The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 18th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Which Pokemon from the Sinnoh Region did you actually dislike in terms? Not one, but how many and why? Do you not like them because of their appearance or stats? Or how they are compared to the other generations? This is my opinion, right here is a long list.

Last edited by Volcanix769; December 19th, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old December 18th, 2012, 03:32 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

I particularly dislike the Pokemon found in Mt. Coronet. (Medicham, Bronzor, Meditite, Chingling, Chimecho, Graveller, Geodude, Golbat etc). I think it's mainly due to the fact that because I encountered them an endless number of times during my journey through the mountain, I began to grow tired of them.
Old December 18th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
Ambipom is very creepy in general. And the whole concept of Shellos was rather pointless I thought. Not to mention they could've pulled him off as a baby Lapras. That's pretty much it. I don't usually dislike Pokemon. There are some that I think are useless in battle and pretty much overall, but still look cool lol.

Old December 18th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

I have a long list. And this is kind of what I thought of this. I know that not every Pokemon should look cute, but here's my opinion.

1. Wormadam- I mean, what kind of Pokemon is this? I know that she's a bagworm, but it's weird! They are unappealing, slow, and not reliable for much battles! And they have odd concepts. I kind of prefer Mothim.
2. Ambipom- Come on, can they make it a bit less creepier? Its face and its entire concept is scary and looks like a person who would come out of your bed and attack you.
3. Purugly- What the heck is a pudgy cat doing here? First, it was a skinny and delicate one (which shouldn't even be here), but it turns into an overweight lump. I wish it should be like Persian in terms of the concept.
4. Magmortar- I got used to Magmar, but what? It's not cool anymore in terms of appearance. It has potential, but this is in terms of its appearance.
5. Skuntank- Ok, this is one of the most disgusting Pokemon I've seen. I mean, it put its tail on its head and reveals the........ no comment. But it has a gassy sound as a cry and it shouldn't even be there in the first place.
6. Pachirisu- Thank you, you furball. Thank you for being another unnecessary Electric Type that's a spawn of Pikachu and never evolves. It made another waste, Emolga. It shouldn't even be here.
7. Kricketot- A useless Pokemon. Even though that I kind of like Kricketune, but Kricketot is very weak and it should know better moves. And what's ridiculous is that it knows NO MOVES by breeding.
8. Bibarel- Oh god NO. It should know more water types by level up and that it's not even that strong. Its main potential is an HM Slave, which I used one for back in 2007 since it's useless and Empoleon is.
9. Probopass- Ok, what is this supposed to be? It seems a bit.... odd. I have no idea if it's Mario or some kind, but it's completely random.
10. Tangrowth- The last one I'm going to say before I reach my limit here. It has got to be one of the worst evolutions known to man. It's very slow, not even faster than the pre-evolution, and it's sort of like Tangela but a bit stronger. Tangrowth is an unappealing Pokemon and it can get killed off easily by Special Attacks. I don't want to know what's under that creature's blue vines.

Last edited by Volcanix769; December 18th, 2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old December 18th, 2012, 04:38 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I normally don't have anything against Pokemon so I think mainly Probopass because of it's freakishly large nose and his odd mustache. He just looks... weird.
Old December 18th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Lucariotoes
Ah-woo.

Nature: Hasty
Always hated Purugly, for similar reasons as Volcanix. Other than that, I can't really say I hate any others. I'm tolerant of most Pokemon, so it's hard to say if there's any I hate from ANY generation, much less 4th.

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature

Old December 18th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Nebula
♚ Here's looking at you, kid.

Nature: Relaxed
There were a few Pokémon I disliked over the others, including Bibarel, Purugly, and Drapion. I have used two of the three and have never been a fan of having either on my team. My reasoning also goes for the appearance of the Pokémon and their comparison to other generations. Not to mention when grinding in an area I forget the name most of your wild encounters are Bibarel. They grow tiresome eventually. Other than that too I cannot say that I was too disappointed with the Sinnoh Dex as I was with Unova. (:

Frequent Visitor of the Roleplay Corner // Roleplays - // Pairless
Old December 18th, 2012, 08:22 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Hmmmmm let me make a list:
Bidoof and Bibarel: I don't not like their appearances, but I have to admit, Bibarel was a very good HM slave
Kricktune: That mustache
Pachirisu: a Sinnoh Pikachu and I don't like Pikachu
Bronzong: looks like a church bell and a watered down Metagross in my opinion

I like everyone else

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old December 18th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
Ohh boy ;___;. There are some fourth generation Pokemon I dearly wish were never put into the game, but then again not all Pokemon can be perfect. Some are small, big, ugly, disgusting, weird, oddly shaped, strange, beautiful, powerful-looking...so there's always a bad bunch in every game sadly D:. For me the awful Pokemon consist of:

Purugly: I have to honestly admit, Glameow wasn't horrible in any way. Just your average Pokemon and actually quite cute, along with loveable :3. I thought it was a brilliant little creature, with sneaky moves like Fury Swipes, but then I saw this. PURUGLY. Uuuugh. It's the most hideous creature I've seen in the Pokemon series, with a smug face, huge body and no good concept in design or colours, this Pokemon takes my cake for the worst Pokemon ever. It's not too bad in battling aspects, as it proved to be a tough challenge when I took on the Galactic Commander Mars, but even stilll... ugh. Not a good Pokemon in my eyes.

Bibarel:
Bibarel is a brilliant HM slave and proves to be useful, but as a member of your party, awful,awful,awful. Just AWFUL D:. Despite it's unique typing, it's stats weren't that good and it didn't prove much use in battle, the only thing I liked about it, was it's capabilities as a HM Slave.

Then there's it's design. The eyes, honestly scare me to death. They're huge and round with a little black dot in the middle. Like the saying "If looks could kill" goes, if that became true in the Pokemon series, Bibarel would easily knock any Pokemon huge or tiny, out in one go. It's body shape and the combination of certain parts, buck teeth and such,made a rather creepy Pokemon. I never had a fondness for either it's design or Bidoofs. Is that just me D:?

Wormadam Family: The Wormadam family in my opinion are awful bug types. They're simply rock-like creatures covered in either leaves, rubbish or dirt, which honestly doesn't score many creative points ;___;. I've tried using them before and found them difficult to use because of their shallow movepool and stats.

I could rant on about a whole lot more, but these are the ones that I particularly hate ;___;.
. :p
Old December 18th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Here's my most hated 4th Gen Pokemon.

Purugly: I did like Glameow, but Purugly really lives up to its name, cos it is ugly. At least Mars's Purugly can be really tough given how early you first fight it.

Wormadam: This thing is absolute rubbish, shallow movepool, terrible stats and awful design. I hated the entire evolution family but Wormadam especially.

Bibarel: It may have unique typing, but its stats are horrid. Makes a great HM slave though.

Kricketot: This thing takes ages for me to train despite evolving early, and its only stuck with 3 level-up moves. I hated Kricketune as well cos of its design.

Heatran: It may have a niche in competitive battling but I hated its design.

Tbh there weren't as many 4th Gen Pokemon I hated as I thought.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old December 19th, 2012, 05:23 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Lucario. This Pokemon shouldn't exist, 'nuff said.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old December 19th, 2012, 05:36 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totodile42 View Post
Lucario. This Pokemon shouldn't exist, 'nuff said.
I think Lucario is a pretty decent Pokemon, even if it is so overrated.

And personally, I love Skuntank. It's an especially pesky pokemon to take down in NU, not to mention it's design and concept definitely fit one another. By far one of my many favourites of the generation.
Old December 19th, 2012, 05:42 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
I think Lucario is a pretty decent Pokemon, even if it is so overrated.

And personally, I love Skuntank. It's an especially pesky pokemon to take down in NU, not to mention it's design and concept definitely fit one another. By far one of my many favourites of the generation.
Yeah, not many people seem to share my hatred for Lucario. It's probably because it's way too overrated, but I can't help but wish it didn't exist.

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

skyluigi2
Old December 19th, 2012, 08:54 AM
ExMedic
Untitled

Bidoof. Sure, you've got to have one fairly useless normal type early on in the game which can be later turned into a HM slave. That's what Ratatta, Sentret and Zigzagoon were for in the other regions. But there's just something about Bidoof that just makes it worse than them.

That, and I really do not much care for this generation's starters. Something in their design is off, or, perhaps it's just my personal preference in which animals they were based off. In my opinion, however, fourth generation may just be the worst when it comes to new Pokemon.
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:34 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Aw, I kind of like Bidoof. What's so bad about it?

skyluigi2
Old December 19th, 2012, 12:32 PM
ahmet476
standing around

Bibarel: I don't like its design.

Gible: Looks like a ball.

Snover and its evolution: Seven weaknesses. One is x4 weakness to Fire. One of the most popular types. Furthermore, Abomasnow looks like an ugly yeti.

Lake trio: Three little cute legendaries. Each of them is almost the same pokemon. Same type, same body size. Only little differences in design and and a variety in stat distribution. Not to mention they weren't the only Psychic legendaries introduced this gen.

Pachirisu: Useless little squirrel.

Burmy and its evolutions except Mothim: They are just too ugly.

Croagunk: I don't like the smile on its face. Looks stupid.

Heatran: Bad design.

Purugly: Pure ugly or fugly.

Prinplup: It's NOT an owl. It's a penguin.

Shellos: Annoying pokemon to run into in the wild. I also find it a little disgusting. Looks like its made of slime.

Playing Pokemon Flora Sky C-Dex

Old December 19th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Playful_Weasel
I just want to play!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
For me has to be -

Bidoof and Bibarel, never liked their design. Don't know what else to say about them

Combee, doesn't look exciting in design, or even looks like a bee-like animal

as oppose to many above, I love Purugly, one of my top 5 Sinnoh favorites, though they should have picked a much better name.
Watchog's #1 Fan!!
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
- FC on Trainer Card
Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
Old December 19th, 2012, 02:48 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Purugly-
Pretty much what everyone else said about it :T

Wormadam-
What the heck. Bad moves, ugly, etc.

Mime Jr-
The final evolution is horrible enough. Why design a "baby" version?

Psychic legendary trio-
I just don't like them.

Bidoof-
Not enough shiny variation. Wild ones are annoying because of Tackle at the first few routes.

Bibarel-
Weak and the fact that it holds oran berries (which can be helpful to steal, though).

Luxio-
It's just ugly and I don't like it. :T
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old December 21st, 2012, 06:07 PM
KingCarini
Unhatched Egg

Bidoof, Bronzor, Glameow and their evolutions. I just do not like their appearances.
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Taeshan
Unhatched Egg

Ambipom still makes me sad...
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Kouzan
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
Purugly: Glameow is really cute but has to evolve into that ugly thing? Maybe that's why it's called Pur[s]ugly/s].
Bidoof/Bibarel: They're just so derpy looking and pretty weak. Bibarel's typing doesn't help much just makes it's learn more HMs. Which is basically the only thing they're useful for.
Probopass: I don't really like Nosepass that much either but at least it's a bit cooler. Plus it's cry is just creepy
Tangrowth Same as Probopas basically. I thought Tangela was pretty weird as a kid.But then they make it weirder by giving it an evolution? And what's up with the long arm? Plus it's slower than it's pre evo? WTF
Cherrim's normal form It's Sunshine form is really cute but it's normal form when it's all folded up is just weird.
Burmy family All of them are weak and useless. Awful stats and bad range of moves. Plus their designs are pretty bad. Burmy looks weird without it's "cloak" thing. No really what is this?
Spoiler:

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Miss Anne Thrope
Disgusted

Nature: Bold
I wasn't really a fan of any of the starter's final evolutions.
Some of the evolutions they gave to Pokemon of previous generations were awesome, but others failed in design. Magnezone, Probopass, Tangrowth.
I hated Ambipom at first but after it popping up every other episode in the anime, it grew on me and I like it now.
Of course there's the "oh God why" Pokemon, one's that are hideous and really have no purpose because they are fairly week. Bibarel (I guess a good HM slave,) Kricketune, Wormadam, Purugly.
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:35 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
Well 4th Generation really didn't impress me at all as far as Pokemon selection. To be honest, the shorter list of the two would be "Which Sinnoh Pokemon did you like?" Granted, I'm not taking stats into consideration, only aesthetics

I disliked almost all the new evolutions, the main exceptions being Mismagnus and the 2 Eeveelutions.

Bidoof is ridiculous

Dialga and Palkia are the weakest of the legendaries design-wise by a long shot.

I mean, alot of them have grown on me, but when the game first came out, I nearly stopped playing because I just couldn't take many of the designs serioulsy.

I find it odd because I like the majority of the B/W designs. I think at the end of the day I just reallllly dislike the majority of the new evolutions, there just so bad. I mean, even down to how they are named. They couldn't come up with a better name than "Lickylicky"?
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Burmy line: This was listed as the #1 worst Pokemon of all time for its wasted gimmick, horrid stats and movepool, and a tiresome dual typing (Bug/Flying) for its male evolution.

Finneon line: Like all generic fish Pokemon, they're just filler.

Cherubi line: Its stats and movepool are terrible for it to be used.

Kriketot line: Thankfully, this was one the last horrid early route Bug type before GF got things right for Bugs in BW.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links