The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 21st, 2012, 10:42 PM
thegeneticway
"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie

Nature: Relaxed
I didn't find them as harder... I found them as more annoying

I got bored so I decided to sneak a peak at each gym leaders' highest leveled pokemon. heh.

And when I saw them I was like O___O so I went audino grinding... a lot. It was rather annoying >.> Monotonous training.

But other than that, it was a breeze. In fact, I sparingly had to use items :3 Yay. So I ended up with like 300k-400k of Pokemon money at the end of the game. \
or was it 200k. hmm i forget lol

Replaying Emerald!

Goals:

National Dex Completed
All 7 Gold Symbols
Master of Contests

... looks like i have a long way to go
Old November 22nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
The Amazing Justin
The Original Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
Do you find BW2 tougher than it's predecessor? I'm not too too far in, however I do seem to be hitting the Pokemon Center more often.

What about you? What do you think and why?
To me, in between the third and fourth gym, the Pokemon start getting harder. There is a seven level gap in-between the levels of the two gym leaders' strongest Pokemon, forcing me to train my pokemon that had just entered their twenties to their thirties. It doesn't help that the Champion's Pokemon are going to be near their sixties. I guess Johto has me unused to how the norm is for Pokemon game levels.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
... It's hard to say. I think Black 2 was easier for me but that might be because I didn't have to go through Twist Mountain and the Mountain you did have to go through in Black 2 you had Bianca with you. But I think some points might have been harder in Black 2 than in White. I think for me it varies on my team, how much I train, etc etc.
Old November 24th, 2012, 11:43 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I did think it was harder when compared to BW, but it still wasn't overly tough. Challenge mode really helped make more of a challenge, but I think the games gave you enough of a chance to over level your Pokémon to counteract it. Especially the Exp pool known as Black City/White Forest.
Old December 20th, 2012, 07:36 PM
PikachuAddict
Mime Jr.

Nature: Naughty
I didn't think it was harder than BW. Of course it was probably because I had a seriously overleveled Samaroutt.
Old December 20th, 2012, 07:47 PM
-BSFR- Reimu
Unhatched Egg

I judged the both of them by "How hard it is to win the game after you get dat lucky egg"
BW1 - be 20lvs higher then everything and destroy All the youkais
BW2 - Easy? BAKA,All the lucky egg does in bw2 is make your levels equal thiers,And even
then its still pretty hard.

BW2 > BW1

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
ThatSuperHappyCloud
Cloud

Nature: Serious
i find it alot harder, Clay who was my personal puchover Gym in the first game destroyed me 3 times before i won, though this time i didnt have a water type it was still way harder than i thought

http://www.youtube.com/user/JrLxGaming?feature=mhee

signature and avatar made by me
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:08 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
I thought that Black 2 was quite a bit hard tan its predecessors. I didn't really think that the gym battles were much harder for the most part, but I thought the amount of trainers and the higher levels of Pokemon earlier in the game made the game harder. I found myself training a lot more so that I wouldn't lose. The Ghetsis battle was really hard in my opinion, and Victory Road was extremely difficult. I had to go back to the Pokemon Center at least five times just to get through victory road. Also, the Elite Four was pretty hard to defeat this time around and I had to carry a lot of hyper potions and revives. Iris was by far my hardest battle of the 5 and Caitlin gave me trouble as well. Also, even the Team Plasma members were harder to beat. Cheren gave me a hard time too. Also, defeating N's Zekrom took me at least two hours because it was so powerful. I had to find a hydreigon then constantly train it until it reached level 65 at least. Then I still had trouble defeating it with my entire team.

The game was harder, but overall I had more satisfaction when I had beat it in the time period that I did.
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:52 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
In terms of main story, I didn't find it that hard at all. Maybe it had to do with my party and choice of moves, but even with my team being mostly steel-type, I was generally beating Trainers, Gym Leaders, and Elite Four Members having Pokemon considerably higher leveled than my own without much in the way of trouble. And I was using Genesect very conservatively. I beat Cynthia pretty easily as well and her Pokemon's levels were at least 8 - 10 higher than mine.

Pokemon World Tournament, though, is another story. The Johto and Sinnoh Leaders are currently giving me some degree of a challenge for some reason.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Magic0loc0
Unhatched Egg

It's definitely harder, but I also like the fact that you start the Elite 4 10 lvl's later.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links