• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Your first Shiny?

Years
I encountered & caught my first ever shiny about a week ago. I was just casually making my way through victory road when I ran in to a pokemon and saw the twinkle of the shiny stars surrounding a Banette! I kind of had a little nerd moment and freaked out, wife has no idea what I was babbling incoherently about shiny pokemon and 1/8000 encounter rate.

Nonetheless, I had a decent supply & variety of pokeballs along with a Haxorus with false swipe to seal the deal. Now have my first shiny!

I haven't really put him to use yet. Don't have much interest in ghost or Banette in particular, but it's still nice to come across in my box when I'm searching for something else!

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
My first shiny was a Zubat in FR but I was rushing through Mt. Moon and accidently ran from it.
My next was a Rattata also in FR but it was on Route 1 and I had no pokeballs.
My first shiny that I caught was a Bellsprout in HG on the route east of Mahagony. The story is this-
I was going through the route and I just wanted to check the grass pokemon for fun when this came out.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My first was a Bidoof on Diamond version. D:
After that (not including Lake of Rage Gyarados) my next was probably a Golbat on White version. Right now I'm hunting for a shiny Treecko by breeding them.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I'm not sure and I don't know if the first was a Magnemite or maybe a Zubat. In any case, they both were caught in my Ruby version (I couldn't find any in my Gold version T.T)

IWearHatsIndoors

They're comfy and easy to wear
Years
My first shiny was in Pokemon Crystal, and it was... an "i" Unown... I was so happy and I thought it was amazing, but only having hidden power kind of sucked...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Excluding the red Gyarados and the sinies I have received by trade, I would say that I unfortunately never encountered a shiny in the wild yet =/
Bu I did manage to breed a shiny Treecko tho.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Excluding the red Gyarados, my first shiny was a Drowzee or Krabby on Crystal Version, I can't remember which x(

Plasma Prince N

Full-time Pokémon Master.
Years
My first shiny (besides Gyarados) that I found was a shiny Unown V while I was Unown-hunting in my Silver version. It was rather anticlimactic, and I didn't even know it was a shiny at first, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
The first one I got was a shiny Lotad in Sapphire, which belonged to my brother. I transferred the Lotad to my game later.

Cinnabar

Fenniken is godly.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Shiny Weedle in SS. I don't even think I used it, shiny or not, Beedrill is garbage.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
My First Caught Shiny (Also the first I Saw) Was a Ghastly on FireRed
My Second Caught Shiny (And also Second seen) Was a Spearow on FireRed
My Most recent shiny was 2 Years ago in Platinum it was a Luminieom (I forgot how to spell it)
My First ever seen shiny on a Gen II Game was a Spinerak I think but I didnt have any poke balls yet (RAWR)

Brizz

TM87
Years
My first ever shiny was one of the most badass ones out there. I caught myself a shiny Ponyta back in Leafgreen. Looking back, I wish I hadn't traded it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
A memory I savour. I was fishing in Oldale Town for a new surfer, but I was talking to my friend as well. So when I pulled it out, I missed the shine animation, but thought I heard it. Unfortunately, I'm colour-blind for red and green (this caused LOTS of loss of data back on the GBA) so I couldn't tell whether or not it was shiny. So I was just like, heck why not, and caught it. And I had a happy.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
My first & only shiny (excusing the Red Gyarados) was the most depressing Pokèmon moment of my entire lifetime.

I had just begun my very first playthrough of Pokèmon Crystal & ran into a shiny Hoothoot.
Before I acquired my first Pokèballs...

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I bet everyone in here is lying and their first shiny was actually the Red Gyarados in Gold/Silver.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
ALL of my shiny sightings have been in emulators :< I guess I'm just luckier on the computer than in real life lol. Anyways, my first shiny sighting ever was in an emerald randomized version. I actually hadn't seen any pokemon at all yet before getting my pokeballs. It was weird. It was the SECOND pokemon I saw, a shiny castform. I practically screamed XD I caught her on my last pokeball somehow and nearly died when I threw that last one and saw it click. I named her Sparkles :3

I've also seen a wild shiny grovyle on the same randomizer and caught it, and got a shiny turtwig as a starter (not on purpose) on a platinum emulator.

Edit: Of course no one's counting the red gyarados! XD

Back