• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Majora's Mask Discussion Thread (aka the world is ending)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Sigh... this whole talk of the world ending is just nonsense.
I overheard people in my college talking about how they weren't going to study because apparently the world's going to end... have fun failing your exams! :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I honestly can't wait for Friday and Saturday to get over with cause then I won't have to hear this "end of the world" crap anymore and I can finally enjoy Christmas.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
Now while I don't expect the world to end, if it does I expect it to be some sort of zombie apocalypse.

Now, on a serious note, on December 22 should Netflix label "2012" as a comedy?

Sir Codin

They should. I think I'd even consider watching it after the "event" happens and getting a big laugh out of it.

Years
Yes, they should. And in the future, when I have children, I'm going to show them the movie and be like "I survived that."

My band director said that if the world ends on Friday, we're still holding our concert right through the apocalypse. Now that's dedication.

Cid

Years
I'm personally excited to see what will happen. The hype gets tiring to hear after a while, sure, but these sorts of stuff don't happen every so often. I don't believe the world will end; the Mayans themselves certainly didn't (they're actually supposed to celebrate, if they were still around, to usher the new b'ak'tun, instead of being blithering idiots). So seriously, get it together, people.

To quote a certain pop song from 2010, "It ain't the end of the world."

It's fun to have a pseudo-occasion like this in pop culture though, I mean try searching Tumblr for related stuff. You'll see "Dawn of The Second Day -48 Hours Remain-" posts, and if you're a Zelda fan (it's a Majora's Mask reference, specifically), then you might actually find it mildly entertaining.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
A friend of mine told me that he heard about a group planning to commit suicide on December 21, which is very saddening yet ridiculous if the world didn't end.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
A friend of mine told me that he heard about a group planning to commit suicide on December 21, which is very saddening yet ridiculous if the world didn't end.

A better plan is to wait it out until there are actually any signs that the world will end for real before actually suiciding. But hey, if people like them are going to be this impulsive, then they will not be missed if it happens to be a hoax.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
Sure I believe the world is going to end....just not on dec 21. i believe we will never actually guess the date it will just happen. this is just another one of those hoaxes to get everyone panicked. the mayans stopped the calender there because of some reason other then the end of the world.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Ways of Earth could be seeing its doom

Mother Nature - Earth would be soiling itself and on us with in this week. There hasn't been any tragic mother nature acts this week. Unless the ring of fire just suddenly explodes and monsters arise of the cracks, and forces us to send mountain size robots to fight them for us.

Solar flare from the Sun - Our Sun is waaay to young to murder us all.

Asteroids - Okay at least one or two astronomers would said something to the public that they found something hurdling towards us. unless some one is lying... dun dun dun.

Aliens - Same as the Asteroids. But Alien invasion would be second as a way to go out. It be awesome! Don't lie. It would.

Planet alignment - apparently it happened before, and nothing happens.

Earth rotation spins the opposite - Meh. Nothing would honestly happen.

Change of the poles - Though...We might get affected some how in the long run. ex Canada would be at the bottom of Earth and we would be getting the hot weather. And more floods after the snow melts. But wont happen.

The inside of Earth acts up - Okay, this could probably kill us. Our lands shift in some way or form due to unstable crust, entire continents slides, giant tsunamis form from the force, a lot of us would drown. Just imagine LA becoming the new north pole. But wont happen.

Zombie Apocalypse - I WOULD LOVE TO GO THOROUGH A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. I would be so ready for one. I'm pretty good with a bow and katana sword. So I'm good when it comes to defending myself. and the rules of a zombie outbreak. I would go out as a G!

Or Some power hungry idiot turns a key and presses the button, launching nukes. I'm looking at you North Korea. Or mad scientist creates a black hole on Earth.

But we do live in a world that anything could happen. So we just have to wait. But on the second thought. Australia, Asia would be going through disasters, hopefully they don't though.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
Ways of Earth could be seeing its doom

Mother Nature - Earth would be soiling itself and on us with in this week. There hasn't been any tragic mother nature acts this week. Unless the ring of fire just suddenly explodes and monsters arise of the cracks, and forces us to send mountain size robots to fight them for us.

Solar flare from the Sun - Our Sun is waaay to young to murder us all.

Asteroids - Okay at least one or two astronomers would said something to the public that they found something hurdling towards us. unless some one is lying... dun dun dun.

Aliens - Same as the Asteroids. But Alien invasion would be second as a way to go out. It be awesome! Don't lie. It would.

Planet alignment - apparently it happened before, and nothing happens.

Earth rotation spins the opposite - Meh. Nothing would honestly happen.

Change of the poles - Though...We might get affected some how in the long run. ex Canada would be at the bottom of Earth and we would be getting the hot weather. And more floods after the snow melts. But wont happen.

The inside of Earth acts up - Okay, this could probably kill us. Our lands shift in some way or form due to unstable crust, lands slides, giant tsunamis form from the force, a lot of us would drown. Just imagine LA becoming the new north pole. But wont happen.

Zombie Apocalypse - I WOULD LOVE TO GO THOROUGH A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. I would be so ready for one. I'm pretty good with a bow and katana sword. So I'm good when it comes to defending myself. and the rules of a zombie outbreak. I would go out as a G!

Or Some power hungry idiot turns a key and presses the button, launching nukes. I'm looking at you North Korea. Or mad scientist creates a black hole on Earth.

In regards to asteroids and aliens, we would see them coming for a long time before that got here (just to cover this argument, why would aliens hide if they are going to destroy us? They don't need to surprise us), earth rotation and change of poles are gradual events, I don't want to say that zombie apocalypse is impossible, but civilization is too advanced for one to begin. Planetary alignment that has been talked allot isn't even a proper alignment... So yea, nothing happening with that.

But yea, I agree with this.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Don't worry guys, I think I've got this one covered.
Spoiler:

If not, at least we'll go out in style
Spoiler:

I don't really buy into it much, but it's fun to joke about. I'm more upset about the fact that USPS still hasn't delivered the package I ordered yet. I thought it was supposed to be "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." Apparently "apocalypse" isn't included in that.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
you guys have it all wrong, it ends ten days after the 21st. I'm sure because my calendar ends on the 31st of December!
I don't even have a calendar, I'm pretty sure that means this is all a dream and the world ended when I got rid of mine.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
We're all doomed. Might as well start playing something fitting

Spoiler:

Years
I have a friend who, whenever she visits her family who live here in California, happens to visit on a day we have an earthquake. She's visiting on Friday. I'm expecting to feel the earth move.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I have a friend who, whenever she visits her family who live here in California, happens to visit on a day we have an earthquake. She's visiting on Friday. I'm expecting to feel the earth move.

Maybe she's the bringer of all Earthquakes to places she visits, and seeing that California is on the San Andreas Fault, my suspicion is that the fault will begin move on December 21.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im not sure an Earthquake near a fault like that would be that out of the ordinary, a large Earthquake, say near me might be however. We do get Earthquakes but not often. I think if one happened tomorrow it would be a coincidence since I dont believe this end of the world stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back