The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 18th, 2012, 09:03 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I actually noticed the other day how cute shiny Venonat are <3

So yesterday I hatched around 100 Treecko eggs. I have less than a PC box left to hatch. I probably will finish that sometime today if I'm not excessively busy. My new goal is to get the shiny Treecko by Christmas eve. I don't want to spend the whole of Christmas on my game system trying to shiny hunt.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old December 19th, 2012, 02:13 AM
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
Day 10... Since exams were postponed due to the sportsfest and generally, being injured I don't need to participate... I spent the entire past days in a classroom playing chess and SPAMMING 2 DSs... One REing, one MMing... Ironically... I believe the Shiny Charm hates me... Because something shone today... But on a game WITHOUT Shiny Charm... I might not hunt for a while (if I can resist the temptation)... My shiny reaction has actually worsened my injury...

See him for yourself:
Spoiler:

Either way... This is the BEST Christmas gift ever! Meh, the problem was I never got a video of it this time because I was at school... Either way, Everstone worked, It has a Modest nature, regrettably, it has Cursed Body instead of Water Absorb... But I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm EV training him as I type after transferring him to White 2.

Anyway, this drought is over! Maybe I should go for Swift Swim Poliwag next? So, I wish you guys luck then! Congrats to NightOfRemorse's Shiny Chimchar! That was quite fast...

May everybody else have a Merry Christmas! I guess I'll be returning all the luck I borrowed now! Good luck~
Old December 19th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
Congratulations on all those shinies. Sorry to hear about your injury, Miloticfan.
I have caught the shiny Haxorus in the nature preserve, but I still haven't gotten the round/oval charm. Is there something I'm missing?
Old December 19th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Just saying hi and congrats on all catches/hatches when I was not around. Wish you a fast recovery miloticfan54.
I've been busy lately but I'll try to be more active.

Cya around and happy hunting.
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:52 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Hope you get better soon, Milotic (: And congratulations on the Frillish.

I've been lazy about hatching Treecko eggs. :T Instead, I've been sitting at the computer and drawing coloring pages of Blue's Clues characters for my best friend's toddler sister. Also some Pokemon ones for her sister who has taken an interest to it.

Speaking of, I'm going to throw together the lineart for the sketch I have finished so I can go back to shiny hunting. Or maybe I'll make some more while I still have creativity.
Old December 19th, 2012, 04:14 PM
SP5Number3
Unhatched Egg

Updating my hunts after obtaining Sawsbuck.

First, I have the Jhoto starters. I am hoping the most for Totodile, but I will accept Chickorita. I just do not want Cyndaquil, considering I've already got three of those and none of the others. (~1000 Pokemon Seen)

Second, is Route 3 in Black. I REALLY want Blitzle, nothing really else. However, if I do get something else, it cannot be a female Pidove. I've gotten one of those, and do not want another. (2700 RE's)

On the side, we have Squirtle and Turtwig. I am hatching Squirtle eggs while doing Route 3 encounters, pretty much on the side. Turtwig, for now, is just when I get bored with the others. (Squirtle - ~700 Eggs / Turtwig - 156 SR's)

Mudkip is put on hold. Sapphire's battery has died, and Ruby is sure to follow. I will be replacing the batteries soon, and get Mudkip soon after (hopefully). (5100 SR's)

Anyways, good luck on everyone's current hunts! And congratulations on recently obtained shinies!!

Last edited by SP5Number3; December 19th, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old December 19th, 2012, 04:49 PM
ThatSuperHappyCloud
Cloud

Nature: Serious
Wow, so many shinies, well ill start hunting black and white 2 what's a shiny charm? And any tips for a starting hunter?

http://www.youtube.com/user/JrLxGaming?feature=mhee

signature and avatar made by me
Old December 19th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm
Just checking in for an update. Went over to gamestop tonight after I got off work and picked up Platinum so I could have another game to hunt in besides Soul Silver. Right now my current hunt for shiny Dratini in SS stands at 1521 SRs, and tonight I'll begin a new hunt for a Sinnoh starter in Platinum. I've been trying to decide which one to hunt for a while now, but I made up my mind and my new target will be shiny Piplup. I was gonna do Chimchar at first because of the nature versatility, but I picked Piplup because I want a water starter, and I already came up with a good nickname for it. After I'm finished eating I'll begin the new hunt on Platinum and I'll be alternating between hunts since I only have one DS. Hopefully I get lucky and Dratini and Piplup shine soon!

Congrats to the new shinies: Azurill, Chimchar, Sawsbuck and Frillish. Shouts out to NightofRemorse, SP5Number3, and Miloticfan54! I noticed there are a couple Treecko hunts going on, I plan on hunting that myself later in SS so good luck on the Treeckos! And good luck to all other hunts! ***

*hunting:

Old December 19th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Lunafloon

Oh gosh, unexpected surprise!!!
I was hatching 60 last Charmander eggs to get the number of eggs to 400 before I put it on hiatus and focus on Snover for Christmas, and after 366 eggs shiny Charmander is mine!!!

But that's not all, oh no, it's female!

I'm so excited you guys, I wanted but did not ever expect to get a female, but she's sat in my shiny box right now all golden and beautiful, my early Christmas present :3
It's my first MM'd shiny too!

Pictures!
http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/...4BB91EC174.jpg
http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/...4B89A97A58.jpg

I plan to hatch the last few Charmander eggs and then move onto exclusively Snover, because I'd still like to take my chance and try and get a shiny snowy tree before Christmas :)
Congrats on the Frillish miloticfan54! Also any others I might have missed though I don't think I have... And of course, good luck everyone else on your hunts, don't get discouraged like I almost did and give up! Keep trying and you'll get those sparkles!

Last edited by Lunafloon; December 19th, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old December 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
@Slender Thanks, you too! Shiny Treecko's awesome :D
@ThatSuperHappyCloud To put it quickly/simply lots of patience is the best advice! :D The Shiny Charm is a key item you get when you fill the national dex in Black/White2, and it reduces the shiny odds. Here's the Bulbapedia entry for it: "Effect: Increases the chances of encountering Shiny Pokémon. Chances of encountering Shiny Pokémon in the wild is changed to 1/2730. Chances of an egg producing a Shiny Pokémon via the Masuda method is changed to 1/1024."
Congrats Miltoicfan54 on the Frillish (and I hope you get well soon), and Lunafloon on the Charmander! That little fiery gal definitely helps with your yellow theme, huh?

I'm only doing 100 or so SRs per day-ish personally, because I'm working on a few animations and stuff! Hopefully I can nab something before Christmas though, that would be good!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:26 AM
ThatSuperHappyCloud
Cloud

Nature: Serious
Thanks, wow looks like I have some work to do, I didn't bother with the Dex while playing through

http://www.youtube.com/user/JrLxGaming?feature=mhee

signature and avatar made by me

Last edited by ThatSuperHappyCloud; December 22nd, 2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: because i misspelled Dex with a "S" .......yeees
Old December 22nd, 2012, 02:00 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

So I reset some of my games.
Today I got a hold of the Lake of Rage Gyarados! Of course it's not as good as a normal shiny, but still nice to have around. n_n

I've still been procrastinating my Treecko hunt. I'm more focused on completing my national dex on Diamond.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:59 PM
MonoSpectator
Neighborhood Psycho

Nature: Quirky
Uhm, greetings Shiny Pokemon Hunters :3 May I join this club?

I don't have any shiny Pokemon of my own just yet, but I'm hunting for a shiny Charmander and a shiny Eevee (with all eeveelutions) in my Pokemon FireRed, although I might be moving to Emerald soon and start hunting for those above along with a shiny Mudkip and other 3rd Gen Pokemon.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:35 PM
Lunafloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
and Lunafloon on the Charmander! That little fiery gal definitely helps with your yellow theme, huh? ^_^
Thank you! She sure does! There's just something about yellow shinies I like. I don't even mean to collect so many but I guess I may as well make it a thing now, especially since I'm hunting Shinx on Platinum soon :P

A lot of Treekos being hunted for around here! Good luck finding those blue and red geckos, and any other hunts taking place. I'm in the process of hatching my stockpile of 330 Snover eggs, which brings the total number of eggs to 530! MMing is fun and frustrating all at once, that's only (roughly) half the odds and I already feel like it's taken forever!
Old December 23rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
NightOfRemorse
my anxieties have anxieties

Nature: Lonely
Congratulations on the Sawsbuck, Frillish and Charmander! Also, congrats on the Charmander being female. She's just like my shiny Treecko haha, she's female too.

So, I was going to hunt Skorupi for the red shiny of this contest, but because I also want to use it competitively I'm going to put that hunt off for a while. See, I was planning on Everstoning (lol that sounds weird) a Careful nature on it and breeding the egg move Whirlwind, but that won't be possible as of now because I forgot that Everstone only works on the female Pokémon and my Japanese female Skorupi doesn't have the right nature. My male English Beautifly does, though, because I'm an airhead and forgot that that won't work. So the easiest way to accomplish my plan is to use a female English Skorupi with the correct nature (that shouldn't be hard to do) and a male Japanese Beautifly or Dustox with Whirlwind. Now, I'm sure many of us know the ridiculous things people on the GTS ask for, so getting the male Japanese Beautifly or Dustox will take a while and I don't want to waste hunting time. Instead I will hunt for Bonsly :]
And if I don't get lazy I'll continue playing through Diamond version so I can SR for the Lake Trio. I haven't touched it in a while so I should really get to it soon haha.

tl;dr I won't be able to get the nature and egg move I want for my shiny Skorupi in time for the contest so I am putting it off and hunting for Bonsly instead. I will try to play through Diamond as well so I can start SRing for the Lake Trio.

And on another note, I evolved two of my shinies, so I now have shiny Zoroark and shiny Vaporeon. Woo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoSpectator View Post
Uhm, greetings Shiny Pokemon Hunters :3 May I join this club?

I don't have any shiny Pokemon of my own just yet, but I'm hunting for a shiny Charmander and a shiny Eevee (with all eeveelutions) in my Pokemon FireRed, although I might be moving to Emerald soon and start hunting for those above along with a shiny Mudkip and other 3rd Gen Pokemon.
Welcome to the club, MonoSpectator! Charmander and Eevee are very cool shinies indeed :D
However I suggest that you not SR in Emerald, because the RNG is broken in that game. Every time you SR you'd end up with the same Mudkips over and over. I'm not super knowledgeable about why that is or why it happens, or if it even affects the shininess of wild Pokémon, so anybody who knows more on that will hopefully explain in further detail.

Good luck on your hunts, everyone! Yay I'm done blabbing now
I stay away
Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:43 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Welcome, MonoSpectator (:

No updates yet on Treecko. Instead, I've been trying to beat Soulsilver version. It's nearly Christmas, so I think I'm going to kick back when it comes to hunting. I'm going to reset HG version and just SR for a shiny starter. Worst case scenario, I either don't find one or I get another Chikorita. It's not like it'll hurt anything to have an extra one! I found my first SR shiny in around half of an hour, which was pretty epic. I almost skipped out and kept trying for Cyndaquil or Totodile...glad I changed my mind, considering afterward I kept trying for 3 hours with no luck.

I do have a question for you guys, though.
Should I try to SR for a shiny Lugia, once I can get to it? It would be my very first shiny legendary, which is nice. But should I skip out and go for one of the bird trio instead? I think I'm going to go browse the shiny versions of the legendaries to help decide.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:47 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Congrats on the shiny Frillish, miloticfan54! Get well soon!

Congrats on the shiny Charmander, Lunafloon!

Welcome to the club, MonoSpectator! NightOfRemorse explained the broken RNG as well as I could. I would stick with FireRed.

This week's random hunt is... Girafarig!
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:01 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

My life is now complete.
For Christmas, I was given a pre-loaded version of Pokemon Emerald. No cheat devices. Everything is legit.

It includes every Pokemon from Gen I-III and every single one is shiny, aside from ones that cannot be legitimately obtained (i.e. Celebi). @_@

Best of all...I can send my favorite ones over to Diamond version to battle with. n_n
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Merry Christmas everyone; hope you are all having a good time with your family and friends.

Cya and happy hunting.
Old December 26th, 2012, 09:11 AM
grassbunny
Unhatched Egg

im new to this site but i love shinies
i just caught a shiny metapod :D its brownish and i evolved it into a purple butterfree with green eyes (pokemon gold) it was the first pokemon i met after getting pokeballs.
I was like OMG

I allso have a shiny psyduck in my other game its light blue and white nothing notable about it apearance

Last edited by grassbunny; December 26th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:47 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Welcome, Grassbunny. (:
Oh, cool. I hunted for a shiny Psyduck a while ago, but after hatching less than 30 eggs, I got bored and quit.
Old December 26th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Welcome to the club, grassbunny! Congrats on the shiny Metapod!

I MMed some Litwicks on White on the 24th for my birthday, but no luck.
Old December 26th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Been gone for just under a month now. Way to much RL stuff to have time for games. BUT picked up Black 2 after a month and decided to work towards finally completing the game. got the 3rd gym done now so just the rest to go before I start SRing all the legends, which will be long and boring but eh. Plenty of time atm.
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm
Just an update on my current hunts:

Dratini - 1760 SRs (Soul Silver)
Piplup - 150 SRs (Platinum)

So I reset my Platinum version earlier today for a new ID and hoping for the best, I don't plan on resetting again so I'm just gonna stick with it until I get the shiny Piplup. Lately the hunt for Dratini has been coming along a lot slower than it normally would since I have been so focused on SRing in Platinum. I want shiny Empoleon VERY badly, because it is one of the few water shinies that isn't purple or green and I just gotta have it so I can start playing in Sinnoh for the first time. I'll try and get more hunting done in SS since the resets are much faster, but wanting to get Piplup so badly is conflicting with that. Been thinking about going to get Heart Gold too because I want another shiny Johto starter (Totodile mostly, but I wouldn't mind Chikorita since I don't have one) and the SRs are really quick. Whatever happens, I just hope Dratini and Piplup shine soon!

Welcome to the new members, and good luck to everyone on their hunts! :D ***

*hunting:

Old December 27th, 2012, 04:33 AM
ThatIceman
Togepi

hi every one i just wanted to say that i caught a shiny ponchyna :D i am so happy
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links