The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 18th, 2012 (12:58 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7

The Fame Checker was a Key Item in FireRed and LeafGreen which stored facts and information on important characters in the game. These facts and info were obtained by looking at bookshelves, talking to people, etc. It had no impact on the story whatsoever. What did you think of the Fame Checker? Did you find the facts and info to be useful or interesting? Could it have been improved? Discuss!
Old December 18th, 2012 (01:15 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
It could have been a fun sidequest if you got something at the end for it, like another Master Ball, or some Rare Candy, or maybe a shiny Pokemon. But it was just a pointless feature to me really. ;( I never saw the point in adding it. I guess it's nice for story buffs to get extra info to use in debates and such, but that's just not for me.
Old December 18th, 2012 (04:51 PM).
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I'd have to agree with Sydian here as it didn't really have a purpose except for story but mainly the story was small like the example below. Mainly I didn't care much for it. Hell, I forgot about until I saw this thread!
Old December 19th, 2012 (01:39 AM).
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
It was kinda fun searching for the information about the various people in it. But that's the only interesting part of it. Too bad it doesn't have any real purpose.

Any spriter interested in having their Fakemon appear in a fan game? Or designing fake Mega Evolutions? Shoot me a PM
Old December 19th, 2012 (09:55 PM).
Brendino
Strike that. Reverse it.

Nature: Quiet
I thought it was a neat little addition, even if it didn't end up serving any real purpose. I was actually a little disappointed that I didn't get anything when I finally completed all of the entries, though, but it was interesting trying to figure out who and where every entry was.

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old December 20th, 2012 (12:03 AM).
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I liked it! It was pretty fun going around trying to find out everything you could about the gym leaders etc.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old December 20th, 2012 (12:20 AM).
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I liked it. I enjoyed reading little tidbits about the trainers in the games. Still wished they offered a reward for completing it, but without the Fame Checker we would have never known that Lt. Surge's role in the US Army was as a pilot and that Koga makes his own medicine.

I wish they would bring it back, albeit next time with a little bonus for completing it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old December 20th, 2012 (06:59 AM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Kind of useless in my opinion. Like the past post said, if we had a reward for completing the Fame Checker, then it would be cool. But it's pretty useless unless you're planning on completing the whole entry for the Fame Checker.
Old December 20th, 2012 (10:48 AM).
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I've looked through it once because I though the Fame Checker was an important aspect of FireRed and LeafGreen. I think the information on the fame checker was pretty okay, meaning that each important character's information did not bore me at all, but it did not excite me either. I think it would of been a good idea to have bought it back for B2W2 because all of the gym leaders are at the PWT and it would be nice to know about these people (for people that did not play the earlier games).

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links