The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old December 12th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Mononoke Hime
viva emptiness

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
Of course.. I don't think I could possibly eat less; I like eating lol. I mean stricter as in.. fruit in the morning, not with dinner, less cheese, more meat.. less sugary foods (like banana-chips or less breads in the evening)
That's nice! Just don't eat more meat, try to eat as much as you was eating before, and instead of just using meat for the protein gain try to diversify your protein source! Butter, beans, spinach etc are a good exemple.
A diverse diet is the key for a healthy alimentation.

Quote:
Yeah I know someone who's a poledancer too, and she has amazing body strength. She can lift her whole self sideways and perfectly straight with just her arms. Amazing! Hold herself up with a leg, etc; she's a dancer too! Very talented!
Oh, that's so nice that you know some pole dancer and recognizes our work! <3

Quote:
For myself, though? Unless it was a class that was specifically focused of the strengthening aspect, I'd find that to be a bit too personal. I'd leave the sex appeal stuff for the bedroom only.. and feel uncomfortable if I had to act out being sexy in a public setting.
You don't need to be sexy in public in order to be a pole dancer. I'm not sexy at all. There's so many gorgeous dancers out there that don't care that much about being sexy.
Watch this video.

Quote:
I'm actually really flexible and naturally have hypermobility. I'm trying to lengthen my hamstrings and calves more, though, to help strengthen my fallen arches. But generally I can go past touching my toes and actually easily lay my palms flat on the floor in front of me. Should work a bit on my downward dog, though.. hence the tight back-legs. Posture is more what I'm trying to focus on since I have a desk job.
Oh, that's cool! I also have hypermobility so I can understand. You won't gain real streanght and resistence so easily exactly because of that.
And yeah you should focus on your posture since I don't want you to loose your back flexibility. ;;
Old December 13th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Yeah that girl in that video is amazing- especially that bit at the end where she's holding herself like that and spinning slowly.
I know two people who do pole-dancing. One's an old friend who does it because she also loves dance, too! (the one I mentioned earlier) She's amazing and super strong and elegant. https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...78585819_n.jpg
I know someone else from uni who opened up her own pole dancing studio and she.. does it for bachelorette parties- and she does it raunchily, too. :/ I dunno, I just find it to be a bit impersonal in that regard. I don't want other people to see how I'd potentially court someone with my body- it's why I dislike people grinding in clubs but that's just my opinion really.

It feels like I know both a proper pole-dancer, and another person who is like.. a wanna-be-pole-dancer-for-attention-and-because-she-likes-sex.

And yomyom I made a nice salad tonight topped with some lean ground beef and onion I cooked and a little bit of corn <3

Last edited by Kura; December 13th, 2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old December 15th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:

And.. had a "checkpoint" today after 3 and a half weeks of 3-times-a-week-workouts at the gym..
My arms are the same, I lost 2cm around each thigh and 2 cm off the hips(86 to 84cm) ; but for some reason gained 2 cm around the waist ;o;..(69 to 71) hopefully just because of bloating/ water retention :c siiigghhh
I thought I ate well already but maybe I need to be stricter on my diet...? :c
I doubt you have put on fat around your waist if you are working out hard and doing cardio. It could be a number of things, most probably water retention. Drink more water and it gets rid of it, you get it especially when you're dehydrated. Also sodium can do it so if you eat alot of salts foods.

Quote:
As you're a woman, you're more inclined to gain muscles with more effort than men. But as I've said before, size doesn't mean actually strenght and resistence.
If you're exercising your body so you must not eat less than you was eating before. What you have to do is eat energetic and healthy food in 3 to 5 balanced meals per day. If you don't do that and stop eating well, your body will think that you're at a scarcity period and will store more fat than it normally does.
^This pretty much. Your body also would rather burn and break down muscle for energy than fat in periods of "starvation/lack of eating".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructor View Post
Well, first off, in regards to your question of strength or size, I definately go for strength. I love to build muscle, but I'm certainly not trying to go all Arnold.

As for routines, I was hoping I wouldn't be asked that. I actually don't have a fixed routine. What muscle groups on which days are fixed, but I try to do completely new exercises for a different number of sets and reps each week. I hate doing the same things over and over in a constant, never-ending cycle; my diet isn't anything special either. I just stay away from junk food for the most part, and aside that, I eat mostly fruits and vegis. It's nothing I could form a chart or schedule from, as I can assure you I'm the most boring person when it comes to stuff like this. I'm sorry if you take offense to that and wish for me to leave the club.
Hi. If you're training you are definitely going to want to eat more than just fruits and veggies. Protein is very important in any form of training, whether it be strength or size.
Pair x [23:25] =Sanguine: take meh with your mighty staff
Old December 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Yeah I think it may have been that. I should drink more water. Right now I drink about 1-1.5 litres (usually 1) and I should be drinking 2

And yeah.. today I ate half a multigrain brown mini-baguette with cream cheese (bread amount is like 3/4ths of a bagel,) a mango and chicken wrap (with lettuce) some dried banana chips, raisins, 2 pieces of dark chocolate, and a salad topped with ground beef and onion with a bit of tomato and carrots tossed in.. also had a coffee and some banana-coconut juice that's not from concentrate.
What would you rate that?
Old December 22nd, 2012, 05:26 AM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
Username: Curious. (But you can just call me Nathan.)

Why you're joining: Umm, I just want to get active. I'm sick of just being skinny, I want to have some muscle too. I wanna get some abs! I don't want to work out hardcore, but I'd rather much like to develop a fitness 'schedule' where I can do workouts independently and at home.

Any thoughts/tips?
Old December 25th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Dark Azelf
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yeah I think it may have been that. I should drink more water. Right now I drink about 1-1.5 litres (usually 1) and I should be drinking 2

And yeah.. today I ate half a multigrain brown mini-baguette with cream cheese (bread amount is like 3/4ths of a bagel,) a mango and chicken wrap (with lettuce) some dried banana chips, raisins, 2 pieces of dark chocolate, and a salad topped with ground beef and onion with a bit of tomato and carrots tossed in.. also had a coffee and some banana-coconut juice that's not from concentrate.
What would you rate that?
That sounds actually pretty balanced to be honest with you. As long as you are getting enough calories too in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
Username: Curious. (But you can just call me Nathan.)

Why you're joining: Umm, I just want to get active. I'm sick of just being skinny, I want to have some muscle too. I wanna get some abs! I don't want to work out hardcore, but I'd rather much like to develop a fitness 'schedule' where I can do workouts independently and at home.

Any thoughts/tips?
Hi there. To put on muscle you have to eat correctly (and be eating enough protein, carbs etc), so Ill link you here. It has alot of relevant info there for you. Hope that helps you a bit and gives you some guidelines. As for abs, they really only show with very low body fat so yeah.

Im not sure if you have access to a gym but i could come up with a programme for you if you'd like ? I could do a home one too, but its a bit harder as im not sure what equipment etc you have access to.
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

So.. who else's diet and fitness routines have been spoiled by the holiday season? I'm not at home so my exercise routine is gonna start back on the 7th. *pats belly full of homemade cake* How about you guys?
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:03 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Pretty sure everyone's had! I personally did nothing for the two weeks over Christmas and New Years. Ive gone back to working out though, 5 days a week with upper body monday, wednesday and friday with legs on tuesdays and fridays.. Not sure how long thats going to last though.

Topic:
How does everyone split up their work outs and decide what to do on what day?
Old January 20th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

I just go by how I'm feeling on that day tbh, and what I did the workout before. If my arms are still sore, I might do a little bit of arm stuff, but not much, for example.

Today I decided to go swimming! My strength and endurance are terrible now! I can only do 7 lanes in 5 minutes! Just gotta keep it up, though!
Old January 20th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Dark Azelf
Community Supporter

Mine is the standard split. Where you hit compound exercises and then isolate muscles later on.

1 - Chest and Triceps (also Abs/core)
Rest Day
2 - Back and Biceps (also forearms)
Rest Day
3 - Shoulders and Legs (also Abs/core)
Rest Day
4 - Rest Day / Optional Day (Which usually involves some power/Olympic lifting and some boxing)

So for example, on chest /tricep day, bench press is a compound movement which incorporates obviously your chest and also tricep. Then later on ill do some tricep isolation exercises after doing all of my chest work which apart from fly type movements, your triceps will also be hit.
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

I find tricep stuff to be the most difficult stuff @_@ I'm really weak with it but I'm trying to get stronger.

I decided to weigh myself today since I haven't weighed myself in about two months. I was 104 lbs and now I'm about 96 lbs. I thought I would be around the same weight though tbh, because I don't see any physical changes in my body other than the fact that my arms are a bit more toned. @_@ Which is a bit disappointing because I really want to tone my mid-section and thighs. Oh well, just gotta keep working.

(And for those who think under 100 lbs is unhealthy and are gonna have a go at me, I'm a bit over 4'11" and my BMI is in the healthy range, thanks ;3~ )

Last edited by Kura; January 26th, 2013 at 08:24 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here