• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

♀ Gender Discrimination Challenge ♂

Bone

The waifu of Lon'qu
Years
Username: Bone
Game: Soul Silver

Patsy
357fyu1.jpg

Team:
30kekwl.png

Log
Hello there! I'm Patsy! Today I woke up later to my alarm clock blaring in my ear. I jumped out of bed and frantically got dressed. I ran downstairs to find my mom had packed my stuff for my rip to see Professor Elm. I ran next door only to run into my best friend Ethan (between you and me, I think he has a crush on me.) After we talked for a while I ran next door to the pokemon lab. Out of breath I hurried up to the town's professor, and he told me to choose a pokemon for my journey. I quickly chose cyndaquil, and she was adorable! I said thank you and headed off to meet Mr. Pokemon!

Team Update!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Bone

The waifu of Lon'qu
Years
Patsy
357fyu1.jpg

Team:
155.gif
403f.gif
285.gif

Log
Traded in Shinx and Shroomish
Trained them up to Lv 13 each
Took on Bellsprout Tower​

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Whoops, realized I put the wrong part of a rule on a different rule. Fixed now. It was minor, but still lol. It says that traded Pokemon may disregard the Pokeball gender rules.

Bone

The waifu of Lon'qu
Years
Patsy
357fyu1.jpg

Team:
156.gif
285.gif
404f.gif

Log
Beat Sprout Tower
Defeated Faulkner
Made it to Azalea Town
Beat Team Rocket and Proton
Beat Bugsy
Beat Silver (Rival)
(All team members Lv 19)

Patsy
357fyu1.jpg

Team:
156.gif
286.gif
404f.gif
030.gif
134.gif

Log
Caught a Nidoran (F)
Traded over to Heart Gold to Train
Traded back with a Lucky Egg
Beat Whitney
Made it to Ecruteak
Got an eevee
Traded over a water stone
Evolved Eevee into Vaporeon
Beat Silver
Traded vaporeon to Platinum and trained to Lv 30
Trained all pokemon to Lv 30

Patsy
357fyu1.jpg

Team:
156.gif
286.gif
405f.gif
030.gif
134.gif
178f.gif

Team Update One
Just beat Morty, Rival and trained
Caught Natu

156.gif

Quilava (Badgey) Lv 30
Quick Attack
Fire Blast
Smokescreen
Ember

030.gif

Nidorina (Queeny) Lv 33
Poison Sting
Fury Swipes
Bite
Double Kick

134.gif

Vaporeon (Flowy)
Bite
Quick Attack
Sand-Attack
Surf

405f.gif

Luxray (Cleo) Lv 34
Bite
Flash
Headbutt
Thunder

286.gif

Breloom (Fungy) Lv 31
Mega Drain
Headbutt
Force Palm
Leach Seed

178f.gif

Xatu (Raven) Lv 29 (Training)
U-Turn
Confuse Ray
Shadow Ball
Me First

Patsy
357fyu1.jpg

Team:
157.gif
286.gif
405f.gif
031.gif
134.gif
178f.gif

Team Update One
Beat Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce and Claire
Defeated Team Rocket
Beat the Kimono Girls
CAUGHT A SHINY FARFETCH'D!
(Pic to prove it)

Spoiler:

157.gif

Typhlosion (Badgey) Lv 50
Swift
Fire Blast
Focus Blast
Lava Plume

031.gif

Nidoqueen (Queeny) Lv 50
Sludge Bomb
Earth Power
Crunch
Double Kick

134.gif

Vaporeon (Flowy) Lv 50
Bite
Aqua Ring
Aurora Beam
Surf

405f.gif

Luxray (Cleo) Lv 50
Bite
Flash
Headbutt
Thunder

286.gif

Breloom (Fungy) Lv 50
Seed Bomb
Leach Seed
Sky Uppercut
Headbutt

178f.gif

Xatu (Raven) Lv 50
Future Sight
Wish
Shadow Ball
Fly

Last edited by a moderator:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Ok, as luck would have it, my laptop stopped considering my hard drive a bootable device. To make a long story short, all was lost. And being stuck with my ol' desktop computer, which is awfully slow, I think I'll be calling it quits for the moment. Until I get a better computer. So I guess this is farewell for now.

Bone

The waifu of Lon'qu
Years
Patsy
357fyu1.jpg

Team:
157.gif
286.gif
405f.gif
031.gif
134.gif
178f.gif

Team Update One
Beat imono girls, killed Lugia, beat E4 and Lance. Trained up to Lv 60 before heading to Kanto. Now training to high 60's for the Kanto gyms!

157.gif

Typhlosion (Badgey) Lv 66
Double-Edge
Eruption
Focus Blast
Lava Plume

031.gif

Nidoqueen (Queeny) Lv 63
Sludge Bomb
Earth Power
Crunch
Superpower

134.gif

Vaporeon (Flowy) Lv 64
Acid Armor
Aqua Ring
Aurora Beam
Surf

405f.gif

Luxray (Cleo) Lv 65
Crunch
Flash
Headbutt
Discharge

286.gif

Breloom (Fungy) Lv 63
Seed Bomb
Leach Seed
Sky Uppercut
Headbutt

178f.gif

Xatu (Raven) Lv 64
Psychic
Wish
Shadow Ball
Fly

Bone

The waifu of Lon'qu
Years
Patsy
357fyu1.jpg

Team:
157.gif
286.gif
405f.gif
031.gif
134.gif
178f.gif

Team Update One
Beat: Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Janine, Sabrina, Blaine and Blue.
Trained to Lv 70
BEAT RED!
Challenge complete!

157.gif

Typhlosion (Badgey) Lv 70
Rock Climb
Eruption
Focus Blast
Lava Plume

031.gif

Nidoqueen (Queeny) Lv 63
Sludge Bomb
Earth Power
Crunch
Superpower

134.gif

Vaporeon (Flowy) Lv 71
Acid Armor
Aqua Ring
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump

405f.gif

Luxray (Cleo) Lv 70
Crunch
Flash
Headbutt
Discharge

286.gif

Breloom (Fungy) Lv 70
Seed Bomb
Leach Seed
Sky Uppercut
Rock Slide

178f.gif

Xatu (Raven) Lv 70
Psychic
Wish
Shadow Ball
Fly

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Congrats to those that have finished! :) I've been going through to try to make sure the list of challengers is up to date, so if you're not listed or listed incorrectly, please VM me and let me know!

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Anyway!

Username: Mononoke Hime
Game: SoulSilver

Kotone's Diary
Lyra_opening.png

I started my journey today and the first thing I had to do was go to visit Mr Pokemon. I received an egg, and also talked to professor Oak. He really liked me at first sight and gave me a Pokedex!
I had to deliver that mystery egg to professor Elm for him to examine it. But...! When I was going to return, the pokegear started to ring: It was professor Elm, telling me that something really bad happened.
I was running back to my city, and in the middle of the process, I had a battle with a strange red haired guy named Silver. I talked to the police-man about that and delivered the mystery egg to professor Elm.
After that just come back the same way in order to get to the 3rd city, the first with a gym.

As I've catched one naughty pidgey at the first route and after that a sentret, my starter, a timid chikorita that I nicknamed Ivy, now have friends and can share experience with Sky, the pidgey. Furry, the sentret, is our friend but she doesn't like to battle. She strongly prefers to just be our buddy and help me in my travel.

Things started to get more interesting when I battled every single monk in the Bellsprout Tower, and then arrived to the older one I just saw Silver battling him, and the elder said that Silver is obviously treating bad his pokemons. Too good that I love mine! The older monk was defeated by Sky and then he gave me the TM70 Flash.

After two consecutive losses to Falker, Ivy poisoned his pidgeotto and ended up taking out both of his pokemons. I'm so proud of her!
Falker gave to me the Zephyr badge, as well as the TM51 Roost. I've teached it right away to Sky, because I want to save some money for now.

Right after I left the gym, the pokegear started to ring. It was prof. Elm, telling me that I just had a surprise waiting in the pokemart. Than I walked to the mart, and talked to a guy who gave me that egg. He said he's an assistent of prof. Elm, that trusted me to take care of it until it hatches.

But that surprise wasn't enough! When I stepped outside the mart, a kimono girl appeared. She said odd things, but to ensure that I'll take really good care of that mystery egg.

Ivy, the chikorita ♀ Lv.14
Leaf Blade / PoisonPowder / Synthesis / Tackle
Poke_Ball_Sprite.png

016.gif

Sky, the pidgey ♀ Lv.15
Gust / Sand-Attack / Roost / Quick Attack
Poke_Ball_Sprite.png

Other buddies in party:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Bah, you should have just VMed me about it. ;( You can hack in the Shuppet, no problem. Next time, please don't triple post to update though. Sorry I missed your question for so long though. :(

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Bah, you should have just VMed me about it. ;( You can hack in the Shuppet, no problem. Next time, please don't triple post to update though. Sorry I missed your question for so long though. :(

Aw that's okay, I'm sorry for my 3 posts xD I just didn't notice, but it's really weird to post three consecutive times. haha

And yay I can have shuppet! I'm excited about this challenge because I'm using pokemons that I haven't ever used before. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Good! I love using new stuff myself. :) But yeah, if you have any questions you need immediate attention to, it's best to just VM me about it. This thread was falling in activity and I was kinda ignoring it for the event lately, haha.

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Kotone's Diary
Lyra_opening.png

So! In this second day, I've done many things. I trained a lot with my pokemons and they envolved.
A random guy had offered me a slowpoke tail to eat, that was extremely gross. I got to Azalea town, passing through Union Cave. Something tells me to come back to that cave another day. Just before I arrive in the town, I had my first sight of what is a Team Rocket grunt. They are terrible! I passed by one of them just ignoring, and finally got foot at Azalea. I refreshed my pokemons at the PokeCenter, and gone to explore. This was how I discovered what they're really doing to the slowpokes. I felt the urge to help, so I got to the Slowpoke Well, and confronted the grunts and their boss. That was creepy, But I won and saved the slowpokes! Their tails are going to grow back hopefully.
After that I returned to the city and focused on my own objectives. I challenged the gym leader Bugsy, and after solving a little puzzle I got to him and battled him. I won, and that wasn't so difficult with Sky.
After that I explored more of the town and decided to go forward. Before I left Azalea, Silver went to me, challenging me. So we battled our pokemons and I won again. He got just pissed off.
I left the town and so set foot at Ilex Forest, and noticed a guy who was needing help with his boss' farfetch'ds. I snicked from behind them and captured them, returning them to the guy. Right after that, his boss showed up, and thanked me for the help giving me the HM01 Cut.
Furry wanted to learn Cut, so that she could help me. She envolved a while before we all got to Azalea, because she saw Ivy and Sky envolving as well. As she has this helpful spirit, she managed to envolve.
I got through the forest, and as I was passing by I encountered a kimono girl again. She was lost in the forest, so Sky helped her to find the exit.
I also managed to exit Ilex forest, and I just met my friend Ethan in the Daycare. His Grandpa and Grandma work there, and we all echanged our pokegear numbers.

Ivy, the bayleef ♀ Lv.26
Leaf Blade / PoisonPowder / Reflect / Tackle
Poke_Ball_Sprite.png

017.gif

Sky, the pidgeotto ♀ Lv.26
Gust / FeatherDance / Roost / Twister
Poke_Ball_Sprite.png

Other buddies in party:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

PS: Tomorrow I'll post all the screenies. Right now I don't have any time. n_n

Kotone's Diary
Lyra_opening.png

Another day already, and one new badge!
I walked to Goldenrod City, and when I entered to the PokeCenter I met Bill. He's an important gu, as he made the PC system.
And that's some really big city, so I went to shopping, obviously ^_^. Also, I received a byke from the owner of a Byke Shop because he was needing adversisement. When I was exploring this city, I went to the Radio Tower, where I won a quizz and impressed Whitney,the gymleader of Goldenrod. Then I got to her gym and defeated her, and that kinda hurt her feelings. She's a sensitive person I guess. Anyway, after that she gave me the Plain badge and TM45 Attract.
I left the Flower Shop for last as it was just aside of the gym. Then a girl gave me a SquirtBottle, that I used right after that in the middle of my way to Ecruteak city: A sudowoodo was blocking the path, and I battled it and maked it run away.
Oh, and that togepi baby? Well, it wasn't able to run in a trip with me, so I gave it to prof. Elm.

Ivy, the bayleef ♀ Lv.29
Leaf Blade / PoisonPowder / Reflect / Tackle
Poke_Ball_Sprite.png

017.gif

Sky, the pidgeotto ♀ Lv.27
Gust / FeatherDance / Roost / Twister
Poke_Ball_Sprite.png

The helping hand:
Spoiler:

Screenies:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
iUsername: PikachuAddict

This should be interesting. I generally just do the Pokémon gender has to match my gender in-game, and I've never thought of some Pokémon as more male or female than others. I'll start this later tonight when I actually have time to play the game.

Richards Log

1/10/2013
Tonight when I woke up from my nap, my mom told that Professor Elm was looking for and wanted to talk to me. On my way to Elm's Laboratory, I run into Lyra playing with her Marill. I wish I had a Pokémon of my own.

When I get to the lab, Elm is waiting for me. He tells me that he is researching Pokémon walking outside their Pokéballs. And he's giving me a Pokémon, but before he does he gets an email. Apparently his friend Mr. Pokémon found something really rare, it's an egg apparently, yawn. Anyways, I choose my Pokémon a Totodile I name Chomper.

As I leave the lab, Bob the aid gives me some potions. And after I leave the lab, Lyra calls Chomper 'cute'. He is not cute, he is badass get it right. Anyways, I go to tell Mom what I'm doing and she calls Chomper 'adorable' slightly better than 'cute'. She tells me to be proud that others know they can count on me. And she tells me the Pokégear was returned from the repair shop, woot.

I leave for Route 29, and go to Cherrygrove. It is an uneventful trip except for a few battles with wild Pokémon. Chomper gains a level. In Cherrygrove, we get a tour of the city from some old man, who gives us a pair of running shoes, thanks Mom, you won't get for me but some random stranger will, great example, and the map card for my Pokégear.

The trip on Route 30 was uneventful too. A few wild Pokémon battles, and Chomper gains another level. I find Mr. Pokémon house easily, when I go in he has a guest. Mr. Pokémon tells me about his find, and gives me the egg. Then Professor Oak talks to me, and ends up giving the Pokédex. The last two people to get the Pokédex are legends, Red and Blue, were both Kanto league champions. When I exit the house, Elm calls me to tell me he was rob of a Pokémon. I hurry back to New Bark, only to be stopped by a weird red headed kid with a Chikorita, the weakest of the starters. I beat him, and learn his name is Brycen. I tell the police at the lab this, and I give Elm the egg. He is shocked because the egg is really rare here. When he finds out I got the Pokédex, he suggests I do the gym challenge. I think I will. He also suggests I tell my Mom, but I know she'll turn into an emotional wreck when she's given the news. Dad still hasn't returned from his gym challenge, and that was started 5 years ago. I wonder where he is. So I skip out of town and head to the next town, Violet Town.

I get into my second trainer battle, and easily win. Halfway to Violet, and my Mom calls. Yells at me for not telling her goodbye. Offers to save half my money, I say yes. Finally I get to Violet City, and I head to the Pokécenter to heal up, and spend the night. I'll hunting for some other Pokémon tomorrow morning.

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Richards Log

1/21/2013

After waking up, very, very late (it was night time), I head over to Sprout Tower where I capture a level 3 Rattata, that I nickname Arty. After I heal up, I head up to Route 31, where I train Arty to level 9, and in the process I captured a level 3 Hoothoot, which I didn't nickname, and I boxed immediately. I took on the Sprout Tower trainers, making it all the way to the Elder. I saw Brycen there, but I didn't get into a battle with him. I beat the Elder, and recieved TM 70, Flash.

I head back to Route 31 to train Chomper. I get him up to level 14, before deciding to take on the Gym. I manage to solo the entire gym with Totodile and in one go. When I leave the Gym, I recieve a call from Prof. Elm, to go meet Bob in the Pokémart and take the egg from him, joy, what I've always wanted to have a flipping egg. Since the professor wants the egg hatched, I walk around with it and decide what to with it.

I head down to the Ruins and explore a little, I solve the puzzle of a Kabuto, and fall down in to the ruins. Some scientist name Jason gives me something called the Unown Report, and as I'm trying to leave the ruins I run into an Unown. It is a weird looking creature, I do not want, so I run from the battle. I head down to Route 32, and battle some trainers, and head through Union Cave. When I exit from the cave, I notice some bully blocking a well, and being a jerk to a local. He claims to be a Team Rocket Grunt, but everyone knows they were disbanded three years ago. Eh, oh well. Not my problem. The guy is obviously delusion, I really don't need to see the well. When I head to town, someone mentions Kurt the ball maker to me. I think I'll visit him tomorrow.

Team: Totodile Rattata

1/24/2013 - 1/27/2013

Today I walked around Azela Town, and noticed that the Slowpoke weren't anywhere to be seen. Weird, people keep saying that they went missing what is going on here? Anyways, on to the Gym! And what do you know, some jerk in an outfit just like the jerk at the well is blocking my way into the gym, saying something about SlowpokeTail being delicious. No thanks, I have no desire to eat any kind of tail, (Pokétail or not).

Well, hopefully Kurt will give me some Balls. Thankfully, Kurt is home, yes! When I talk about how Team Rocket is up to no good in Slowpoke Well, supposedly selling SlowpokeTails that they cut off. Well, I've seen a guy selling SlowpokeTails, but he wasn't dressed up like Team Rocket. And I've seen two members of Team Rocket hanging around town. It could be true, but I doubt. Kurt says he's off to save the Slowpoke. Oh dear god, I better go off to help him. I have no clue how good a trainer he is, and something could go horribly wrong.

When I get to the well, no sign of anyone Kurt or that annoying guy in the weird outfit. When I go down the well, I find Kurt fell down and hurt his back. He assures me, he'll be fine in a bit, but to teach Team Rocket a lesson for him. As I go farther into the well, I notice more people dressed up like they're in Team Rocket. I battle 3 Grunts, and an Executive who confirms Team Rocket is back. During the battles, Chomper evolves into a Croconow, and further grows to level 20. Kurt tells me his back is feeling better, and since the Slowpoke have been saved, we can go back to his house.

Once there, Kurt tells me he'll make me Balls from Apricorns. Yeah! Going outside, I notice the Gym is free to go into again. Yes. It's easy for me to battle these weak bug types. So I make it to the leader with little trouble. Chomper is now lv. 21, and he knows Ice Fang, so awesome. Bitsy goes down with little trouble for me just need to heal twice because of his Scyther.

Now to go to Ilex Forrest. On my there, Brycen stops me to harass me, but I beat his butt easily. Including his Bayleef in two hits with Ice Fang. He calls me weak, which is funny since I beat him easily. Into the forrest we go after healing up. Some dude lost his masters Farfetch'd and asks me to find them. I easily do it, and I'm rewarded HM01. I teach it to Arty. We get through to the other side of the forrest, where I find a guy to teach one of my Pokémon Headbutt, but I don't know who to teach it to so I walk away. Farther up, I find some women with a pale face. She's lost, and can't find her way out of a fairliy straight forward path. Chomper leads her to the exit, and we leave to.

On Route 34, I see Lyra and meet her grandparents, who run the daycare there. They embarrass her like only grandparents can. I get her number, which she makes a big deal about it being no big deal, and her grandparents number.

I finally get to Goldenrod City. First thing I do is head to the Game Corner and play Voltorb Flip for a while. By the time I stop, I've gotten 2,300 coins. I head over to the Coin Exchange where I get an Abra, and a Dratini. I head back to the Likeminded Center to stay the night.

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Updates are so delicious. Did minimum grinding. Beat a gym but because Claire is a sore loser, I don't have the badge. Hunting for a female Marill cause I ain't about teaching Whirlpool to Lapras. But it's a 1% find and I'm bored.

Spr_HGSS_Lass.png

Player: Alli
Badges: 7 but technically 8 because Claire sucks

Spr_4h_154_m.png
pokeball.png

Megan / Meganium (f) lv. 39 @ Miracle Seed
Petal Dance, Body Slam, PoisonPowder, Magical Leaf

Spr_4h_038.png
premierball.png

Klare / Ninetales (f) lv. 39
Flamethrower, Wil-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Headbutt