Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page BlackWhite Did GameFreak miss the perfect opportunity to introduce the Light-type?

For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old December 19th, 2012 (3:17 AM).
Known as the Quilava Guy!
Nature: Careful
I'm with the other guys. Some of the types we have now covers light, and they create light. Flash is one example. If it was there, then there wouldn't be much Pokemon with the dual types anymore. Celebi would be Grass/Light, and as you stated, Reshiram would have been Dragon/Light based on the origin.

And I don't think that Light and Dark are 2 representations of evil for Pokemon. Pretty much, they're just elements that cover the Pokemon's category. Psychic is like light in a way, since it has to do with warping time or using extrasensory powers. It's like light, but in the opposite way of Dark.

In other ways, we have types that cover light and it's unnecessary for that. It would change a lot of Pokemon's types, and I don't think that it's good for normal Pokemon to have these.
Old December 19th, 2012 (6:05 AM).
L-let's a-go...!
Silver Tier
Nature: Jolly
Personally, it'd be kind of confusing; a number of older Pokemon would change types too, therefore you'd need to get used to type matchups and stuff again.
So, I think it's for the best, although a new type would be cool, to leave things as they are.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ NNID: skyluigi
☆ PSN ID: Jellygamer
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Mario Maker, Yo-Kai Watch and Little Battlers eXperience

☆ Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. and Yoshi's Woolly World

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

☆ Paired with Tsutarja

Old December 20th, 2012 (3:37 PM).
I never for even a second thought that Reshiram might be an introduction of a Light type, since I never for even a second thought, or think, that a Light type would be, or will be, introduced. I think GF didn't do it because they have no intention of doing it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links