The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:00 PM
Uzigunner

Nature: Gentle
Um, on the main post meaning first page, Dark Rising 1 is the final one write that is written in the download list and not beta 1. Sorry for confusion.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:06 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
Um, I still am seeing beta 1 in the download list, what's happening.
No, it says "Pokemon DarkRising1" below wild pokemon list. It just has a similar title to the last rom I uploaded. That's the final version, just download it and see the difference yourself.

And right after I upload it I notice 2 tile errors in Tiki Village's boarder blocks lol. Ignore that for now guys, I'll fix it up when I get the chance. But yea, the rom that's on the main post now is the complete hack.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:16 PM
Uzigunner

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
No, it says "Pokemon DarkRising1" below wild pokemon list. It just has a similar title to the last rom I uploaded. That's the final version, just download it and see the difference yourself.

And right after I upload it I notice 2 tile errors in Tiki Village's boarder blocks lol. Ignore that for now guys, I'll fix it up when I get the chance. But yea, the rom that's on the main post now is the complete hack.
Sorry again but there is no new music is there? All will have trainer battle music like before no?
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:24 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
Sorry again but there is no new music is there? All will have trainer battle music like before no?
Yeah, if I can find a music inserter we'll come back to this hack and change the music up for abit. I need a loooong rest everyone, I've put in a lot of work. I assure you no errors will stop your play through or ruin the hack's progression for you. If you do spot an error, I 99.9% guarantee it's a minor problem and nothing major. So for now, let me get some rest before I fix up anything.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:33 PM
anugrah6
Togepi

Playing Beta 2 i saw that after the first battle with 3 grunts after the event they stay there
EDIT : I cant get back to the forest after entering TIKI Village
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:51 PM
kensarcher
Hack Addict

IM PLAYING IT NOW ON MY PSP WEEEEE.. I STARTED PLAYING HITS GAME 1 WEEK AGO AND I FOUND IT SPECTACULAR FOR A HACK, I THOUGHT POKEMON HACK WAS JUST A WASTE OF TIME TO PLAY BUT I WAS WRONG :D SINCE THE FIRST DAY I PLAY DARK RISING MY THOUGHTS WERE BEGUN TO CHANGE... NOW I LOVE PLAYING HACKS SPECIALY THIS GAME MORE POWERS DARK RISING GIRL MORE HACKS TO COME!
Pokemon Victory Fire and
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Reign Of Legends
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Pokemon Red: Red Story

________________________< My Pokemon Dark Rising Team>___________________________
Old December 23rd, 2012, 12:07 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by anugrah6 View Post
Playing Beta 2 i saw that after the first battle with 3 grunts after the event they stay there
EDIT : I cant get back to the forest after entering TIKI Village
I'll fix that right away, sorry. That was due to the changes atif made to mapping. You'll be able to get back to tiki village shortly after I fix that and re-upload it.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 12:43 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

UPDATE EVERYONE! DOWNLOAD THE ROM NOW!

I fix that small error that prevented you from going back to twist woodlands. sorry about that first rom I uploaded. Everything should go smoothly now til the end of the hack. I completely forgot to change the tile that warps you back to twist woodlands from tiki village since atif re-maped the area. It's all fixed now!!! ENJOY
Old December 23rd, 2012, 04:29 AM
shreyanshvalentino

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Yeah, if I can find a music inserter we'll come back to this hack and change the music up for abit. I need a loooong rest everyone, I've put in a lot of work. I assure you no errors will stop your play through or ruin the hack's progression for you. If you do spot an error, I 99.9% guarantee it's a minor problem and nothing major. So for now, let me get some rest before I fix up anything.
Ha ha ha..I'm sure you need some rest after releasing final version of DarkRising 1..its awesome..i'm playing with my old sav file..the game is now more perfect due to day & night effects,right??

ps-hey i just wanted to know that is it normal for those scripts to run again & again?? i tried 2 give a description about that problem in my previous post..just so you may know,i don't have any problem with that..

BUG found- hey after you battle fighting dojo's leader you get the option 2 choose sawk & throh but whichever pokeball i choose i get throh..i can't get sawk

Last edited by shreyanshvalentino; December 23rd, 2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: BUG report
Old December 23rd, 2012, 05:03 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
awesome! this is how many years in development? anyways, kudos on finishing your first official hack DRG, i will most certainly play it. im sure this will become one of the greats because its quality and build-up were amazing and i applaud you that you actually stuck by your hack unlike a lot of other hackers who abandon their hack after their first beta. good luck on DR2, looking foward to another great hack by you~
Old December 23rd, 2012, 05:06 AM
justsneak
Unhatched Egg

The first time I met Adrian and his lv90 Umbreon, battled him won, then whited out.
Can you confirm?
It seems like its part of the story line, but it happened twice now and he's still there.

edit: I've skimmed through the thread, and assume that the umbreon is a failed script Lugia?

Last edited by justsneak; December 23rd, 2012 at 05:19 AM.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 05:22 AM
LightorDarkness
Unhatched Egg

Is there any way to start from where i last played ??? I like my current team right now REAL BAD
Old December 23rd, 2012, 05:22 AM
kensarcher
Hack Addict

help bug. after defeating the dark champion (before entering numassity city) the dialogue stuck at "who is this guy?", i know that the scene ends there but it didnt cut it perhaps its stuck. the scene is "my pokemon facing the dark champion" and the dialogue "who is this guy?" then stuck pls help
Pokemon Victory Fire and
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Reign Of Legends
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Pokemon Red: Red Story

________________________< My Pokemon Dark Rising Team>___________________________
Old December 23rd, 2012, 05:25 AM
justsneak
Unhatched Egg

Just copy the xxx.sav file, rename it to match the rom name.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 06:12 AM
kensarcher
Hack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsneak View Post
Just copy the xxx.sav file, rename it to match the rom name.
im done doin it after i finish downloading the rom.. my save works fine but when i challange the dark champion after defeating kai's dad, the game encounter a dialogue problem on "who is this guy?" (scene:my pokemon facing the dark champion) and it didnt cut the scene but the winning bgm continously playing..
Old December 23rd, 2012, 06:18 AM
kyle_649
Unhatched Egg

Loving the hack, havn't been checking this for some time and im loving that you used my kyurem/black/white sprites
Old December 23rd, 2012, 06:59 AM
justsneak
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensarcher View Post
im done doin it after i finish downloading the rom.. my save works fine but when i challange the dark champion after defeating kai's dad, the game encounter a dialogue problem on "who is this guy?" (scene:my pokemon facing the dark champion) and it didnt cut the scene but the winning bgm continously playing..
Same problem. If you press b you just lose, but atleast you dont freeze there.
How did you beat him? I dd'ed 3 times with lv60 mence and a few hyper potions. Brick break is 2HKO.
I was answering the guy above you.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
Mia-san
A Cute Victini.

Nature: Docile
Hi, DRG. I played this hack until the end and I enjoy it. I just want to say something.

- N, Elite Four and Champion Adrian have a VERY big OW sprite.
- When I battle the elite four and champion, all of them had a different battle sprite unlike the OWs.
- Did you changed the Elite Four and Champion's named and team? 'Cause I battle the normal one.
- I can't passed Adrian when I first battle him, so I removed him using A-Map.

That's all I've to say. I can't wait for Dark Rising 2 and future release!

~ Mia.

Last edited by Mia-san; December 23rd, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 12:06 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Hey everyone, sorries about the Adrian battle. I'll be fixing that Right Now and upload an updated rom within the next hour. Thanks for your patience.
EDIT: I'll be fixing the Throh/Sawk problem as well. After that, there should be no game-stopping errors. I'll inform everyone when it's uploaded. Working on it now.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 01:03 PM
Chrisilly
Unhatched Egg

Hello guys,
I'm new to this forum and I stumbled into this really cool looking hack. What got me thinking though (and it's probably noted somewhere) is that it's based of fire red (3rd Gen). Does this mean there's no physical/special split in the attacks, but is dependent on typing? Sorry to bother with this question, but can't find any info on that atm.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
xxslypikachuxx
Unhatched Egg

very good game so far keep up the good work
Old December 23rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

ATTENTION EVERYONE! UPDATE!

I JUST uploaded the updated rom which fixes the Adrian battle And allows you to get both Throh and Sawk. I've tested all 3 errors myself and they Now work perfectly. Also, according to Mia-Mia San, the Adrian event was the Last & Only game-stopping error remaining in the hack. Therefore, download the now updated rom and enjoy it til the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisilly View Post
Hello guys,
I'm new to this forum and I stumbled into this really cool looking hack. What got me thinking though (and it's probably noted somewhere) is that it's based of fire red (3rd Gen). Does this mean there's no physical/special split in the attacks, but is dependent on typing? Sorry to bother with this question, but can't find any info on that atm.
Sorry, but the physical/special split is not in this hack. However, all of the Pokemon who gain advantages from it that are in the hack will learn moves that benefit their specific attack type. For example, a good move set for Conkeldurr in the hack would be Stone Edge, Earthquake, Bulk Up, Superpower/Mach Punch. Although the elemental punches don't help him at all in this hack, he can still learn them and the move set I just mentioned more than makes up for the lost of the elemental punches. So just try to work around it and try different moves. Build balance attack type teams.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Chrisilly
Unhatched Egg

Okay cool! I bet the rest of this game more than makes up for the absence of the spec/phys split. I just started and it's cool!
Old December 23rd, 2012, 02:22 PM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Nature: Modest
Hello, DRG. I found a game-stopping error at Mystic Falls. When Sydney battle you, a black-out will happen. I played until the end and it was awesome. Can't wait for Dark Rising 2.

Last edited by PokemonGiratinaX; December 23rd, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Important:

I hope everyone who's playing the updated version I just uploaded an hour ago is enjoying it. But according to Mia-san, the knights were replaced by the original elite 4 somehow. I just fixed that problem so if you guys reach the knights and they're the elite 4 instead when you battle them, just download the rom again that I'm uploading now. Other than that, everyone's working right. Have fun.

Sponsored Links