The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 17th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
A question for you, Red. Can I make a character who is a villain, at least in actions? Kind of like the Silver character from Gold, Silver & Crystal. Like a Pokemon thief. Or maybe a character who wants to create their own Pokemon gang. Like Team Rocket of old, but not "Team Rocket".

Last edited by Claire*; December 17th, 2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
I'd like to take my reservation back

I'm sorry RHCP i'd really love to be in this RP since it's one of yours and i really like it, but yesterday i got to hear i might not have any free time anymore because i have to work alot and get enough money to achieve my goals, plus school is going to get in my way more often, i guess even won't be able to make my own RP.

Well, it's not like the world is gonna end now im taking my reservation back ; anyways, i wish everyone fun RPing here and i wish you good luck with GMing this
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:42 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post

I'm sorry RHCP :( i'd really love to be in this RP since it's one of yours and i really like it, but yesterday i got to hear i might not have any free time anymore because i have to work alot and get enough money to achieve my goals, plus school is going to get in my way more often, i guess even won't be able to make my own RP.

Well, it's not like the world is gonna end now im taking my reservation back ^^; anyways, i wish everyone fun RPing here and i wish you good luck with GMing this ^^
You're getting money and that's a sad thing? I wish I had a job, then I wouldn't have to be so picky when looking through game sales or...buying anything for that matter :(
Old December 18th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwolf View Post
Oh I'd take fossil hunter. Kabuto is epic! ok I know exactly what I'm going with. a mostly fossil based team. kabuto as my starter.

and RHCP you didn't add me to the reserved list. WEll I guess that shouldn't matter much now, though I need to know pictures or no for the appearance section?
Spoiler:

Real Age: 17
Real Gender: male

Personality: Jason has always been a bit… “energetic”. With a mild cause of ADHD, you’ll always find Jason unable to sit still, shut up, or keep on topic. Despite pushes from his parents to put this energy into sports, Jason preferred to sit around, and soak up random trivia on the internet and play video games. This combo has led him to be have a wealth of semi-useful information, and a slight addiction to the pokemon franchise, one that goes so far that he has almost memorized the pokedex. Typically he’s not so bad a pretty average guy who you might hang out with thanks to the medication he’s on since it helps him stay in control a bit more. Though if you start a conversation with Jason you’ll run the risk of a never ending debate on what Pokemon should do for the next game, and that argument will not end well. Jason is terribly opinionated, and his temper is as short as a Primeape’s. Despite his pathetically average build, he can be rather threatening. He’s willing to start a fist fight over some of his most dearly held values, like what he‘s willing to do to succeed, his stance on war, and sadly his pokemon games. Those fist fights also got started over his bullying issues, being a nerd never was easy. Over all highly volatile and extremely unpredictable Jason is someone who you’d better be careful around, but the benefits may out weight the costs.

History: Up in a reserved northern Maine community Jason Wolf was brought into this world. Many of teachers wish he hadn’t. Through his early years Jason was notorious for being an uncontrollable wild child. For some reason it took until his late middle school years for them to realize the child had ADHD. By then it was a bit too late though, Jason reputation was set in stone. The small town would always know him as what he was, an incredibly brilliant, but terribly obnoxious and hyper kid. With that as his rep, high school was rather aggravating. He was the easiest target with a couple of emotion and real scars from the idiotic things he did when he wasn’t thinking things through. Climbing the statue in the middle of town in a dare, getting lost in the woods while playing cops and robbers, and catching his neighbor’s cat in an elaborate trap out of boredom are a few examples.

Jason thought it’d be the best week of his life when his school closed because it was damaged in a lightning storm, and a new pokemon game was coming out. It would be the perfect escape. Then it became his new torment.

Starter Pokémon: Kabuto, Pierce

Male; Weak Armor; Scratch, Harden, Dig, Bubblebeam

Roleplay Sample: (provide a post from another RP you've been in. As recent as possible, but it should still reflect how you are planning to post in this RP. If you really have no sample post, type something up on the spot to show off!)

Wish I had a more recent pokemon one, but I’m between pokemon RP’s. This also may not have been the best as this is a robot, with minimal emotion and personality. If you’d prefer I write one more relatable to Jercio/Jason I’d be happy to.

Relak the Golem

A Machine's will

Relak’s body crashed to the floor smashing the cobbles. Relak glared at the new creature. His magnetic powers still needed a moment to charge up. When they did glowing red arcs of electricity shot out hitting all of his limbs and pulling them towards him. Re-assembled the golem towered over all the others. With a inhuman laugh Relak smashed his fists into the ground cracking the stone floor even more. Another burst of energy flew outward twisting the restraints that had once held him. Relak tore them off the wall and imbued them on his chest to seal the damage from the draining machine. It appeared like a baldrick across his chest.

“Repairs fulfilled. Begin retreat.” Relak bellowed.

He stomped after the beast who had barked an order at him. He was far from subtle in his escape leaving a path of destruction behind him. At least the others could follow him easy. Unlike him trying to follow the wolfos he only barely kept up using his runic eyes to see the energy flowing off of him. Even as he ran Relak was deciding whether or not he should keep following this creature, or if he should just break off. After all Relak had minimal knowledge on these organics.

Also due to the hostile nature of the other nearby life forms the assumption that these organisms could be hostile led Relak to begin sharpening his fists on the walls. Anyone who got in his way would be trampled or just be ripped apart. The golem was on a mission. Survival now and return home later.

All was going well until Relak got cut off by two vile creatures. Their bodies were disfigured masses of flesh and fat, and their repulsive tusked faces looked as though they had been flattened by the impact of massive hammer. They wielded bladed weapons on the end of a staff, but Relak didn’t see them as polearms due to their very crude construction. The blades were jagged and seemed as though they were forged using stones. The creatures prodded Relak with the pathetic weapons, but the shabby craftsmanship led to the tips shattering on Relak’s metal skin.

“Futile attempts. Demonstration of resolve necessary.” Relak roared.

The golem pulled back his right fist and thrust it forwards. Contact was made on the first monster’s neck, and easily cracked the spinal cord. The sharpened edges on Relak’s hands also cut and tore the creature’s throat letting blood spew from its veins. Enraged the other creature increased its attacks, but they were still not enough to cause any real damage. Relak raised both of his fists and slammed them down on the creatures head splitting its skull and spilling it’s small mind. With the monster’s dispatched and his hands covered in their blood Relak tried to find the creature he had been following before.

“Objective lost. Inferring possible routes.” Relak said doing his best to pick up the remaining traces of energy.
You were putting demands and stuff so I waited with reserving you until you expressed a clear wish to join.

You can have images as your appearance if you like, but you should describe in words as well.

If we're going to have some form of fossil hunter, or excitement when it comes to fossils at all, I'd rather not you have a fossil pokémon as a starter. Would you please change Kabuto into something else?

Also, Dig and Bubblebeam are not natural leveling up moves for Kabuto. Please choose moves that your pokémon could learn naturally (but I don't care if you let it know a lvl 30 move at the start of the game, that's up to your sense of "am I godmodding now or not?" ^^ ). We'll use TMs and the Tutor profession to teach pokémon other moves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign. View Post
Aye, good afternoon! Would it be alright for me to reserve a spot, perchance? You see I have the dreaded finals this week, but once I am done with the last I am rid of 'em until the next semester. So, I will not be able to post my SU until those are out of the way. If allowed the chance though I would love to try a shot to get in this very intriguing roleplay.

I would greatly appreciate you letting me know if you have the time. Thank you. (:
Could you put up an SU on Friday or Saturday at the latest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red View Post
Oh, and RHCP, I want Eevee as a starter, so could you reserve Eevee for me, please? Thanks!
No need to reserve certain pokémon; since there are 10 000 players, some are bound to have chosen the same starters so it doesn't matter if we do :) Go ahead and use Eevee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu View Post
I have a small question: If your character was blind or disabled in any other way on Earth, would the disability apply in the game as well?
If you want. Otherwise, if the brain of your character was still working correctly, it could let the avatar take shape with intact, working sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
May I reserve a spot? I was deciding whether I can handle another RP, but I realized that I'm not in any active traditional Pokemon RPs so I might as well.

But, seeing as there are so many many reservations already, I'll limit myself to making the SU in the next two days, so that someone else can have a chance if I can't manage.

Spoiler:
Real Gender: Male
Personality:
History: (include where on Earth you live)

Starter Pokémon: (just about any non-evolved, non-legendary pokémon)

Roleplay Sample: (provide a post from another RP you've been in. As recent as possible, but it should still reflect how you are planning to post in this RP. If you really have no sample post, type something up on the spot to show off!)
Sovereign got here before you :) But if I reject someone or if someone fails to put up their SU before, say, Saturday, then I can look at yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire* View Post
A question for you, Red. Can I make a character who is a villain, at least in actions? Kind of like the Silver character from Gold, Silver & Crystal. Like a Pokemon thief. Or maybe a character who wants to create their own Pokemon gang. Like Team Rocket of old, but not "Team Rocket". :P
I guess you can. It could make the game interesting! Just don't ruin the RP for the others without their consent, please :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post

I'm sorry RHCP :( i'd really love to be in this RP since it's one of yours and i really like it, but yesterday i got to hear i might not have any free time anymore because i have to work alot and get enough money to achieve my goals, plus school is going to get in my way more often, i guess even won't be able to make my own RP.

Well, it's not like the world is gonna end now im taking my reservation back ^^; anyways, i wish everyone fun RPing here and i wish you good luck with GMing this ^^
I'm sad to hear that, but like machomuu says, it's nice that you've got a job :)

Last edited by Adventure; December 18th, 2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old December 18th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
A question for you, Red. Can I make a character who is a villain, at least in actions? Kind of like the Silver character from Gold, Silver & Crystal. Like a Pokemon thief. Or maybe a character who wants to create their own Pokemon gang. Like Team Rocket of old, but not "Team Rocket". :P
Hngg be nice ;; Although that reminds me, what are Team Rocket (or an equivalent) going to be like in this RP? Will they follow the usual story or even be in it at all?

Also are the "Quest givers" up to us to bunny with the quests/rewards they give or are they part of the main story? :3

@PinkSapphire - Good luck with the job! :D
Old December 18th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Adventure
trust your doctor

I was planning on having the MMORPG MAO follow the stories from the old pokémon games, but programmed to be more fitting for multiplayer, and of course there is a deeper story that wasn't meant to be in the game of MAO before the lockdown, with twists and explanations to the situation and all... but the main thing with this RP will probably be the interactions and actions of our characters in a more sandbox-styled way.

Something fun though - this is a brand new game so there's bound to be a few bugs around the corner, and I'm not talking Ledyba...

I think it would be quite slow and boring if I controlled all the quest givers and made them part of the bigger story. So you can make up your own quest givers and quests if you want, but then you can't have them giving you too important items of course. I'm not sure if I should allow TMs to be in your own invented rewards or not, hmm.

I'll also be suggesting some more important quest givers in the description of each area though (if there are any), and these are yours to bunny according to my descriptions. Sometimes these will have you do things that are part of MAO's main story, and sometimes they just have rewards that are a bit more important than others.

Actually, I can post the info on the first areas now so that you'll see kind of what I mean. Keep in mind that these first areas are all accessible at the start of the game so they aren't overly exciting, perhaps :p I'll wait with posting Violet City until we start playing though.
Old December 18th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Ptzery
Skitty trainer

Nature: Careful
Can I sign up? If so...
Spoiler:

Real Age: 13

Personality: A guy that likes to hog stuff. I find my little brother very annoying, because he always lies about stuff he did. I have a lot of nightmares.

History: I am a 13 year old boy, and I love pokemon. I was born in England, but now live in Belgium.

Starter Pokémon:
Bagon
  • Level 13
  • Nickname: Draking
  • Ability: Rock Head
  • Nature: Docile

Roleplay Sample: This is my first RP... here goes nothing! I am Gary in thin thingy.
Spoiler:
Gary went to the crowd in the National park to see what was going on.

'We are holding A Bug Catching Contest from now on, every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday!'

The crowd erupted! They had been waiting for this for months!

'Sign up inside that building on the right!'

Everyone rushed to sign up. But Gary was not that interested. He could just find them himself. He went off to the park and found a Caterpie under a tree. It was asleep, so Gary would have an easy time capturing it. He walked up to the Caterpie quietly, and then threw a Great ball. He was waiting... But the Caterpie had got out of the Great ball and was very wide awake. Caterpie then looked at the people participating in the Bug Catching Contest, and thought all his friends were going to great trainers, who would take care of them, make their breakfast and be a good friend, so caterpie said 'Caterpie, Cate Caterpie!' It meant 'I wannna join you. Throw a Pokeball! Gary threw a Luxury Ball at it, and the Caterpie was caught.

Gary went back to Goldenrod City, to have his second attempt at Whitney.
Of course, you can ask me stuff, but I won't usually know the answer
You like my signature? If you do, I owe you 100 bucks. Just messing with ya!
Oh yeah, I have super pokemon rumble too. All of you guys are awesome
Skitty smiley!

Last edited by Ptzery; December 18th, 2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old December 18th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Claire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I guess you can. It could make the game interesting! Just don't ruin the RP for the others without their consent, please :p
Oh you know I would never dream of doing something without another player's consent. That's why I even asked about the idea.
Old December 18th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptzery View Post
Can I sign up? If so...
Spoiler:

Real Age: 13

Personality: A guy that likes to hog stuff. I find my little brother very annoying, because he always lies about stuff he did. I have a lot of nightmares.

History: I am a 13 year old boy, and I love pokemon. I was born in England, but now live in Belgium.

Starter Pokémon:
Bagon
  • Level 13
  • Nickname: Draking
  • Ability: Rock Head
  • Nature: Docile

Roleplay Sample: This is my first RP... here goes nothing! I am Gary in thin thingy.
Spoiler:
Gary went to the crowd in the National park to see what was going on.

'We are holding A Bug Catching Contest from now on, every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday!'

The crowd erupted! They had been waiting for this for months!

'Sign up inside that building on the right!'

Everyone rushed to sign up. But Gary was not that interested. He could just find them himself. He went off to the park and found a Caterpie under a tree. It was asleep, so Gary would have an easy time capturing it. He walked up to the Caterpie quietly, and then threw a Great ball. He was waiting... But the Caterpie had got out of the Great ball and was very wide awake. Caterpie then looked at the people participating in the Bug Catching Contest, and thought all his friends were going to great trainers, who would take care of them, make their breakfast and be a good friend, so caterpie said 'Caterpie, Cate Caterpie!' It meant 'I wannna join you. Throw a Pokeball! Gary threw a Luxury Ball at it, and the Caterpie was caught.

Gary went back to Goldenrod City, to have his second attempt at Whitney.
Check the list in the first post. Currently all spots are reserved, meaning I will look at their sign ups before I look at any others.

As for your SU, I can give you some help if you're new to RPing on PC :) We usually look for characters with more depth. Think about your character for a day or so before writing the sign up, and make sure that he or she really is someone you'd like to play with, and someone who has got a solid enough backstory to make their personality believable. We don't normally RP as ourselves. Also generally, we want to see more text in each section (especially Personality and History) since one sentence usually doesn't say enough about a character.

If you're new and want to find a good RP to join, I'd suggest Pokémon Trainer Academy. They usually have spots open and are friendly to all!

Quote:
Oh you know I would never dream of doing something without another player's consent. That's why I even asked about the idea. :)
I do trust you to turn the idea into something interesting, so go ahead ;)
Old December 18th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Nebula
♚ Here's looking at you, kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Could you put up an SU on Friday or Saturday at the latest?
My last final is due by Thursday morning, so I should have plenty of time to get it up either Friday night or Saturday morning. Thank you for giving me the opportunity, I appreciate it! This RP looks like it has the potential to be a load of fun. :-)

Frequent Visitor of the Roleplay Corner // Roleplays - // Pairless
Old December 18th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
SU is done...I think? I am not sure if you require a description of the appearance or you just want a picture. If you do require a description of the avatar, I'd be gladly add that quickly. Other than that, it's done! Lemme know if I am missing something. :)

Spoiler:

Madalyn Martinez

Personality

Have you ever met someone who is super lazy? Madalyn considers herself as the biggest slacker people had ever met. If you make her do something, or if she has a big test coming up for a final exam, she'll slack off and won't do them UNTIL the last minute. And yet, she'll get things (even the most important) absolutely done. Part of her, however, she is very ambitious to her goals, both long term and short goal. She already achieved her biggest goal of all: graduating from college.

Around people in real life, Madalyn is very loyal and rapid. She talks very fast when she's very excited. She loves to see people happy, and is willing to make people turn that frown upside down if she sees one. However, she'll be the stubborn one herself when she feels sad, not letting anyone make her happy until she is unable to resist. She's also clumsy, making frequent mistakes and letting them happen on a much frequent basis. Her friends are used to her mistakes and her clumsiness, so she always feel confident in herself.

Madalyn has two main fears: darkness and heights (aka claustrophobic and acrophobia). She hasn't gotten over her two fears and she feels that she won't get over them in her lifetime. Even friends have tried to calm her down. But all was failed. She's also very secretive at times, hiding her obsession with Pokemon a million times from her friends. There are some things inside Madalyn that she refuses to uncover, which is why she loves to pretend she doesn't know anything about a certain subject, when in fact she does.

History

Born and raised in a beach town of Ensenada, Mexico, Madalyn grew up on water...well, not really. Her fisherman father owned a beach home south of town. Growing up, she always accompanied her father in several fishing trips every year, bringing home freshly caught fish to ship to supermarket chains all over Mexico. Her favorite food was obviously fish.

Madalyn was an only child. Her parents weren't even married. When her mother had Madalyn, she was barely 16. Her father was 17. She was on the verge to be put up for adoption until her father decided to raise her. Having to drop out of high school and to get a job as a local fisherman just to make ends meet with Madalyn. Her mother didn't agree with her father's plans, so at the age of 2, she moved to the USA to start a new life, leaving her only daughter behind.

Throughout her childhood, Madalyn loved Pokemon. She owned almost every game on every console. Her father even played Pokemon with her at times when they are together. It was also a reward for her success at school, achieving higher marks on most subjects except Math, which was her worst subject ever. The downside, however, Madalyn's friends don't know that she plays Pokemon, as it wasn't as popular in Mexico than in other parts of the world. She would always leave her game at home and wait to get home to play it. By the time she reached high school/college, she entered a Pokemon Tournament Competition held by the school's Associated Student Government. She told her friends that she'll enter, but pretending that she had no prior knowledge of Pokemon whatsoever. After sweeping every round in that competition, she won 1st, not only impressing her friends, but the whole city of Ensenada.

Entering University, she still kept her secret of Pokemon inside of her...despite winning several other local Pokemon Battle Tourneys. She majored in Marine Biology, because she was fascinated by marine life. After four years of university, she finally graduated, and her father gifted her a game she never thought of herself getting: Monster Art Online.

Her life was sweet. She got a job right out of college as a Marine Biologist, continued to become the best competitive Pokemon battler in the city, even while hiding her secret from her friends, and continued to follow the fandom as a whole. One day when she wasn't playing Pokemon, she decided to try out Monster Art Online.

She decided to create a brand new identity to cover up her real one, as she was afraid that people who know her would find her playing the game. For that, she created an avatar that's a lot different from her actual appearance. Her name was changed too, naming herself Parker...and her age was now 18 in the virtual world. She loved grass-types, and was intending on choosing Chikorita as a starter..but by accident, she chose Cyndaquil, naming it KC, right after her best friend from school.

Roleplay Sample

from Super Smash Bros: Augustine Rush - as Ariyanna Marie Soares
Spoiler:
“Pika, pika, pikaaaaa...” An exhausted Ariya entered the forest, finally...after hours of practicing her Pikachu skills, given by the dragon Cammy. Her hands were filled with static, with thunder jolts ready to fire. She followed the riverbank as it lead north. She wanted to know where it headed, as it would determine how long the island was.

All of the sudden, she heard screeches...sounds she wasn't familiar with. Ariya panicked a bit as she continued the path with baby steps instead. Sounds of unfamiliar animals and possibly monsters. With her left hand filled with electricity, Ariya started throwing jolts at every side of her. All of them jumping away from her, and fading from feet away. Immediately one of her jolts hit something...or someone. The startled Ariya stood there numb, as the forest's breeze blew, through the loose green leaves. She used her quick attack skill to climb to the nearest tree, in order to cover herself from danger.

This thing was out to get her, it seemed. The panic inside Ariya was rising, so she quickly headed to the next tree near her, hiding inside the leaves. Taking half of her head, she decided to take at least a quick peek at the outside. “Pikaaaa...” she made a soft sound.

Voices can be heard. She was not alone on the island.

“Someone's here for me. Oh joy!” she whispered to herself “But wait...” she cringed at her thoughts inside her mind. She can't trust anyone just yet. She despises strangers. Afterwards, she decided to cross two other trees, and two to the left, moving farther away from the riverbank she was walking aside on, not realizing she was losing her sense of direction.

The breeze got colder and colder as she jumped from tree to tree. A couple more trees, as a matter of fact. But closer, the sounds she heard before, were closing in. It may be a large island, but she can hear basically everything. She decided to settle on the orange fruit tree, spotting two other...humans? It was some guy in the Mario costume and a Meta Knight mask & costume. He had wings too. As Ariya got closer to the edge of the branch, right above the Mario so she could listen to them talk, she took an orange and started to consume it.

The orange was so juicy, she thought as she peeled it. She tried gathering all her orange peels and placed them inside her jacket pocket, until she can throw them away later. Eavesdropping seemed to be her thing...or at least, Pikachu's thing.

Without noticing, the branch she was sitting on starts to crack quickly, while Ariya enjoyed her first orange on the island. The branch started to fall steep down with Ariya on it, and Ariya shrieked, letting go of her orange. She fell from the high branch, bumping to three branches in front of her. “Ow! Pika! Pikaooooow!”

Thankfully, it was not much of a long fall for her, landing face down right behind the Mario-costumed guy and the Meta Knight man. It was the best for sure that they noticed her...as well as notice that they are not the only ones on the island.

Parker

Appearance

As someone who wants to show off her true self in a virtual world, as well as hide her true identity from the cruel real life, Parker decided to go for a wild, wild look. Dressing up as a semi-gothic schoolgirl, with cat ears to reflect her solitary personality. Comparing to her curly brown hair in real life, Parker has long, black hair, down to her knees. With teal,white, and pink streaks on her bangs and at the back of her hair. It was her dream hair style, but it was a dream she never thought of making it true.

Her skin is pale white. As someone coming from the beach town of Ensenada, you can't tell if she was at the sun a lot. Her pink colored eyes are real in MAO, reflecting her love of of the color pink. She was also a fan of wild jewelry as well, wearing accessories such as striped arm sleeves, huge bracelets, and painting her fingernails black. Mascara and eyeliner are the only makeup she wears on her face. This was the only attribute she maintained from real life to virtual life.

The school uniform was similar to most anime shows that had schoolgirls with cool uniforms. Parker had a white shirt, with a blue collar on the back. She also wore a hot pink ascot, loose on the front. She never tucked in her shirt, and she refuses to...because it was short. Wearing a black wrinkled skirt with the length down to her thighs, and black knee-high socks to complete her school girl look. Last but not least, to match her perfect look, she wore teal flat shoes...although she is at risk of foot problems on her way up to her journey in MAO.

Pokemon

Cyndaquil [KC]
Level: 10
- Tackle
- Smokescreen
- Leer
- Ember

ARIC ALMIROLA
coke zero 400 winner | daytona beach, florida | july 6, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour

Last edited by Cadance; December 18th, 2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: added one more field!
Old December 18th, 2012, 01:37 PM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
alright RHCP easily fixed up. Though I still intend to grab kabuto and shieldon as soon as I may. I'll re-work it, and add some fossil antics to his real life to add some more history. I'll probably go with a tyrouge. a relatively interesting and different sort of pokemon.
Old December 18th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
SU is done...I think? I am not sure if you require a description of the appearance or you just want a picture. If you do require a description of the avatar, I'd be gladly add that quickly. Other than that, it's done! Lemme know if I am missing something. :)

Spoiler:

Madalyn Martinez

Personality

Have you ever met someone who is super lazy? Madalyn considers herself as the biggest slacker people had ever met. If you make her do something, or if she has a big test coming up for a final exam, she'll slack off and won't do them UNTIL the last minute. And yet, she'll get things (even the most important) absolutely done. Part of her, however, she is very ambitious to her goals, both long term and short goal. She already achieved her biggest goal of all: graduating from college.

Around people in real life, Madalyn is very loyal and rapid. She talks very fast when she's very excited. She loves to see people happy, and is willing to make people turn that frown upside down if she sees one. However, she'll be the stubborn one herself when she feels sad, not letting anyone make her happy until she is unable to resist. She's also clumsy, making frequent mistakes and letting them happen on a much frequent basis. Her friends are used to her mistakes and her clumsiness, so she always feel confident in herself.

Madalyn has two main fears: darkness and heights (aka claustrophobic and acrophobia). She hasn't gotten over her two fears and she feels that she won't get over them in her lifetime. Even friends have tried to calm her down. But all was failed. She's also very secretive at times, hiding her obsession with Pokemon a million times from her friends. There are some things inside Madalyn that she refuses to uncover, which is why she loves to pretend she doesn't know anything about a certain subject, when in fact she does.

History

Born and raised in a beach town of Ensenada, Mexico, Madalyn grew up on water...well, not really. Her fisherman father owned a beach home south of town. Growing up, she always accompanied her father in several fishing trips every year, bringing home freshly caught fish to ship to supermarket chains all over Mexico. Her favorite food was obviously fish.

Madalyn was an only child. Her parents weren't even married. When her mother had Madalyn, she was barely 16. Her father was 17. She was on the verge to be put up for adoption until her father decided to raise her. Having to drop out of high school and to get a job as a local fisherman just to make ends meet with Madalyn. Her mother didn't agree with her father's plans, so at the age of 2, she moved to the USA to start a new life, leaving her only daughter behind.

Throughout her childhood, Madalyn loved Pokemon. She owned almost every game on every console. Her father even played Pokemon with her at times when they are together. It was also a reward for her success at school, achieving higher marks on most subjects except Math, which was her worst subject ever. The downside, however, Madalyn's friends don't know that she plays Pokemon, as it wasn't as popular in Mexico than in other parts of the world. She would always leave her game at home and wait to get home to play it. By the time she reached high school/college, she entered a Pokemon Tournament Competition held by the school's Associated Student Government. She told her friends that she'll enter, but pretending that she had no prior knowledge of Pokemon whatsoever. After sweeping every round in that competition, she won 1st, not only impressing her friends, but the whole city of Ensenada.

Entering University, she still kept her secret of Pokemon inside of her...despite winning several other local Pokemon Battle Tourneys. She majored in Marine Biology, because she was fascinated by marine life. After four years of university, she finally graduated, and her father gifted her a game she never thought of herself getting: Monster Art Online.

Her life was sweet. She got a job right out of college as a Marine Biologist, continued to become the best competitive Pokemon battler in the city, even while hiding her secret from her friends, and continued to follow the fandom as a whole. One day when she wasn't playing Pokemon, she decided to try out Monster Art Online.

She decided to create a brand new identity to cover up her real one, as she was afraid that people who know her would find her playing the game. For that, she created an avatar that's a lot different from her actual appearance. Her name was changed too, naming herself Parker...and her age was now 18 in the virtual world. She loved grass-types, and was intending on choosing Chikorita as a starter..but by accident, she chose Cyndaquil, naming it KC, right after her best friend from school.

Roleplay Sample

from Super Smash Bros: Augustine Rush - as Ariyanna Marie Soares
Spoiler:
“Pika, pika, pikaaaaa...” An exhausted Ariya entered the forest, finally...after hours of practicing her Pikachu skills, given by the dragon Cammy. Her hands were filled with static, with thunder jolts ready to fire. She followed the riverbank as it lead north. She wanted to know where it headed, as it would determine how long the island was.

All of the sudden, she heard screeches...sounds she wasn't familiar with. Ariya panicked a bit as she continued the path with baby steps instead. Sounds of unfamiliar animals and possibly monsters. With her left hand filled with electricity, Ariya started throwing jolts at every side of her. All of them jumping away from her, and fading from feet away. Immediately one of her jolts hit something...or someone. The startled Ariya stood there numb, as the forest's breeze blew, through the loose green leaves. She used her quick attack skill to climb to the nearest tree, in order to cover herself from danger.

This thing was out to get her, it seemed. The panic inside Ariya was rising, so she quickly headed to the next tree near her, hiding inside the leaves. Taking half of her head, she decided to take at least a quick peek at the outside. “Pikaaaa...” she made a soft sound.

Voices can be heard. She was not alone on the island.

“Someone's here for me. Oh joy!” she whispered to herself “But wait...” she cringed at her thoughts inside her mind. She can't trust anyone just yet. She despises strangers. Afterwards, she decided to cross two other trees, and two to the left, moving farther away from the riverbank she was walking aside on, not realizing she was losing her sense of direction.

The breeze got colder and colder as she jumped from tree to tree. A couple more trees, as a matter of fact. But closer, the sounds she heard before, were closing in. It may be a large island, but she can hear basically everything. She decided to settle on the orange fruit tree, spotting two other...humans? It was some guy in the Mario costume and a Meta Knight mask & costume. He had wings too. As Ariya got closer to the edge of the branch, right above the Mario so she could listen to them talk, she took an orange and started to consume it.

The orange was so juicy, she thought as she peeled it. She tried gathering all her orange peels and placed them inside her jacket pocket, until she can throw them away later. Eavesdropping seemed to be her thing...or at least, Pikachu's thing.

Without noticing, the branch she was sitting on starts to crack quickly, while Ariya enjoyed her first orange on the island. The branch started to fall steep down with Ariya on it, and Ariya shrieked, letting go of her orange. She fell from the high branch, bumping to three branches in front of her. “Ow! Pika! Pikaooooow!”

Thankfully, it was not much of a long fall for her, landing face down right behind the Mario-costumed guy and the Meta Knight man. It was the best for sure that they noticed her...as well as notice that they are not the only ones on the island.

Parker

Pokemon: Cyndaquil [KC]
Level: 10
- Tackle
- Smokescreen
- Leer
- Ember

Since I don't see your whole character in the image, a description in text would be nice, yes :) It's just so that the other RPers can picture your character well and correctly~
Old December 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Personality: Jad is pretty nice in general, he loves to make friends and battle them in Pokemon games with his Nintendo DS. He likes the pokemon special manga too. He's nice, brave, strong,cheerful and justice, never gives up! Everyone likes him, but sometimes he may be stubborn...Jad doesn't like to lose to his friends in a Pokemon battle (DS) mainly to those he doesn't like.
History: Jad lives in St. Louis,Missouri on the United States but he was born in Orlando, Florida when his family were visiting Florida because of Disney Land. Jad has a older brother.older sister and two little sisters. He and his older brother are the only ones who likes Pokemon in their family.

Avatar Appearance: Jad has short black hair, black eyes, a red hat but his hair can appear a little, red and white jacked, black T-shirt, blue jeans (Of course It's blue! Lol) a tennis and a yellow bag with a Pokeball sign in it.
Starter Pokémon: Eevee lv.10. Helping Hand, Tackle, Tail Whip and Sand Attack.

Roleplay Sample: From: Super Smash Bros. Augustine Rush! : In the Beach, Randy just finished training. He already knows every move Kirby has. He's feeling like a boss! But this Camelia dragon, said to Randy that he wasn't alone. So he's probably not the strongest around the island.

''OK. This Island is pretty strange. And the best thing to do when your in a place you don't know is...exploring! I guess I should explore this forest. Huh? I see something in there.''

Randy ran to see the strange monster he just saw. It turned out to be a Koopa Troopa. Oh well...
''Well, nothing better to do REAL training. I guess I'll just get my powerful hammer and hit this Koopa Troopa.'' The Koopa Troopa went flying. Oh no...and there comes more Koopa Troopas. ''WAAAAAH!!!! I'M SOOOORRRRRYYYYYY!'' said Randy in a very loud noise and ran.

" Whew...I got off...'' TUM! Randy's stomach just growled. ''Ohhhhh....I'm without food...oh wait! A tree with Apples! Whew, I'm very lucky I guess I will rest here. I can make fire with those woods!"

Randy grabbed the Apples and ate them, and rested in the middle of the giant forest. Still a long way to go!

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old December 18th, 2012, 02:59 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Hm...guess I'll have to be patient, then. Though, I suppose there's no harm in working on my SU, just in case.
Old December 18th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Since I don't see your whole character in the image, a description in text would be nice, yes :) It's just so that the other RPers can picture your character well and correctly~
And added! Hopefully that sums up what Parker looks like. :D

ARIC ALMIROLA

Shining Armour
Old December 18th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Claire*

I'll hopefully have my SU completed by tomorrow.
Old December 18th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
The CSS in the first post makes this RP look delicious yet somehow intimidating at the same time o.O I shall attempt to join anytime soon, assuming you won't be accepting everyone who's reserved a spot so far

PS. I'm back from the death... Fear me >:D

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old December 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Nature: Quirky
Ill start *actually* writing my SU when I get home from work today. NINE TILL SEVEN BABY I LOVE CHRISTMAS

Also, since you wrote "another Pokemon game", can we assume that Pokemon exists in the real world already and since its set in the world, those who have already playe the games should have a general idea where to go?
Old December 18th, 2012, 09:18 PM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Hmm... Since spots are full, I'm just going to reserve a reserve spot. I'm just going to work on my SU until spots clear up... hopefully.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old December 18th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
And added! Hopefully that sums up what Parker looks like. :D
Indeed, unless I've missed anything else, you are accepted!

Quote:
I'll hopefully have my SU completed by tomorrow. :)
Joy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vato View Post
The CSS in the first post makes this RP look delicious yet somehow intimidating at the same time o.O I shall attempt to join anytime soon, assuming you won't be accepting everyone who's reserved a spot so far :P

PS. I'm back from the death... Fear me >:D
Vato! Glad to see you're alive :D heh, if people keep expressing interest, I might open up more spots. It's just that I wanted to set the limit somewhere and I've never made a RP with as much as 10 players before so I kind of want to start there :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Ill start *actually* writing my SU when I get home from work today. NINE TILL SEVEN BABY I LOVE CHRISTMAS

Also, since you wrote "another Pokemon game", can we assume that Pokemon exists in the real world already and since its set in the world, those who have already playe the games should have a general idea where to go?
YOU SO bad fan GOOD GIRL!

Yeah, I assume you mean that the pokémon games exist, just like in our real world. Yes, they do :) This is perhaps around 2025 or something, when technology is just a liiittle more advanced and something like MAO is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerpow7 View Post
Hmm... Since spots are full, I'm just going to reserve a reserve spot. I'm just going to work on my SU until spots clear up... hopefully.
I'll remember that you're interested ^^ for now I think you're... number three in line or something. I sure hope RPers aren't going to quit though ;D GMs never hope for that!

Last edited by Adventure; December 19th, 2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:17 AM
CyBeastSaber
I'M BACK!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CyBeastSaber
Hnnng.... I better start writing up an awesome SU..... hahaha... Will add it here and do edits here.

The "REAL" WIP Sign-Up Sheet

Real Age: 21
Personality: (shaping your History gives way to your personality, people! remember this! xD) (Oh yes.... and SUBJECT TO CHANGE through the RP)
In the past, Cress was energetic, a bit clumsy to a fault, and an amiable friend to everyone. He enjoyed the company of people and many enjoyed being with him. Cress was almost always poking his nose in other people's affairs that usually caused him unwanted troubles, but he would brush it by and continued where his curiosity took him. He grew up from a child rather normally... one would think.

As the years went by, they showed Cress the disgusted eyes of people whom abhor his split nationality and foreign father, which in turn, carved the path to his introverted personality. He rarely engages in any form of talk, especially at school, unless addressed to and his usual cold self drives others away. He tries to maintain a mature attitude possibly too much for his age sometimes. A skill he's picked up is zoning out noises from his surroundings allowing only for his selective hearing. Cress' priorities involves keeping himself away from the center of attention, which he has done well with over the years, and secretly mastering his craft of electronics knowledge, kendo and naginata training. Cress proudly carries his family heritage with pride but should anyone attack it, Cress has been known to enforce it with his fists. On a small note, when Cress gets embarrassed... he starts acting like a little kid and denies not being embarrassed or the such.

About the only few who Cress opens up to are his parents but lately, an old friend of his has been changing him slowly but surely with the happy-go-lucky demeanor he carries about himself, which Cress finds annoying. Cress is a bit dense and extremely inexperienced when it comes to the matter of love(well obviously lol), something his friend points out all too frequently. Cress enjoys being fast paced, a trait he received from his mother, with his work and doing things with the utmost effort from his father's teachings. 'If one was to do something, why not do it once with the most effort rather than try again with wasted effort?' was the motto Cress' father used and it stuck well with him.

As the story progresses, Cress begins to feel differently about himself and maybe he was blaming his reasons for being hated by people because of how he assumed they thought. Being overly cautious might not had been the best idea but Cress will begin to learn ways of finding the answers he seek through his actions and not his emotions alone. The game begins testing his own inner self as it battles through the walls he has created.

History: (Hm.... whats a good State to put in.... I dunno... may as well put where i am lol Sacramento, California, USA)
Cress was born between a Japanese father and an American mother. Cress's father was visiting the United States for business where he fell in love with his mother, an electronics expert and hobbyist graphic artist. A few years later, the marriage came and the birth of Cress.

Cress lived his childhood rather nonchalantly, enjoying his mother's love and his father's presence. There were many children his age who did the usual children's thing, playing around, making fun of girls they liked but didn't know they liked and etc. But... with age comes perception. Cress noticed his difference from the teens of his age with many not having mixed blood. This difference from his peers, due to his father's Japanese heritage despite having most of his mother's looks, made Cress feel out of place. Throughout his middle school years, the young man dealt with much of the oppressive feelings on his own and should his mother ask him of troubles, Cress would only put on his facade and ease her worries away.

Despite it all, Cress would gain two things, one each from his parents, that made him more confident in himself. First, was his great interest in electronics as his mother did, and he would frequently pose questions to his mother of problems he could not comprehend only to find that the answer was a simplistic approach. Cress and his mother shared this moment together in bliss. Second, was an interest in the art of Naginata and Kendo of which his father taught him. Being a former Naginata and Kendo practitioner, Cress' father soon gave up the arts to pursue a business degree to secure a better life for him and his family in the future. Though rusty, Cress' father would occasionally remember the arts with an unused wooden pole around the gardening shed. One fortunate night, Cress saw the arts and was captivated. Surprised, Cress' father decided to teach him, despite having doubts in the first place. Cress picked up the training quickly but his build couldn't handle excessive training yet. Eager to learn the arts, Cress encouraged himself and his father to train together and in turn, built a new bond between child and parent. Between electronic tinkering or training, Cress felt his worries vanish... ... although the reality of things was still lurking nearby... ...

In the recent days, Cress has been annoyed(he feels he's annoyed) by an old but friendly acquaintance from his elementary years and greeted by a long forgotten childhood friend, whom has an unrequited love for Cress. With the launch of MAO, Cress and his two friends, although he won't openly admit it yet, decided to try it together. Cress was already knowledgeable about Pokemon and played many of the games to understand many of the mechanics behind it but felt the MMO would be a new challenge. After obtaining a NerveGear and copy of the game from his mother, whom had connections to get it before the release, Cress finished his registration early waiting only on his friends to finish theirs... ... ... The journey... is about to begin...

As the story begins, Cress finds out that his two friends are missing, causing him much concern. Their names didn't appear on the Monolith that showed the names of people who had perished in the game, which relieved him greatly, however, that still doesn't mean they would be safe. Unable to find them in Cherrygrove or New Bark, Cress is left with the only option... of going forward. Still retaining much of his real self, Cress could only progress and take on the new world as much as he could. From the shattering images of random people he didn't know to the echoing voices that soon silenced, the game began molding his personality into something different but Cress knew things would have to change and staying the same wasn't going to do him any good. Life is all about adapting to change and can Cress do such a thing... only time would tell.

Avatar Name: Cy; the C from Cress and Y from Yoshikawa
Avatar Appearance: --> Character WIP <--
Cy stands at about 165 cm in height coming to an amount of 5' 4" give or take some while weighing a good 149 lbs. Cy likes his natural small build and feels an overly burly body was a distraction to himself despite it being just a game. His hair is a jet black hue, something he had longed to do to his hair but couldn't in respect of his mother, and it fell to his shoulder's length. The hair is tied near the end into a small ponytail bundle with a thin blue ribbon and rests on his left shoulder while his bangs, a few centimeters short of his Amber eyes, parts halfway from his forehead to each side fanning outwards and getting relatively longer. His pale skin specs are kept intact to maintain a level of relativity.

Cy's upper body is dressed in an unzipped Black hoodie over a Gray T-Shirt and his lower body, a Light Brown Cargo pants. A pair of black Nike tennis shoes can be seen on his feet with white socks reaching just above the collar of his shoes. On the left wrist, hidden beneath the hoodie's sleeves is a waterproof watch while both of his hands are fitted with black finger-less gloves. Upon the right side of Cy's custom fitted black belt are specially designed magnets that can hold up to the usual 6 pokeballs, while on the left is a brown pouch for his earnings. Cy also carries a dark blue backpack, for his other necessities that are too large for him to carry on hand, over his left shoulder most of the time.

Starter Pokémon:

Torchic-"Blaze"
Ability: Speed Boost ( cause I can't have it in real life! T-T )
Nature: Brave-
From pecking to fire-breathing, the little Blaze isn't afraid! ... ... Maybe things should be kept that way... for now...

Skill set:
Scratch - Growl - Peck
Focus Energy - Ember - Mirror Move(fails with extreme success)

Roleplay Sample:
Prologue: ~A Normal Sunday Morning...?~

*Bzzzzzt Bzzzzzt.... Bzzzzzt Bzzzzzt...*
A light vibration and noise came from the cell phone device that sat on top of the bed sheets of an empty navy blue bed. The morning sun rays phased through the thin window curtains and illuminated the room where the phone rested. The tan painted walls was filled with wall scrolls featuring electronics, games, and many other things, while the single desk, where a desktop computer stood on, danced with the rebounding rays of light. The smell of dew scurried through the small opened window and settled in the motionless haven before fading away. As the phone continued making it's intended noise, the door across from the bed softly squeaked, followed by the silhouette of a young man who made his way across the room not too briskly nor too slowly. Reaching down to pick up the phone before settling himself down onto the soft, tan, carpet floor, he pushed the accept button upon the device and raised it to his ear.

"Cress Cress! You finally picked up!" An energetic voice echoed through the cell phone. Cress yawned to himself but before he could reply back, the voice spoke up again. "Well, are you online yet? I'm logging in in a sec. Prim just texted me that she was waiting for us before she does so too." The excitement in the voice could be heard and Cress wasn't surprised. He was rather nervous and excited at the same time.

"Okay Gale... I'll give Prim a call and then log in." Cress replied back to his friend.

"You better text her. She'll probably freak out and won't say anything if you talk to her directly. Anyways, I'm logging in!" Gale commented before chuckling to himself and eventually ended the call. Cress knew Gale was right and though he wasn't sure why, Cress decided to text her. A few beeps and taps on the phone came and went, and within a few seconds, Cress pressed the send button before he laid the phone on top of his desk. Returning his computer off sleep mode, Cress began connecting all the wires of the NerveGear to the mainframe of his computer and made sure there was a working signal for the internet. After finishing his set up for the game, his phone beeped once more causing Cress to reach towards it. On the screen was a message from the one that was called Prim. Cress glanced at it and a small smile appeared on his face. Carefully grabbing the NerveGear device that was resting on the side of his computer, Cress brought it over his head and slowly placed it on. He laid back down on his bed before taking a deep breath.

"Phew... ... Okay... Here we go..." Cress murmured to himself before closing his eyes. The message he saw from Prim lingered for a second. 'Ok! Let's do our best. ()'

"... Link Start!"

------------------------------------------------------
Okay.... not so very awesome.... kind of bland.... bleh. Tell me if you want more fancy pants RP Samples or whatever...
Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code: 0002 5629 0917
Cookie Pointo:
PinkSapphire: 1

Guess that anime!
Quote:
Boy likes girl. Girl doesn't like boy. Boy is heartbroken and mulls around until BAM, he turns into seksay winged bishounen who catches the attention of girl but falls for girl's twin sister who falls for boy who falls for HER and-

Confusing? Betcha.

Last edited by CyBeastSaber; December 20th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Adventure
trust your doctor

Don't get lazy now, peeps. Work on those SUs so that we can get up and running... wait, isn't it Christmas soon? Gosh it's on Monday already (well, Tuesday for you americanpersons). Christmas for me usually means getting gifts, having fun with family, eating too much food and sweets and falling into foodcoma/sugarcoma -> wanting to sit down and RP for a bit.

Heh, what I mean by this is, is everyone ok with us starting this RP this weekend, before Christmas? In case some of you will be busy rather than free in the beginning of next week, perhaps it's better if we postponed the start.
Old December 19th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

I can get a first post going right before the 24th, if that's a perfect timing. The 24th and 25th I will be dead busy.

ARIC ALMIROLA

Shining Armour
Old December 19th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Nature: Gentle
My SU is basically finished. I just need to type it up. XD So I don't mind starting whenever everyone else feels like it.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links