• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Unova Anime seems to be ending so soon

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
On Serebii it looks as though the Unova Part of the Anime is ending so soon does this mean they will be anouncing Gen VI Soon? Maybe the new Generation is already in development
Who Knows Discuss your thoughts :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
If by "ending soon" you mean "starting an entirely new arc", then sure, it's ending soon. :P There's evidence for Gen 6 being announced soon, but this isn't it- the anime's Unova saga isn't running out of steam any time soon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yeah there is at least another 30 episodes. The league is just ending. The next part of the Saga in Team Plasma Arc. Also they said it would last about three years, it has been a little over 2 years now in Japan.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
No you won't see a new gen for awhile, Gen 5 is still pretty fresh.

If you look at gaps in the game markets which is normally when you see new gens it goes.

Kanto is 1996, Johto is 1999, Hoenn is 2002, Sinnoh is 2006, Unova is 2010.

If you look then you get an idea new gens come out about every 3-4 years after the last, so you should expect to see a new gen in 2013-2014 Which could actually mean it might be next year, but with the recent release of BW2 i wouldn't count on it.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
No you won't see a new gen for awhile, Gen 5 is still pretty fresh.

If you look at gaps in the game markets which is normally when you see new gens it goes.

Kanto is 1996, Johto is 1999, Hoenn is 2002, Sinnoh is 2006, Unova is 2010.

If you look then you get an idea new gens come out about every 3-4 years after the last, so you should expect to see a new gen in 2013-2014 Which could actually mean it might be next year, but with the recent release of BW2 i wouldn't count on it.

If you go by US Release Dates Its:
Kanto - 1998
Johto - 2000
Hoenn - 2003
Kanto Remake - 2004
Sinnoh - 2007
Johto Remake - 2010
Unova - 2011
Unova Sequel - 2012

So I Would expect them to Anounce Gen VI Soon more or less But the Anime won't end until the Games are actually released in Japan (Thats why Sinnoh was so damn long)

EDIT: In recent years we have seen a New Main Series Pokemon Game Every Year since the Johto Remake's

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
If you go by US Release Dates Its:
Kanto - 1998
Johto - 2000
Hoenn - 2003
Kanto Remake - 2004
Sinnoh - 2007
Johto Remake - 2010
Unova - 2011
Unova Sequel - 2012

So I Would expect them to Anounce Gen VI Soon more or less But the Anime won't end until the Games are actually released in Japan (Thats why Sinnoh was so damn long)

EDIT: In recent years we have seen a New Main Series Pokemon Game Every Year since the Johto Remake's

You never go on US you go on japan because they come out there first Plus we are talking about the anime series.

If you look at the anime:

Indigo League: April 1, 1997 – January 28, 1999.
Orange Islands - January 28, 1999 – October 7, 1999.

Johto Journeys - October 14, 1999 – July 27, 2000.
Johto League - August 3, 2000 – August 2, 2001.
Master Quest - August 9, 2001 – November 14, 2002.

Advanced - November 21, 2002 – August 28, 2003.
Advanced Challenge - September 4, 2003 – September 2, 2004.
Advanced Battle - September 9, 2004 – September 29, 2005.
Battle Frontier - October 6, 2005 – September 14, 2006.

Diamond & Pearl - September 28, 2006 – October 25, 2007.
Battle Dimension - November 8, 2007 – December 4, 2008.
Galactic Battles - December 4, 2008 – December 24, 2009.
Sinnoh League - January 7, 2010 – September 9, 2010.

Black & White - September 23, 2010 – September 15, 2011.
Rival Destinies - September 22, 2011 – June 14, 2012.
Best Wishes - June 21, 2012 – present.

Lets recap -

Kanto to Johto took 2 Years.
Johto to Hoenn took 3 Years.
Hoenn to Sinnoh took 4 Years.
Sinnoh to Unova took 4 Years.

So we can either say that 6th gen will be out in 2014 or 2015.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
As other said the main Unova Arc is about to end that doesn't mean we are close to the end of this generation. My personal believe is that they will run the N arc until Movie 16 and have the movie correspond with the series since N is in P2 lab and they have shown scans dealing with Genesect. So maybe they will show new Pokemon, but that doesn't mean a new generation is about to occur since Kecleon were seen in the middle of the Johto Saga. And Ho-Oh and Togepi early in Kanto Saga. So after Movie 16 in July maybe will be getting some hints(especially if they release a new Eeveelution on the Eevee and Friends short).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The Team Rocket Arc was what? 3 or 4 episodes? It was part of the Rival Destinies Season, but still. The "N" Season May last 3 or 4 months, but that ends before the movie if they don't skip weeks or drag out episodes. That's 12 to 16 episodes. At most 18 based on that for any random 5 week months we may get.

This depends on what they are doing. I'm trying to see what BW, Rival Destinies and Adventure in Unova were (apparently those three arcs are Season 1 and N is Season 2.)

We are looking at an unknown item currently. I'm hoping for 50+ more episodes personally because I like this series and thought it was moving too fast. Plasma is apparently going to be a major B2W2 shift while everything before was supposedly B/W.

Right now though, with lack of info, I don't see it going all the way to July. If it does, I see it ending around there. Hope to be wrong because I really want more for this series, but there isn't much left for them to do and this seems like it'll be the transition season into the next main season. (much like how Kanto was for Advance Generation and the bits between Sinnoh and Unova series.)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I remember reading something that this Gen would move quicker than other Gens. So I do not think it will last much longer. It will probably end late/mid 2013/early 2014. As I said I also remember something that this gen would only last for 3 years. I think it was on Serebii when B/W was first starting to announce.

Years
I have stopped seeing Pokemon as soon as the second starters were introduced (Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile) and the reason for that was because I found them very "childish" if compared to the original starters of Kanto. I never took interest in the anime ever since but I did play all the games and keept myself informed by friends. It was recently that I watched an episode after many years, and I was very surprised. Firstly, the image. It is light years ahead of what I used to watch and I liked that. Secondly, Ash didn't change at all. He continues to be a horrible trainer that relies mostly in luck and "believing in the true power of his friends/pokemon" and incredibly he hasn't aged or matured at all. Thirdly, his pokemon seem to have gotten weaker. Pikachu which should be arround level 100 million by now (after all, it has been 5 seasons) lost to his rival which hasn't ever battled and was using a starter which according to the games is a level 5. Ok, ok... Pikachu couldn't use his electric attacks because of a strange legendary pokemon, but yet... iron tail should be enough to defeat a level 5 belonging to a trainer who never battled!! Fourthly, his old friends are no longer with him. Why? I heard that every season he got a new girl, but what happened to the four before Iris, and what happened to Brock? This is the first time a new guy shows up and Ash and Brock were best friends(?). Fifthly, (this one is good) Team Rocket is amazing!! They finally look professional, strong, prepared, intelligent, "cold"... Team Rocket finally looks like a real organisation and they are no longer those weak people that randomly appeared to steal Pikachu (which isn't even rare and apparently is extremely weak) and were always defeated the same way (in my opinion they were kind of a comedy to the end of every episode). Sixthly, (and lastly(thanks god!)) back in my days Ash kind of had a chance of becoming a pokemon master since there were only 150 (or 151?) but now with the 1000 there is (I have no idea of the original number, but I know its much more than before) he got no chance!! Even in the games it's impossible unless you have all of them, and Ash got around 30 pokemon? No legendary and incredibly only a few of the last evolution... If anyone wants to comment feel free. This is my first post here and I really know nothing about this season or the ones before (apart from the first one which I watched all episodes several times) Thanks for reading all this and please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Ranso this really does not go along with the topic laid out. Just comments of how you feel the franchise is over the last several years. If you wish to make a separate topic about this you are more then welcome to, but this current topic is to discuss if we are almost done with the Unova Arc.

Years
I am very sorry. I am new here so I don't know how to work things properly yet, but if you wish to move my comment somewhere else, please do.

Last edited:

Kotetsu-kun

Unova League Rival
Years
You know... Unova ends in October, and into a new region for X and Y versions. Yep. X and Y. I wonder... And regarding the list...

Lets recap -

Kanto to Johto took 2 Years.
Johto to Hoenn took 3 Years.
Hoenn to Sinnoh took 4 Years.
Sinnoh to Unova took 4 Years.

So we can either say that 6th gen will be out in 2014 or 2015.

The 6th Generation will be out in Fall 2013 in Japan and Winter 2014 Internationally, because X and Y versions are the 6th Generation. And yes... 800 Pokemon? Can I name all of them?

Oh and LMFAO Word Up, It took 3 seasons, and Unova to X and Y is a 3 year gap!

Guy

just a guy
Years
The 6th Generation will be out in Fall 2013 in Japan and Winter 2014 Internationally, because X and Y versions are the 6th Generation. And yes... 800 Pokemon? Can I name all of them?
Pokémon X and Y will be released worldwide on October 2013. Knowing the new season of the anime where Ash travels to a new region usually starts around the time of the new games' release, the question now remains, will we be seeing the dub air alongside the Japanese airings or will we still be following behind by a few months? Since the anime is pretty much a big promoter for the games.

I think this really depends on how much farther we have to go in Unova based on how long Episode N will go on for this year.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
You know... Unova ends in October, and into a new region for X and Y versions. Yep. X and Y. I wonder... And regarding the list...

Oh and LMFAO Word Up, It took 3 seasons, and Unova to X and Y is a 3 year gap!

You Know... That I Posted that way before the anouncement so don't quote me Like I don't know that already

Back