The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

View Poll Results: Who would win?
Kanto 12 41.38%
Unova 14 48.28%
Roughly a Tie 1 3.45%
All-Out Annihilation (No Winner) 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 11th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I saw a similar question on an answers site and thought I'd implement it as a topic here.

Let's presume something rather unfortunate happened: Unova and Kanto declared war with each other. We'll presume Johto (and those Pokémon) are not involved, and we'll also factor in that Hoenn and Sinnoh are separated from both regions at war and thus not involved.

If the Pokémon from Kanto went to war against the Pokémon from Unova in an all out battle, with only one winner...who would win?

(Posting in the B/W forum as this Unova has commonly been referred to as a rebirth, causing Kanto comparisons.)

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 11th, 2012, 07:18 PM
EQUALSGAMER
Proud user of Garbodor

Nature: Quirky
Kanto of course they have the 151 all great, strong, powerful pokemon. Unova only hydreigon,haxorus, and kyreum stand a chance. starters kanto charizard, venusaur, and blastoise against what, smugleaf evoulution line? no way. I can't make a top 5 best kanto pokemon because theres so many good ones, unova i can't even think of 5 good ones! mewtwo is the strongest pokemon EVER, genesect PLEASE!
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Kanto, because Mewtwo and Mew and the starters and the birds and the Missingno. and everything else. I'm not even a Genwunner and I'm still thinking Kanto

Slightly off topic, but I just had this image of Red, standing atop Mount Silver watching the battle, watching comrades and enemies fall down below him, and still standing alone...not...saying...a...single...word...*shivers* I just love Red xD
Old December 11th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Cinnabar
Fenniken is godly.

I feel that Unova would find an easy victory against Kanto. Believe me, I love Kanto to no end, but Unova just has so much more. Unova has Kyurem (B & W), Reshiram and Zekrom, The 3 musketeers (Or whatever they were called) + Keldeo, ect ect. Basically, Unova just has so many advantages in Pokemon, I just feel that Kanto would find a quick lose. You could argue, "What about Mewtwo and Mew?" Hydreigon would make quick work of both of them, or maybe I'm just over thinking it. Yeah, probably that.
Old December 11th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
There are 4 Unova Pokemon in Ubers, and 1 Kanto.

Out of the top 100 used Pokemon in OU, 26 are Unova and 24 are Kanto. Based on these statistics, it would be a close battle but Unova would come out on top. It makes sense; there's power creep involved through the generations, and RBY doesn't have any cover legendaries.

Protip to you guys: the legendary birds aren't even that strong. And Missingno can't fight so why would it count?

'Hoy, small fry!
Old December 11th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I mostly agree with what Toujours said. Unova has introduced 5 more Pokemon than Kanto, has had more interesting character designs, some very strong Pokemon and also has more Legendary Pokemon.

Also, unlike Kanto, Unova has actual cover Legendary mascots and Kanto only had its starters as the version mascots. Also, the Legendary birds are very frail and aren't helpful in battle at all, not to mention the only Uber they have is Mewtwo.

I also never played any Kanto games, and Unova is my fave region which explains this. And in terms of starter designs, Unova is better than Kanto.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old December 11th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Forever
let it go

Throwing this over to Pokemon General because it concerns more than one generation and isn't specific to B/W, if you have any complaints direct them to Toujours ~
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:42 AM
SilvertheX
Unhatched Egg

Really hate to say this but I think Unova would have the upper hand.
Not pokemonwise really.

I am seeing it from a military standpoint here and I am including the human as a factor.
Lets say it happens and the military are using the Pokemon of their respective regions and they would try to take over the other.
Then I would say that would have a higher chance in weapon delevopment (they did genetically engineer Mewtwo) But Unova, in case special trainers would capture the legendaries, they would have the upper hand in sheer power. Not that the Musketeer-trio would let the pokemon come to any harm or anything. Talking about legendary.
Not taking those in account Kanto has 149 (+/- 2) natural pokemon that are possibly catchable without affecting their nature and ecosystem while Unova has 143 (+/- 2)
Those lesser ones have mosly a bigger basepower than the ones in Kanto...
The location is also important as Unova seems to have a territorial advantage too as most areas are bigger cities which are safe to assume, ready for a battle.

Really a tough cookie but I'd bet on Unova

Old December 18th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Just checked the poll and Kanto has a slight edge, seven saying it would win compared to four for Unova (I myself have yet to vote). Anyone else wish to comment on why they chose one or the other?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old December 19th, 2012, 08:34 AM
enohp
Unhatched Egg

It has to be kanto, since they have lieutenant Surge. That has to count for something. After all what use are great pokemon without a leader.
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Isasapiens
A pine tree...

Nature: Quiet
Unova. It has Genesect, the four muskeeters, the three dragons (one of them can fuse with one of the other two and the result is a dragon with a 700 BST), Volcarona, Victini, Excadrill, the Three genies, Conkeldurr, Whimsicott, Bisharp and a load more that are powerful when used.
Kanto? The only noteworthy ones are the starters... (Charizard has SERIOUS rock problems, I might add.) Alakazam... Jolteon... Vaporeon... Mewtwo and Mew... the three birds... Machamp, Exegguttor... Starmie... Aerodactyl...

So, Unova wins, in my opinion.

Last edited by Isasapiens; December 19th, 2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Grammar fix'd
Old December 19th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I immediately thought to that thread where they discussed Unova or Sinnoh idk which had a crap load more legendaries than other generations. Obviously there's strength in numbers, not to mention the alternate formes that provide extra fire power. I can see that some of the Pokemon appear to be almost mirrored from Kanto, which makes it boil down to the legendaries, which make the whole difference against poor Mewtwo and his like 3 buddies. Unova, checkmate.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links