• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Which Pokemon gives you the chills?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Which Pokemon do you find scary in a way? As in like what it does or the whole concept of it? For me, it's Shedinja. You can automatically lose your body just by looking in the hole. And Shedinja can't move the shell body and it can speak in Pokemon language and attack without moving its body parts.

And Yamask. A Fan Fiction I read gives a primary example of this. Hypno gives me the chills as well with the stare, even that Pokemon episode I remember as a kid where it put people to sleep. Drowzee than unlocked it, but Hypno was evil. Evil I tell you!

Last edited:

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Alakazam is one. This is because he has an inverted star for a head all he needs is a circle and his head is a satanic symbol and I doubt that GF intended this but I still don't like it and never use it in battle or anything.

Spoink, he's like Tigger with a heart condition, if he stops bouncing he dies! What if someone uses Hypnosis? or he faints or anything?

Shedinja for all the reasons you said.
Technically the rest of the pokemon you names.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
If Pokemon was real, this one would be the icing on the cake for the creepiest Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Oh, let's not forget Cofagrigus!
300px-563Cofagrigus.png

It's an evil Pokemon that traps people and eat them. A living coffin that eats us all! Beware of its monstrous 4 arms!

Cinnabar

Fenniken is godly.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
127.png

Pinsir, no doubt. Could you imagine having the life squeezed out of you by it's pincers? Not a pretty sight.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
When Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire came out, I use to think Banette was very creepy and I would never like it, but I grew to love Banette and I still find it to be very creepy. Vanilluxe gives me the chills because I believe that it is an evil ice cream cone and it is an ice type after all.....chills due to being cold.

:t354:TG

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
@LilJz1234 - Awesome fanart there, whether you made it or found it.

I'm one of those guys who thinks the Pokedex is full of urban legends and flat out bull. No kid ever turned into a Kadabra, staring into Shedinja won't steal your body, etc. Not all of it's horror stories to scare children, though, like I do believe Shuppet are attracted to negative feelings, just like Ralts is attracted to positive feelings.

So for me, the scariest Pokemon would also be the most likely to actually, you know, physically or mentally hurt you. Or cause some kind of internal damage. "But that's all of them!" Yeah. So I'll narrow it down to the impulsive ones who can do some real harm. Like Rhyhorn or Nidorino. You'd be afraid of the real life equivalents, too.

[/boring]

(Oh, but I will concede that Banette is pretty chilling nevertheless)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Ghost types naturally are freaky. But if I had to narrow it down to one or two Pokemon I'd say Chandelure (because of its back story of consuming souls) and Banette because of its back story as well. (Being an abandoned doll that turned into a Pokemon to get revenge on its owner.)

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Hypno. The first time I saw it, the last time I saw it. I never saw it again. Though it rests in my memories with its glare and stare. Spooky, when you hear its cry.

Back