Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:48 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Hey everybody....I'm back. Apologies about my absence....I was goin through some stuff....
"I'm not gonna die. Each one of you risked your lives to come to my rescue, and that's why I can't let you throw away your lives now, not for me, not again. I got this. Don't worry about me, babies."
-Space Dandy
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Hey everybody....I'm back. Apologies about my absence....I was goin through some stuff....
Don't worry, life happens to all of us in some way at some point.

Maybe you should update the list of RPs in your signature? ;)

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:18 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Haha. Which ones are still alive?
"I'm not gonna die. Each one of you risked your lives to come to my rescue, and that's why I can't let you throw away your lives now, not for me, not again. I got this. Don't worry about me, babies."
-Space Dandy
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
From your whole list only PTA and Fallout, im not sure about odyssey and shattered era.
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:28 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Wow....I've been gone for far too long...
-Space Dandy
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Earth & Sky and Odyssey are very much alive, I'd say! Not sure about Shattered Era.

I too need to make a comback in the RP Corner, I'm only in one RP now and we're only 4 players O.o Cozy but isolated.

¤
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:36 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Oh how the mighty have fallen...I'm down to 3, maybe 4, roleplays compared to the 13 I used to be in.
-Space Dandy
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

I used to be in 9, now im only in two, plus im making a new RP, so soon 3

Sorry for suddenly interfering in the conversation xD
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:43 PM
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

It's all good I'm just glad to be back. I intend on making up for my absence.
-Space Dandy
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:46 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
Does this mean that we'll be able to use Sports Balls and Teddy Bears to destroy giant monsters?
Uh... No. XD... Besides I don't remember a mog ever successfully killing anything. The only thing really similar is the use of simmple weapons like swords and spears despite the clearly advanced technology that is available.

@Chibi: I'll get to posting it fairly soon but my laptop is going through some technical difficulty and I'd prefer to post it from there since that is where my draft etc is stored.
Roleplay Corner|Forum Games|Pairs|Sig|Arch Nemesis|Pie
"I don't need a quote, I need pie" - Gimmepie
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
I used to be in 9, now im only in two, plus im making a new RP, so soon 3

Sorry for suddenly interfering in the conversation xD
You're not interfering at all, this is an open discussion thread :D What is your new RP about?

@ gimmipie, let's hope Skymin is quick to accept threads, then ;D

¤
Old December 16th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
RIGHT ON CUE. I'll go do them now~

I'm only in two as well, but innocence has been dead because... well, i dont know why. I'm working on my own, which im about 1/8th finished.

EDIT: "No posts found." WELL I GUESS I CAN DO THEM LATER I SUPPOSE HAHA
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner <<
my art blogcommission infoCLOUD v2.0<<
Paired with revlis <<
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Well, I'm in one roleplay right now but I've been neglecting it because I've been GMing my own xD. As a first timer, I find it pretty fun!

I rememeber doing 4-5 at the same time, atop of well...other stuff on PC and irl. xD but like...(except PTA), the others kinda died. Being in 1-2 roleplays are alright for me.

Speaking of roleplay, Super Smash Bros has one more spot available to close the 15 player count. We're...close to facing the first boss!
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
You had me at One Piece. Make, and I will most likely join. (If I have time. Which I guess I do.)
Well, I posted it and it's under review, so hopefully when it comes up, it'll garner enough interest to be successful.

A One Piece RP is on its way!
My posts look too short, so I'm going to misguide the general public and artificially enhance the length of my posts with this garbage of a signature!

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGH...

In a world without substance, a nonsense signature is only appropriate!
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
You're not interfering at all, this is an open discussion thread :D What is your new RP about?
Honestly im still thinking about a plot and stuff :p but this time i won't do everything in one day, i'm gonna take the time for it and make it awesome.
Pair
Roleplays
Deviantart
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Well, seeing as one of the members of Dimensional Link seems to have vanished from PC (in an RP where activity /determines the life of the RP/) I think it may be done for.

That said, I've got an idea in mind for a Sandbox-style RP (Oh how I love them) that takes place in the Zelda world. In this Game, /No one is the hero/. It follows the timeline where the Hero of Time is defeated, but goes to the point where Ganondorf was defeated but before the point where Ganondorf is resurrected. Life in the land of Hyrule returned to peace, but people remain wary, as the rumors of Ganon's ressurection are scattered about. Monsters still roam about in areas not populated by people and travel from place to place often requires guidance from a more skilled warrior for safety. Players will have a choice of species as follows: Hylian, Kokiri, Goron, Zora, Gerudo, Rito, or Twili.

Any thoughts on this so far? Interest? Also, would it be better to use Ocarina of Time's overworld (With Rito flying from an island and Twili from a portal in the Desert) or an overworld from another game?

Old December 16th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

That sounds like a perfect RP for me, because I've been looking for a freeform fantasy RP for a while.

Could you clarify Twili, please? Because playing tall, humanoid ones would be excellent. The creepy little imps less so.

Oh, would playing as a fairy be possible? I love Fey. :3
Old December 17th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

If you're referring to Midna's Imp form, no. That was the result of a curse. So, yes, they'll look humanoid, with mixtures of slate gray and black skin.

It also seems to be a common trait to have orange hair, but this won't be a requirement. Literally, look up "Twili" on a Google Image Search. A lot of fan-arts of Twilit people are there.

Old December 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Send a message via Skype™ to Rune Alchemist
I really should pay tribute and post here...

I don't think I can contribute to the current discussion though, as I know little about Nintendo games.

-shrugs-

I'm planning my own RP, but I'm still polishing my story. What do you guys think of an Anime&Game-themed Warriors Orochi-style world? It's kinda Sandbox-ish with players controlling OCs from different universes who (in the long run) will lead an empire against its enemies.

The players choose who goes against who, so I'm not really sure if it's competitive or cooperative. Plot's flexible enough to accommodate either.

Examples of worlds are: Lyrical Nanoha, Magica Madoka, NasuVerse, Avatar (Legend of Aang), Koei Warriors, Grand Chase, Persona and several more. I even included Harry Potter Pokemon is also there, but makes little significant impact.

Naw, the top 5 Main Stream anime isn't included. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail and Dragon Ball characters aren't allowed. For Dragon Ball, I think it's obvious. I have no exposure to B & OP. The knowledge I have of Fairy Tail is only slightly lower than what I have of NasuVerse, but I can't world build around it. -Sweatdrop-

-looks at the long list of worlds- Think it's too much? Maybe I should classify them by class, then worlds...
~Magica Apple!!~ ~Law of Madoka~ ~World of a Puella Magi~
"Wehihihi~ I'm a goddess, silly!" - Ultimate ?????? (Multiverse: World of Runilar)

Last edited by Rune Alchemist; December 17th, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:16 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Alchemist View Post
I really should pay tribute and post here...

I don't think I can contribute to the current discussion though, as I know little about Nintendo games.

-shrugs-

I'm planning my own RP, but I'm still polishing my story. What do you guys think of an Anime&Game-themed Warriors Orochi-style world? It's kinda Sandbox-ish with players controlling OCs from different universes who (in the long run) will lead an empire against its enemies.

The players choose who goes against who, so I'm not really sure if it's competitive or cooperative. Plot's flexible enough to accommodate either.

Examples of worlds are: Lyrical Nanoha, Magica Madoka, NasuVerse, Avatar (Legend of Aang), Koei Warriors, Grand Chase, Persona and several more. I even included Harry Potter :laugh: Pokemon is also there, but makes little significant impact.

Naw, the top 5 Main Stream anime isn't included. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail and Dragon Ball characters aren't allowed. For Dragon Ball, I think it's obvious. I have no exposure to B & OP. The knowledge I have of Fairy Tail is only slightly lower than what I have of NasuVerse, but I can't world build around it. -Sweatdrop-

-looks at the long list of worlds- Think it's too much? Maybe I should classify them by class, then worlds...
Hmm...I like the idea. I wouldn't exactly call Dragon Ball mainstream anymore so much as it is "Legendary" or a "Classic", but I do understand your reasoning behind omitting it (though, you could always use pre-Dragon Ball Z, the characters in that were not "blow up with world with a fingertip" strong, and they would be pretty balanced in comparison to other worlds).

The idea could work, but it is a very ambitious idea, and as such, I could see it collapsing quite easily- that's not to say you can't handle it, I'm sure you can, but given the scope of the idea it seems as if it would need quite a bit of careful moderation to make it work out. Still, I love the Warriors series (and crossovers), and I know a have a good deal of knowledge about most of the series you listed, so I'd love to help in any way that I can.
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

I'm back from the death :D
Now that took a while... Anyways, I'm here now and I plan on staying... At least until I begin my next semester of High School -.-

Sooooooo... In the meantime, I shall see if I can do some RPing around here
Hoenn

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Quote:
Hmm...I like the idea. I wouldn't exactly call Dragon Ball mainstream anymore so much as it is "Legendary" or a "Classic", but I do understand your reasoning behind omitting it (though, you could always use pre-Dragon Ball Z, the characters in that were not "blow up with world with a fingertip" strong, and they would be pretty balanced in comparison to other worlds).

The idea could work, but it is a very ambitious idea, and as such, I could see it collapsing quite easily- that's not to say you can't handle it, I'm sure you can, but given the scope of the idea it seems as if it would need quite a bit of careful moderation to make it work out. Still, I love the Warriors series (and crossovers), and I know a have a good deal of knowledge about most of the series you listed, so I'd love to help in any way that I can.
I call it mainstream because the next in line that I heard off in my popularity listing is SAO, and I've included it (though only Aincrad) Besides, SAO is kinda new... Because of the anime. The LN started in 2008, I think? Others don't have anything to do with fighting.

I'm working on the concepts so that it doesn't blow up in everyone's faces. Highest stat wise in the worlds I have is Madoka Magica, and that's because the girls there actually use their souls to do magic. Next is Nanoha, but in canon the characters there are Double Letters in rank. OCs should have lower ranks.

Each have their strengths and weaknesses, like how Suikoden characters have the highest Leadership skills with low defense and health, while Grand Chase characters have great Physical skills with mediocre Leadership. In all honesty, Avatar characters are the most balanced, leaning towards being weak as they don't have magic. I didn't include DB because Avatar characters can take their place, with + points as they can bend elements.
"Wehihihi~ I'm a goddess, silly!" - Ultimate ?????? (Multiverse: World of Runilar)
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:50 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
I call it mainstream because the next in line that I heard off in my popularity listing is SAO, and I've included it (though only Aincrad) Besides, SAO is kinda new... Because of the anime. The LN started in 2008, I think? Others don't have anything to do with fighting.

I'm working on the concepts so that it doesn't blow up in everyone's faces. Highest stat wise in the worlds I have is Madoka Magica, and that's because the girls there actually use their souls to do magic. Next is Nanoha, but in canon the characters there are Double Letters in rank. OCs should have lower ranks.

Each have their strengths and weaknesses, like how Suikoden characters have the highest Leadership skills with low defense and health, while Grand Chase characters have great Physical skills with mediocre Leadership. In all honesty, Avatar characters are the most balanced, leaning towards being weak as they don't have magic. I didn't include DB because Avatar characters can take their place, with + points as they can bend elements.
Dragon Ball is definitely incredibly popular, but it's because it's not currently trending that I really would consider it "classic" or "legendary" rather than mainstream; but that's not really important.

So what exactly are you going for? You mention "stats" several times, but what relevance does it bear to the actual RP? Are you saying that the RP itself actually uses stats or are you talking about the power capabilities of the characters in terms of their own canons?
Old December 17th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Quote:
Dragon Ball is definitely incredibly popular, but it's because it's not currently trending that I really would consider it "classic" or "legendary" rather than mainstream; but that's not really important.

So what exactly are you going for? You mention "stats" several times, but what relevance does it bear to the actual RP? Are you saying that the RP itself actually uses stats or are you talking about the power capabilities of the characters in terms of their own canons?
Stats actually limit what a character can do, as a rough estimate when the players are writing in the character's actions. As it is, it does play a role in the RP.

For example, LN characters have absurdly high mathematical skills, that they can become engineers and architects even if they don't have a college degree (because they are past mastery) Suikoden characters are charismatic, thus people under them will listen better than people under Grand Chase characters will. MM girls can take a beating (Getting caught in an avalanche, trapped in a burning castle, shredded by a flurry of arrows, etc..) without any worse for wear that other characters can't.

The stats are compared to the denizens of the RP's world. E-- is the lowest and is below that of the world's population. E is the world's average citizen. It's like you're comparing a Koei Special Officer against a peasant.

Stats change with character growth. It can increase, or decrease. It may be permanent, or temporary. Stats define what a character can do and also acts like a guide, because certain actions require certain levels.
Old December 17th, 2012, 05:20 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Stats actually limit what a character can do, as a rough estimate when the players are writing in the character's actions. As it is, it does play a role in the RP.

For example, LN characters have absurdly high mathematical skills, that they can become engineers and architects even if they don't have a college degree (because they are past mastery:cool:) Suikoden characters are charismatic, thus people under them will listen better than people under Grand Chase characters will. MM girls can take a beating (Getting caught in an avalanche, trapped in a burning castle, shredded by a flurry of arrows, etc..) without any worse for wear that other characters can't.

The stats are compared to the denizens of the RP's world. E-- is the lowest and is below that of the world's population. E is the world's average citizen. It's like you're comparing a Koei Special Officer against a peasant.

Stats change with character growth. It can increase, or decrease. It may be permanent, or temporary. Stats define what a character can do and also acts like a guide, because certain actions require certain levels.
I see, so this is an RP that uses gameplay similar to those found in Table Top RPGs and Video Game RPGs. That's good, because RPs that employ those elements (and aren't dedicated Pokemon RPs) are shockingly few and far between.

So then exactly where does the RPer come into the equation? Do they play as one of the characters from one of the aforementioned series/worlds, or do they create a character?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here