The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old December 19th, 2012 (11:17 AM).
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I edited it again, like I said, I omitted the fruit whatever. I'm not changing his goal though, because life at sea is pretty ambitious, especial because of his background. I put shipwrights and swordsman because he would have experience working on a ship if his entire life was spent on them, and he received a few years of training from a sword master. (He isn't a Zoro or anything, but he is close to a master)

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old December 19th, 2012 (11:42 AM).
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
Finished up my SU, I believe. Let me know if everything's alright.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old December 19th, 2012 (12:33 PM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Uhh...I can't edit my Sign Up with any more info before it just stops accepting text. But, I've filled up pretty much all of her History before what we discussed in PMs, so hopefully that's enough.

And her fighting style is done, too. So I think I'm done, unless there are any issues.
Old December 19th, 2012 (10:22 PM).
Raikiri
The Awakened
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I believe my SU is finally done. Let me know if anything is out of order.

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old December 20th, 2012 (12:32 AM).
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khawill View Post
I edited it again, like I said, I omitted the fruit whatever. I'm not changing his goal though, because life at sea is pretty ambitious, especial because of his background. I put shipwrights and swordsman because he would have experience working on a ship if his entire life was spent on them, and he received a few years of training from a sword master. (He isn't a Zoro or anything, but he is close to a master)
His appearance, personality and background need a lot more detail to them. Also, if you plan for him to be a shipwright, you should give some details on his skills, what ships he's made, his reputation as a shipwright, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
Finished up my SU, I believe. Let me know if everything's alright.
It's very solid. Approved, One note I'll add is I had planned to use english names for the devil fruits but its up to you which one you want to call it by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
Uhh...I can't edit my Sign Up with any more info before it just stops accepting text. But, I've filled up pretty much all of her History before what we discussed in PMs, so hopefully that's enough.

And her fighting style is done, too. So I think I'm done, unless there are any issues.
You likely have too much formatting in your post. You can tear some off and it'll probably let you write more. If you can fit in more on the background (or just edit and summarize a bit as it's already pretty lengthy) that would be great though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikiri View Post
I believe my SU is finally done. Let me know if anything is out of order.
Very interesting. Approved. I assume he's been to the Grand Line then considering he found a crew in the West Blue? It'll be interesting to interact with him and its probably a good idea that he's imprisoned (granted this was my idea ) because Morgan and Mei would be fighting forever if they happened to engage each other in combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
UPDATE

Name: Strider T. Nelson

Title: Eagle-Strike

Race: Human

Home: Strider is from the Eastern sea, on the Gecko Islands. He set off for his adventure at the age of 16 on a small boat his dad gave him.

Setting: Strider is a very, and I mean very, successful bounty hunter. He may work solo, but he has contacts in every corner of the known world. He went to Ruedaya in order to find some work, and maybe a crew. He wants to have an adventure where he can get some women and treasure.

Appearance: Nelson is a very lanky man. He's roughly 6'8, and he weighs about 200 pounds, almost all of it height. His long, greasy blonde hair is always tied back in a ponytail that hangs down to his shoulders. Nelson's skin is tanned brown, due to hours spent under the sun, waiting for the perfect shot on his target. Strider has long legs, so he has a long stride. It's ironic because his last name is Strider.

Nelson's face is very peculiar. His nose is hooked like a hawk's beak, and the out line of his face is very angular. His lips are usually pinched like a slash in a canvas. He almost never smiles, with the exception of when he gets his bounty, and even then its a ominous, creepy smile that shows his perfectly white teeth, in which he takes pride.

His usually clothing is light brown linen pants, a white collared shirt, and a large, dark brown trench coat with a tricorn hat.

Personality: There are very few men like Nelson T. Strider. Despite his towering appearance and wolfish grin, his voice is very soft and faint. He talks almost in a whisper all the time...ominously quiet. Whenever he is making a deal with a possible client or dealing with rival bounty hunters, he keeps a hand on his pistol's handle and his cutlass's hilt to show that he is just as dangerous as anybody around.

He absolutely loves the prospect of killing an opponent, and takes even greater pleasure in removing the heads of his quarry to bring to his clients.

Goal: He's in it for very few reasons: He wants dangerous adventure, all the women he can get, and treasure beyond his wildest dreams.

Devil Fruit: NO

Powers

Weapons: Flintlock Long-Rifle for long range and medium range, Flintlock Pistol for short range, and regular Cutlass for close combat.

Powers: Nelson is considered the best shot in the Eastern sea, and he accels in ranged combat. His eye sight is superior to many, and he can hold his breath for a long time while under water. However, he's not very good at sword play or close combat, and his stomach is weak for a bounty hunter with blood stained past.

Background:
Your character's history. It should relate to their hometown and conclude with how they arrived on Ruedaya and why. Two to three paragraphs at least, as this is integral to who your character is and how they got to where they're at now.

I can see you're still working on your sign-up and it's coming along nicely. You'll need to extrapolate on the details of his appearance and personality though as those are some pretty small paragraphs. He's also a bit too bloodthirsty for a crew of pirates with some dignity. He can certainly love combat or making a kill, but you may want to paint him as a nicer guy. He doesn't need to be friendly or even social, but a guy who enjoys the slaughter of people in general wont be a good fit for the crew.

Also, if you could please, keep your sign-up in one post and just edit it when you make changes and post or PM to let me know when those changes have been made. It makes it easier for me to keep track of your character's progress.

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGH...

In a world without substance, a nonsense signature is only appropriate!
Old December 20th, 2012 (12:36 AM).
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Geonis T. Cabella

Race:
Skypeian

Home:
As a child, Cabella lived on Seraph Island, a sky cloud that neighbored Angel Island. Despite its name, it was a lot smaller than Angel Island and was closer to the sea floor. Still, commuting from island to island was still relatively easy thanks to the Karasumaru that made their rounds to the island often every day.

Weaponsmith - One who creates weapons for the crew. They are similar to blacksmiths, with the exception that they specialize in creating weapons. Having said that, they are capable of making other items, so long as they have the knowledge to do so.

Cabella, being a Skypeian who studied their technology, specializes in integrating Dial functionality into the weapons.

Setting:
This is how you'll come into the roleplay when it begins and your character's history will conclude with where your character's setting is at once the roleplay starts. The list of options is bolded in the You section, but they are: traveler, emigrant, bounty hunter, ex-marine with the officer, ex-marine alone, pirate, prisoner, officer's escapee on ship, or local. You can elaborate on the setting if you want, but keep details for the background section. Be aware that the crew is formed by chance. Nobody knows that they're about to join a pirate crew when the RP starts.
If you chose the academic occupation, your setting is officer's escapee on ship.

Appearance:
However you want them to look! Be sure to elaborate on their body type, hair, eyes, scars if any, and their typical attire plus anything else you can think of. Two paragraphs at least so we get an idea of how they look. You may offer up a picture, but it won't substitute for a written description.

Personality:
Create a fun and interesting character. Specify their behavior, habits, pet peeves, and whatever else you come up with to really flesh out your character. Try for at least a paragraph or more.

Goal:
Burn down the intolerant, tyrannical government that currently exists and create order throughout the land.
Old December 20th, 2012 (08:59 AM).
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Alright. No problem. I'll update it.
Old December 20th, 2012 (10:08 PM).
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post

Geonis T. Cabella

Race:
Skypeian

Home:
As a child, Cabella lived on Seraph Island, a sky cloud that neighbored Angel Island. Despite its name, it was a lot smaller than Angel Island and was closer to the sea floor. Still, commuting from island to island was still relatively easy thanks to the Karasumaru that made their rounds to the island often every day.

Weaponsmith - One who creates weapons for the crew. They are similar to blacksmiths, with the exception that they specialize in creating weapons. Having said that, they are capable of making other items, so long as they have the knowledge to do so.

Cabella, being a Skypeian who studied their technology, specializes in integrating Dial functionality into the weapons.

Setting:
This is how you'll come into the roleplay when it begins and your character's history will conclude with where your character's setting is at once the roleplay starts. The list of options is bolded in the You section, but they are: traveler, emigrant, bounty hunter, ex-marine with the officer, ex-marine alone, pirate, prisoner, officer's escapee on ship, or local. You can elaborate on the setting if you want, but keep details for the background section. Be aware that the crew is formed by chance. Nobody knows that they're about to join a pirate crew when the RP starts.
If you chose the academic occupation, your setting is officer's escapee on ship.

Appearance:
However you want them to look! Be sure to elaborate on their body type, hair, eyes, scars if any, and their typical attire plus anything else you can think of. Two paragraphs at least so we get an idea of how they look. You may offer up a picture, but it won't substitute for a written description.

Personality:
Create a fun and interesting character. Specify their behavior, habits, pet peeves, and whatever else you come up with to really flesh out your character. Try for at least a paragraph or more.

Goal:
Burn down the intolerant, tyrannical government that currently exists and create order throughout the land.
The history of Skypiea has changed over the years and I'll fill you in on the details but they aren't too extensive.

About your occupation though. While you can vie for a custom role, being a weaponsmith solely is something that wont provide the crew with that much aid. However, you could have being a weaponsmith a secondary job they do and maybe have their combat style revolve around innovate dial use. What we really could use at this point is a navigator, cook, doctor and shipwright as we need those 4 before we can start.

Old December 20th, 2012 (11:01 PM).
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I'm not very familiar with One Piece but this seems like fun. Will being unfamiliar cause problems? If not may I reserve a place?
Old December 21st, 2012 (08:27 AM).
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
I've updated my SU. I'm still not completely done.
Old December 21st, 2012 (06:44 PM).
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
I'm not very familiar with One Piece but this seems like fun. Will being unfamiliar cause problems? If not may I reserve a place?
There's nothing you need to know about One Piece while signing up, but reservations are limited to those who want devil fruit powers. If you have any questions or are curious about something relating to One Piece, ask here or check out the One piece wiki.

Since we have a lot of humans though, if you're interested in playing another race, we could use some more crew variety. You're free to do whatever you want though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
I've updated my SU. I'm still not completely done.
Alright. I'll take another look at it when you complete it, but if you can in the mean time, try to make your sign-up more organized, combine some of your paragraphs as they're al really short and maybe reduce the formatting if that's causing you trouble.

Old December 22nd, 2012 (07:32 AM). Edited December 23rd, 2012 by gimmepie.
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Okay here is my SU, I hope this is okay.

Part 1
Spoiler:

Name: Redd L. Marcus

Title: Needle

Home: Loka in The Grand Line (Fictional) – Loka is a small, poor island with only a moderately sized village on it as settlement. Loka is a warm temperatured Spring island but does sometimes experience heavy rain, it is this balance that allows the unique plant-life to survive on the island. The island has been a target by both Marines and Pirates alike due to the wide range of medicinal plants found on the island.

Occupation: Doctor, especially knowledgeable on poisons and physiology

Setting: Bounty Hunter – Marcus has operated underground for some time now using his knowledge of toxins and the human body to take in, or take out targets... for the right price.

Appearance: Marcus has what appears to be an average, thin body but despite this appearance is physically fit and reasonably strong due to training of his body for his work as a bounty hunter. He has shaggy, long black hair that is short on the sides and a messy fringe and his eyes are deep and dark blue in colour. He usually have messy black stubble on his chin.
His typical attire consists of long, baggy black pants with torn bottoms on the legs, a simple white, short sleeved shirt and long, tawny brown coat that reaches to below his knees. He usually wears this coat open but in particularly cold weather it will be closed. His has a black, leather belt around his waist with several brown pouches that contain medical tools and poisons attached to it. He wears short, lace up brown boots and has a pierces left ear which has a small chain with a gold ball hanging from the end in it. He also has a thin scar just under his left eye that extends vertically down to about half-way down his nose. He is often described as having a gruff, yet neat appearance. He is generally considered to be not particularly attractive but far from ugly, he doesn't stand-out in a crowd witch is sometimes an advantage in his line of work.

Personality: Marcus tends to be a sarcastic person and has a jokey, adventurous and entertaining side to him, not to say that he can’t be serious when he needs to be though. He’s generally respectful to people and is loyal once befriended but has a particularly nasty and sadistic side which is usually aimed towards those he doesn't like. Those who know him tend to recommend you don’t do anything to earn his distrust, he has a distaste for those who are disloyal. He doesn't talk about his past much, because he feels his beliefs about loyalty are unjustified due to how he abandoned his home on the Grand Line. He has few things he particularly enjoys with the exceptions of gambling and a bizarre hobby for experimenting with medicine and poison. He becomes particularly annoyed by bad attempts at first aid, people who underestimate him and those who refuse to take action when it is necessary, even if it is to help themselves. He has a tendency to chide people for childish attitudes. He is also kind of touchy as to what the “L” in his name stands for.

Goal: It is hard to define his goal. He simply wants to make a living through his work and to explore the world. He doesn't particularly want to be rich, but won’t complain about making some decent money. He intends to find a former partner on a job and torture and kill him (see background). He also has an interest in seeing Loka again but is rather nervous about this due to the manor in which he left.

Part 2
Spoiler:

Devil Fruit: None

Weapons: Marcus uses a fairly wide range of weapons consisting of darts, scalpels and short, flat blades that are, more often than not, poisoned with some sort of toxin. He will also sometimes use vials of these toxins alone and when necessary knows the body well and is competent in hand-to hand combat. He is experimenting with toxins that could neutralise devil fruit but has been largely unsuccessful.
Powers: Marcus has extraordinary aim which when combined with his kills with poisons and knowledge of biology/physiology can make him a deadly opponent. When not using ranged methods of attack Marcus uses a fighting style revolving around hitting weak points on the body and pressure points or cutting vital point with a scalpel or blade. His main weaknesses are his inexperience with fire-arms (although he’d like to learn at some point) and that his opponents tend to be physically stronger than him or posses a devil fruit.

Background: Marcus was encouraged to be passive as a child and as such rarely got to act out his more adventurous wishes. He instead helped his father, the islands main doctor, gather useful medicinal plants. It was through this and his fathers teachings that he came to learn medical skills. At the age of about eleven he had taken a huge interest in medicines and although he wouldn't tell his father and mother, toxins. It was also around about this time that the surprisingly quiet (due to its location) little island began to see more traffic from pirates and due to this the navy. The pirates would often raid the village for its vast medical supplies or force doctors such as Marcus' father to aid their injured. The navy that moved to the island to keep an eye on pirate activity were a lowly ranked bunch of rowdy, corrupt drunkards who were almost a dangerous and bad for the local resources and people a the pirates. Marcus had a difficult time understanding why nobody stood up to either group, especially when skirmishes between the two began affecting the community of Loca, nevertheless he never got involved.

One day, when he was thirteen, during a particularly large battle between pirates and the navy Marcus ended up getting cut below his left eye, but he was lucky since several others died. That moment was when he decided that both groups had to go. He continued to refine his understandings of medicine and poisons, not just with the intention of healing, but with the intention of fighting back next time he was in danger. Eventually these studies led him to become one of the islands doctors at the young age of sixteen, needless to say he was very talented, especially with curing ailments caused by toxins. Despite his success Marcus was becoming more and more disillusioned with the islanders and their passive nature, being a doctor and helping aid the people he despised as well as their victims didn't help

At seventeen the biggest battle between the two groups yet occurred. He ran around, helping the injured during this time and saw many familiar faces die at the hands of pirate and marines, including his mother. A marine pulled out a pistol and shot her point blank in the face, it was clear she wasn't an enemy, he just did it, but what hurt him even more was that his father had been standing next to the pirate as he pulled the trigger and done nothing. Marcus later found out that his father had traded her life for his own. Enraged Marcus not only stopped hiding behind the peaceful, mask he had adopted but even in that moment through his kind and generous side away, he took a scalpel and poisoned it with sea-snake venom and took to pirate and marine alike throughout the rest of the battle. When it was over he buried his mother and several of his friends and set out to kill his father, not hard on a small island, but as his father cowered at his feet he decided that the man deserved to live with his sons hatred and the knowledge of his betrayal. Marcus left the island shortly after, selling his skills as a bounty hunter.

In his travels as a bounty hunter Marcus would sometimes become bogged down by his work, some of the people he had to hunt were people just like him, honest hard working people, but he had to do something to affect the world, he couldn't bare for people to no longer take action against their enemies, even if it meant being a weapon. He took to gambling and drinking to ease the burden he sometimes felt and to forget about Loka, but he couldn't help but want to return and see what had become of his home, though he didn't dare.

On his last job he had been chasing a vicious pirate and had been forced to team up with another bounty hunter. They worked well as a team and easily caught their target but his partner double crossed him. After a night of celebration the drunk Marcus' collaborator drugged him with one of his own poisons, beat him thoroughly and pushed him out to sea in a rickety boat with no oars. A few days later he woke up on the shore of Ruedaya, sore, disoriented, dehydrated unsure of where he was and strangely, able to remember almost everything except the identity of his assailant. He would very much like to return the favour if he could remember who his target was.

Let me know if anything needs changing. I have made made it a bit easier to read and a bit more specific.
Old December 22nd, 2012 (08:59 AM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Pyro, I think the larger problem than race is gonna be the sausage-party crew. The ship will be dripping with chauvanol.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (01:50 AM).
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
Okay here is my SU, I hope this is okay.

Part 1
Spoiler:

Name: Redd L. Marcus
Title: N/A
Home: Loka in The Grand Line (Fictional) – Loka is a small, poor island with only a moderately sized village on it as settlement. The island has been a target by both Marines and Pirates alike due to the wide range of medicinal plants found on the island.
Occupation: Doctor, especially knowledgeable on poisons and physiology
Setting: Bounty Hunter – Marcus has operated underground for some time now using his knowledge of toxins and the human body to take in, or take out targets... for the right price.
Appearance: Marcus has what appears to be an average, thin body but despite this appearance is physically fit and reasonably strong due to training of his body for his work as a bounty hunter. He has shaggy, long black hair that is short on the sides and a messy fringe and his eyes are deep and dark blue in colour.
His typical attire consists of long black pants with torn bottoms on the legs, a simple white shirt and long brown coat that reaches to below his knees. He usually wears this coat open but in particularly cold weather it will be closed. His has a black, leather belt around his waist with several brown pouches that contain medical tools and poisons attached to it. He wears short, lace up brown boots and has a pierces left ear which has a small chain with a gold ball hanging from the end in it. He also has a thin scar just under his left eye that extends vertically down to about half-way down his nose.
Personality: Marcus tends to be a sarcastic person and has a jokey side to him, not to say that he can’t be serious when he needs to be though. He’s generally respectful to people and is loyal once befriended but has a particularly nasty and sadistic side which is usually aimed towards those he doesn’t like, although anyone who knows him recommends you don’t make him angry, friend or not. He has few things he particularly enjoys with the exception of a bizarre hobby for experimenting with medicine and poison. He becomes particularly annoyed by bad attempts at first aid, people who underestimate him and with people who are unrealistic in their belief or attitudes. He is also kind of touchy as to what the “L” in his name stands for.
Goal: It is hard to define his goal. He simply wants to make a living through his work and to explore the world. He doesn’t particularly want to be rich, but won’t complain about making some decent money. He intends to find a former partner on a job and torture and kill him (see background). He also has an interest in seeing Loka again but is rather nervous about this.

Part 2
Spoiler:

Weapons: Marcus uses a fairly wide range of weapons consisting of darts, scalpels and short, flat blades that are, more often than not, poisoned with some sort of toxin. He will also sometimes use vials of these toxins alone and when necessary knows the body well and is competent in hand-to hand combat. He is experimenting with toxins that could neutralise devil fruit but has been largely unsuccessful.
Powers: Marcus has extraordinary aim which when combined with his kills with poisons and knowledge of biology/physiology can make him a deadly opponent. When not using ranged methods of attack Marcus uses a fighting style revolving around hitting weak points on the body and pressure points or cutting vital point with a scalpel or blade. His main weaknesses are his inexperience with fire-arms (although he’d like to learn at some point) and that his opponents tend to be physically stronger than him or posses a devil fruit.
Background: Marcus’ home was attacked and raided by pirates a lot and was often raided by marines as well due to the unique medicinal plant life of the island. This resulted in attacks from both pirates and brutish marines, who viewed the small community on the island as an obstacle rather than a settlement. Sometimes the island even became a battle ground between different groups of pirates or pirates and the marines. Eventually Marcus got sick of being passive in the world and left his home to become a bounty hunter, he specifically wants to find a pirate who is responsible for the extinction of a rare, life saving plant that could have cured an otherwise lethal ailment his mother had. It was her death that, at the age of 17, caused him to leave.
He spent the years after leaving his home on Loka travelling from place to place but mostly avoiding The Grand Line since he wanted to stay away from Loka for a long time. He has since decided that at some point he would like to see what has become of his home and family.
In his last bounty hunting job he had been forced to work with another bounty hunter who got him drunk, drugged him with his own poison, beat him and pushed him out to sea in a rickety boat. He has since woken up in Ruedaya; very sore, slightly disorientated and unable to remember his former partner’s identity. He would very much like to find this person and inject him with one of his many painful serums.

Let me know if anything needs changing.
If you could, fix the formatting so I can read your sign-up better.

It's looking good so far. I'd like you to extrapolate a bit on his appearance, personality and background. Another thing you should know is that on the Grand Line, islands have weather patterns unique to them based on the 4 seasons, so it can be a summer, fall, winter or spring island. For example, a winter island is probably snowy rear-round while a summer island is hot year round is likely either very tropical or very arid, like a desert.

I'd also like you to explain why and how he left the Grand Line. Or if you'd like, you may just have him be from an island of the other 4 seas.

Quote:
Pyro, I think the larger problem than race is gonna be the sausage-party crew. The ship will be dripping with chauvanol.
Heheh, it'll be like the anime. They all have black hair too.

By the way did you get around to adding to your background and strip away the formatting some?

I'll be sending PMs out for those who haven't completed their applications yet and have them finish soon.

I'll want to have at least one other person finish before we start the RP as we do have a fair enough amount of people and we can probably flex the essential roles. I just hope one of you has some cooking skill because Mei's a picky eater!

Beyond this, I plan to have this start later this week after the Christmas buzz dies down or weekend after and sign-ups will remain open until we fill the necessary positions.

Old December 23rd, 2012 (04:17 AM). Edited December 23rd, 2012 by gimmepie.
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

I'll make it as much more detailed as I can, but I was pretty clear on why he left the Grand Line... I'm not sure what else I could say to clear that up for you...

Edit: SU has been fixed up, I'm not really sure what else I can add in but if there are any specific details you feel I need to add let me know.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (06:23 AM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

@Pyro: I just tried to fix it some by taking out formatting, but no luck was to be found. D: Dunno what's wrong there.

Also, Sov probably knows how to make a nutritious meal, thanks to her time in the temple. But, that doesn't necessarily mean tasty and I imagine she's gonna be busy...Academying.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (06:43 AM).
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
I'll make it as much more detailed as I can, but I was pretty clear on why he left the Grand Line... I'm not sure what else I could say to clear that up for you...

Edit: SU has been fixed up, I'm not really sure what else I can add in but if there are any specific details you feel I need to add let me know.
You specified he left his island on the Grand Line and that he decided to avoid the Grand Line but not exactly how he left, but I suppose it's implied that he left then.

Your background is where work is needed most as it's a bit short and doesn't explain much about how he grew up, how his view of the world had evolved, etc. Marines are also probably more likely to just dock on the island and trade with the people there for their resources, but they can still be corrupt in their interactions with the people of Loka, but they wont act like pirates most of the time.

If you can fix that up, you'll be good to go.

Quote:
@Pyro: I just tried to fix it some by taking out formatting, but no luck was to be found. D: Dunno what's wrong there.

Also, Sov probably knows how to make a nutritious meal, thanks to her time in the temple. But, that doesn't necessarily mean tasty and I imagine she's gonna be busy...Academying.
That's weird. Well I'll have to read over it again and the PM about her past beyond that point to remember her background more thoroughly, but your second half is approved.

Old December 23rd, 2012 (06:47 AM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Okay, thanks. Sorry about this trouble.

For the record, I imagine Sov's fighting style looks something like Voldo from Soul Calibur's.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (07:45 AM). Edited December 23rd, 2012 by gimmepie.
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Okay, I fixed up the issues with the marines a bit and expanded on his background, how is that Pyro?

Edit: For some reaon all the changes I made to his background didn't save o.O This will probably take longer than I originally thought
Old December 23rd, 2012 (07:59 AM).
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
Okay, thanks. Sorry about this trouble.

For the record, I imagine Sov's fighting style looks something like Voldo from Soul Calibur's.
Lol I'm not too familiar with SC. I'll just see how she fights in the RP. :D

Quote:
Okay, I fixed up the issues with the marines a bit and expanded on his background, how is that Pyro?
For whatever reason all I see is the same background from before. If you did fix it, I still need you to add another paragraph probably involving his childhood and how he learned the doctor profession and medical remedies.

Old December 23rd, 2012 (08:39 AM). Edited December 23rd, 2012 by gimmepie.
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

ooohhh, that's what you meant, I actually haven't figured out how to do backgrounds, I'll add more in a bit.

I have made the background, again more detailed, but I'm running out of ideas here. If you want me to change my background colour you'll have to tell me how.
Old December 27th, 2012 (11:53 PM).
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
*Not entirely done with my SU. Just sortof ignore it Pyro until I contact you

Name:
Shinya K. Yuu

Title:
Shōbō shōnen (It's self proclaimed as he has this as Kanji tattooed on his right arm)

Home: Originally from Loguetown, East Blue where he lives in a cupboard in a pub where he played music inside. Although the pay isn't great, it leaves him with shelter, food, and a little pocket change.

Setting: Local

Working at Grog Stop, the bar he knew for more than half of his lifetime, he wanted to set out to spread his talent across the word.

Appearance:
His hair tends to cover up the upper portion of his face, including his eyes. His hair is black but slightly tinted blue, long, straight and untidy. His body build is slim, due to occasional bar fights. His eye color
is a dark purple and his skin tone/complexion is light brown. He has no major scars whatsoever and he stands 5'9.

He often wears a
(partially) laced black shirt with the left side being sleeveless (showing his tattoo) and the right being long sleeved, along with black "phat" pants that are slightly tattered. He also has a purple bandana tied on his right arm.

Personality:
The main words that can be used to describe him are sarcastic, wisecrack, and somewhat bitter to those he isn't close to. People tend to confuse him with being a loner and shy c. He is of average intelligence but often his anger can get the best of him. He tends to be somewhat carefree and lazy about everything other than music or brawls.. He rarely gets strung out and usually is relaxed.

Goal: To become a worldwide phenomenon, known for his skills in music and literature.

Weapons: Throwing Knives, Brass Knuckles and his bare fists

Background:

His father, Mason was a bartender at the Grog Stop and he was well known for his ability to play music, which was an attraction of the bar, people often coming in just to hear him play his harmonica. Shinya's father eventually got into conflict with the bar owner although it didn't led to much but unease between the two. Eventually, his father was killed in an unrelated fight with a group of Marines, after getting caught harboring a pirate who is Shinya's Mom (Not much can be said about her except for the fact that she was a pirate and died immediately after pregnancy). Ever since Mason's death, the bar started to lose it's customers so the owner took up illicit activities and drew in alot of customers again although this crowd was rougher. The bar became notorious as a center for fencing goods and as a area for a pirates to rest at under the radar from marines.

Shinya doesn't know much about his own parents, as he has been working around the Grog Stop for most of his life, starting off cleaning the bar but his position changed to the bar's musician when he learned how to first play his father's harmonica. His music appealed to some people which led to it being his new job. In the bar he sometimes has to defend himself from the usual rowdy customer so he developed an affinity to using throwing knives and a pair of brass knuckles that belonged to his mom. Although he isn't a master at using these weapons, he became good enough to fight off the average pirate. Shinya and the bar owner tend to be in conflict with each other over numerous reasons but regardless Shinya puts up with him to keep his job. As his music skills developed, he eventually branched out to whistling when idle or during the occasional time he has to clean at his job instead of playing music.

Old December 28th, 2012 (06:30 AM).
Xlugon Pyro
Dragon Tamer

I've decided that I'll be closing this RP as it hasn't garnered the interest that I had hoped. I'm still interested in a One Piece RP if anyone is interested in co-GMing with me and maybe start working on a new one with a better, more engaging plot, so if that interests you, just PM me and we can talk.

Old December 28th, 2012 (06:34 AM).
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

*checks thread update*

'Tis a great shame; I was looking forward to this. I'd be interested in co-GM'ing, if you don't mind my initial lack of One Piece knowledge.
Old December 28th, 2012 (09:34 AM).
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
I would be interested although I might not be the best candidate

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links