The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old December 21st, 2012, 03:37 PM
smurf
Veteran Trainer

this just maybe my personal opionon but i was just wondering if anyone else felt the same in black and white 2 it seems that Alder and Cynthia are weaker than in black and white. now that being said i know some one will say that alder is no longer them champ and cynitha is in the wrong region but still does anyone agree or disagree with me????

Old December 21st, 2012, 04:15 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Apparantly, you haven't fought Alder's PWT team, which is said to be harder than his usual team. As for Cynthia, her Garchomp is still a pain unless you wear it down (while hoping Dragon Rush's not-so-good accuracy is actived more often. The reason why they replaced her Milotic with Glaceon is because of Wallace, who uses it as his signature Pokemon. If you're talking about their levels in BW2 compared to BW1, I think GF wants the player to face them earlier, after beating Iris, to unlock some of the post-story's features (i.e. Black Tower/White Hollow).
Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:15 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf View Post
this just maybe my personal opionon but i was just wondering if anyone else felt the same in black and white 2 it seems that Alder and Cynthia are weaker than in black and white. now that being said i know some one will say that alder is no longer them champ and cynitha is in the wrong region but still does anyone agree or disagree with me????

Alder I never had problems with at all with my 2 pokemon but they made Cynitha weaker it seems in B2
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:12 PM
The Nightmare
"I fight for what I belive in"

Nature: Quiet
It normally depends on what type of pokemon you have really, Cynithia/Alder can be annoying if you aren't high leveled or don't have the right pokemon against them. I don't think they are weak since they do have powerful pokemon with strong moves.

Old December 30th, 2012, 05:05 PM
mechro147
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
cynthia didn't give me much trouble for my Virizion(that i got from a trade. he is lvl 82) the only bump was spiritomb because his only non fighting and non normal move is leaf blade. i haven't fought alder yet but i might when i get around to it.

Old January 7th, 2013, 06:06 PM
The Amazing Justin
The Original Player

Agreed, the Champions are fairly simple to fight. But, is it just that were so good now?
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Justin View Post
Agreed, the Champions are fairly simple to fight. But, is it just that were so good now?
You have a point there. We might have gotten strong enough during the game, to beat them with ease. As for the Champions, they were fought as much earlier stages, at your first elite four visit. That's just my thoughts.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf View Post
Much stronger so quickly you have become, hm? Heavily training quite diligently you must be!

Yoda-speak aside, the original battle with the E4 is Lv.50 in B/W (N is Lv.52, Ghetsis is Lv.54). This is higher in B2/W2 [E4 and Champion top out at Lv.61, rematch is higher like in B/W). So my Yoda-speak is actually quite accurate here.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Much stronger so quickly you have become, hm? Heavily training quite diligently you must be!
Cyclone
That's what I was thinking I didn't really find Cynthia any different, maybe less pressure since if you lost you didn't have to re-face the Elite Four? I actually was a little disappointed by Alder, I never had trouble with him at all, though it was a nice try, Gamefreak, haha.

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old January 13th, 2013, 08:25 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

You could call me a little obsessive about training. I like to have my party be at level 75 before taking on the E4+1. Makes it seem easy and I get to go around the region looking at things i otherwise skipped. Training for me seems fun (or am i just different :/) and thus the E4+1 always seem easy. Cynthia is always a challenge if you arent prepared, or if you flat get unlucky. Alder was sufficiently weakened in B2/W2 as A) he is no longer the champ and B) you get to challenge him on your own time, which appears to be the trend when weakening trainers in the series.
Spoiler:
However, his weakening could also be to emphasize the strength of Alder's "heir" in black city/white Forrest. His grandson(? check me on that) has the highest levels of pokemon in the game and is a tough match if you arent going at him with lvl100's. Could the "heir" play a role in upcoming games? twist...
My warped take and all this "weak" talk. pfft. Good Luck

Regards, Chris
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
You just have OP Pokémon... try to battle champs with 10 or 20 level Pokémon under them and you will see that they are not that weak

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Its a matter of opinion, some are weaker than others but I found Cynthia pretty tough.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links