Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 16th, 2012, 06:42 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7

With the introduction of the Hoenn region came new crime syndicates, Team Aqua and Magma. What if Game Freak had kept Team Rocket as Hoenn's evil organisation instead of Team Aqua/Magma. What Pokémon would the grunts and executives use? Where would they try and take over? Would you have preferred it if Team Rocket stayed as the main evil team?

...Discuss!
Old December 16th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I think the games would have had less charm. One thing I am sure was liked about RS was that there was a different evil team depending on your version, and prior to RS, the only version exclusive things were just certain Pokemon, and this was an altered plot, which was nice. Having the evil team being Team Rocket in both RS would have lost some charm I think and they'd just be...very, very different. I can't imagine them without Team Aqua and Magma.

paired to crono & moderator of 3 & 5
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I think it could've gone either way with Team Rocket. In Hoenn especially I didn't particularly care for Aqua and Magma, yet with Rocket it would've gotten stale pretty quickly. Same goes for Sinnoh.

The problem I think is if you're gonna keep making new evil groups you have to keep coming up with innovative goals for those groups, and if you end up with "taking over" you might as well just put Rocket in the game. As for Pokemon, I feel like there are those Pokemon like Zubat and the random others that are just grunt Pokemon. ;P

Old December 16th, 2012, 09:41 PM
FlameChocobo
Warrior of Hoenn

Nature: Lonely
To me, considering Team Rocket is the weakest of the evil team, that would be too redundant. It didn't hold any flare in Gold and Silver, so why would it hold a flare in Ruby and Sapphire.
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Lost Christmas
Break it back down!
Community Supporter

Yeah, the reason they used Magma and Aqua was for Groudon and Kyogre so having team rocket would have been a stupid choice.
We're building it up, To break it back down! We're building it up, To burn it down! We can't wait To burn it to the ground!
~ Linkin Park - Burn It Down ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ Solo Challenge ~ MyAnimeList ~

Old December 17th, 2012, 08:12 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Magma and Aqua held a better storyline with Groudon and Kyogre. I also loved how they each thought they were doing a good thing to help Pokemon, giving more place for them to live, not thinking they were doing anything bad.

Team Rocket would've probably been the same old thing, wanting to capture the weather trio to control the world. But anyways, Team Rocket's region is Kanto & Johto, what the hell would they be doing in Hoenn anyways? It's not their turf.
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old December 17th, 2012, 12:00 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think Team Rocket in Hoenn could go either way, depending on how it was handled. Though Team Aqua/Magma fit better altogether. If Team Rocket were to appear, I think they would've attacked pretty much the same places as the other two, especially the Mosdeep Space Centre (Team Rocket xD). I think that other than the usual Pokémon, they would use the Cacturne, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Swalot and Mightyena lines.
Old December 17th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Lateon
The Eon Follower

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say they could have worked out in Hoenn. They got kicked out of Johto and Kanto, so the next logical step would be to go to another region and start over. Which legend they go after depends on your version.

They probably would have used the same lines as magma and aqua. However, the charm would have been gone- I liked having different villains who actually thought they were doing good and not dooming the entire human race.

Forum Activity
Wifi Activity

Currently Working On

Old December 18th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Lost Christmas
Break it back down!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateon View Post
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say they could have worked out in Hoenn. They got kicked out of Johto and Kanto, so the next logical step would be to go to another region and start over. Which legend they go after depends on your version.

They probably would have used the same lines as magma and aqua. However, the charm would have been gone- I liked having different villains who actually thought they were doing good and not dooming the entire human race.
I think in Ruby/Sapphire they would of worked good along side Aqua/Magma, but in terms of Emerald..... no I don't think they would of had any logic to be in there.
We're building it up, To break it back down! We're building it up, To burn it down! We can't wait To burn it to the ground!
~ Linkin Park - Burn It Down ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ Solo Challenge ~ MyAnimeList ~

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links