• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unobtainable Hidden Abilities

ZettaSlowbro

Veteran
Years
As we all know with Gen V came hidden abilities, and a lot of Pokemon ended up with some pretty good ones. My only problem is the lack of ways to obtain a lot of the different Pokemon with their hidden ability, especially most of Gen V's Pokemon.

A handful of Pre-Gen V Pokemon can be found via the Dream world, but that's a whole other story; And then there's few event Pokemon, but that lacks the choice or availability I'd like.
With B/W 2 they added Hidden Grottoes where the Pokemon found there will always have their Hidden Ability, but even then I feel they missed an opportunity in B/W 2 to implement a way to obtain Gen V pokes with their Hidden Ability.

Why do you think that they really don't have an in game way to obtain a lot of the abilities?
And how else do you think they could , or could have made more (mostly Gen V) Pokemon with their dream world ability available?

I feel as though they could have just made over world sprites (Granted that's quite a bit, but still) for the new Pokemon and added then to the dream world like normal.
-Hoping they come up with something soon(ish)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
The only Unova Pokemon that aren't unreleased are the Litwick, Larvesta, and starter families. (Along with Klink, Gothita and Rufflet but their evolved forms are.) They made the rest available via Dream World since BW2's release.

ZettaSlowbro

Veteran
Years
Well that's good, I had no idea.
but why not the others?
I mean a Dream world Litwick family + starters would be nice. -w-
I find the dream world too tedious for my liking, but it seems like there's little other options

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
The only Dream World unreleased ability that would seem good on a pokemon is Contrary on Serperior. With it, Serperior with Leaf Storm would be a beast.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
What do you mean unreleased, as in you can't get them as of yet, or wont be able to ever?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
What do you mean unreleased, as in you can't get them as of yet, or wont be able to ever?
Yes.

To both.

We can only assume, since it's existing, that they plan to release it. They just haven't yet.

Cyclone

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I fear the Dream World will close down once Gen VI is released before these currently unobtainable hidden abilities are released.

The only Dream World unreleased ability that would seem good on a pokemon is Contrary on Serperior. With it, Serperior with Leaf Storm would be a beast.

What about Shadow Tag Chandelure? That one spread a debate on whether or not it will be banned to Ubers.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I fear the Dream World will close down once Gen VI is released before these currently unobtainable hidden abilities are released.
Certainly a possibility. Remember the "Lock Capsule"?

Cyclone

Back