it was first generation, but i'm not so sure.
(it says DP28 at the bottom next to a star symbol. it's not fake but i don't know how old it is, two corners are bent-not too far- but there are no tears)
Old January 6th, 2013 (03:03 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Mewtwo is a first generation Pokemon, but that card certainly isn't from the first era of Pokemon cards. That card is pretty recent, being printed in 2008. That card is normally worth $8 to $12, but your card would probably fetch $5 to $7 in its condition.
Old January 6th, 2013 (07:26 PM).
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

Nature: Relaxed
Japanese BW#7 Plasma Gale Shiny Charizard Ultra Rare Holofoil Card 1st Edition #077/070
(Near Mint)

Japanese BW#7 Plasma Gale Shiny Blastoise Ultra Rare Holofoil Card 1st Edition #078/070
(Near Mint)

Random google image of cards
Spoiler:
Old January 6th, 2013 (08:32 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Plasma Gale Charizard: $50 to $60

Plasma Gale Blastoise: $50 to $60.
Old January 8th, 2013 (05:04 PM).
SoggyDonuts
Unhatched Egg

Hi, was just digging through all my old cards and i found a
*Glurak (german charizard)
*4/102
*1st edition
*shadow
*near mint
just wondering if anyone knows anything about this card.
Thank you for reading
Old January 8th, 2013 (11:55 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyDonuts View Post
Hi, was just digging through all my old cards and i found a
*Glurak (german charizard)
*4/102
*1st edition
*shadow
*near mint
just wondering if anyone knows anything about this card.
Thank you for reading
From your description, that sounds like a 1st edition German Charizard card from the Base Set. That seems to be worth between $25 and $35.
Old January 11th, 2013 (12:40 PM).
Zahri
Unhatched Egg

http : // aiyume . imgur . com/all/

The above album is all I have concerning holographics. Might you fine gents on this site provide help with prices?

Only the smeargle, hitmonlee, machamp, dark charizard, and a haunted are first edition, sadly.
Old January 11th, 2013 (10:10 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahri View Post
http : // aiyume . imgur . com/all/

The above album is all I have concerning holographics. Might you fine gents on this site provide help with prices?

Only the smeargle, hitmonlee, machamp, dark charizard, and a haunted are first edition, sadly.
I would like to, however, your images are not publicly viewable, so I cannot assist you.
Old January 12th, 2013 (01:35 AM). Edited January 12th, 2013 by Zahri.
Zahri
Unhatched Egg

My apologies. That issue should now be rectified if you'd be willing to try it again

I have no issues taking more specific pictures for better evaluation, if they're necessary.
Old January 12th, 2013 (10:08 PM).
aasherknight
W/E

both are rare and holo

Scyther 10/64
Breloom 16/109
Old January 12th, 2013 (10:53 PM).
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
I've got a Shining Charizard that was given to me along with a bunch of other cards when I was younger, and I just wanted to see how much it's worth. It's exactly like this:

Old January 13th, 2013 (10:41 AM). Edited January 13th, 2013 by PigsOutsider.
PigsOutsider
Unhatched Egg

I've a 1st Edition Neo Revelation Celebi, #16 Non Holo, PSA Graded 10. How much is this worth?

1st Edition Neo Revelation Celebi, #3 Holo, PSA Graded 6. Value of this too?
Old January 13th, 2013 (08:30 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahri View Post
My apologies. That issue should now be rectified if you'd be willing to try it again

I have no issues taking more specific pictures for better evaluation, if they're necessary.
Pricing out just the first page for now, as that's a lot of cards to be pricing in one go (as in, the one furthest to the left).
Gyarados Base Set (non-shadowless): $3 to $6.
Dark Gyarados Team Rocket: Is that the holo or the non-holo? I can't tell, but since it doesn't seem to affect its price much, holo version is $1 to $3, while non-holo version is $0.75 to $1.50.
Poliwrath Base Set (non-shadowless): $2 to $4.
Vaporeon Jungle holo: $3 to $6.
Lapras Fossil non-holo: $0.75 to $1.50.
Blastoise Base Set (non-shadowless): $10 to $15.
1st Edition Smeargle Neo Discovery: $10 to $15.
Japanese Neo Genesis Kingdra: $1 to $3.
Japanese Gym 2 Giovanni's Gyarados: $2 to $4.

Post here again with the page you'd most like evaluated next, so I remember to price it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasherknight View Post

both are rare and holo

Scyther 10/64
Breloom 16/109
Your picture doesn't work on my end, so, I will be guessing which cards you mean just based on that small bit of info:

Jungle Scyther - I need info on whether this is first edition or not, as that affects the price of it somewhat.
Breloom ex: Ruby and Sapphire (reverse holo of a non-holo rare card): $0.75 to $1.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
I've got a Shining Charizard that was given to me along with a bunch of other cards when I was younger, and I just wanted to see how much it's worth. It's exactly like this:

Shining Charizard Neo Destiny: $30 to $40 USD, which is about $28 to $38 AUD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigsOutsider View Post
I've a 1st Edition Neo Revelation Celebi, #16 Non Holo, PSA Graded 10. How much is this worth?

1st Edition Neo Revelation Celebi, #3 Holo, PSA Graded 6. Value of this too?
PSA 10 Neo Revelation Celebi: Considering the ungraded version is $5 to $10, I'd have to guess it's between $20 and $25, since I don't have a large sample size of completed listings to go off for the ungraded cards and no listings to go off of for the graded English cards.

PSA 6 graded version of the card is probably $5 to $10, but, again, I don't have a large sample size of ungraded sold completed listings to go off of.

Sponsored Links