The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:12 AM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros

Advertise here
Here are some Pixel Arts :3 Choke on them :3

Fusions, Recolors, and Retypes

Spoiler:


GSC Revamps

Spoiler:


Pixel Overs:

Spoiler:


Feel free to criticize this sprites so I can Improve my skills somehow... xD
__________________

Last edited by tajaros; April 9th, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old November 3rd, 2012, 06:05 AM
Meowth's Avatar
Meowth
That's Right!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TEAM ROCKET WAREHOUSE
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Meowth Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Meowth
Nice work, keep it up! I like the Azumarill/Quagsire fusion hahaha
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowth View Post
Nice work, keep it up! I like the Azumarill/Quagsire fusion hahaha
Thanks for the compliment. And I made that fusion just for lolz... xD

In speaking of Azumarill I add a revamp of it with Espeon. :D



__________________

Last edited by tajaros; November 23rd, 2012 at 02:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old November 30th, 2012, 04:45 AM
loucas's Avatar
loucas
100% hot
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: philippines
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post

i was checking the sprite discussion thread and and they were talking how awesome espeon's sprite is in GSC, and know i remeber where i saw a revamped GSC espeon. awesome :D
i'd like to see umbreon next !
__________________

BLACK: 4341 7135 0561
WHITE: 5372 5056 7476
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:35 PM
TheFattestSnorlax's Avatar
TheFattestSnorlax
カビゴン
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
I would like to see a GSC revamp of Snorlax
__________________
Ask a question, or make a suggestion of what I can do on http://thefattestsnorlax.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old December 12th, 2012, 01:37 AM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Thanks for the compliments guys sorry for the lack of sprite updates I got myself into hacking more... xD

Anyways here's the update my latest Fusion DigLord!



COME AT ME BRO!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old December 17th, 2012, 01:16 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~'s Avatar
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bronx, New York
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
Thanks for the compliments guys sorry for the lack of sprite updates I got myself into hacking more... xD

Anyways here's the update my latest Fusion DigLord!



COME AT ME BRO!
OMG xDDD

I'm sorry, it's so funny whenever I see Diglett with a body.....imagine Dugtrio looking like this? xD

Maybe the name can be Digchoke since it is a fushion of Diglett and Machoke, but besides that I love the shading, coloring and the fushion is put well together.

Quote:
I never knew how fat Azumaril really was back then, but anyways great shading and coloring

TG
__________________

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old December 18th, 2012, 11:29 PM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~ View Post
OMG xDDD

I'm sorry, it's so funny whenever I see Diglett with a body.....imagine Dugtrio looking like this? xD

Maybe the name can be Digchoke since it is a fushion of Diglett and Machoke, but besides that I love the shading, coloring and the fushion is put well together.



I never knew how fat Azumaril really was back then, but anyways great shading and coloring

:t354:TG
Haha, thanks I find doing funny splices much funnier when it's meme related haha... xD

Nah, still Diglord cause it's the LORD OF ALL POKEMON! lol. xD
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Kaliser's Avatar
Kaliser
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
I love the donphan-mamoswine splice, it's actually very good. The others are well done too but I like specially this one. Keep it up!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:19 AM
Blaid's Avatar
Blaid
Have you seen any rupee?
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Spain.
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blaid
Wow, splices looks very nice! Good job! You don't need to improve, they're fine. However, GSC revamps are like crushed, compacted. They are very little. But if you do the shadows-lights effect good it isn't a problem. Don't give up, we wanna see more like them!
__________________
Awards:
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old February 3rd, 2013, 04:25 PM
nuzamaki90's Avatar
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Carolina
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
That Diglett is the creepiest thing I'v ever seen in my life...

I LOVE IT
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Logiedan's Avatar
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: fountain of dreams
Age: 1
Gender: Male
Month old thread. The owner can message me to re-open the thread to update.

Locked
__________________
pair: Sheep
【=◈︿◈=】
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old March 19th, 2013, 12:50 AM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Thanks Logiedan for re-opening the thread.

Anyways I'm trying my best to get my hands on pixel overs.

Here's a WIP of Zoroark pixel overed.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Elaitenstile's Avatar
Elaitenstile
➜is not the last B E A C O N
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Tajaros is back!

Okay, so since I'm a acclaimed master of Pixel Overs (Ask Tackle) I'll have to give you advice. I'm not going for any "good job, it's great!" or anything like that. The Zoroark is weirdly resoluted. Not that it bothers me, but I can only lead to believe it's for your sig or a Titlescreen. So, how to improve it. Okay, so it's only a WIP.

Many of the outlines are still creased, and blackened out, where it's unnecessary. And one or to of its claws are not sharp. Except for that, we'll add on the shading now, mate!
__________________
➜deviantART

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:17 PM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Tajaros is back!

Okay, so since I'm a acclaimed master of Pixel Overs (Ask Tackle) I'll have to give you advice. I'm not going for any "good job, it's great!" or anything like that. The Zoroark is weirdly resoluted. Not that it bothers me, but I can only lead to believe it's for your sig or a Titlescreen. So, how to improve it. Okay, so it's only a WIP.

Many of the outlines are still creased, and blackened out, where it's unnecessary. And one or to of its claws are not sharp. Except for that, we'll add on the shading now, mate!
The outlines are all black still doing the shading seems to be hard :(((((((((( (Haha lol. not really I'm just too lazy working on this Pixel Over at this time.)

Nah, I was planning on using this for my hack though I have changed my mind and just gonna do this one for fun. Yeah thanks for the advice I'll improve the outlines and the other things you mentioned.

____________________________

This time I made a pixel over from the Sugimori Art of Zoroark tell me what you guys think.



This my first pixel over with shading... xD So bear with the eyes I just hate it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old March 22nd, 2013, 03:59 AM
osamaaftab's Avatar
osamaaftab
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
at which page the latest patch is?
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:24 AM
Elaitenstile's Avatar
Elaitenstile
➜is not the last B E A C O N
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile


Yah, you're improving a lot. But, the thing is that as usual I'm only pointing out the places where you can improve.

Thanks for using the shading style of the original art. I think it fits, but I had no idea you'll only use this part. So, this can be classified into a mugshot, so you'll need to put in extra shading which the original art overlooked because it focused on the whole image, not just one part. You should apply in the highlights, especially on the bulge on its forehead and top of its hair. Also, it could use some nice anti-aliasing. I don't think you're familiar with it, so forget this until you've mastered this xD.


The claws too. I recently put in a tut where you could understand a few things, but I'm not focusing on that.

The ears also look loose, but xD let's forget that.


The eyes, I can bear, I'll just improve it for you since you hate it.
Extend the black dot by one pixel all around it, and make the shading spherical. Other than that it looks fine xD.
__________________
➜deviantART

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old March 23rd, 2013, 09:28 PM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post


Yah, you're improving a lot. But, the thing is that as usual I'm only pointing out the places where you can improve.

Thanks for using the shading style of the original art. I think it fits, but I had no idea you'll only use this part. So, this can be classified into a mugshot, so you'll need to put in extra shading which the original art overlooked because it focused on the whole image, not just one part. You should apply in the highlights, especially on the bulge on its forehead and top of its hair. Also, it could use some nice anti-aliasing. I don't think you're familiar with it, so forget this until you've mastered this xD.


The claws too. I recently put in a tut where you could understand a few things, but I'm not focusing on that.

The ears also look loose, but xD let's forget that.


The eyes, I can bear, I'll just improve it for you since you hate it.
Extend the black dot by one pixel all around it, and make the shading spherical. Other than that it looks fine xD.
Yeah, Thanks I'll improve those things you pointed out.

Also I made a new pixel over and it's Cherim :)



What do you guys think?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old March 24th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Logiedan's Avatar
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: fountain of dreams
Age: 1
Gender: Male
Awesome pixel-over, but I think that tip of the leaf/petal on the right can look better. Regardless of if it looked the same as in the art, it just looks kinda messy. Some anti-aliasing and dithering isn't a bad idea.
__________________
pair: Sheep
【=◈︿◈=】
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old March 24th, 2013, 02:54 AM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logiedan View Post
Awesome pixel-over, but I think that tip of the leaf/petal on the right can look better. Regardless of if it looked the same as in the art, it just looks kinda messy. Some anti-aliasing and dithering isn't a bad idea.
Thanks, I'm still trying to get my hands on learning anti-aliasing though I already know a bit of dithering. Also what part needs dithering?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.