Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feebas View Post
Need some help on the 7th Hoenn gym.
I realize that Tate and Liza are a Psychic-type dual battle, but I don't have any good Dark-types to battle them. I do have an Absol and a Mightyena, but neither seem to be adequate. Any suggestions?
Can you clarify if you're playing Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald please? It's cos their teams are different between the two and if you notify the game you can get further help.

I recommend using Water and Grass-type Pokemon so that you can hit their Lunatone/Solrock (and Claydol in Emerald) super-effectively. Remember that Solrock does have moves that can counter both Water and Grass-types so you need to be on-guard.

Also, they have a Xatu in Emerald so an Electric-type might also help but remember that Claydol can use Earthquake. You can also focus on attacking one of their Pokemon and once you knock out both of one side's Pokemon you can focus on the other side. If you're playing Emerald you can also take down Claydol and Xatu with an Ice-type attack, you can simply teach Ice Beam to your Water-types.

Last edited by Hikamaru; November 23rd, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:31 PM
Feebas
Unevolved

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Can you clarify if you're playing Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald please? It's cos their teams are different between the two and if you notify the game you can get further help.

I recommend using Water and Grass-type Pokemon so that you can hit their Lunatone/Solrock (and Claydol in Emerald) super-effectively. Remember that Solrock does have moves that can counter both Water and Grass-types so you need to be on-guard.

Also, they have a Xatu in Emerald so an Electric-type might also help but remember that Claydol can use Earthquake. You can also focus on attacking one of their Pokemon and once you knock out both of one side's Pokemon you can focus on the other side. If you're playing Emerald you can also take down Claydol and Xatu with an Ice-type attack, you can simply teach Ice Beam to your Water-types.
Thank you, that helped me a lot.

Old December 6th, 2012, 04:35 PM
donzieja
Unhatched Egg

Hello, all. I'd like to know your opinions on a few wild pokemon I can catch before the 3rd badge that, once raised to about level 20-23, would do well against Mauville's gym leader, Wattson.

I already have a level 25 Lombre, level 25 Grovyle, and am raising a Nincada (level 11). I have a level ten Aron and level 10 makuhita in the day care, if anyone wanted to know.

Anyways, thanks for any replies :D
Old December 6th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
Nincada probably won't help much, until it can learn Mud Slap anyway. I think it learns that before it evolves, so go for that. Aron also gets Mud Slap, and Makuhita learns Arm Thrust at level 10, which is good against Magneton. Geodude is also immune to all his Pokemon, so if you're up for going back to Granite Cave, it's probably the best option you have at the moment. And Grovyle will get Leaf Blade at level 29, so that might help against his non-Steel types, plus it's a great move in general. Don't get rid of it when he does learn it, actually haha. Hope this helps!

paired to crono & moderator of 3 & 5
Old December 6th, 2012, 05:52 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzieja View Post
Hello, all. I'd like to know your opinions on a few wild pokemon I can catch before the 3rd badge that, once raised to about level 20-23, would do well against Mauville's gym leader, Wattson.

I already have a level 25 Lombre, level 25 Grovyle, and am raising a Nincada (level 11). I have a level ten Aron and level 10 makuhita in the day care, if anyone wanted to know.

Anyways, thanks for any replies :D
The Shedinja from Nincada could be useful against anything but Voltorb as long as you have items to heal off confusion/switch because it is immune to everything else.
Old December 8th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Cyberz
Unhatched Egg

How do I know if the Cubone I'm fighting with (or the one I own) has a Thick Club?
I simply couldn't find how to perform such a simple task.
Thanks in advance.

Ps: I'm playing Fire Red.
Old December 8th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

You could try using the move Thief or Covet. Or you could just catch every Cubone you find. It's only a 5% chance though, but hey, still totally possible.

To check what your own Cubone is holding, check its summary and in there it'll tell you if it's holding an item and what that item is, if there is one.

Merging with Q&A thread also.

Old December 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Hi all! If you know me, you know I like really cute teams to use in-game cx

I restarted my Ruby Version recently and I'm trying to come up with a cute team of Pokemon I haven't really used before. In RSE, I always end up using Manectric, Swellow, Breloom, Gardevoir, and Delcatty or something similar.

My starter is Cayenne the Combusken right now, and she's about ten levels away from evolving.

My other Pokemon right now are Masquerain, Linoone, Kirlia, and Breloom.

Are there any suggestions? ♪
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Awww Linoone. <3 Anyway, Milotic is pretty cute, but Azumarill is also nice. Though it's not as good as it is in later generations. Uhhh Lanturn is adorable and pretty good as well. And you need Altaria. :3 Everything else is pretty adorable~

Old December 11th, 2012, 08:17 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

If you don't mind using weak Pokémon, Plusle and Minun are options, maybe Roselia or Bellossom, or even Castform or Chimecho, or my 4th favourite Pokémon, Gorebyss. But I definitely agree with Syd, Altaria.
Old December 20th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Zido Arichikito
Unhatched Egg

First time poster, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I'm fairly certain these cartridges are fake, after looking around. I just ordered them on eBay, here's the link to the picture. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the labels aren't shiny and the Ruby label is off.

I didn't realize until after I committed to buy that they may not be legit. So now the problem is that I'd like to get a refund BEFORE it's shipped, if possible, so I don't have to pay return shipping. How should I handle this? I'm thinking I should try to get a full refund before it is shipped by contacting the seller, then give him a negative review saying they were fake. If I somehow can't get in contact with him to do so, then since I ordered it through PayPal, I should be protected, right? Again, if I'm wrong about them being fake, stop me now. This is my first time ordering GBA games on eBay, but from what I've read, these look like elaborate fakes.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pokemon cartridges.JPG‎ (601.4 KB, 13 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old December 20th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

They're fake. Stay away. I can't really tell you what to do about getting a refund though. We don't really specialize in that here, so you'd have to contact an ebay...person. See, I never use eBay so idk if they have some sort of staff team or whatnot. But yeah, they're horribly fake. Don't get committed before finding out these things in the future, cause then you get in this situation. :( But we can't really help with getting a refund and such here. You'll definitely be better off asking eBay personnel.

Old December 21st, 2012, 03:52 AM
thebest
Where beginnings are
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
So does anyone know about Raging Ruby and Summon Sapphire if there is a remake coming?
hello guys the Pokegames is now open for all who challenge it

POKEMON Y 3695 1353 1392
Old December 21st, 2012, 08:39 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest View Post
So does anyone know about Raging Ruby and Summon Sapphire if there is a remake coming?
Sound like hack names. There are no confirmed remakes as of yet. May not be any for a while. There will definitely be a thread about them when we find confirmation though.
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:12 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
I've just started playing Leaf Green and I wonder should I get a Spearow or a Farfetch'd?
I'm asking this because when I played Ruby I evolved a Magikarp into a Gyarados but it was so weak and useless unlike how it was in Gold, I'm afraid that will be the same for Farfetch'd...

So what do you think?
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:46 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
I've just started playing Leaf Green and I wonder should I get a Spearow or a Farfetch'd?
I'm asking this because when I played Ruby I evolved a Magikarp into a Gyarados but it was so weak and useless unlike how it was in Gold, I'm afraid that will be the same for Farfetch'd...

So what do you think?
Farfetch'd has ALWAYS been weak, I wouldn't suggest using it in any game. Fearow isn't bad, it's just Dodrio is just better in almost every way.
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:50 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

I'm just saying Farfetch'd was tough in Pokemon Gold, will it be the same in Leaf Green?
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
I'm just saying Farfetch'd was tough in Pokemon Gold, will it be the same in Leaf Green?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Farfetch'd has ALWAYS been weak, I wouldn't suggest using it in any game.
Felt like doing it this way because the question you just asked was already answered.

Farfetch'd has deplorable stats and most players do not recommend using one for any reason other than a Cut/Fly HM Slave.
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:58 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Okay thanks, I'll just go with Dodrio...
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Red is best
Unhatched Egg

I have attached 2 pictures of the cart. I am new to this forum, so this may not be the correct place for this.

It has nintendo on the circuitboard

002.jpg

003.jpg

Is my cart real, or is it fake.
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Lost Christmas
Break it back down!
Community Supporter

If the Nintendo logo in the bottom right looks metallic then it's real.

On looking at the pictures in my honest opinion it looks real.
We're building it up, To break it back down! We're building it up, To burn it down! We can't wait To burn it to the ground!
~ Linkin Park - Burn It Down ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ Solo Challenge ~ MyAnimeList ~

Old December 29th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Luigi-San
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
It looks fake to me. All of the fonts (except for POKEMON RUBY VERSION) are wrong, and the Nintendo seal is messed up.

Old December 29th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Oakesy

Just starting out on Emerald for the first time, what are some good pokemon to catch near the start?
HACKS I SUPPORT

Old December 30th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Red is best
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi-San View Post
It looks fake to me. All of the fonts (except for POKEMON RUBY VERSION) are wrong, and the Nintendo seal is messed up.
It says Nintendo on the board.

I bought it off amazon.

And compared to a real cart, mine looks real, aside from the E, but that could just be my eyes.

The circuitboard looks fake. It has nintendo and the number thing, but it also has a chip with asian writing on it and a 'black blob'

The cartridge casing comes off easily.

Ah well. It was a christmas present, so I will forget about it, until It affects gameplay.

It also says "The game can be played" which I heard is a major give away.

I shall forget about it, until my file corrupts, which I hope it doesn't.

It may be real, but I'm not sure.

If it is fake, it's a damn good copy, as it is near impossible to notice.

Last edited by Red is best; December 30th, 2012 at 05:57 AM. Reason: More info
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Quote:
Just starting out on Emerald for the first time, what are some good pokemon to catch near the start?
Ralts and Lotad are pretty good Pokemon. I have no complaints about their final evolutions. Not much in the very beginning of the game is really all that great though honestly, but those two stand out imo.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links